Mancini Modern Italian
401 E. Las Olas Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301Neighborhood:
Contemporary ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Mancini Modern Italian
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mancinilasolas.com/
- Phone: 7542008602
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Mediterranean, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our Private dining would be a buy out of the interior restaurant that seats up to 100.
- Private Party Contact: Jack Mancini 7542008602
- Entertainment: Thursday Ladies night entertainment, keyboard vocalist. Friday and Saturday late night DJ.
A word from Mancini Modern Italian
Mancini Modern Italian (formerly Mancini's)has arrived! An Icon on Las Olas for more than a decade, Jack Mancini's highly anticipated return to the downtown Fort Lauderdale culinary scene has arrived with the Launch of Mancini Modern Italian , a contemporary Italian restaurant. The new Mancini stands out for its moderately priced hand-crafted pastas, Neapolitan wood burning oven, crudo bar and table side hand pulled mozzarella service as well as locally sourced seafood, meats, produce and homemade desserts. Executive Chef Claudio Sandri from the original Mancin's is a native of Torino, Italy and has 30 years of culinary experience in Italy, and the U.S. He has competed on Iron Chef with Celebrity Chef Roberto Donna where he reigned supreme against Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto. Open for Lunch and Dinner (Closed Sundays) Mancini is 168 seat "chic" but warmly designed upscale restaurant. Artfully plated new modern twists on Italian dishes with fresh and new ingredients are the theme.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mancini Modern Italian reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good food not good serviceTimothyDined on 4/23/2014I took 2 of my Administrative Assistants to lunch at Mancini's and although the food was very good the service was horrible. We sat outside to enjoy the weather. The waiter came took our drink orders and told us about the specials then gave us a moment. He then came back and said they did not have the special it would be substituted with something else. This is at the noon. If you don't have something don't put it on your board as your special or tell your customers about it. It took forever for him to come take our order, then bring our bread, then bring our food, etc. He kept apologizing saying they had a full dining room. It was not full by any means. Will not be going back anytime soon.Special Features:
- An oasis just off Las OlasCurleeloxDined on 3/19/2014Mancini's Modern Italian is in an area with a number of restaurants that cater to young crowds, with big bars, loud music and people spilling onto the street. Mancini's is just off the main drag, a sophisticated, yet casual restaurant with great food and service, as well as a music level that allows it patrons to have a normal conversation. The pastas are homemade, the seafood is cooked perfectly (as is everything) and there is great attention to detail. The menu is extremely interesting, not just a repeat of other area restaurants. This was our second time here in two weeks. I wish we had time for a third!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The old Mancini restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/14/2014The old Mancini restaurant was great. This one is very poor. We will not go back.
- Major disappointment!Elf13Dined on 2/26/2014We booked a table for 3 for 7:30 on Thursday, February 27. When we arrived for our reservation there was a special event going on. It looked as if there was a company event going on. We could find no one to talk to about our reservation and the noise level was extremely high. We left and ate dinner somewhere else. A disappointment. I could not comment on the food as we did not eat any.
- Magical Night At Mancini'sVanderPoolDined on 2/21/2014I made reservations for two @6:30pm. We arrived maybe 20 minutes early and got a booth seat. We ordered drinks & appetizers which were spot-on. Are entrees came and the food was delicious. The staff & chef really took good care of us that night. That was the same day I proposed to my fiancé and she said YES!!! Our dinner at Mancini's was the ultimate "cherry on top" for that day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing special prices highMIMIDined on 2/18/2014nothing special prices high for average food & slow service
- DANGER STAY AWAY!!!!JohnZVIPDined on 2/14/2014I should have read other reviews rather than looking at the menu when I made reservations. It it POSITIVELY true this restaurant has the worse service I ever been to and I eat out 5 days a week because of business. Our table wasn't ready which happans , rather than wait we sat at an outside table. It took 30 minutes to get water and another 30 minutes to get a drink after 1 hour 15 minutes and we havent ordered yet and other tables next to us in similiar situation only there longer than us, so we left money on table for 2 drinks and left. TRUST ME DO NOT GO HERE, read all the other reviews that same similiar.
- unorganizedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014I expected that it was going to be busy on Valentines Day but I thought we still could have a decent enjoyable meal. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. I could overlook over everything but the most important thing to me is to have relaxing time and enjoy a gourmet meal. What actually really made me upset and ruined the entire dining experienced was that when the food was brought at our table they only brought a plate for my wife and told me that they don't have my selection and that I should select another dinner option. why would they wait to tell me that, this is absolutely ridiculous and inexcusable.
- Sat there for 25 minutes, ignoredLarryndeeVIPDined on 2/14/2014It was Valentines day. They knew they were full but they didn't plan ahead. We asked 3 times for our waiter until we raised such a fuss the manager finally came over. He had passed our table numerous times. Bought us a drink, but not worth the wait or aggravation.
- Closed. Why is it listed?Drea1292Dined on 2/8/2014I had to rate everything as poor because IT WASNT OPEN!!! Why would I be able to make a reservation for that isn't open. You should update your systemSpecial Features:
- Mancini's now off of Las OlasLindaVIPDined on 1/25/2014For years I frequented Mancini's at its old 1017 Las Olas address in the middle of the action of Las Olas. It was terrific then, and it is terrific now. I had no idea that they reopened at 401 East. In a word, excellent. It is tucked away and so you need to walk about 100 feet off the beaten track. Rest assured, still the same original homemade pasta dishes. Their new address is keeping them a bit of a secret gem. Reviews of them as a three star, due to a NY's Eve table ought be overlooked, afterall what foodie goes out on NYE expecting miracles? If you venture out on NYE for dinner, to quote Mom - "you get - what you get, and you don't get upset!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- little slow but worth another tryslickDined on 1/17/2014Service was slow because the kitchen was backed up but the food was good and the owner was onsite and offered us a complimentaryround of drinks or desset for the delay. I would give them amother try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Went here on New Year's Eve for a family dinner of party of 5. They were not prepared to handle the customers. Waited over 30 minutes to place drink order and then another 15 minutes to place dinner order. When food finally arrived it was sporadically. Ordered salads that were never given and wine that was never poured again after initial corking. Food was overpriced for what you received. If you are going to Las Olas area don't waste your money here.
- So Dissappointing.disappointedDined on 12/31/2013We went to Mancini's for New Year's Eve - we had really liked the old Mancini's and were disappointed when it closed several years ago. Even though we read mediocre reviews we decided to check it for ourselves. The food quality was so average or below average - very disappointing. Even if it hadn't been expensive (which it was) we would not have been happy. It took us quite a while the get our food even though the restaurant was not full. I had the Branzini and it was tasteless! My partner had pasta which he said was not good either. They need help!!!! New management, new chef????
- Fire the a amateur cook!AwfulVIPDined on 12/6/2013Pathetic unprofessional behavior from kitchen staff.
- The music was loud. Food washershey1Dined on 12/5/2013The music was loud. Food was ok not something I would come back to.
- Solid Meal but flashing lights?sagesqVIPDined on 11/22/2013Mancini's suffers a bit of an identity crisis. Is it a top notch restaurant? Is it a bar with flashing colored lights? Is it geared toward the Vibe/Yolo party crowd with an outdoor bar? The food was above average, well made, and the service was friendly and responsive. The table side mozzarella was both fun to watch and tasty to eat. The salad we ordered had too much dressing, but the ingredients were high quality. I enjoyed the meat sauce pasta; my wife didn't. Mussels were excellent; perfectly cooked in a tasty broth. I'm rating it very good overall, as my experience fits that category.. Try it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st VisitScottviewDined on 10/30/2013Have been meaning to try and wasn't disappointed for dinner. Plenty to choose from on menu including pizza and plenty for foodies. Waiter had good line that all the food is good, what you need to be wary of is the service. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are over it!1ReservationFanVIPDined on 10/28/2013We left Mancini's when we arrived for our reservation to a packed house! Not only was the noisy private business function in nearly every inch of this tiny place, they had a photographer in tow. The hostess merely shrugged when we asked where we were expected to sit then offered a curbside table which was windy and not what we had in mind. This is Mancini's third location in recent years and two too many in our opinion. Had management given us a call, which was clearly an option given our reservation, we would have opted for another night. They did not! So, not only were we inconvenienced but so were DC friends meeting us. We are over Mancini's! Too many other great more hospitable options in the neighborhood.
