601 South Kings Drive Suite AA
Charlotte, NC 28204Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mamaricottasrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7043430148x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday, 11 am - 10 pm
Friday-Saturday, 11 am - 11 pm
Sunday, 11am - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Tom Dyrness
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Plate Perfect Catering is the full-service catering company in Charlotte, NC. With an unmatched combination of the finest foods and experienced event planners to meet each customer’s needs, our business has become wildly successful, a true stand-alone in the region.
We employ top-level staff and provide both full-service & specialty catering for any size event. From parties for two to parties for thousands, each guest is special to us. For more information please contact Plate Perfect at 704.343.0155 or visit us at www.plateperfect.com
A word from Mama Ricotta's
From the Wine Spectator Award to "Best Italian Restaurant" from Zagat, Mama Ricotta's Italian Restaurant brings to life the award-winning vision of owner Frank Scibelli. With a long, proud reputation built on authentic recipes, made from the freshest of ingredients and prepared by the finest culinary minds in the South, Mama Ricotta's restaurant is the premier Italian dining destination in Charlotte. "Upscale homestyle" is our style, and we love to bring it to you, again and again. Begin your adventure with a warm Goat Cheese and Mascarpone Dip served with grilled crostini, and then move into the warm freshness of our Penne Alla Vodka, tossed in a spicy cream tomato sauce. Or, let the subtle flavors of our Pollo Carciofi delight even your most discriminating of tastes. Our commitment to freshness is one of our most valued traditions - we even house-make our mozzarella! With nearly two decades of success, we've made it our goal to bring you only the best, with our best.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Mama Ricotta's - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Mama Ricotta's reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (84)good for groups (75)special occasion (63)great for outdoor dining (62)fit for foodies (59)great for lunch (46)kid-friendly (40)romantic (35)notable wine list (34)hot spot (16)great for brunch (8)scenic view (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Surprising!fredcoatesDined on 10/19/2014Was wonderfully delighted by the lasagna... great meat sauce and a lot of cheese. Others had chicken Parmesan, penne with chicken and lemon chicken. All the dishes were fabulous and the service was great. We will be returning!Special Features:
- Comfort Italian w/ AtmosphereKeb1569Dined on 10/18/2014great italian comfort food with friendly service and fun atmosphere. A go to can't miss in Charlotte. Also they are great with kids. Veal parm and ravioli with meat sauce are faves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableJZimanVIPDined on 10/18/2014Waiter was attentive. Food pretty good. Tirimisu great. Very loud.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new favorite?timm553Dined on 10/15/2014From start to finish my Mama Ricottta's experience was a sheer pleasure. Ample close parking, friendly, attentive staff, comfortable seating, good wine, great food and a nice laid back atmosphere. Those are the reasons this may be a new "favorite" on my dining list. Man, that Alfredo sauce was the perfect sauce for my pasta and shrimp dish and there was no problem at all for them to tweak it just like I asked. I think once a week will be my schedule for visiting Mama Ricotta's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BriannaDined on 10/13/2014Our overall experience here was awesome. The food was delicious - large portions, fresh tasting ingredients. Our cocktails were very good as well and our server was funny and attentive without being overbearing. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Great for lunchJwhgraniteDined on 10/12/2014We had a somewhat large party (8) and Mama's was a great choice. We ordered some items family style so we could share. The food was very good and the price was reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great ExperienceNanZVIPDined on 10/11/2014Brought a group of seven to Mama Ricotta's and all were very satisfied and pleased with the experience. The Italian food was excellent and everyone enjoyed the family style dinner. We tried the warm goat cheese dip appetizer and the Tuscan salad, and for dinner we had the penne alla vodka, chicken scallopine and the spaghetti with meatballs. Servings were more than sufficient for the group and everything was delicious. We will be back!!Special Features:
