Mamma Tanino's Ristorante
500 W. Napa Street
Sonoma, CA 95476Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Mamma Tanino's Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://mammataninos.com/
- Phone: (707) 933-8826
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Gaetano Patrinostro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Chef Gaetano Patrinostro can create a custom menu for your event based on your budget and theme. His culinary training includes Italian, French, Spanish, Mediterranean, and Californian/American cuisine.
- Private Party Facilities: The Broderick Room can accommodate up to 20 people and is the back dining room.
For a buyout we can accommodate up to 50 people inside with a nice size patio for reception.
- Private Party Contact: Kimberley Patrinostro 7079338826
- Entertainment: We offer group cooking classes in which you and your group can choose the menu or have the chef put one together based on skill level.
For current events see web site.
A word from Mamma Tanino's Ristorante
Four blocks west of "The Square' tucked in the Sonoma Valley Center, Italian born chef, Gaetano Patrinostro uses a combination of the freshest local products and Italian imports to prepare authentic Italian cuisine. His pasta sauces are based on the region of origin, seafood and steaks are cooked to perfection and the desserts are not to be missed. Mamma Tanino's is an off The Square locals favorite and the at home feeling makes out of towners love this place.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Mamma Tanino's Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Sonoma ›
Mamma Tanino's Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (53)fit for foodies (31)special occasion (11)kid-friendly (6)good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (4)romantic (4)hot spot (3)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- WCGeorgeDined on 2/15/2014Try to avoid the table in the back room which is next to the entrance to the restrooms. Despite the seating being very closely packed together, the only thing which kept it from being a very enjoyable evening was the traffic in and out of the restroom. This can be at the least distracting and at the worst annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a beautiful experienceBigfoodogVIPDined on 2/14/2014We have been coming here since they opened and have never been disappointed . The veal pram is wonderful and the bucatini with meat sauce can't be beat, This is truly a local gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic and Good ItalianDonLDined on 2/12/2014Delicate touch on all dishes; superb food and very pleasant service. An excellent choice.
- MAMA T'SOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2014I HAD POSITIVELY THE BEST DUNGENESS CRAB RISOTTO OF MY LIFE ....BAR -NONE ...AND I LIVE IN A 5 STAR WINE /FOOD TOWN.........GAETANO IS A MASTER CHEF......AND HIS WIFE KIM, A GRACIOUS ,WARM AND LOVING COMPLIMENT TO THIS NEIGHBOR HOOD EATERY ......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't let the location deter youGregVIPDined on 1/25/2014This place is a gem located on a shopping mall. Outstanding authentic Italian food. While the menu is not extensive, the night we dined there were many exciting and creative specials offered. My wife and I both had the Crab Risotto and it was outstanding. Very rich and flavorful. My brother-in-law had the lamb shank and it was also outstanding. The wine list offers a nice variety at each price point and our waitress helped guided us to a good choice. Seating is limited so make a reservation to ensure you get the opportunity to enjoy at evening at Mama Tanino's. And save room for the dessert!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like you are in ItalyAaronFVIPDined on 1/21/2014Very simply, the food here is fantastic. The service matches the food. When you get each course of your meal, it tastes as if it has been prepared with love in an Italian mother's kitchen, now run by her son. We started our meal with polenta with truffle oil and mushrooms. It was light, airy, and INCREDIBLE! I don't think I have ever had polenta that was this amazing, even IN Italy. For dinner I had the fettucini contadina, and it was very fresh and delicious. My wife had chicken marsala, which was also fresh and delicious. This restaurant is not well know, but it should be. The food is spectacular and the owners are wonderful. The overall experience is excellent and the prices are reasonable. A great find. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very small but food is excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 1/18/2014Very small but food is excellent! No bar just wine! Noise is "energetic" because of size, your close to everyone!!!Special Features:
- Always goodJetteDined on 1/18/2014Mamma Tanino's is always good. Whenever we want good, friendly service (when don't you), good home cooking at a reasonable price, good environment. Kim and her husband do a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonable Italian in SonomaTraderkosDined on 1/11/2014I picked this b/c it was top rated in Open Table and also similarly rated in other services. The prices were quite reasonable. Food was great, portions were generous. I had the Spaghetti Carbonara and the Pancetta was overflowing. Service was OK. The restaurant is quite small and cramped. We had a good table but there are a lot that are in bad spots, like the one near the front entrance. Since it's so small and packed with people, it is also quite noisy and distracting b/c you're so close to the conversations next to you.Special Features:
- Mamma'smkc1VIPDined on 1/11/2014We have eaten here many times. When it is possible we take visitors there. The chef and his wife are very nice. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemImStarvingDined on 12/28/2013Great dinner as always! The service and food is consistently good. The owners are extremely nice and very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemIonaVIPDined on 12/27/2013Tucked away in a nondescript shopping center, Mama Tanino's is a hidden gem fit for any foodie that enjoys flavorful fare with home cooked appeal. The setting is simple, but the food is anything but. If you're looking for a delicious meal with extraordinary specials, this is the place. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Outstanding food (Caesar salad,LeftCoasterDined on 12/21/2013Outstanding food (Caesar salad, a veggie pasta, and Katarina's Vitellina) . Prodigious quantities. Regrettably, no room for dessert. If you are in the Sonoma area, GO THERE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Family Run Italian RestaurantYummyDined on 12/14/2013We have eaten here twice and the food is so good! They have gluten free pasta that makes it even more special for my wife! Reservations are strongly recommended as this restaurant is a local gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always remember usOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/12/2013we've come here for the last three years for my man's birthday, and they remember us every time. They are sweet, personable and the food gets better every time we come. We shared the caesar, the pear salad, the ravioli special and the veal parmesan, and they were all so yummy. The tiramisu for dessert was melt in your mouth awesome too. Thank you MT for always making us feel specialSpecial Features:
- Yum...mkc1VIPDined on 12/5/2013Mamma Tanini's is always wonderful. A small, family run spot, with excellent Italian food. The wait people are friendly and helpful. Like eating at a friend's house.Special Features:
- Reliable Italian faregamesDined on 12/4/2013The chef provides consistently good regular menu items as well as many specials using seasonal ingredients. The service staff is attentive, helpful and friendly. A good value. I appreciate an accommodating corkage fee for Wine Country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Italian food in Sonoma!BradVIPDined on 12/3/2013Venture off the plaza to a family-run restaurant with the best Italian food in Sonoma!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden Gem in SonomaMVBillDined on 11/27/2013We visit this restaurant every Thanksgiving holiday. It is a family owned and operated restaurant. The chef is the husband and the wife runs the front. They are so warm and welcoming that you feel immediately like part of the family. Every year they go to Italy for new recipes and ideas. They are in the process of setting arrangements for cooking schools in Tuscany and Umbria. Hopefully by spring, we will be signing up. If you are in the town of Sonoma or near by you need to try Mamma Tanino'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can taste the passion!LovegoodfoodDined on 11/16/2013You can taste the passion! Excellent food - every dish we had (party of 4) was over the top delicious. Perfection... A must to go back again and again!Special Features:
- Italy in SonomamaryVIPDined on 11/16/2013I had an excellent dinner last week, and the Katerina Veal was one of the best veal dishes I've ever had. We'll be back oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good kitchensonomastanVIPDined on 11/16/2013Continues to deliver very good food, unfortunately the overall experience is only fair. A friendly neighborhood restaurant that lacks any refinement of service. Do try it for the food, but know the downside.