- Not ImpressedDeliciousVIPDined on 10/25/2013Having walked by Mancini's several times during lunch hours, I decided to check it out. Ordered a ceasar salad and a pizza (lunch). The salad came out rather quickly, but the dressing was very watery. The pizza took forever to come out. When it finally arrived, it was not hot and was just average. Nothing special. At the end of my dining experience I was told that the credit card machines were down so they had to manually write down my credit card number. Overall, not impressed. Maybe dinner would be a little better, but how hard is it to screw up a simple pizza?
- Off the beaten path, but goodRobbVIPDined on 10/19/2013Food was good, but there was a larger party there, which really negatively impacted our service, and therefore overall experience. It's a small place, but waiter never took our drink order nor food order w/o being asked. Then the orders were wrong. I think they needed a bit more competent waitstaff. Have been here previously, and will give them benefit of the doubt and try again. Off the main drag, but probably worth you giving them a try.Special Features:
- poor waiter servicesNevertoreturnDined on 10/18/2013lunch was not served complete. Waiter forgot side dishes.
- Welcome ReturnLadyluvseafoodDined on 9/21/2013Mancini's is back with Great Food, Service & Style. The food was excellent linguini with seafood was excellent. Will make Mancini's a regular dining spot the food, service and the decore should make this a popular dining spot for everyone from Palm Beach to Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant ExperienceIraBfromCSGVIPDined on 8/17/2013Thanks to a Living Social discount, my wife and I visited Mancini Modern Italian. To be candid, had it not been for the deal website, we probably never would have known about this beautiful restaurant. The location is on a side street just off Las Olas Boulevard (we actually had to call for directions as we approached, since it somewhat hidden away). Thankfully we found the place, since it was a great meal and a wonderful experience. We were quickly welcomed by both our waiter and (who I believe to be) the owner on a Saturday night...Nice touch. The waiter recommended a high quality eggplant appetizer and a few entree specials which we enjoyed. Dessert was delicious and well portioned as well. Overall, a pleasurable date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very unimpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/10/2013Our evening started off badly right away. The bottle of red wine we ordered was HOT. It had to have been sitting in a box in the sunlight for the temperature to have been so hot. They didn't offer to bring a new bottle. Instead, they put it in a bucket of ice for about 30 minutes. Our waiter brought us the wrong appetizer. A beet salad that was ordered was never delivered. One of the entrees, the Osso Bucco, was inedible. Three of the entrees were okay...nothing special. The only entree that was good were the scallops. But, hardly worth the high price....they were four scallops the size of a quarter each in the corners of a square plate. We wont be returning to Mancini's which is a shame since its a hip looking place.
- Delicious food & fabulous service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2013We were greeted with a yummy tuna crudo from the chef! We also enjoyed some perfectly crisp calamari with fresh marinara sauce, fresh perfectly cooked garganelli pasta, and perfectly cooked scallops with a fantastic parsnip purée. The portions were generous and the wine list was great! We also noticed that they have a great bar that is open to the outside for people to walk up to. We were also blown away by the service! All of the staff was very warm, friendly and accommodating. My dad wanted a special order off the menu and they made it happen with no trouble--and it was delicious. This is classic Italian with a modern twist. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very well doneOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/6/2013Great, unusual menu with a fresh take on Italian. The service was amazing and the restaurant was hip and modern. It's a shame it was so empty on a Saturday evening. More people need to find out about this hidden gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed restaurant and dinner.MissLegalDined on 7/6/2013Enjoyed restaurant and dinner. New location nice. Have been to previous location. Food excellent. Service very at tentativeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A few flaws, but nice findRobbVIPDined on 6/15/2013Oberall the experience and the Food were very good. The waiter was extremely attentive, especially when they forgot the pancetta on my scallops with pancetta. Have the table side mozzarella. Very good. Desserts were disappointing. Amaretti cake hard as a rock. Hazelnut gelato tasteless and full of ice pieces. Was very surprised that the restaurant was so empty on a Saturday night. Due to location? Don't know, but even with its flaws, I'd return.Special Features:
- This is a difficult reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/8/2013This is a difficult review to write. Having gone to the old Mancini's many time I was a little disappointed. The food was great and so was the service. I guess the atmosphire was a little to YOLO for us. I liked the intamacy of th old place. Again the food and service was great especially the pulled mozzarella. I miss the atomosphere of the old place. It just seemed a little cold. May give it another chance.Special Features: