1850 Village South Road
Olympic Valley, CA 96146Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://mamasake.com/
- Phone: 5305840110
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Elsa Corrigan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout
- Catering: Would you like a sushi chef or two to make your event a little more special? We will work with you to create a special menu for your event.
- Private Party Facilities: Mamasake is available during some seasons for buy out. We will design a special menu for your rehearsal dinner, a company party, special event or fund raiser. We have a 2 way full screen to project your content. A music system that fills the room with quality sound.
- Private Party Contact: Jacob Russell 5305840110
A word from Mamasake
Mamasake is located at the Base of one of Northern California's most spectacular ski mountains, Squaw Valley. This all season recreation destination is the perfect background for our lively, fun atmosphere where we offer a variety of Asian inspired dishes and creative sushi. Our choices include dishes that satisfy many dietary needs and appetites. Vegetarian, Vegan, Lactose intolerant, Trans fat free, and Organic. Also many choices which are not raw or fish. We serve the highest quality fresh fish sourced from suppliers who are certified as eco-friendly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mamasake reviews from OpenTable diners
- Really great--have been hereOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/12/2013Really great--have been here before---except that when I called to change our 8 person reservation the hostes said "Oh we don't pay attention to open table" which I ignored because I've open tabled here before. But then when we arrived, the staff acted as if they had no information about our 'reservation" since they don't take resos on Saturday night but would do their best to accommodate us. End of tsory, all ten of us got seated 30 min after our reservation, but my real misgivings were the attitudes towards opentable which ive started using a lot for my food reservations. We spent over $00 person but I can't entirely say it was money well spent
- When we showed up for ourOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/14/2010When we showed up for our 6:30 reservations we were told to sit anywhere which made us wonder why we had made a reservation and rushed to get there on time after getting off the mountain. We had two kids and they loved looking at the giant screen in the middle of the restaurant showing snowboarders heli-boarding. It was a bit much but I guess its mandatory to have that type of video on endless loop anywhere you go in Squaw Valley. The food was good (B-) but not the greatest. The sushi chef seems to have an affinity for avocados as they are in virtually every roll they offer. Service was good. Very friendly staff. Would go again but I dont know that I would emphatically recommend to anyone. Dinner for four came to $130 with tip.
- Despite having a reservation,2kgougherVIPDined on 12/23/2009Despite having a reservation, we were informed upon arrival that we would need to wait 30+ minutes. After 15 minutes we were seated. Service was slow. Surprising.
- The experience left no doubtOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/27/2009The experience left no doubt in my mind that college kids, working at Squaw during the ski season, had stayed on to become 'chefs' during the Summer. Not good.
- Terrific, fun place for aTresbienDined on 2/16/2009Terrific, fun place for a evening after skiing all day. Great creative sushi and very friendly wait staff.Special Features:
- It was not a bad place, butOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/12/2008It was not a bad place, but not quite what we expected based on it's location. Our server seemed a bit non chalant or distracted, but the busser was very attentive. The food was average. The batter for the tempura was odd, and the spider roll with dungeness tasted odd. The atmosphere was modern with a fabulous projection system with a 15x18 foot video of extreme skiing. Oddly, Digital Underground was thumping through the restaurant, but what the heck. It's definitely not a traditional sushi place, but depending on what you order you'll likely be fine. Oh, and the hot sake was great!!
- We enjoyed our visit to MamasakeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/10/2008We enjoyed our visit to Mamasake and our waitress Andrea was excellent and very helpful in deciding our food and drink!Special Features:
- Delicious! I don't eat sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2008Delicious! I don't eat sushi but went here because a friend of mine wanted to go. They had a lot of vegetarian options and everything was delicious. The sushi eaters really enjoyed their food, too. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Friendly atmosphere, goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/2/2008Friendly atmosphere, good menu selection, and accommodating service.Special Features:
- My beau and I had arrivedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/26/2008My beau and I had arrived at Squaw for a conference and were hungry after our flight. We reviewed our options within walking distance (in Olympic Village) and settled on Mamasake as we're always in the mood for good sushi! We ordered a bottle of cold sake while we pondered the menu...delicious! We decided to split four rolls: Crunchy (albacore w/tumpura crystals, avocado & cucumber), Hakuna Matata (tuna, cucumber, mango, macadamias, sprouts), Mamasake Yakimaki (salmon, avocado, cucumber, cilantro, teriyaki) and Hot Creamy Mama. We loved the idea of throwing a Hawaiian vibe on sushi, and the Hakuna Matata roll did not dissapoint. Actually, we had a hard time deciding which tasted best because each roll tasted amazing in its own way.Special Features:
- The staff weren't even awareOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/22/2008The staff weren't even aware that they used open table...