Mamma Lucia's Italian Kitchen
17555 Chatsworth street
Granada Hills, CA 91344Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Mamma Lucia's Italian Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mammaluciaskitchen.com/
- Phone: 8183634333
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Mario Macro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: No party to big or small. Distance not a issue.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us to learn more about renting the whole restaurant for your next event.
- Private Party Contact: Mario 8183634333
A word from Mamma Lucia's Italian Kitchen
Mamma Lucias first established in Granada Hills in 1956. The Great Grandson of Mamma Lucia in now running it. Family dining, Old World Italian cooking done here.Dine in, Take out , Delivery, and Catering. Family owned and operated.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mamma Lucia's Italian Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
- Restaurant wasn't even openkindafoodieDined on 7/4/2014I'd love to review the food and dining experience but the restaurant wasn't open when we showed up for our reservation. The one-star ratings are just because you're required to enter something in order to post a review. It'd be a good idea if restaurants were required to post correct hours of operation before accepting OpenTable reservations.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014They weren't open when we showed up for our reservation!
- Service virtually non - existent.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/31/2014There was no one else in the restaurant when we dined. We got waited on in a reasonable amount of time but that was where the service ended. It took what felt like an hour before we got bread put on the table and then finally the soup came but not the salad. It took another 20 minutes or so to get that. Maybe another 45 minutes goes by when our dinners were served. The food is excellent and nice size portions but I just don't like sitting for hours while different people in the family ran around serving us.Special Features:
- Pleasant local restaurantWineLoverVIPDined on 4/30/2014The food is good, but the portion size is too large. The restaurant is inexpensive, and you can bring your own wine for no corkage. They do not have a liquor license. We would order differently next time to reduce the amount of wasted food. The pizza is quite good with a thin crust. The cannolis were also quite good. The owner is very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian home cooking ...BenjiVIPDined on 4/5/2014In the San Fernando Valley. Quiet, non pretentious and welcoming Italian restaurant. Mario is quite a character and makes your experience a good one. Mario takes his time to cook you a good meal. So if you are in a rush...this is not the place for you. If you like taking your time to enjoy your meal, talk with friends and family while Mario cooks you a great meal, then this is the place to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful family operationOther1VIPDined on 3/29/2014A delightful family operation in an out of the way neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Casual FindTakeSuggestionsOrNotDined on 3/29/2014Great place for very casual dining. The staff is warm, friendly and helpful. We took my future Mother-in-law for dinner before a show at CSUN and she enjoyed it, too. She is not one to order spicy items, but she choose the hottest item on the menu. When she ordered, the waitress let her know it was extremely hot, but she ordered it anyway. The chef (owner?) came out from the kitchen to tell her again, but she insisted. He came out again with the waitress just to reconfirm that she knew what she was getting into. We all laughed, but it was such a wonderful touch! She ended up loving it!! We have been back a couple of times since.Special Features:
- Flashback to my childhood!MargauxVIPDined on 3/9/2014I can't begin to tell you how excited I was to see that Mama Lucia's was added to your new restaurant list. My family and I started going to the original location in 1957 and were very sad when it closed. The Mama Lucia's Pizza Special was exactly as I had remembered ... hot, crispy crust, cheesy and packed with flavor. My group also had the eggplant parmesan, antipasto salad and spaghetti with meat sauce. We were all very happy. The owner/manager, Mario, was a kick and our waiter, i believe his name was Keith, was really great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.