Mama Vita's Ristorante Italiano & Wine Store
6405 Branch Hill-Guinea Pike
Loveland, OH 45140Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Mama Vita's Ristorante Italiano & Wine Store
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://mamavitas.com/
- Phone: 5136979705
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday in Pub Only/Full Menu: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm; Sunday: Closed
Friday, 12-24 Wine Store & Carry Out ONLY Noon to 5pm
Closed 12-25 & 26
Friday, 12-31 11am to 8pm
Closed 1-1 & 1-2-11
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Aaron Jackson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday in the Pub.
A word from Mama Vita's Ristorante Italiano & Wine Store
A local favorite, offering a variety of authentic Italian dishes, gourmet pizzas and uniquely creative specials by Chef Aaron Jackson. Mama Vita"s won awards from City Beat and 4 stars from the Cincinnati Enquirer, is a recipient of the Wine Spectator "Award of Excellence 2010" and offers one of the area's best wine lists consisting of over 500 wines, all of which can be purchased in our award winning wine store at state minimum prices. After a relaxing dinner, enjoy live music, exotic drinks and some of the best micro beers our country has to offer in Mama's Pub and Patio. We also offer an extensive carry out, take-to-bake and late night menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mama Vita's Ristorante Italiano & Wine Store reviews from OpenTable diners
- Very good wine selection.ChrisDelVecchioDined on 9/24/2013Very good wine selection. Half price bottles on Tuesday. Food was not as good as the wine, but tasty. Service was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood place forSamanthaDined on 9/21/2013Nice neighborhood place for families and adults. Food was very delicious and the wait staff were friendly and welcoming.Special Features:
- As always, everything wasouttoeatVIPDined on 9/14/2013As always, everything was very good!!! We have never had a bad experience at Mama Vita's.Special Features:
- Was really hoping it would be greatBrooDined on 9/14/2013This is the type of place you would love to love- 1000 pt table, small, locally owned and operated. Unfortunately, the food just did not live up to the billing. "Lucy" Flatbread was dripping with oil, soggy and salty. Pesto Pasta and Lasagna were fair at best. Highlight of the meal was the Tiramisu "cake". Service was very friendly and we took the server's recommendations, the flavor was just not there. The prices seemed high for the atmosphere (neighborhood pizzeria). We did not try the pizza, but frankly, our experience with the flatbread would not indicate that they could do pizza well. The location was close enough that we might have returned if the food had been decent- this was not the case.
- Love pastaGobearDined on 9/5/2013Best Italian food and made to order. Awesome that they have gluten free pasta. Freshness gets a 10!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianBradDined on 8/10/2013Great spot for Italian food! Cooked to perfection. Took our 2 little grand daughters and it was very kid friendly, & very responsive to food allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodlove2dineVIPDined on 8/2/2013I had a delicious hearty Ziti pasta meal. I really enjoyed it. Thank goodness for open table because you would have to be either lost or have some reason for being in the area of this neighborhood gem in order to find it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took two of our grandchildrenouttoeatVIPDined on 7/6/2013Took two of our grandchildren this time. They liked the food, and they can be somewhat picky.Special Features:
- Neighborhood TreasureOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2013This was our first time eating here. The food is outstanding and the servers are very friendly and accommodating. Have already recommended this restaurant to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Solid QualityLibertyDined on 6/22/2013This is a neighborhood Italian and pizza place. Nice wine list, in fact they own the wine store next door where you can get your bottle there and bring it in, they charge a$ 5.00 corkage fee. They also have a real good pizza, and outdoor seating with music many nights a week. Their website show the entertainment schedule. Prices seem a little high for the atmosphere , but the food quality is good. Red meat sauce is very good and on the sweet side. Excellent fresh bakes rolls. Clean and quick and casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food.. Service gettingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/8/2013Very good food.. Service getting food to us was very slow for party of 5. Server was very good, very knowledgable and friendly. Main restaurant ambiance is very lacking for quality and price of food. Would recommend to everyone and would come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Are in restaurant frst. Fast,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2013Are in restaurant frst. Fast, friendly service. We both had the california salad. She had the half pesto pasta with chicken, I had meats flat bread. Ended up taking some home. Went to pub after. Nice trio of musicians playing. Great night out away from kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple restaurant with great foodDomer82VIPDined on 6/1/2013My wife and I enjoyed the food and the service. This is not a fancy restaurant, however, the food is great. If you want elegance don't come here. If you want good food in a casual setting you should give Mama Vita's a try. We'll come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mama VitasKelsonhoffDined on 5/13/2013Went on Monday and unfortunately they had just started closing on Mondays. Ate in bar where they had full menu anyway. Not perhaps the same ambiance but food was the same.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2013Mama Vita's is a gem. Excellent food and service. My 2 year old daughter and I took my wife here for Mother's Day. They were very accommodating with our 2 year old. She loved the macaroni and cheese. My wife loved the cannoli and I thoroughly enjoyed the jambalasta. The leftovers were great for lunch the next day too. The crab cake appetizer isn't the best in the city, but we didn't go for the crab cakes. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Italian GemHappyFoodieof3VIPDined on 4/27/2013Great place to go instead of cooking at home. It was great for us to go so we could have a variety for dinner at a great price: fettucini; pasta with shrimp; eggplant parmagiana; pizza and salads. Service was good. It's casual and comfortable. What you see is what you get.Special Features:
- This was our first trip toOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/23/2013This was our first trip to Mama Vita's and we will be back! The food was delicious and authentic tasting Italian! My eggplant parmesan was good, and when I took a bite of my husband's alfredo dish I couldn't believe that the sauce tasted just like the homemade stuff my mom would make. Not once had I ever been able to find that in a restaurant. They also had an outstanding beer, wine, and liquor selection for those who like to enjoy a good adult beverage. And our waitress was wonderful as well - great personality and took care of us. Had it not been for Open Table we would have never found this restaurant (not living in the area) - I am sure it's truly a "neighborhood gem" for those nearby.Special Features:
- Definitely going backOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/12/2013Fun, neighborhood restaurant. Meet and talked with the regulars. Probably the best pizza I have ever had. We will be back many times.Special Features:
- One of our favorites. ChickenOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/8/2013One of our favorites. Chicken Piccata on broccoli is outstanding.Special Features:
- The food was not spectacular,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2013The food was not spectacular, pretty plain fare. But the prices were outrageous. Totally not commensurate with the quality of the food. I would at least expect a nicer ambiance for the prices we paid.
- We have been at this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013We have been at this restaurant a few times and have always had good service and food. I think the food has slipped and the time to get our food was horrible. I'm just glad we were not in a hurry. An hour for a salad (as an entree) and an entree is too long. People next to us had pizza and the bottom was burnt. May give it another chance, but not for Valentine's Day.Special Features:
- We love this place. PositivesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We love this place. Positives - Ambiance is good. A quiet cozy place to eat. We got right in with our reservation. Food was excellent. We had lasagna and pesto pasta with salads. We have been here a few times before, and everything has always been delicious. Negatives - Only one. Our waitress was really good until she was assigned a large table. Then our service became a little slow. We would still go back again.Special Features:
- Mama Vita's is a nice littleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2013Mama Vita's is a nice little neighborhood restaurant. The food is good and so are the prices if you choose wisely. I was with a group of four and we were all pleased with our dinners. After dinner we went next door to their bar area and enjoyed some live music. It was a fun evening with a reasonable price tag. Give it a try for yourself.Special Features:
- The crab cakes were awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2013The crab cakes were awesome and even our kids liked them. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Definitely would go back.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2013Definitely would go back. Food and service was very good.Special Features:
- We especially liked the GarlicHelmutDined on 1/26/2013We especially liked the Garlic Stuffed Artichoke Hearts Appetizer. I'd suggest that you leave room for the Tiramisu Cake.
- We ate here on New Year'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2012We ate here on New Year's Eve and we did have reservations. The food was good, however, the service was not good. We waited more than 30 minutes for someone to take our initial order. We also had to get our own drinks a couple of times. About half way through our dinner a group of about 25 came in (without reservations)and that was it. They were seated right on top of us. The noise level was awful. Not the restaurants fault. But what was their fault was that we received little to no service after that and we had absolutely not room to even move. On the other hand, the restaurant is small and could be intimate and the food was good.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL DISCOVERY! for DELICIOUSOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/15/2012WONDERFUL DISCOVERY! for DELICIOUS Italian with outstanding service - as long as atmosphere is not high on your list - this is perfect. great with our daughters since it's so casual. mix of families, adult groups, always full and always good. from cuban pizza to gambretto shrimp and chicken alfredo and wine - we love it for all ages.Special Features:
- The bar is way too small.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/8/2012The bar is way too small. Great music was being played but there's no room to really bring people in to enjoy it.
- Quiet Eastside Italian GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/30/2012Mama Vita's is a quiet gem which boost an extensive wine list and also has a very large selection of artisian and micro brews. Tables and seating are okay, the decor is lacking but the wait staff is outstanding! Mama Vita's offers a moderate selection of appetizers; the garlic stuff artichoke hearts severed with toastettes are amazing! Mama Vita's offers authentic italian pasta dishes, flatbread, sandwiches and of course numerous pizza selections. Dinner is served w/fresh rolls, small spring salad. Their Pesto Pasta was exceptional, the Manicotti was served over spaghettini as was the Veal Parmesan, both were very good with a simple sweet tomato sauce but the Jamblasta was hands down phenominal! We will definately be back!Special Features:
- Used Open Table to set a reservatioOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2012Used Open Table to set a reservation for 5, then upped it to 7, then to 9. No problems at all, easily done. The serice for our all adult group was wonderful...Ercia was lead, but she got LOTS of help from everyone else on duty, so refills were fast and meals came quickly. Everyone loved their dish, with the Veggie Lasagna and Sausage Ziti getting SUPER comments! BTW, dinner time was 6pm and the place was very busy....all tables seemed to be having a great time, lots of laughing and loud conversation!Special Features:
- Pleasant evening.....greatPatsyDined on 10/25/2012Pleasant evening.....great spaghetti! Not busy because it was a weeknight. Prices a bit high.Special Features:
- slow service, over cookedhard2pleaseDined on 10/20/2012slow service, over cooked pasta with bland sauces, bottles salad dressing, overpriced wine
- UOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2012As always Mama never fails to please. Had the crab cake appetizer, holy moly please make this a regular menu it's amazing. Mallory our server was spot on as usual in her suggestions. The braciole was so good, cooked just right with a nice side of baby bakers. My wife got the BBQ chicken pizza which is a tried and true staple. We brought friends who had never eaten there and they raved about thief dishes. Great beer and wine choices as well. Do yourself a favor and visit this place, you won't regret it.Special Features:
- Love the neighborhood atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2012Love the neighborhood atmosphere. Wine store was a wonderful surprise! Service was excellent!Special Features:
- A nice family restaurant inOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/4/2012A nice family restaurant in a strip center. Could use nicer furnishings and tablecloths would be a nice touch. But most importantly, the food was very good, the service was attentive, and they had a nice wine list. AND, they allow splitting dinners without an additional charge. That made the portions perfect for the two of us 'oldsters.'Special Features:
- The owner takes great prideOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2012The owner takes great pride in making sure everything is taken care of. The service is wonderful. The wine list and wine store is great. The bar is hopping. The food is very good.Special Features:
- Service is often slow, butBrenda9200Dined on 7/24/2012Service is often slow, but with a smile and the food is great. As a local, this is a great option and so close!Special Features:
- Pizza was a hour late. WaitressbernardDined on 6/14/2012Pizza was a hour late. Waitress said too many carryout orders. I guess we shouldn't eat in there. Pizza OK but artichoke hearts were out of a can...geez.
- I have never had a bad mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012I have never had a bad meal here. Food is fresh and well prepare. Service is spotty at timesSpecial Features: