Mancy's Bluewater Grille
461 W. Dussel Drive
Maumee, OH 43537Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Mancy's Bluewater Grille
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mancys.com/
- Phone: 419-724-2583
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Rob Campbell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mancy’s Bluewater Grille offers a semi-private dining room to groups of 25 to 30 people. Semi-private dining is available for both lunch and dinner, and is based on availability at the time you make a reservation. A $50 deposit is required to reserve our semi-private room, which is refundable given a two week cancellation notice. All semi-private parties will be one check, and an applicable sales tax and an 18% gratuity will be applied to the entire bill. Mancy’s Bluewater Grille accepts reservations up to two months in advance.
- Private Party Contact: Harmony Tahy 419-724-2583
A word from Mancy's Bluewater Grille
Today at Mancy’s Bluewater Grille we are able to buy the best seafood in the tradition of our grandfather. Modern logistics allow fresh fish and seafood, from as far away as Hawaii to be delivered to our restaurant in less than 24 hours. Our breads are baked fresh daily and all of our desserts are made in-house. Our soups, sauces and dressings are made from scratch using only the finest ingredients. Our steaks and chops are the finest quality you have come to expect from Mancy’s. Our menu is a testament to our commitment of quality. Menus are printed daily to reflect the seasonal availability of fresh fish. We have been serving the finest food in Toledo for more than 85 years. Thank you for choosing Mancy’s Bluewater Grille. We are proud to carry on the Mancy’s tradition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mancy's Bluewater Grille - Best Restaurants in Maumee ›
Mancy's Bluewater Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (107)romantic (69)fit for foodies (55)good for groups (42)notable wine list (38)neighborhood gem (30)hot spot (20)great for outdoor dining (18)vibrant bar scene (17)great for lunch (17)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- What happened?JudyZDined on 8/30/2014Wa 7:30 reservation, we were told we would be seated closer to our reservation. (It was 7:28). After waiting until 7:40, the two hostesses decide to show us to a bar table. I did not agree to this and asked for a table in the dining room. They said nothing was available only to see four available tables so we waited an additional five minutes. I ordered the special, monkfish over polenta. The monkfish was described by the waitress as similar to lobster. It had some type of breading and was pan fried which was not good. To make matters worse it was served on COLD polenta which was so loaded with so many spices that it tasted bitter and chalky. It was not good to say the least. Really, it was a surprise as the food is usually very good.Special Features:
- Nice DinnerJohnsonVIPDined on 8/29/2014Our first time dining here and we were pleased - service was excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Although a bit pricey, food is spectacular and worth every penny. Very nice selection of foods. Wait staff is beyond friendly and helpful. They go above and beyond. Romantic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014Mancy's Bluewater Grille is an excellent choice for seafood and steaks. It's a bit on the pricier side, but you get what you pay for.Special Features:
- Excellent seafood - AlmostSylvaniaDinerDined on 8/23/2014We returned to Bluewater Grill after too long an absence and had an almost wonderful dining experience. Went on Saturday night, the place was busy as usual. Waiter was friendly, attentive and knowledgeable. Our one mistake was trying a new appetizer; their sushi. It was beautifully presented but disappointing; cooked salmon inside rather than the crab we had expected. The main courses were excellent. My maple and bourbon salmon was absolutely delicious. My wife's Chilean sea bass excellent. Both perfectly prepared. Sides, her mashed potatoes and my ravioli, were also excellent. Only two drawbacks; this is a busy place and the noise level is a bit high...and the sushi. But the fish is truly excellent and we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great... as always!mrh1999Dined on 8/23/2014The quality of the food and service at any of the Mancy's restaurants is fantastic and Blue Water Grill is no exception. Whether you want seafood or steak, there isn't anything on the menu that I have been disappointed in... great meal all around!Special Features:
- Very nice eveningPicomonDined on 8/23/2014We had a wonderful and attentive waitress who greeted our party of five with patience and good humor. I had requested a booth and did indeed receive one. Our oysters were nicely chilled and we had a leisurely dinner with lots of chatter among ourselves. Lovely evening.Special Features:
- Amazing service, great experience!JackieRDined on 8/22/2014We planned to surprise my Dad for his 60th birthday party and I called a week and a half ahead to make a reservation. I had to call and change the reservation 4 times as we kept changing the # of people. My Dad thought it was just my mom, and they were going to show up at 6:30pm to find all of us waiting at the table. My Dad tried to cancel the reservation that day and then asked my mom to bump up the reservation time - making it difficult as we had a number of folks traveling in from out of town that would not arrive in time. I called and explained the situation and they were absolutely AMAZING in helping to keep it a surprise! Our server was amazing, food was delicious and the entire experience was truly a 5 star experience!!Special Features:
- Consistency at a very high levelJohnBDined on 8/21/2014This was our fourth time to dine at Mancy's Bluewater Grille. We now aim to stop in Maumee when we travel between our hoem in Saugerties, NY, and our daughter's home in Madison, WI, just so we can have a meal at Mancy's. This occasion did not disappoint; much to the contrary, it equaled the high level of performance we have come to expect. The ambience was great, the service (from David) was superb, the food was outstanding, the selection was excellent. This is a very special place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointingSteakhousefanDined on 8/20/2014Steak was over done a little, and not of typical Mancy's quality. little to no marbeling in a ribeye! Spicy tuna roll was warm (not spicy) and very mushy. They had great options for the kids. Steak medallions and a small piece of Salmon. Beats the standard chicken fingers. I am a picky steak guy, so my expectation was high. The original Mancy's would have thrown my steak in the trash. My wife and kids enjoyed, I was a little underwhelmed. As a note, I have had great experiences here prior.Special Features:
- Great Date NightNotMyDinnerTableDined on 8/16/2014Enjoyed a great night out. Music was a little loud for carrying a conversation but was a great lively placeSpecial Features:
- Just okayLAYam310Dined on 8/16/2014After moving to the area recently, we were told MBG was a must, so we went expecting to have our socks knocked off. Sadly, it didn't live up to the hype. We ordered the calamari which came with a tiny amount of Hoisin sauce spooned over the dish leaving it quite bland. The bread& salads were good-no complaints there. We each had the stuffed shrimp which left a lot to be desired. The service though, was great, as was the ambience. The weirdest part was watching the person I can only assume to be the manager, walk laps around the restaurant-not stopping by tables, just wandering around. We were passed 3-4 times-no eye contact, just strange. I was not impressed which is disappointing because there is no doubt in my mind we would have returned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningluvgdfdDined on 8/16/2014This was my third visit to Mancy's Bluewater Grille. Each time I tried a different appetizer, entree and wine using recommendations from our server. The oysters rockefeller were superb; the scallops were perfectly prepared to melt in your mouth tenderness; and the wines were a taste treat. The acoustics are perfect, allowing a conversation at your table without being a part of the conversations at the nearby tables. Dining here is a totally enjoyable and perfect time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Bluewater Blog!aglowGloDined on 8/15/2014There were six in our group and three were from out of town, never having been there before. We had a round table, so helpful for a group and seeing/hearing each other well! It was a PERFECT and delightful dinner experience for all six and we will be back sooner, not later!Special Features:
- Bluewater Grille Is Mancy's qualitycankunDined on 8/15/2014We were looking to get a great steak dinner and we certainly got it. Mancy's is known for their great steaks so we knew it was safe bet that even though it is a quality seafood restaurant their steaks would be also. The service was excellent as well.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014I took my mother for dinner on Thursday, August 14, 2014. We requested to sit outside since it was a beautiful evening. The food was delicious and the wine was superb. We ordered the smoked salmon crostini, simply prepared scallops, and the maple bourbon salmon. For dessert, my mother had the chocolate cake (added the whipped cream). Jordan our server was prefect. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bdbubbaDined on 8/9/2014While the food was great it was our server who made it even better!! Thank you Nick you were the best!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as alwaysAlexVIPDined on 8/5/2014We have dined here several times, the food and service are quite good. This is a defiinate go to for us. Fresh seafood and a great wine list. Steaks are top notch!Special Features:
- Business LunchJustSomeGuyDined on 8/5/2014A good spot for a business lunch. They do tend to pack too many people in a small space. This is common in busy dining spots, but the ones that do not do this stand out positively. If you want space for a business lunch, you may need to pass on this one. If less formal or you don't mind a little less elbow room, this is great.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerengineguyDined on 7/31/2014Went for our anniversary. Food and service was great. Waiter was very helpful with the menu. Atmosphere of restaurant was perfect for a nice quiet night out. Will definitely visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerMommabearDined on 7/31/2014Service was excellent. Everyone had something different and all dishes were delicious.Special Features:
- Great Place for a MemorylovedthedayDined on 7/31/2014We were there celebrating a special occasion. The food was excellent and the server was very professional. We were both very happy with the lunch and we have a great memory of the day to share.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/29/2014Very nice restaurant. Food, service, and atmosphere very good as alwaysSpecial Features:
- Fancy & fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014Amazing fish & steak selection. The same class as Mancy's Steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 12 yr wedding anniversary dinnerLuv2eatoutDined on 7/26/2014Had the fillet mignon and stuffed shrimp husband had the medallions everything was great, fantastic service, Dined inside but the outside dining looked beautifulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great experienceProudDadDined on 7/26/2014Although we are not regulars, over the years we have never been disappointed in the cuisine at the Bluewater Grille. Staff are always friendly and attentive. Our daughter is a natural body building champion and when in training she must follow a very restrictive diet. There are very few restaurants where she can order specific food and get what she ordered. The Bluewater chefs do exactly what she wants with no problem. Coo dos to all at M.B.G.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's Mancy's - of course it's good!LoriCDined on 7/24/2014Have dined at Mancy's many times for various special occasions--and just because we felt like treating ourselves. Always pleased with the food and service. It's noisy--this visit included a baby crying for about 15 minutes. Food was, as usual, excellent. Only negative was that the salad croutons were burnt and the salad contained a large hunk of salad end. Blue cheese dressing terrific. The calamari appetizer is great. I wish it was offered as an entrée.Special Features:
- gourmayVIPDined on 7/23/2014Food is ok, but not outstanding. Restaurant is starting to get a bit dated. Service was ok, but not outstanding.
