Mamasita Bar & Grill
818 10th Avenue
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Mamasita Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mamasitanyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 315-9444
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm
Daily: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Gluten-free Menu, Late Night
A word from Mamasita Bar & Grill
We at Mamasita take pride in serving the freshest and best Mexican food made with the finest ingredients available. Our menu offers a wide array of choices including a large Healthy Vegetarian selection as well as appetiziers, entrees, fajitas, seafood and much much more!! All our food is made fresh to order and is completely free of MSG, lard and animal fat. Our menu features exclusive dishes created by our chefs & owner, PK. And with over 25 different flavors of margaritas we've a flavor for every meal!Continued
We also offer Catering and Private Parties. Please come join us you will be happy you did!
We also offer Catering and Private Parties. Please come join us you will be happy you did!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mamasita Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (8)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Fab food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014When I was looking for a good Mexican restaurant to eat in when in NY, this gem was highly recommended on trip advisor, we were recommended to book or we wouldn't get a table. When we arrived there was one other couple in the restaurant!!! Must have been a slow night, and I'm sure that had we not booked a table it would have been rammed!!! However, the food was fab and the staff were absolutely lovely!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/1/2014Food/ decor was great, pretty bartender split duties as server but never skipped a beat. Owner introduced himself with complementary dessert which was a nice touch but after coming over the third time handing out business cards it just screamed of desperation. He needs confidence in his cooks and bartender as the food and drinks are well worth the return visit, as long as the owner is at their other location.Special Features:
- Great New FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 11/1/2014Very nice food and service. Way too many margarita choices!Special Features:
- Great food great ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/19/2014I went there with 6 friends after a concert. It was late, but the service was fantastic! We all had their special margaritas and guacamole to share as appetizer. The food came quickly and it was among the best mexican food I had. They even offered some dessert for the group. We had a great time there. I'd warmly recommend Mamasita for your special events.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014It has some of the best Mexican food in the city. The service is excellent and always pleasant. Took two other couples with me and all they could talk about was how good the food was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great authentic Mexican foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Excellent authentic Mexican food presented in a traditional Mexican. Be sure to get there early before 8p.m. to take advantage of the happy hour prices on the margarita. 16 ounce margarita for nine dollars is a good deal. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-priced with no explanation....OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2014We dined last weekend and were shocked at the prices for what we were served. Guacamole for nearly $12 comes in a small teacup tortilla; a $20 vegetarian combination entree with a burrito and enchilada was filled with next-to-nothing; our cocktails were a mixture of watered down and overly too strong; in addition, a member of our party was ill the following morning from poorly cooked meat. I think if this type of establishment would like to mandate an automatic gratuity charge, there should be a justified reason. We were three people, three dissatisfied customers who paid nearly $100 for 2 entrees, guacamole and a couple of terribly made cocktails. How this bill came to $100 is absurd. I would not suggest this place to anyone.
- good food, generous portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The food is 4/5 but portion sizes were big. The owner even gave a couple of complimentary trees de leches since we were a big group and he stopped by to get our feedback. Wine selection was optimal with an option for almost all basic wines. Service was good but place can be cramped for groups larger than 4-5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good drinks, OK foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/6/2014The restaurant is VERY basic inside. The one bathroom was very busy the night we went and the restaurant wasn't full - I imagine this could be a problem when the restaurant is more busy. The margaritas are good and come in lots of flavors. The flavor is just put in the glass and then regular frozen margarita from a machine on top rather than blended. The flavored margarita on the rocks was shaken. The special enchilada with mole sauce and almonds was very tasty. The chicken quesadilla was good also. The guacamole was delicious but a very small serving and pricey. Overall the restaurant is charging prices above the level of the food being offered. It wasn't a bad experience but I will not rush back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/6/2014Well exceeded our expectations. The attention to detail in the food and the service was what made the experience. To start: the salsa was vibrant and spectacular, the guacamole was ultra fresh and perfectly balanced, and the chips were freshly made and warm and crisp. The kids loved it. I had the special, steak pablano relleno, which I would go back again and again for. The classic patron magaritas were spectacular.Special Features:
- Great authentic MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014We were looking for an authentic Mexican restaurant In NYC and we were not disappointed. The food was great and was very well priced. The owner was very friendly and made a point of thanking us for our business and brought us a free dessert. The guacamole was fantastic and the beef enchilada was the best I have ever had. Overall we were very happy with our choice and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/29/2014My family and I found this gem while visiting New York. The staff (and owner) were extremely attentive and friendly. And the food was really good, and the margaritas were very tasty. We had a great meal and experience.Special Features:
- The following 15 reviews are from the Mamasita Bar & Grill reviews archive.
- Margarita Madness!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/6/2014How can you go wrong with 25 flavorful options to choose from!! I was in tequila heaven. The place is a little small and gets pretty packed but not overwhelmingly so. We ordered appetizers, listened to what they called background music that turned out to be entertaining nonetheless and drank! Waitress was very polite and accomodating. Staff was pleasant and we made friends with another table behind us. Overall had a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2014I chose this restaurant because it was rated highly on another website. I ate at Mamasita's with 2 friends. The place has a very nice vibe to it. No head-pounding music but quiet background music. The food was fresh and quite delicious. I ordered chicken quesedilla and chicken fajitas... Delish! The service was terrific. The manager came around multiple times to ask how everything tasted ("Excellent" I replied). At the end of a wonderful meal, the manager gave us a complimentary dessert since we were out-of-towners. I won't be back to Manhattan again for 4 months but will definitely return to Mamasita's for more fresh, delicious Mexican cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/27/2014Based on other reviews this should have been great. The food was terrible and the "ambiance" was that of a corner deli. The waitstaff was attentive, but beyond that this place has no redeeming qualities.
- lots of margaritasOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/25/2014lots of margaritas in a variety of sizes and flavors... and gigantic portions of very good food. Excellent service. No complaints.
- Great food but loud environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014Excellent meal that goes beyond standard Tex-Mex. The owner checked in with us several times to make sure we were comfortable and well looked-after. The restaurant itself is small and feels inevitably crowded and loud. It's not fancy but feels homey. A good find and would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2014THe food was excellent and the spot was a great atmosphere. Would definately go back again. If your looking for authentic mexican food this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stay away with childrenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/22/2014We were here with a group that included 5 children. The owner spent the entire meal talking to us and obsessing over our kids. Very uncomfortable. Even after being direct with our level of discomfort he still get the fact that we were upset. We were creeped out and will never be back. Stay away!
- Large Margaritas!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2014Pros: Large and tasty margaritas, and a whole lot (and I mean WHOLE lot) of flavors to choose from. They knew who we were right when we came in and had paid attention to the fact that we had reserved through open table. The owner was there and checked in with us to make sure we were enjoying ourselves. Cons: Menu isn't really authentic Mexican - more of a mix of Mexican, Cuban and other Hispanic cuisines. It was tasty, but nothing outstanding. The music was on too loud to talk with my 6-person group. It was very dark.Special Features:
- Forget itOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/6/2014Awful place. Food average or below. Prices WAY way inflated.
- great food, nice neighborhood vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/26/2014Surprisingly fresh, unique and delicious Mexican food in a relaxed atmosphere with good service. Definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/22/2014The food was excellent, the margaritas were huge and the service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for Valentines DayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Had a nice late V day dinner here. Good selection of Mexican beer, nice fresh guac and some different takes on the mexican standards. Would check this place out again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/8/2014Very fresh and unique menu and dishes. Family run with wonderful serviceI would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite for Mex on West SideOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/5/2014Food was great, and service was friendly and very attentive. Ambience is exactly what I want in a neighborhood establishment. Although nothing fancy, our meal/experience was excellent, and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/19/2014We went to Mamasita's for my boyfriend's birthday and had a fabulous experience! There was a wide variety of margaritas that came in copious amounts, and the food was quite delicious. The owner and the waitstaff were incredibly friendly, and funny. We were well attended, and they provided us with complimentary dessert because of the birthday. I would highly recommend this place for a large group, and a fun occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.