Mamma Tanino's Ristorante
500 W. Napa Street
Sonoma, CA 95476Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Mamma Tanino's Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://mammataninos.com/
- Phone: 7079338826
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Gaetano Patrinostro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Chef Gaetano Patrinostro can create a custom menu for your event based on your budget and theme. His culinary training includes Italian, French, Spanish, Mediterranean, and Californian/American cuisine.
- Private Party Facilities: The Broderick Room can accommodate up to 20 people and is the back dining room.
For a buyout we can accommodate up to 50 people inside with a nice size patio for reception.
- Private Party Contact: Kimberley Patrinostro 7079338826
- Entertainment: We offer group cooking classes in which you and your group can choose the menu or have the chef put one together based on skill level.
For current events see web site.
A word from Mamma Tanino's Ristorante
Four blocks west of "The Square' tucked in the Sonoma Valley Center, Italian born chef, Gaetano Patrinostro uses a combination of the freshest local products and Italian imports to prepare authentic Italian cuisine. His pasta sauces are based on the region of origin, seafood and steaks are cooked to perfection and the desserts are not to be missed. Mamma Tanino's is an off The Square locals favorite and the at home feeling makes out of towners love this place.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Mamma Tanino's Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Sonoma ›
Mamma Tanino's Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (54)fit for foodies (30)kid-friendly (12)special occasion (8)good for groups (5)notable wine list (3)romantic (3)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- YUMOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Always great. esp the mushroom and polenta as a starter. Staff is on top of it.Special Features:
- Always satisfying!AranellaVIPDined on 8/8/2014The food and service are consistently excellent. The location is "tucked away" and, while everything possible has been done to make the space comfortable and inviting it is part of a shopping center so not "lovely" . That being said, we know if Mama Tanino's was on The Square impromptu dinners would be a memory...Special Features:
- Yummy and great service!dzpell3Dined on 8/5/2014We went here with 2 couples and had a great time. We were served by the wife of the chef and she was amazing and very personable. The food was great! The wine was perfect and when we wanted another bottle she graciously showed us that there was a shopping mart in the shopping center where we could buy it. Since it's in a strip center the scenery isn't fabulous but the food makes up for it. We were able to sit at the table outside and enjoy the night time weather. It sounded pretty loud inside but I can't be 100% sure since we were able to sit outside.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Always most enjoyable and delicious meals. It is the place we bring our guests who are visiting Sonoma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious ItalianFeliciaDined on 7/29/2014Very friendly ambiance, great pasta dishes warm welcome! The only negative is that it is located in a strip mall next to Sonoma Market - off the bustle of the main square. The offset is that you get a tasty meal at a good price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014Really great food! It's always really good! A great choice!Special Features:
- Another excellent mealBarbaratynanDined on 7/25/2014We have eaten here several times since it opened and it never fails to please us. If the chef has fresh Petrale sole on the menu, do not pass it up.Special Features:
- A Greatb FindhfiersDined on 7/16/2014Food:5 star, real chef Italian (not an Olive Garden); good portions; homemade canolli! Service: 5 star, family owned (chef's wife served us along with waitress) Ambience: quaint small Italian styled ristorante; nicely decorated. Found Mama's on TripAdvisor and Open Table while visiting Sonoma. Definitelyworth a trip to. Would return again if in area.Special Features:
- Mamma MiaBrunoDined on 7/10/2014Excellent dinner and so authentic Italian cuisine.Special Features:
- Best in Sonoma!BornAtLunchtimeDined on 7/9/2014Classic Continental Cuisine.....the Gnocchi melted like butter with lovely sauce.......Filet of Sole highest quality with delicate sauce....Truly Outstanding!!Special Features:
- Specials a dealSonomaJayDined on 7/8/2014Food good but not great $15 early specials a deal, else pricier than should be
- Birthday Embarassmentfoodieuf4VIPDined on 7/5/2014I booked this restaurant for my sister's 50th birthday. We were coming in from out of town. I was embarrassed by it ambiance. It started outside. We couldn't find the entrance door. We walked in and thought it was the exit only find out it was the entrance. The sagging draperies, old wood tables and chairs did not add to it. The food was okay. My husband literally, had 3 scallop potatoes on his plate. We believe the kitchen was trying to stretch the potatoes to make it through the night. They were out of egg plant parmesan and several desserts. Took forever for our food to come after we ordered. -Over an hour! It was also very loud in the restaurant. Server was rude and curt, like we were annoying her for being there.