- Good food, noisy environmentvisitor1963Dined on 7/16/2014Bit more than energetic noise levels. Great food in the Mancy tradition but the vibe is definitely more noisy than quiet. If you are looking for a quiet reflective restaurant, Mancy's other options are more appropriate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/8/2014My husband ordered the Walleye, and it was barely warm when served. The salmon appetizer (ordered by my brother-in-law) was disappointing - salmon was "shredded". The other 4 dishes were good. Salads were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eveningoutDined on 7/6/2014Food was excellent and they were very helpful of special request for no salt preparation. Service was very friendly and efficient. Enjoyed our visit and will likely return.Special Features:
- A big disappointment01seafoodloverVIPDined on 7/5/2014Bluewater Grill used to be one if our favorite go to places for mtgs, special occasions, bring out if towners. Food quality, service has gone way down hill. Won't go back after being regular customers for more than 10 years..,Special Features:
- Fave seafood in NW OhiosanibeljacDined on 6/29/2014If you enjoy the seafood at your local Bonefish Grill outlet and are in the Toledo area, where no Bonefish exists (so far), try this restaurant. The fish and shellfish dishes are as good as Bonefish, and the steaks are better than that. Service is efficient if not particularly friendly. We heard a neighboring table ask to see the chef to compliment him on their excellent wild sockeye salmon dish. Our party of four ordered all different dishes. I had the scallops and my sister had the shrimp. Both "simply grilled." Both simply delicious. The two guys tried the filet mignon and the Delmonico steak. Good reviews for both. Salads are just so-so, but the Manhattan clam chowder was very good. Like that reservations are accepted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as AlwaysJodiclDined on 6/27/2014We are never disappointed with Bluewater Grille. The food is fabulous (best crab legs in Toledo area), the service is personable and professional. Our party of 8 was seated quickly and all of our needs and wants were met in a timely fashion. Whether you are looking to impress a date, wish to celebrate with your family, or just want a well-prepared seafood meal, this is the place you want to be. Bon Apetit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coast Quality Seafood in Midwestluv2dine41Dined on 6/27/2014The seafood compares favorably with what you would find along Chesapeake Bay, Puget Sound, or the Gulf Coast. Quality fresh ingredients, prepared by a kitchen that knows how to handle seafood, and served by a wait staff that is there when they need to be without hovering - what more could you ask for? The pretzel encrusted walleye is worth making a trip for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Water Grille: Recommendation2deweysDined on 6/14/2014The entrees we selected were delicious, perfectly prepared. The salmon was cooked exactly as requested--slightly rare. The waitress and cocktail waitress at bar were friendly, helpful. Overall, we, once again, enjoyed our dining at Blue Water Grille. Each time we come, we remember why we've again chosen this restaurant for a special occasion--this time our 45th anniversary. Thank you.Special Features:
- Well doneIreviewhotspotsDined on 6/14/2014The food was ready as quick as possible , I got my steak medium well and that was how it was served. Fine dining at its best. The employe's seemed proud to work at this mancys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood and celebration venueimakereservationsDined on 6/14/2014This is a very nice restaurant with a delicious menu. Both the steaks and seafood entrees that we ordered were perfectly prepared and very tasty! The serving sizes were generous as well. We particularly enjoyed the shrimp cocktail - nice, big shrimp. not overcooked and chilled to perfection. The green goddess salad dressing was a nice change from the standard ranch, french, blue cheese, etc. While the prices were a bit on the high side, the appeal of the meal was worth the price!Special Features:
- jdeatswellDined on 6/14/2014My wife & I celebrated our 34th anniversary at Bluewater Grille. We have been there several times for special occasions and really enjoy it.Special Features:
- Nice placeFoodfunDined on 6/13/2014Me and my girlfriend"s bday was on the day of our visit and they treated us wonderfully , good food and drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.