Mamajuana Cafe - Woodside
33-15 56th Street
Woodside, NY 11377Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Mamajuana Cafe - Woodside
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mamajuana-cafe.com/
- Phone: 7185656454
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Monday - Friday: 5:00pm -11:00pm; Saturday & Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Spanish, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Ricardo Cardona
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: FRIDAY - LIVE MUSIC @ 6:30pm / DJ @ 11pm SATURDAY - DJ @ 11pm SUNDAY BRUNCH - DJ from 12p - 4pm SUNDAY 6:30pm - LIVE MUSIC (TONY BRAVO) SUNDAY 9pm - LIVE MUSICA (MUSICA TIPICA - PERICO RIPIAO
A word from Mamajuana Cafe - Woodside
MAMAJUANA CAFE offers a unique dining experience focusing on Caribbean & South American dishes combined with Asian influences - All brought to life by our Executive Chef Ricardo Cardona. With our Colonial Spaniard decor, our plush colorful sofas, the illuminant display of orchids, our grand outdoor patio, our unparalled cocktails (some infused with Authentic Mamajuana) - we welcome you to experience Mamajuana Cafe! What exactly is Mamajuana? Well, It seems that anywhere you travel in the world; each country has its own native drink. The native drink of the Dominican Republic is known as mamajuana and amongst Dominicans; this tasty drink has gained somewhat of a mythical status. Legend has it that mamajuana acts as somewhat of a cure all.. there is a mythical secret to mamajuana - please ask your server and he/she will enlighten you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mamajuana Cafe - Woodside reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (6)great for outdoor dining (5)special occasion (5)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)fit for foodies (4)late-night find (4)romantic (4)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (3)great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Best place everFavoriteRestaurantDined on 7/29/2014Great food great service!! Would recommend to family and friends!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my favorite Mamajuanas locationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2014I've tried 4 different Mamajuanas between Manhattan, Queens, and NJ.. the one on Woodside Queens is by far the best one to me. service and food is always on point.Special Features:
- The following 15 reviews are from the Mamajuana Cafe - Woodside reviews archive.
- BlehhHeyMissMichelleDined on 6/15/2014Out of all of the Mamajuana locations this one is the black sheep. I have been here twice and both times there were tables to spare - no wait time. Most recently I was here with my family for Father's Day dinner and I was overly disappointed. They were out of Piña Colada mix, our appetizers took 25 minutes to get to our table (timed) and our entrees took a full 55 minutes after the appetizers were cleared to reach us, the churrasco while juicy was tasteless. There seemed to be only 3 waiters working the large dining rooms. We were over charged twice. Pros: there are always tables available (which is more of a negative for the establishment), their seafood linguine is delicious, the bandeja Paisa is really good as well.Special Features:
- Great place!MiniamaDined on 5/31/2014Love this restaurant. We go here very often. The service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excepcinalMEMIDined on 5/10/2014I took my mother for her birthday, she have a good time. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the worst serviceCharlyDined on 5/3/2014the worst service, we had a birthday party there when we was eating the main course. they serve dessert at the same time with the candleSpecial Features:
- travel inside the restaurantlovemerengueDined on 5/2/2014What made this special occasion even better, was celebrating at Mamajuana Café. The environment was energetic, with Latin music playing in the background. We ordered a few appetizers...the presentation was nice, with a touch of Dominican flavor. The server was friendly and personable. We "traveled" from a romantic, restaurant environment to a lively nightclub to hear the band. You can experience two different "worlds" by just walking a few steps.Special Features:
- Reservation thru opentableLoracDined on 4/12/2014Reservation thru opentable was a breeze. The food was actually delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingstarliteDined on 4/11/2014My purpose for my visit to the cafe was to celebrate my coworkers b.day. the dinner setting was great the food was amazing any culture can enjoy. The lounge was ok, What I didn't like was they didn't mix the music . But vibe was good. There was no place to sit if you don't buy a bottle of some kind. Disappointing become females wear really high heals. And I noticed that other people of Spanish decent sat down without a bottle and the host of girls didn't say anything and didn't told them the same they told me. :-( . And for the guys if you are not wear some church shoes you cant get in. Lmao. But overall I had a great time my coworker enjoyed her b.day the night was well worth it. Ooh almost forgot the uka was a great touch to the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014I came here friday night for my birthday dinner with a couple of friends and im happy i chose this restaurant. Our waiter fabio was so kind and respectful and always came around the table with a great smile and overall the food was great. Great staff !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter was excellent, rellyenjoyednessaDined on 4/4/2014Waiter was excellent, rellyenjoyed the service and food, will definitely go again .Special Features:
- Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014I took my beat friend for her birthday and we had a great time. The food was delicious and the service great. The server was very attentive. We missed out reservation but when we got there they seated us quickly. Overall the experience was very nice and I would definitely recommend Mamajuanas to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service & amazing dessertsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/26/2014I would definitely recommend Mamajuana Cafe. First of all the service is good the hostess and waiter were very polite and friendly. The food was very delicious and the desserts were amazing, the maracuya tres leches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad at allPattyDined on 2/14/2014We went to Mamajuana for Valentines Day. Service was slow comsidering it was a holiday and place was packed. But overall food was great. Atmosphere is perfect. My husband is highly allergic to seafood and 90 % if the menu is seafood but he didn't get any reaction. I would recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating the holidays!YvetteDined on 12/28/2013We we're looking to have a romantic dinner right before the 31st to celebrate the holidays! I'm glad we found the right place. Our waiter was attentive--answered all questions and made some recommendations. We ended up having the shrimp stuffed with crab meat and the red snapper--absolutely divine. Lights were dimmed midway through our dinner making for a romantic atmosphere. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerTropsDined on 11/16/2013I've been to the one in inwood, loved it & when I found out they had opened one in woodside, I had to try it out. I had a wonderful experience. When I first arrived with my party, we didn't like our table & asked to be moved, & with no hesitation they accommodated us. Our server was super nice & very attentive. The food was incredible. As the night went on, it turned into a club/lounge & we would've stayed but I had my 5 year old nephew with us. Next time we go, I'll be sure to leave the kiddies with a babysitter so I can enjoy dancing the night away! Definitely recommend mamajuana's to my family & friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hubby's Birthday DinnerTeePeeDined on 9/28/2013This place is great! I'm already looking forward to going back. In addition, they have the BEST empanadas around. We had a double dinner date and everyone was pleased with their entrees. The service was impeccable; our waiter was pleasant and attentive. Mamajuana's is our new favorite restaurant; a true Queens GEM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.