- Outstanding food! I've beenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/14/2013Outstanding food! I've been there several times and it's always been perfect! Best Italian food around, hands down!Special Features:
- Great foodPunkinDined on 11/2/2013We heard about this place from 2 locals and love Italian food. We found the atmosphere Pretty average, the service very good and the food excellent. I had veal scallopini and my husband Had the special, sea bass. They were equally delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Italian in small portionsSDNPDined on 10/26/2013We went on a busy Saturday. The servers were quite knowledgeable and friendly, but perhaps due to the volume of customers a bit slow to refill glasses or ask if we wanted more bread when the kitchen took a while to produce our plates. Portions are on the small size for the price, but everything we had was well executed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experiencemikeDined on 10/26/2013Food was very good, the service was quick and the staff friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodRaymondDined on 10/23/2013Mama Tanino's is consistently good. Kimberly is a delightful host, and the food remains constantly good.Special Features:
- Great Find!JalenDined on 10/5/2013As others have said, don't let the strip mall location fool you! The food was awesome. We have been to Italy on 4 occasions and we felt we were in Italy. The place is small and quaint with great service. Everything appeared homemade. The risotto special was outstanding. We went there for our mother's 70th bday celebration. They treated her well. Everyone was personable as if we were regulars. Would go back!!! Now go visit Mamma Tanino!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and nice ownersJROTVIPDined on 10/5/2013Had a fantastic meal with my wife and 3 young kids. At the end of the meal we asked the chef (his wife did to be fair) to fix us a warm Sabayon and it was exquisite. Really good dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't be fooled!mlh333Dined on 10/4/2013This was perhaps the best meal we had during a week of touring some of the best restaurants in Napa and Sonoma. Eggplant, Rissotto with Scallops... Fantastic. Great Italian wine list as well. The location is a bit hidden in a strip mall not far from the Sonoma town square. The owner and his wife are cooking and waiting. Just a great food experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too salty..TimmeeDined on 10/3/2013My friends liked their pasta and sea bass dishes. I ordered the seafood special with pasta in a white wine sauce. It was much too salty for my taste - both the pasta and the seafood/sauce were oversalted. The shrimp was cooked perfectly, not overdone, seemed fresh and had a nice texture. However the mussels were very small, and subsequently the meat was shriveled and overcooked (I would suggest eliminating the mussels unless they are larger whereby only a few would be necessary, and hopefully they would be plump and juicy.) The clams were a little larger but still overcooked. There were very small pieces (1/2 inch cubes) of swordfish. I would suggest fewer, but larger pieces. Needless to say I was very disappointed with my dish.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovegoodfoodDined on 9/28/2013never disappoint...consistant and always excellent food! Owners are caring and true hospitality professionals!Special Features:
- great Italian for great ItaliansItalianbyproxyDined on 9/25/2013We've been here a number of times, and Mamma Tanino's is always spot on in every way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't let the location fool youDavidCVIPDined on 9/20/2013This great place is tucked in a corner of a strip mall. The owners are ever present with great suggestions and the food choices and prep is superb. A must go if you are in wine country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find1forsonoamDined on 9/7/2013Came here for our 27th Wedding Anniversay and turned out to be a great choice. Great food, Great service and just a good place to just sit back and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Sonoma Find3a9t2pVIPDined on 9/3/2013You really must try this place! The owners who are the chef Guitano and wife Kim who makes sure all the guests are greeted personally and warmly are the type of owners that you really would love to have dinner with! The food is fantastic, all homemade in a tiny little kitchen that makes you feel at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sonoma ItalianFortyloveDined on 8/28/2013Don't be fooled by the strip mall location, this family run Italian is the real deal! The food is fresh and yummy and the cordiality is genuine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everybody was VERY happyBayAreaNativeVIPDined on 8/17/2013Tucked into a corner of a strip mall without the physical charm of other restaurants in the downtown Sonoma area, you would not think this place would deliver, but it really does. Calamari Fritti appetizer were some of the lightest and crispiest we've had anywhere. Seafood pasta, veal chop, and petrale sole were excellent and generously portioned. Wine list is relatively short but quite complete with both local and Italian wines, reasonably priced. Very classic Italian menu, everything nicely presented and prepared. Desserts were excellent, as were salads and a minestrone. Tables perhaps a little close together but that's nitpicking. Very accomodating servers. Would absolutely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Italian in SonomaknowsgoodfoodDined on 8/10/2013Mamma Tanino's is a family owned, authentic and excellent Italian restaurant (the chef is from Italy). He is fabulous and will even make dishes upon request with enough notice. From bread to dessert the food is top notch. It is our favorite restaurant for Italian from Sonoma on down to the Peninsula. The service is attentive and very generous. We were given complimentary Port at the end of our meal. They have a nice selection of Italian wines. I've thoroughly enjoyed all the soups, salads, pastas, main courses and desserts I've had there. I have been there about 4 times and always had a full course meal. I have never come away with a complaint except for being too full!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2013A real treat. Both the buccatini amatriciana and chicken marsala were delicious. Too bad there were no reservations too be had the next night because we would have loved to have returned before leaving town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.