- Always On!CLTFineDinerDined on 10/10/2014Mama Ricotta's is always on! Best and most consistent Italian food in Charlotte!Special Features:
- Mama's is #1opentablefanDined on 10/6/2014I understand that Mama Ricotta's has been selected as the #1 Italian restaurant in Charlotte. I can totally understand that and it is well deserved. I've been going to this restaurant since it was at its smaller location down Kings Drive. The food is excellent, the service is always great. Only thing we think it should bring back is the true creamy Italian cheesecake but the Bread Pudding is great too. I didn't click "kid-friendly" since I've never had a problem in the past other than a little girl who decided that throwing crayons backwards which ended up coming directly at me was something fun to do. But not the restaurant's fault - completely bad parenting. Otherwise, I normally would list it as kid-friendly. Love the place.Special Features:
- Best Italian in Charlotte!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014If you're looking for a great place to have dinner with your love one or just hanging out with friends this is the best place to go. The staff is excellent, and the food is simply marvelous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousScottDined on 10/4/2014Great dinner. We had reservations and got right in. Food was great.Special Features:
- Amy Friends were impressedBurnsthb1Dined on 10/3/2014My friends had never been and it was great! The food, fellowship with friends was absolutely amazing. The ambience of the night was the right place & time for friends.Special Features:
- Awesome food and serviceLindaVIPDined on 10/1/2014We have been here just a couple times and place it as one of our favorites. Service is always great and the food is second-to-none. I had traditional spaghetti with meatballs and it was devine. My husband had the chicken parm and he thought it one of the best he's ever had. They give very large portions so I took home more than half my meal and it was even better reheated the next day.Special Features:
- Great meal!SandmanSlimDined on 9/27/2014Mama Ricotta's always delivers with a wonderful experience. We enjoy this neighborhood gem whenever we're desiring a nice Italian meal with comfortable setting. Hope to be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Food!BranDined on 9/26/2014Excellent food and great restaurant, loved the family style portions. Service was slow but a great experienceSpecial Features:
- Milestone Birthday DisasterOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/19/2014We had a 21st "surprise" birthday party at Mama Ricottas. After booking, I called again on the day to explained the party guests would arrive at 730 and the birthday boy at 745. I was even told "we are looking forward to making this a great dining experience". At 730 the arriving guests were told they couldn't be seated until 8. After stalling and giving up, we arrived for the surprise spoiler at the front desk. Making matters worse, one of the guests order was never placed and they had to rush it together. Final straw was when, after being told they would have candles for the cake, they served us our 21st birthday cake with NO CANDLES while whispered to me "they just ran out". You can imagine the birthday wish....
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014Great Food, great service, but noise level terrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but expected a bit betteremptynesterDined on 9/17/2014We had a group of 5 and I made a reservation through Open Table. I requested a bit quieter area, thinking a corner or back of the room etc. Our table was in the middle of the room. Our server was ok, but not great. We were entertaining clients and she brought the check before even offering dessert. We had to ask. We did order 2 desserts and they were good. Our server did not seem happy. It could be that she was having a bad day and a lot on her mind. The food was good. They offer gluten free and that was one of the reasons we selected this restaurant. Our client ordered her gluten free choice but they were out of it that day. Overall, Mama Ricotta's was good. I would go again.
- Mama never disappointsalanDined on 9/12/2014It was our son's birthday and he chose Mama Ricotta's. My wife and I had been there before but several years ago. Service was very good even though the restaurant was packed. Only three minor complaints. First, it is very noisy. Second, I had the pasta with broccoli and it could have been hotter when served. Third, our son ordered a pasta and breaded chicken dish and they overcooked the chicken to the point of being blackened on the outside. Taste was good for all of the dishes. Even with the minor things - we would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kathy and TedKSTSDined on 9/12/2014We had a very nice evening and the food we ordered was very good. I would order the same meal again. We got a family dish and it was more than enough for two people. It was crowded and there were people waiting when we left. That tells you that it is a popular place in the neighborhood for eating out. It was good to see many families there with their children. For us it is the perfect spot to have dinner before going to see a Theatre Charlotte Play which we often do.Special Features:
- Always Outstanding!ToastDined on 9/6/2014The food and service is always fantastic at Mama Ricotta's. If I could choose one restaurant in Charlotte to relocate to my neighborhood it would be this one.Special Features:
- Mama Ricotta'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014My wife and I love this place. A great place for a romantic dinner for two or a great place to double date with special friends. The service was on point and the food was fantastic. From the drinks,to the appetizer,through the entrees and finishing with dessert,its always such a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian delighttrebidDined on 9/5/2014The food tasted fresh and was delivered in a reasonable amount of time. The server was pleasant and informative. We had a good timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/2/2014Danny was excellent server, very attentive. The food was great and the desserts were excellent.Special Features:
- Always great service!RJAbbeVIPDined on 8/29/2014The food is always amazing, and they offer a great deal of gluten free options as far as pasta goes. My wife never has any trouble getting a great meal--and this was actually the first place we felt comfortable eating GF! The service is always great, and they are kid-friendly. We went during a busy time, with many families eating, and we never felt like our talkative 15-month-old was any louder than the rest of the diners. Very welcoming atmosphere! We love Mama Ricottas!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/26/2014Amazing food as always! Their bread, desserts and pastas are top-notch. Service was spotty but food made up for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food consisently goodTPDinerVIPDined on 8/25/2014Would recommend putting prices on your beverage menu: $6.50 for a pint of Peroni draft beer is the most expensive draft beer in Charlotte.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemPrbayVIPDined on 8/25/2014Enjoyed a wonderful lunch. Good quality Italian food with great serviceSpecial Features:
- My Experience with Open TableBible4u2Dined on 8/23/2014Open Table has become my good friend when it comes to making reservation for dining, lunch and /or romantic in and out-door places. With Open Table, it is easy and convenient to make your reservation, to choose from a precise list of restaurants, the food and price.So rely on Open Table for your romantic and other occasions for your future reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood restaurantsuziequeDined on 8/23/2014Haven't been back to Mama's for awhile. No reason, but sorry we weren't back sooner. Still a great neighborhood restaurant and more. Traveled from Fort Mill, SC and it was worth the trip. Food, service still great. Will definitely be back sooner than later.Special Features:
- ebl1Dined on 8/23/2014As always food and service was very good! We will definitely be coming back soon.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceTevegalDined on 8/17/2014Wait staff was excellent! We had a party of 8 and all special requests were honored(food allergy issue) with finesse. Food was excellent. Our group had an assortment from Cioppino, to lasagna, to Pollo Blanco and all were delectableSpecial Features:
- sweet 16Sweet16Dined on 8/14/2014I celebrated my sweet 16. It was a great experience. It allowed my friends and I to really enjoy and talk with one another. We sat at a round table and we ate family style. My parents found this to be very affordable .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodMrsKDined on 8/8/2014The salad, pasta, and cannoli was wonderful. It is great food, but because of the amount of small children present and noise level, it is better for groups and not for a romantic evening.Special Features:
- Great mealluv2eatDined on 8/8/2014My son enjoyed the penna alla vodka and I liked the pollo bianco. The tiramisu was outstanding as well. Great mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent LunchMissy45Dined on 8/8/2014Went here for my birthday with my parents and siblings- it was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BlessingBreesfoodDined on 8/3/2014The best decision I made for my birthday I don't usaually like everyone's pasta but I had the best service and food and it was at a great price. I will surely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!VivaItaliaDined on 8/2/2014I can eat Italian everyday, all day. This place has great food.Special Features:
- Girls' Night OuthappyVIPDined on 8/2/2014We had a great time at our Girls' Night Out! Our waiter helped us select a nice bottle of wine to get the evening started. The food and the service were very good and we had a great time!Special Features:
- Great foodThugRunnerDined on 8/2/2014We came in from out of town looking for a great little gem and tired of chain restaurants. So it was a real treat to find Mama Ricotta's down home cooking with all the classic Italian dishes and some unique ones with a rustic flare. Our family will be dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.