Mamma Susanna's Ristorante Italiano
5487 Carlson Dr
Sacramento, CA 95819Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Mamma Susanna's Ristorante Italiano
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mammasusannas.com/
- Phone: 9164527465x
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday & Thursday 4:30pm - 8:30pm
Friday & Saturday 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Sunday 4:30pm - 8:00pm
Closed Monday and Tuesday for the summer
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Greg Shilin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Limited catering menu to local area for events.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private restaurant rental for lunch Tuesday - Sunday. $500 minimum purchase.
Call for more details
- Private Party Contact: John Vitto 916-860-8655x
A word from Mamma Susanna's Ristorante Italiano
Old World Italian Restaurant. We make traditional Italian dishes to order. Family owned and operated.Tucked away in the lovely River Park area of Sacramento, a little romantic Trattoria. Choose from favorites like Gnocchi Gorgonzola, Lasagna Bolognese, Fettuccini Milanese, Veal Marsala or Chicken Picatta to name just a few. Quiet, Romantic Atmosphere. Great food, Great service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Mamma Susanna's Ristorante Italiano - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Mamma Susanna's Ristorante Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (10)kid-friendly (7)good for groups (6)special occasion (5)romantic (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- DinnerforfourDined on 8/20/2014We were a group of 4 who had dinner at the restaurant last week. We found the food to be very, very good and the service very good also. For three of us, it was out first time in that restaurant. I liked the fact that is it not a chain restaurant and that it is a nice neighborhood establishment We were able to hear each other talk so that made the low noise level ideal! We will return again.Special Features:
- Sacramento ReviewerSacramentoReviewerVIPDined on 8/16/2014The portions were very large and of poor quality. The meatballs in the spaghetti were uneatable. Service was slow. I read previous reviews about this restaurant which seemed appealing, however our experience was not. I would not recommend this restaurant unless it was to someone who wanted a lot of food and did not care about the quality.
- Great foodGreenskipDined on 8/16/2014Had a craving for gnocchi and thought we would give this place a try. Excellent pasta in a Gorgonzola cream sauce. Will definitely tell our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Italian :)SashaVIPDined on 8/15/2014Nice neighborhood restaurant. We started with a few salads that were very fresh. Hubby had Ravioli Lobster Special, I enjoyed the Veal along with garlic cheese bread. Nice change from the restaurants in our neighborhood (Sierra Vista Oaks).I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElaynekswinerdinerDined on 8/3/2014Great little Italian restaurant. The server went out of his way to make up for the fact that they were out of eggplant and could not accommodate our orders for Eggplant Parmesan. Very friendly, aim-to-please service. Nice Italian ambiance. Great place for a quiet, Italian dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfiedDuckDined on 7/11/2014When you want great basic Italian Food at a very reasonable price and with extremely friendly service this is the place to go.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/10/2014This was our first time here - it had been recommended by a friend. Food was so good - I had the shrimp scampi - special of the night - and it was excellent - sauce was so good. My husband had the seafood linguine and thought it was also very good. Well prepared. The flute lemoncello was wonderful! Everyone was so nice and we definitely will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014Neighborhood dining at it's best!! I always look forward to my visits to Mamma Susanna's! Great food at a reasonable price. Go hungry! With great entrees and perfect portions you will not be when you leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/21/2014Have eaten here many times. Always great food and service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we found this placeRidgeMomDined on 6/21/2014I found Mamma Susanna's while looking for a place near downtown Sacramento for my husband and me to have dinner with my cousin and her boyfriend, who were visiting from out of town. The menu looked promising, and we were not disappointed. I had no trouble finding something to delight my vegetarian palate, and the rest of our party were very happy with their non-vegetarian choices as well. John, the owner, treated us like family, and the service was very attentive. The restaurant is not elegant, but the décor is quite charming. The servings are huge -- I had a half-order of pasta and took home enough for lunch the next day -- but try to leave room for dessert. The Flute Lemoncello is not to be missed! I will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/11/2014Our group of 8+ visit here every 3 months -- it's the best Italian food around . . . we love it and the service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- drmarvingVIPDined on 6/7/2014Extensive menu, we'll prepared and served. Friendly service, very accomodating. Portions were large and just enough garlic!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/7/2014Have eaten here many times. Always great food and service.Special Features:
- A FINE DINNERlilRoydieDined on 5/31/2014DINNER WAS WONDERFUL. SERVED HOT AND TASTY. SERVICE WAS GREAT NEVER WANTED FOR ANYTHING. WE HAD TIME TO VISIT WITH THE COUPLE WE BROUGHT TO DINNER AND NEVER FELT RUSHED...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2014The food was great. We had appetizers, salad and entrees, everything was delicious. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Italian comfort foodJamieBDined on 5/10/2014This is a great neighborhood Italian restaurant, reminiscent to this former New Englander of the red-checkered tablecloth places everywhere in CT and MA that we'd go to almost weekly. Great food, ENORMOUS portions. Come hungry.Special Features:
- The following 159 reviews are from the Mamma Susanna's Ristorante Italiano reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/27/2014A good meal in a local strip mall. This family restaurant delivers tasty Italian food with friendly service - and the portions are more than sufficient.Special Features:
- Great food, very friendlyLoriDined on 4/4/2014Restaurant was very accommodating for our large group. This is not an exceptionally large restaurant, so small groups are fine. I think this is really more of a regular size (5 or less) group restaurant. However, they really did a wonderful job of making is feel comfortable! Everyone agreed their food was some of the best we've had! My pesto gnocchi was delish! Despite our group of 14, the waitress made individual accommodations with humor and willingness. Just all around a wonderful birthday experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerPaddydDined on 3/28/2014This is a perfect place to share a special event with friends or family. The expansive menu has something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/26/2014Mamma Susanna's is one of my all time favorite places to eat in Sacramento! The food is awesome, the portions are ample, and the staff are warm and inviting. This neighborhood gem is without attitude and offers a great meal at a very reasonable price! I always look forward to the "next time." Try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ....perfectlilRoydieDined on 3/19/2014.... wonderful dinner, where able to spend time with our guests and not feel rushed. table was well served...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I always like Momma Suzannas...goodelleyDined on 3/7/2014I always like Momma Suzannas...good food, nice atmosphere, quiet neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014I always look forward to going to Mamma Susanna's!! Michelle was our waitress and she ROCKS!! She knows the menu inside and out and can offer small changes to individualize the menu options. All the waitstaff is awesome, but it was our pleasure to have Michelle take care of us on our last visit. If you want an awesome neighborhood dining experience with out attitude, you have to try this gem of a restuarant. I'm already looking forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sacramento Gem!JennyYDined on 2/21/2014Mamma Susanna's has become one of our favorite restaurants in Sacramento. You won't find better Italian food anywhere in the area! We got the lasagna, which is made fresh daily, and fettuccine alfredo this time. We have yet to find something on the menu we don't love!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian FoodDayoutDined on 2/16/2014Have eaten here several times and this was unfortunately not the best of the visits. Yes the food was good and that is normal for the restaurant, but the service was not up to par this night. We were seated promptly and given enough time to choose our meal. Our wait person delivered the meals sloppily and seemed to just drop the dishes on the table. We had to ask for the bread that went with the meal and again sort of just dropped it down. I have to think this was just a bad night, because normally we find everything very well done here. We will try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ExperienceDavidVIPDined on 2/15/2014Extremely poor service and food. Hopefully they were just having a bad night but we would never consider returning.
- Neighborhood GemFoodie1234Dined on 2/15/2014Great family run restaurant! Service, food quality and quantity very good. Wish it was closer to my home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service for valuvaluefaceDined on 2/14/2014On my many visits to Mama Susanna's Restorante Italiana, the food and service has always been consistent and extremely satisfying for both my wife and I. It's really nice to have a hidden gem in the River Park neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun with the family at Mamma'sLovetoeatDined on 2/8/2014Mamma's is casual, service friendly and helpful, the owner engaging, prices reasonable, and most importantly, the food was, as in previous years, quite good. I had the chicken marsala; every time I think I will order something different, I end up ordering the same item. Likewise, my husband ends up with the spaghetti carbonara. Our son and my sister-law liked the soup stratticella (sp). Our niece had the baked ziti and said it was really good.Our niece's boy friend ordered the New York steak with the marsala sauce; he thought it was very good as well. My daughter and her fiancé were disappointed to miss this dinner, so they are going to Mamma's for Valentine's Day! If you haven't eaten at Mamma's yet, give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Their first anniversary!teacherDined on 2/1/2014We helped celebrate the first year anniversary of the new owners and had a delicious meal in a wonderful setting. Balloons and cake made the anniversary special. The food was awesome as always, the service attentive, and quiet enough to have a conversation without yelling. Great neighborhood place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, friendly service,eat2muchDined on 2/1/2014Good food, friendly service, an all-around neighborhood asset!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FindCranberryDined on 1/26/2014The menu offered many appealing choices of Italian fare, and our party of four will definitely be back to sample further. One of our party, a vegetarian was pleased with the spaghetti laced with a variety of fresh vegetables.Special Features:
- Mamma's is great! AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/22/2014Mamma's is great! Awesome food, and a wonderful "neighborhood eatery" atmosphere. One of my favorite places to eat in the Sacramento Area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the extra mile...teacherDined on 1/3/2014We love this neighborhood restaurant! Recently, when we ate there, our service was rather slow but the food was excellent. We weren't in a hurry so it was not a problem. However, my husband left his hat on the table and we got a call later that they had it! How awesome is that!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Friendly StafflrjsactoDined on 1/3/2014Our dining club met here for the second time and we all had another quality experience. Good Italian food and a very friendly waiter. One of the owners even came over to our table to check on our experience and chat for a bit. My only suggestion is that they install some more subdued lighting in back. We felt like we were eating under bright lights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK for a neighborhood place,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/27/2013OK for a neighborhood place, but would not go out of my way to visit again. Decent Italian food, but nothing special.
- Just the right amount!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/19/2013My Aunt took me here for dinner and I was very pleased. I had the shrimp scampi which was very nice. The service was excellent and friendly. They serve a nice full plate without going overboard, which is great for folks who were raised to eat everything on their plate. :)) Mamma Susanna's is a great place to take the family, there is something for everyone on the menu. Mamma's is in River Park so unless someone tells you about it you would never hear of it. Check it out, I plan to return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday ambiancePaddydDined on 12/18/2013The holiday emphasis was appreciated. The veal dishes are wonderful.Special Features:
- Service was great as was food.JanetDined on 12/14/2013Service was great as was food. We enjoyed everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed this little neighborhoodFoodie1234Dined on 12/14/2013Enjoyed this little neighborhood gem. Recommend reservations on the weekends. Got there at 5:15, full at 5:45! Enjoyed their lasagna. Service was very friendly. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.