- FantasticKnoctiDined on 7/5/2014Absolutely fantastic. Pasta bolognese was to die for!! Just excellent.
- Terrible ServersOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/5/2014This is the second time we dined here. We had a similar experience the first time but this time it was totally unacceptable. We brought our Son and Wife. The server from the start was loud and pushy. They were very rough putting all the plates on the table and cramming things together. We had to ask for forks, three separate times, as they took them away with every course and they had real attitude when we asked them to bring them back. We waited at least 20-30 minutes for our main course to arrive. We are locals and love to support our restaurants. I hope they make some big changes with the servers and the food needs some improvement too!
- It doesn't get better than thisOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/24/2014Mamma Taninos is the real deal. Great, authentic Italian food from an incredible chef, Gaitano. His eggplant parmigiano has no equal. It's melt in your mouth good. We've never had a bad dish at Mamma's and consider it our go-to restaurant in Sonoma. This husband/wife team is a great asset to Sonoma dining.Special Features:
- Best Secret In SonomaBigfoodogVIPDined on 6/21/2014small, family business with authentic Italian food!Special Features:
- Small restaurant, big flavors.AfoodieDined on 6/14/2014We went here with a group of eight before the theatre. Very accommodating; our server was great. I ordered one of the specials, Petrale Sole which was perfectly cooked in a sage butter sauce! My husband had the eggplant parmigiana which was delicious. We shared the fried mozzarella with another couple and it was amazing. All around, a good experience.Special Features:
- What a FindOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/11/2014We stumbled onto Mama Tanino's on a trip to the California wine country and couldn't have been luckier. The food was amazing, service excellent and setting very comfortable. We'll be here a week and I'm sure will return.Special Features:
- Fabulous Food every time!PastajunkieDined on 6/7/2014We are never disappointed when we dine here. The food is always fresh, always delicious, and we love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little find, must try!FooooDDined on 6/3/2014Wonderful place. You know it's great food when the owners are actually cooking the food and running the front of the house. Seared balsamic scallops with arugula were amazing....sea bass dinner special was perfect. My hubby had the 3 cheese tortellini special and it was one of the best we've ever had. Service was attentive and friendly. Made my husbands birthday special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never failsRaymondDined on 5/30/2014Mama Tanino's continues to be a really good neighborhood restaurant. The food is extremely well prepared, and you are always made to feel at home.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/24/2014Excellent neighborhood gem-- wonderful staff and equally as great food. A must try while in Sonoma.Special Features:
- mamma TaninosOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/24/2014We enjoyed our anniversary evening at Mamma Tanino's. Nice local spot in a strip mall, good food and wine. however crowded and a bit noisy. There was a slight problem in the kitchen with my appetizer....wait staff should have informed us sooner. We had to wait quite a while between courses. They did comp us at the end of the evening.Special Features:
- A MUST IN SONOMAMuschiDined on 5/21/2014If you are looking for a meal that tastes like it just came out of your Italian mom's kitchen, you just have to try Mamma Tanino's in Sonoma. An unpretentious restaurant tucked away in a strip mall - with a welcoming, friendly and very helpful staff. My husband and I shared the Eggplant Parmesano and the Veal Milanese, accompanied with a glass of the lovely house red, a primitivo. Our meal was simply delicious. Can't wait to go back! Thank you Kimberly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local diveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Food was the best! They even had delicious homemade gluten free pasta. Call ahead if you need the gluten free pasta - it takes 45 minutes to cook!Special Features:
- Classic Sonoma DiningPhilFromSonomaVIPDined on 5/17/2014I very rarely give out 5 stars, saving that for the very best experiences, but Mamma Tanino's came close. Say 4.5. Everything we had was great; salads, entrees and desserts. Friendly Sonoma style service. Prices are reasonable for the quality. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lasagnaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2014In a strip mall away from the Swuate, is a good for for Italian. If you are lucky, their meat lasagna is in the menu the night you visit. Reservations a must. We fined at 6:30 and had to wait a bit with reservations. Every table was full. Beer and wines were good. Very busy so service was slower, but our server knew the menu well and was helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!MinnesotaDined on 5/17/2014While the restaurant itself might not look like much, the food is really outstanding. We each had something different on the menu, and all the items were delightful, particulary the egg plant. The service was good/attentive. The only minor downside was that we ate early and the risotta was not ready, which was kind of a drag, but what can you do. I'd still recommend this restaurant to others...and it was reasonably priced, we thought.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnbelivableCalanda1Dined on 5/16/2014I don't usually review restaurants but this is exeptional. Best Italian food we had in USA - by farSpecial Features:
- WE WANTED TO LOVE THIS PLACE . . .FoodiesGaloreVIPDined on 5/16/2014Being half Italian, I'm always on the look out for a GREAT Italian restaurant. We recently returned from Italy, spending time in Lake Como and Parma on a food escapade (that may have been part of the problem!) We've read numerous reviews here at Open Table on this restaurant and couldn't wait to finally try it. Yes (as many others have stated) the service was great and yes, it's located in the corner of a small shopping center in the town of Sonoma. Not a problem for us, as it's all about the food. Unfortunately the food fell flat and was just OK. The prices were high, considering the location, lack of any ambience and just OK food. Being only 25 minutes to Napa, you're at Don Giovanni's for the entire package, at about the same price !!!
- Great Find!2experienceddinersDined on 5/15/2014We live part time in the area and have the opportunity to eat at the many fine restaurants this part of CA offers. We were looking for a special restaurant where we had not been before. Having decided to go into SF for the evening, but not wanting to make the drive we searched a little harder on the internet to find something with a high star rating that would be new for us. Found your restaurant reviews and since they seemed to be favorable we made Mamma Tanino's our choice. What a wonderful decision this was for us! All the courses were absolutely delicious, the service was impeccable, and it appeared there were a lot of locals (this tells us a lot) who also frequent this "hidden away" gem. We will recommend you and be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home cooking at its very best!LocalFussyFoodieFamilyVIPDined on 5/10/2014Always crowded on weekends so reserve and still may have to wait. But is family run and they CARE to make it work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy to forget how good this isBayAreaNativeVIPDined on 5/10/2014Because Mamma Tanino's is stuck in the corner of a strip mall 5 blocks from Sonoma Square, it's easy to forget how authentic the food is here. We have been 4 times now and each time have come away very satisfied. We had three seafood dishes (pescatore combo over pasta and filet of sole) and the preparations were excellent, authentically Italian, and generously portioned. Service is very personal and attentive. Tables maybe slightly close together but that fits the atmosphere. Wine list focused on approachable, affordable but terrific Italian varietals. Excellent homemade desserts and very good espresso drinks. Will absolutely return.Special Features:
- Treated like familyWiscmeawayDined on 5/9/2014Our "fill in" server was a friend of the owner. She was soooo amazing. We just put ourselves in her hands and she did not disappoint. Food was delicious and a nice break from all the "California cuisine". Only negative was exterior building lights that came on and blazed through the windows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Food!MrsParkerDined on 5/9/2014Always so happy to find a restaurant where food meets or exceeds our expectations and Mamma Tanino's did just that. The service was great and the food, oh my gosh..... wonderful, yummy, absolutely the best Italian restaurant in our neighborhood and we have plenty to choose from.Special Features:
- GourmecVIPDined on 5/8/2014Superb meal as always! No Italian restaurant like it in the North Bay!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Mamma'smkc1VIPDined on 5/8/2014Good Italian food made with fresh food. Desserts to die for;-) So hard to make a decision.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian food!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/6/2014Loved the food, and the chef/owner and his wife went above and beyond the call, but this is a case where one bad apple can spoil the entire experience. Not sure if she was a hostess or busser, but she dropped the ball several times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian !!!SonomaFoodiesVIPDined on 5/1/2014Great tasting food ! Go there to eat, not to enjoy the ambiance (OK, but nothing special considering this is Sonoma).Special Features:
- The following 224 reviews are from the Mamma Tanino's Ristorante reviews archive.
- Favorite Restaurant in SonomaOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/25/2014Moved to Sonome in October and we've trying all of the 'big name' restaurants in town. Mama Tanino's continues to be our absolute favorites! Their eggplant parmigiana is simply incredible!Special Features: