601 South Kings Drive Suite AA
Charlotte, NC 28204Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mamaricottasrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (704) 343-0148
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday, 11 am - 10 pm
Friday-Saturday, 11 am - 11 pm
Sunday, 11am - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Tom Dyrness
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Plate Perfect Catering is the full-service catering company in Charlotte, NC. With an unmatched combination of the finest foods and experienced event planners to meet each customer’s needs, our business has become wildly successful, a true stand-alone in the region.
We employ top-level staff and provide both full-service & specialty catering for any size event. From parties for two to parties for thousands, each guest is special to us. For more information please contact Plate Perfect at 704.343.0155 or visit us at www.plateperfect.com
A word from Mama Ricotta's
From the Wine Spectator Award to "Best Italian Restaurant" from Zagat, Mama Ricotta's Italian Restaurant brings to life the award-winning vision of owner Frank Scibelli. With a long, proud reputation built on authentic recipes, made from the freshest of ingredients and prepared by the finest culinary minds in the South, Mama Ricotta's restaurant is the premier Italian dining destination in Charlotte. "Upscale homestyle" is our style, and we love to bring it to you, again and again. Begin your adventure with a warm Goat Cheese and Mascarpone Dip served with grilled crostini, and then move into the warm freshness of our Penne Alla Vodka, tossed in a spicy cream tomato sauce. Or, let the subtle flavors of our Pollo Carciofi delight even your most discriminating of tastes. Our commitment to freshness is one of our most valued traditions - we even house-make our mozzarella! With nearly two decades of success, we've made it our goal to bring you only the best, with our best.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Mama Ricotta's - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Mama Ricotta's reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (70)neighborhood gem (69)special occasion (56)fit for foodies (55)great for outdoor dining (55)great for lunch (45)kid-friendly (31)notable wine list (31)romantic (30)hot spot (19)great for brunch (6)late-night find (4)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Always greatWillDined on 11/22/2014We have been here a number of times and it is always great. This is my favorite Italian RestaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Bad ServiceNNVicDined on 11/18/2014While the food was good the service left me feeling forgotten. There was a large group there and we felt that we were taking a back seat the group. Management should had enough staff to handle the group as well as 2 people celebrating an anniversary.
- Loud but goodHungaryDined on 11/15/2014Food was good, we hit at a very busy time and they kept running out of bread before our waitress could get us any. Meatballs were a little dry but overall we had a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner location in CharlotteBusinessTravelerDined on 11/13/2014This was a very nice dinner spot in Charlotte. I had the "ala Vodka" entree with Shrimp and Chicken and it was amazing. The bread is to die for. Truly a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - very crowdedsdklfjsaldkVIPDined on 11/8/2014Had another good dinner here. Food was fantastic as usual, but the place was packed. Overflowing. Great Veal Parm, but so crowded we couldn't get in the door for 5 min. Will be back, but not on a Sap night.Special Features:
- Always overbooked and late!GreenvilledinerDined on 11/8/2014I am not a regular at Mama Ricotta's, but the times that I have been there, I've had reservations and have always had to wait for a table, from 15 minutes to half an hour. The excuse? "All of our 7:30 reservations are arriving at the same time." Well, if one has a 7:30 reservation, wouldn't a restaurant anticipate that patron arriving at 7:30 and be prepared? SO, Mama Ricotta's should be a choice only if you have plenty of time to sit and wait for a table.
- Top-Notch ServiceEatEmUpDined on 11/8/2014Had one of Charlotte's best waiters taking care of us. Gave us fancy-restaurant service at casual-fare prices!
- Excellent Foodprincesst102Dined on 11/7/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Mama Ricotta's. The service was excellent, the food was delicious and the ambiance was perfect. We would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/2/2014Never eaten anything from Mama's that was not amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Always a great timeShowseerVIPDined on 11/2/2014Flawless, for what is basically a neighborhood place this restaurant maintains their superior value in so many ways. Food is wonderful even though I end up ordering the same items over and over, service is impeccable, reservations in this busy place are honored, prices are a good value, and customers leave looking forward to their next visit.Special Features:
- Loved It!MBMD89Dined on 11/1/2014We were seated at our reserved time,and once again the food was excellent. We had the Rigatoni with meat sauce in a family portion which was more than enough for 2. I have had this meal the last 4 times I have been to Mama Ricatta's because I like it so much. One of these times I'm going to try something else on the menu, but this dish is superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK with a BOGOEatoutrarelyDined on 11/1/2014A fixture in the neighborhood. Good food well served. Too noisy to socialize while eating. Go on a weeknight if you want to talk to your dining companions. Having a BOGO coupon compensated for the noise.
- Consistently excellent food!Luv2beachDined on 11/1/2014Mama Ricotta's never ceases to offer fantastic Italian dishes which are excellently prepared. Try one of the specials...always a unique and wonderful choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable Italian favoriteLuvgoodfoodDined on 10/30/2014This is where my family wants to go when they visit. It's often noisy inside, but outside on the patio it was quiet, especially as the lunch rush slowed. The outside fireplace is a nice touch. Service was attentive, and the food was quite good. Every wine we've had there was excellent. A reliable favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014You have to have th goat cheese and mascarpone dip appetizer! It is awesome. Everything was hot and came pretty quick. I had visited Mamma Ricottas for lunch and the waitress was awesome. She had asked if I had ever been there before and explained everything about the restaurant. When I returned for our anniversary dinner, the waiter was not as personable. But overall the food was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mama Ricotta's A Big MissTerim123VIPDined on 10/26/2014Not a single part of this visit went right. Ordered tea with lemon- served with little ice and no lemon, salad-wrong salad with wrong dressing. Pizza served simultaneously with salad-sent back and was put under warmer to only be re-served cold and crust hard as a rock. Service was slow and sloppy. Servers excuse was that he could not hear-go figure. The noise level was incredible. Did he ever think about asking a guest to repeat themselves.....or maybe turning the blasting music down a little. I would take my business around the corner to the fine dining establishments at Metropolitan. Not a Manager in sight or a server who cared about repeat business or the lack of. Skip this one.
- Terrible servicetia15VIPDined on 10/20/2014Terrible service! I was totally ignored my ordered wasn't written by waitress and came out wrong. Disappointed! 2nd time being ignored here!
- Surprising!fredcoatesDined on 10/19/2014Was wonderfully delighted by the lasagna... great meat sauce and a lot of cheese. Others had chicken Parmesan, penne with chicken and lemon chicken. All the dishes were fabulous and the service was great. We will be returning!Special Features:
- Comfort Italian w/ AtmosphereKeb1569Dined on 10/18/2014great italian comfort food with friendly service and fun atmosphere. A go to can't miss in Charlotte. Also they are great with kids. Veal parm and ravioli with meat sauce are faves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableJZimanVIPDined on 10/18/2014Waiter was attentive. Food pretty good. Tirimisu great. Very loud.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new favorite?timm553Dined on 10/15/2014From start to finish my Mama Ricottta's experience was a sheer pleasure. Ample close parking, friendly, attentive staff, comfortable seating, good wine, great food and a nice laid back atmosphere. Those are the reasons this may be a new "favorite" on my dining list. Man, that Alfredo sauce was the perfect sauce for my pasta and shrimp dish and there was no problem at all for them to tweak it just like I asked. I think once a week will be my schedule for visiting Mama Ricotta's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BriannaDined on 10/13/2014Our overall experience here was awesome. The food was delicious - large portions, fresh tasting ingredients. Our cocktails were very good as well and our server was funny and attentive without being overbearing. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Great for lunchJwhgraniteVIPDined on 10/12/2014We had a somewhat large party (8) and Mama's was a great choice. We ordered some items family style so we could share. The food was very good and the price was reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great ExperienceNanZVIPDined on 10/11/2014Brought a group of seven to Mama Ricotta's and all were very satisfied and pleased with the experience. The Italian food was excellent and everyone enjoyed the family style dinner. We tried the warm goat cheese dip appetizer and the Tuscan salad, and for dinner we had the penne alla vodka, chicken scallopine and the spaghetti with meatballs. Servings were more than sufficient for the group and everything was delicious. We will be back!!Special Features:
- Always On!CLTFineDinerDined on 10/10/2014Mama Ricotta's is always on! Best and most consistent Italian food in Charlotte!Special Features:
- Mama's is #1opentablefanDined on 10/6/2014I understand that Mama Ricotta's has been selected as the #1 Italian restaurant in Charlotte. I can totally understand that and it is well deserved. I've been going to this restaurant since it was at its smaller location down Kings Drive. The food is excellent, the service is always great. Only thing we think it should bring back is the true creamy Italian cheesecake but the Bread Pudding is great too. I didn't click "kid-friendly" since I've never had a problem in the past other than a little girl who decided that throwing crayons backwards which ended up coming directly at me was something fun to do. But not the restaurant's fault - completely bad parenting. Otherwise, I normally would list it as kid-friendly. Love the place.Special Features:
- Best Italian in Charlotte!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014If you're looking for a great place to have dinner with your love one or just hanging out with friends this is the best place to go. The staff is excellent, and the food is simply marvelous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousScottDined on 10/4/2014Great dinner. We had reservations and got right in. Food was great.Special Features:
- Amy Friends were impressedBurnsthb1Dined on 10/3/2014My friends had never been and it was great! The food, fellowship with friends was absolutely amazing. The ambience of the night was the right place & time for friends.Special Features:
- Dinner before the theaterLuvHealthyFoodsDined on 10/3/2014We enjoyed our dinner before the theater. The weather was nice, so we chose to sit outdoors. My chicken dish with artichoke hearts and capers had a delicious sauce. Timing was fine. Our waitress was a little pushy with wanting us to buy appetizers, wine and dessert. But overall it was a very pleasant evening.Special Features:
- Awesome food and serviceLindaVIPDined on 10/1/2014We have been here just a couple times and place it as one of our favorites. Service is always great and the food is second-to-none. I had traditional spaghetti with meatballs and it was devine. My husband had the chicken parm and he thought it one of the best he's ever had. They give very large portions so I took home more than half my meal and it was even better reheated the next day.Special Features:
- Great meal!SandmanSlimDined on 9/27/2014Mama Ricotta's always delivers with a wonderful experience. We enjoy this neighborhood gem whenever we're desiring a nice Italian meal with comfortable setting. Hope to be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Food!BranDined on 9/26/2014Excellent food and great restaurant, loved the family style portions. Service was slow but a great experienceSpecial Features:
- Milestone Birthday DisasterOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/19/2014We had a 21st "surprise" birthday party at Mama Ricottas. After booking, I called again on the day to explained the party guests would arrive at 730 and the birthday boy at 745. I was even told "we are looking forward to making this a great dining experience". At 730 the arriving guests were told they couldn't be seated until 8. After stalling and giving up, we arrived for the surprise spoiler at the front desk. Making matters worse, one of the guests order was never placed and they had to rush it together. Final straw was when, after being told they would have candles for the cake, they served us our 21st birthday cake with NO CANDLES while whispered to me "they just ran out". You can imagine the birthday wish....
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014Great Food, great service, but noise level terrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but expected a bit betteremptynesterDined on 9/17/2014We had a group of 5 and I made a reservation through Open Table. I requested a bit quieter area, thinking a corner or back of the room etc. Our table was in the middle of the room. Our server was ok, but not great. We were entertaining clients and she brought the check before even offering dessert. We had to ask. We did order 2 desserts and they were good. Our server did not seem happy. It could be that she was having a bad day and a lot on her mind. The food was good. They offer gluten free and that was one of the reasons we selected this restaurant. Our client ordered her gluten free choice but they were out of it that day. Overall, Mama Ricotta's was good. I would go again.
- Mama never disappointsalanDined on 9/12/2014It was our son's birthday and he chose Mama Ricotta's. My wife and I had been there before but several years ago. Service was very good even though the restaurant was packed. Only three minor complaints. First, it is very noisy. Second, I had the pasta with broccoli and it could have been hotter when served. Third, our son ordered a pasta and breaded chicken dish and they overcooked the chicken to the point of being blackened on the outside. Taste was good for all of the dishes. Even with the minor things - we would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kathy and TedKSTSDined on 9/12/2014We had a very nice evening and the food we ordered was very good. I would order the same meal again. We got a family dish and it was more than enough for two people. It was crowded and there were people waiting when we left. That tells you that it is a popular place in the neighborhood for eating out. It was good to see many families there with their children. For us it is the perfect spot to have dinner before going to see a Theatre Charlotte Play which we often do.Special Features:
- Always Outstanding!ToastDined on 9/6/2014The food and service is always fantastic at Mama Ricotta's. If I could choose one restaurant in Charlotte to relocate to my neighborhood it would be this one.Special Features:
- Mama Ricotta'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014My wife and I love this place. A great place for a romantic dinner for two or a great place to double date with special friends. The service was on point and the food was fantastic. From the drinks,to the appetizer,through the entrees and finishing with dessert,its always such a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.