Mamma Mia Trattoria
45 Atlantic Ave
Long Branch, NJ 07740Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Mamma Mia Trattoria
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mammamiatrattorianj.net/
- Phone: 7322228403
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Massimo D'Amico
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Mamma Mia Trattoria is the perfect place to host your next private party. When planning an event, a member of our team will sit down with you to understand your needs and budget. Since everyone has different requirements, we work closely with you to craft a custom menu that fits your needs.
Our goal is to provide food prepared with the finest ingredients and to deliver an overall excellent experience for you and your guests. Since Mamma Mia Trattoria is a BYO establishment, Mamma Mia Trattoria staff will gladly serve any spirits that you supply for the event.
- Entertainment: Occasional singers, bands or performances.
A word from Mamma Mia Trattoria
Welcome to Mamma Mia Trattoria- Sicilian owned & operated, in Long Branch, New Jersey! We at Mamma Mia Trattoria like to think our restaurant is synonymous with a warm and inviting feeling. A table of gathering, where one shares more than just great food! It’s the time we reconnect, rejoice in abundance of quality foods, share our days, our thoughts, make plans, laugh at each other, and simply enjoy what’s so important in life: one another! It would not be a gathering in our home, if there weren’t family: this magical food experience shared among us all. So, welcome to our family! We hope to bring you not just a great meal, cooked with passion, but an experience fueled with vibrant Sicilian energy in a setting of a family~ The same way we do in our own homes. And let there be food!Continued
We hope you like what you see here, because we are quite confident you will love us once you dine at our restaurant. Our goal is to convey excellence in hospitality.
We hope you like what you see here, because we are quite confident you will love us once you dine at our restaurant. Our goal is to convey excellence in hospitality.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mamma Mia Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (13)fit for foodies (11)special occasion (9)scenic view (9)romantic (7)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- good food but slow deliveryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014We've been loyal customers since Mama Mia opened. Food is good, but the last 3 times we've gone it took forever to get our food. On one occasion the kitchen lost our ticket & food was delayed 1.5 hr. This past Sat we went and it took 45 mins between app and dinner showing. I think our patience is worn out. We won't be back for a period of time. It's a shame. The owner/chef and staff are really nice people, food is good, but they don't seem to have their timing down in the kitchen. It's embarrassing to take family/friends...and have to wait an hour before dinner shows up. I hope they read this review & take action.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/30/2014Specials were very expensive. Food was good. Service was slow.Special Features:
- good neighbohood spotPd077Dined on 8/22/2014Just let me say meal was excellent, service good but took along while for waiter to first come to table ,it is a BYOB. After waiter appeared he was attentive after that. Good timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/9/2014We arrived and were seated where we proceeded to be ignored for 15 minutes. No drink order taken, no water or bread delivered not so much as and acknowledgement by waitress or staff. My wife and I got up and went to the Maitre d' and told him this and that we were leaving because of it to which he apathetically said, "Oh. Sorry about that." Certainly not the correct response for that situation.
- Food not so goodNot2pickyVIPDined on 8/3/2014Menu was shabby. Chicken parm was awful; Branzino was fair with NY priceSpecial Features:
- wonderful all aroundpaytoeat19Dined on 8/1/2014this restaurant is great ! Have not been disappointed yet. This was our second time. I do have a complaint about the open table experience. I booked with open table on my phone it said it was confirmed but when we arrived at the restaurant they did not have our reservation. Fortunately we were able to get a table, however I am not sure if this error was mine, open table's or the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!!NaplesDined on 8/1/2014We were hoping to find a new local spot with good food and reasonable prices. One of our dinners was good, one was awful. Overpriced!! Appetizers should not cost $26!! Server was nice but never came to ask how dinner was. I would have sent mine baxk
- Great shore BYOOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/31/2014A very good Italian restaurant near Ocean Place Resort. Prices are reasonable and staff friendly. Did not order any specials as per other reviewers commentsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vretDined on 7/26/2014food was very good, but took forever to come and wait staff never came to explain why (apparently a glitch in their computer system). Also, the "specials" were very high priced for what you got and this area (higher than NY city). Would give it another try, but not the daily specials.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great entrees and homemade dessertsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/18/2014We had entree specials Fresh fish and pastas were great For dessert we shared : Loved the tira misu and lemon marscopone cake truly homemade!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced HalibutOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014One of the specials was halibut, it was over cooked and had no taste. When the check arrived and it was $38 for the halibut it tasted even worse. I now understand why at 7PM on Saturday night the place was empty. Stay away!!
- Glad for this rare findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Love the friendly hospitality. Love that the restaurant fixed the noise problem because it worked wonders. Enjoyed the ceasar salad. I will say it's one of the best dressings I have had.clams appetizer is great especially to dip bread in. Very tasty. We tried the halibut which was complimented by the sauce. Delicate and light. Nice touch. Finished great meal with lemon marscarpone. Very good and light. Server went out of her to make us feel welcomed. Definitely recommend reservations anytime on the weekend as place fills up quickly. Great find off the main stream of congested pier village. Always a treatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/11/2014We were surprised to find good food with very attentive and thoughtful service. Delicious homemade dessert. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you!!JohnB1110Dined on 7/8/2014Delicious dinner .. Wonderful service ! Will definitely recommend this place !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceBeBeDined on 7/5/2014I had dinner on a Sat. night with another woman - 2 seniors. We had a reservation and were seated before 2 other tables where the people received immediate service. We were ignored until I complained to the Maitre D. The waiter who eventually came to the table said he did not know it was his table. The Maitre D said the waiter made a mistake. I told the Maitre D that someone was responsible and he reluctantly admitted it was his error. He then came to the table and said he was glad he could "make it up" to us. He did nothing to make it up. A real loser.
- Mostly goodMajqueen53Dined on 7/5/2014We were 4 adults and a toddler. The waitress was very aware that the toddler's attention span is limited and hence brought out the bread and his dinner quickly. The Mamma Mia salad made with endives and gorgonzola cheese was substantial and quite tasty. My salmon was decent although it was a little dry. Risotto very good. Molten Chocolate cake was stale, dry and expensive. We told the manager expecting him to take it off the bill and all he had to say was sorry but we were still charged the $9. If a customer goes to the trouble to tell management they are unsatified with the quality of an item, they should not be charged. Shame on Mamma Mia's manager, escpecially since i have been a repeat customer for several months this year.Special Features:
- Too noisy;ask for "specials"prices!ackgolferDined on 6/28/2014Made our reservation through open table and asked for a table by a window so we would have some sort of a view. No window tables were available when we arrived right on time for our reservation. The place was extremely noisy and there was a table of 8 to 10 people that seemed to be yelling over one another to be heard. The "Sole Special" was priced at $52.00 which was outrageous for a small neighborhood bistro.
- Size is never a problemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014The food is DELICIOUS!!! They have a good balance of items to satisfy any size party. The staff is always friendly and inviting." Definitely recommend the branzino, halibut and dover sole.it was the real deal, not fake like some places try to pass as real deal. This is becoming one of our fondest places to go to for dinner !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd times a charmLuv2critiqueDined on 6/17/20142nd time was better than the first. I didn't think it was possible but i enjoyed it better this time. I had the Halibut and it was delicious. My friend had the veal chop and he said it was cooked to perfection. We began our meals with salads and both were excellent. I had ceasar and he had Mamma Mia. The homemade dressing on each salad was divine. I wish they sold the dressing in jars. Of course we ended our meal with dessert which of course anyone who loves sweets will be in heaven. There were a couple of small parties going on but it was still nice and quaint and held its family personal charm that we are growing so fond of. Can't wait to see what Chef Massimo has for us to taste on our next visit!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service/Great FoodcharlieVIPDined on 6/13/2014The service is very attentive. The new chef from Sicily is providing an Italian cuisine that is different enough that it is worth a drive. BYOB always appreciated. Careful when ordering the specials. The 2 delicious dishes we had ( swordfish steak & red snapper) where 35$ & 38$. We were not the only diners a bit surprised when the bill showed up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KedsoNEDFDined on 6/13/2014Very disappointed. My linuini with white clam sauce was tasteless. Never had tasteless linguini before. Wife's salmon was well done even thought she ordered medium. Dessert tray was offerred, but selections were "same old" ambiance service were ok. Too bad, since good location and earlier restaurant, Tavolo, was very e joyable.
- Fabulous family dinnerJerseyShoreSmokeDined on 5/31/2014Took our family of 6 there for dinner and had an early reservation so not crowded when we arrived - you should make a reservation if possible. Service was good and the food was GREAT. We had two old school Italian cooks in the party and they were really impressed. Family-style hot antipasto was really good and the specials were a nice assortment of offerings including veal, seafood and pasta. I had the lasagna and it was superb. I'd recommend this for anything from a romantic dinner for two up through a big family gathering. The it has a very comfortable vibe and a good location with views of the beach, but a little hard to find f you don't know the area. Overall two thumbs up! This is now going to be a regular place for us.Special Features:
- Manhattan Dining in Long BranchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/26/2014We had such a wonderful time at Mamma Mia's! The food was incredible (I highly recommend the Dover Sole especially), and every attendant, from host to server to owners, were genuinely friendly and attentive. We were seated in area next to a window with water view on 2nd floor, and it was not only a gorgeous view, but a great noise level to be able to really talk at our table. We could hear the music, but it was not too loud, nor were the other diners. It is totally worth it for a special and memorable time together-- we brought relatives from California who we hadn't seen in a long time, and they couldn't stop raving about it. There was a great assortment of homemade desserts. our server created a sampler platter and each one was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 13 reviews are from the Mamma Mia Trattoria reviews archive.
- One and DoneMercedesreferralVIPDined on 5/24/2014This was the worst dining experience I've ever encountered. The restaurant is in a 2 story building, with the dining room upstairs. The staircase dumps you into the middle of the dining area and you have to wait for your table surrounded by everyone eating at their tables. One we sat, the entertainment was cranked up to deafening roar rather than background dinner music. It was so loud that I had to point on the menu to the items I was ordering because the waiter couldn't hear me. It got worse from there. The screaming from the female patrons (all middle age and older) was worse than any teenage behavior I've ever seen. Dinner was no better. $38 for a piece of overcooked tuna was a fitting ending to a forgettable dining experience.
- top notchlove2dineVIPDined on 4/29/2014Service, food, atmosphere and value all outstanding. From salad thru to dessert exceptional. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- DonDucaDined on 4/27/2014Two visits. Dinner specials on both occasions were super (veal chop, branzino, pork chop, stiped bass). Best broccoli rabe ever and great meatballs. All this and a BYOB. Next, I have to try some pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, service...not muchRickVIPDined on 4/26/2014Food- comfort foods Chicken Parm, Eggplant and lasagna all top notch. Clearly family run, with pride. Went early at 6:15 hoping for quick in/out- but took 2 hours 30 minutes to eat. Waited with dirty dishes between courses for 15 minutes. Had to Ask to see dessert menu-Practically begged for check. Will go again- food and friendly maitre'd showed pride in ownership- Fix the service (another busboy?)- you"ll get 5 stars.Special Features:
- Hidden delightLuv2critiqueDined on 4/11/2014I must say I was pleasantly surprised. We are at the restaurant and from the outside it didn't look like much but we didn't know they had an upstairs. The view from upstairs was so nice. Our server was nice. He was really pleasant, friendly, charming and very helpful with his suggestions. The mamma Mia calamari was great. Everyone loved it. Everyone ordered specials at the table and the 2 favorite were Bronzino and veal chop. They were so good. We were too full to enjoy desserts so we all shared a piece of the lemon marscarpone. Next time we will save room for dessert because it was so good. Did I mention it was homemade too? We will be there in 2 weeks when they have live music. We are looking forward to a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VaVaVoomBigFatGuyDined on 4/10/2014Previously not on my restaurant radar, Mama Mia is now a go to for fresh, fantastic Italian food. Was looking to try a new place to get out of a rut, and was pleasantly surprised. Much better option than the Red Bank area Italian joints, and food is as good as Undici without all the Rumson posers. Chef/Owner comes out of the kitchen to make the rounds and makes you feel part of the family. Wonderful seafood options. Desserts rival the entrees too.Special Features:
- A Must TryluvanimalsDined on 3/29/2014I'm Italian.Like dining at mom's house. Mas chef & owner & his wife Dina become family. Staff takes pride getting 2 know u (hello, Mary) & what u like. Mas goes out of his way 2 accomodate anything u want. Food is home cooking & gourmet at the same time but not fu fu. Never liked brussel sprouts-Mas' are 2 die for. Juicy, succulent just the right seasoning. I'm a vegetarian. His veggie lasagna is fabulous-not that frozen supermarket type. His broccoli rabe is the best ever. My friends say his baked clams oreganata r better than any of the area restaurants & the meat, seafood & poultry dishes are quality fresh & mouth watering great. Pasta dishes are so good & must try the white pizza-triple yum. Atmosphere is "happy". Keep this place going!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mama Mia!SaturdayVIPDined on 3/21/2014Food was excellent, very reasonable! Will go back for sure.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/20144th time dining and they still wow me with the food. Gonna be tough to get in there this summer.Special Features:
- Awesome Food and SerivceMickDined on 3/1/2014We have been there a few times and the food is awesome. Very friendly staff who are always accommodating. Look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service - friendly staffSammyGDined on 2/14/2014We went there for Valentine's Day dinner. The regular menu looked really good, but the prix fixe menu for the valentine's night had no vegan options, I asked the friendly waitress to check with the chef to see if he can come up with something for me. Sure enough, the chef did a great job. Towards the end, the chef himself stopped by to check how satisfied I was with the meal. It was a great experience. I'd definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant is fairly newArleneDined on 1/18/2014The restaurant is fairly new so I'm hoping that was the reason for the poor service.
- Nice atmosphere. Quiet, pleasant.WendyDined on 1/17/2014Nice atmosphere. Quiet, pleasant. Definitely will come back. Owner/chef very nice and did all the right things.Special Features: