601 South Kings Drive Suite AA
Charlotte, NC 28204Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mamaricottasrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7043430148x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday, 11 am - 10 pm
Friday-Saturday, 11 am - 11 pm
Sunday, 11am - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Tom Dyrness
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Plate Perfect Catering is the full-service catering company in Charlotte, NC. With an unmatched combination of the finest foods and experienced event planners to meet each customer’s needs, our business has become wildly successful, a true stand-alone in the region.
We employ top-level staff and provide both full-service & specialty catering for any size event. From parties for two to parties for thousands, each guest is special to us. For more information please contact Plate Perfect at 704.343.0155 or visit us at www.plateperfect.com
A word from Mama Ricotta's
From the Wine Spectator Award to "Best Italian Restaurant" from Zagat, Mama Ricotta's Italian Restaurant brings to life the award-winning vision of owner Frank Scibelli. With a long, proud reputation built on authentic recipes, made from the freshest of ingredients and prepared by the finest culinary minds in the South, Mama Ricotta's restaurant is the premier Italian dining destination in Charlotte. "Upscale homestyle" is our style, and we love to bring it to you, again and again. Begin your adventure with a warm Goat Cheese and Mascarpone Dip served with grilled crostini, and then move into the warm freshness of our Penne Alla Vodka, tossed in a spicy cream tomato sauce. Or, let the subtle flavors of our Pollo Carciofi delight even your most discriminating of tastes. Our commitment to freshness is one of our most valued traditions - we even house-make our mozzarella! With nearly two decades of success, we've made it our goal to bring you only the best, with our best.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Mama Ricotta's - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Mama Ricotta's reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (72)good for groups (64)special occasion (53)great for outdoor dining (44)fit for foodies (44)great for lunch (36)romantic (35)notable wine list (31)kid-friendly (31)hot spot (14)great for brunch (7)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Milestone Birthday DisasterOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/19/2014We had a 21st "surprise" birthday party at Mama Ricottas. After booking, I called again on the day to explained the party guests would arrive at 730 and the birthday boy at 745. I was even told "we are looking forward to making this a great dining experience". At 730 the arriving guests were told they couldn't be seated until 8. After stalling and giving up, we arrived for the surprise spoiler at the front desk. Making matters worse, one of the guests order was never placed and they had to rush it together. Final straw was when, after being told they would have candles for the cake, they served us our 21st birthday cake with NO CANDLES while whispered to me "they just ran out". You can imagine the birthday wish....
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014Great Food, great service, but noise level terrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but expected a bit betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014We had a group of 5 and I made a reservation through Open Table. I requested a bit quieter area, thinking a corner or back of the room etc. Our table was in the middle of the room. Our server was ok, but not great. We were entertaining clients and she brought the check before even offering dessert. We had to ask. We did order 2 desserts and they were good. Our server did not seem happy. It could be that she was having a bad day and a lot on her mind. The food was good. They offer gluten free and that was one of the reasons we selected this restaurant. Our client ordered her gluten free choice but they were out of it that day. Overall, Mama Ricotta's was good. I would go again.
- Mama never disappointsalanDined on 9/12/2014It was our son's birthday and he chose Mama Ricotta's. My wife and I had been there before but several years ago. Service was very good even though the restaurant was packed. Only three minor complaints. First, it is very noisy. Second, I had the pasta with broccoli and it could have been hotter when served. Third, our son ordered a pasta and breaded chicken dish and they overcooked the chicken to the point of being blackened on the outside. Taste was good for all of the dishes. Even with the minor things - we would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kathy and TedKSTSDined on 9/12/2014We had a very nice evening and the food we ordered was very good. I would order the same meal again. We got a family dish and it was more than enough for two people. It was crowded and there were people waiting when we left. That tells you that it is a popular place in the neighborhood for eating out. It was good to see many families there with their children. For us it is the perfect spot to have dinner before going to see a Theatre Charlotte Play which we often do.Special Features:
- Always Outstanding!ToastDined on 9/6/2014The food and service is always fantastic at Mama Ricotta's. If I could choose one restaurant in Charlotte to relocate to my neighborhood it would be this one.Special Features:
- Mama Ricotta'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014My wife and I love this place. A great place for a romantic dinner for two or a great place to double date with special friends. The service was on point and the food was fantastic. From the drinks,to the appetizer,through the entrees and finishing with dessert,its always such a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian delighttrebidDined on 9/5/2014The food tasted fresh and was delivered in a reasonable amount of time. The server was pleasant and informative. We had a good timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/2/2014Danny was excellent server, very attentive. The food was great and the desserts were excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/26/2014Amazing food as always! Their bread, desserts and pastas are top-notch. Service was spotty but food made up for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food consisently goodTPDinerVIPDined on 8/25/2014Would recommend putting prices on your beverage menu: $6.50 for a pint of Peroni draft beer is the most expensive draft beer in Charlotte.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemPrbayVIPDined on 8/25/2014Enjoyed a wonderful lunch. Good quality Italian food with great serviceSpecial Features:
- My Experience with Open TableBible4u2Dined on 8/23/2014Open Table has become my good friend when it comes to making reservation for dining, lunch and /or romantic in and out-door places. With Open Table, it is easy and convenient to make your reservation, to choose from a precise list of restaurants, the food and price.So rely on Open Table for your romantic and other occasions for your future reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood restaurantsuziequeDined on 8/23/2014Haven't been back to Mama's for awhile. No reason, but sorry we weren't back sooner. Still a great neighborhood restaurant and more. Traveled from Fort Mill, SC and it was worth the trip. Food, service still great. Will definitely be back sooner than later.Special Features:
- ebl1Dined on 8/23/2014As always food and service was very good! We will definitely be coming back soon.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceTevegalDined on 8/17/2014Wait staff was excellent! We had a party of 8 and all special requests were honored(food allergy issue) with finesse. Food was excellent. Our group had an assortment from Cioppino, to lasagna, to Pollo Blanco and all were delectableSpecial Features:
- sweet 16Sweet16Dined on 8/14/2014I celebrated my sweet 16. It was a great experience. It allowed my friends and I to really enjoy and talk with one another. We sat at a round table and we ate family style. My parents found this to be very affordable .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodMrsKDined on 8/8/2014The salad, pasta, and cannoli was wonderful. It is great food, but because of the amount of small children present and noise level, it is better for groups and not for a romantic evening.Special Features:
- Great mealluv2eatDined on 8/8/2014My son enjoyed the penna alla vodka and I liked the pollo bianco. The tiramisu was outstanding as well. Great mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent LunchMissy45Dined on 8/8/2014Went here for my birthday with my parents and siblings- it was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BlessingBreesfoodDined on 8/3/2014The best decision I made for my birthday I don't usaually like everyone's pasta but I had the best service and food and it was at a great price. I will surely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!VivaItaliaDined on 8/2/2014I can eat Italian everyday, all day. This place has great food.Special Features:
- Girls' Night OuthappyVIPDined on 8/2/2014We had a great time at our Girls' Night Out! Our waiter helped us select a nice bottle of wine to get the evening started. The food and the service were very good and we had a great time!Special Features:
- Great foodThugRunnerDined on 8/2/2014We came in from out of town looking for a great little gem and tired of chain restaurants. So it was a real treat to find Mama Ricotta's down home cooking with all the classic Italian dishes and some unique ones with a rustic flare. Our family will be dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finer dining that is kid friendlyfoodie96Dined on 8/1/2014The food was fantastic. The service was great. The wine selection is out of this world. And we were able to take our children! What a wonderful combination. Highly recommend the warm goat cheese and marscapone dip appetizer. The penne alla vodka is another excellent choice for an entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it butNotafoodieDined on 7/29/2014Great service. Calamari app was delicious. Bread and olive oil was yummy. Beef Marsala was great. But the Pollo Romano had spent too much time in the oven and should never have left the kitchen. Finished off with the amazing Nutella PieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We had a few issues while we were there--nothing too bad-- but the waitress and the manager were very apologetic and accommodating. The food was delicious. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!!ImNOFoodieDined on 7/24/2014We were there for restaurant week so it was busier than I recall from previous visits, but the food was amazing. We had 4 amazing courses but the portions were perfect so I actually got to enjoy all 4 courses. The Panna Cotta was perfect, might be my new favorite. The Penne alla Vodka was mouthwatering. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a good, authentic Italian dish in Charlotte. Our server was on the ball all night which made the experience even more enjoyable. We will be going back, often!Special Features:
- Yummy!sheilae88Dined on 7/23/2014I have been to Mama Ricotta's a few times, and I've always enjoyed it. My favorite entrée is their chicken parmesan, and when I saw it was on the Restaurant Week menu, my sister and I had to go. I thought they might give tiny portions because of the fixed menu, but I was wrong! I got the salad and my sister got the bruschetta for our apps, and they were both good. We each loved the chicken parmesan as our entrée, and who wouldn't love Nutella cannoli for dessert? The only real issue was that our reservation was at 8, and we didn't get seated until 8:15 because people were lingering - that is a big issue with Restaurant Week in general, so I don't blame Mama Ricotta's for that one. All in all, great experience, and we'll be coming back!Special Features:
- Tastey!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/23/2014Our meal from start to finish (four courses) was well presented, arrived timely and tasted very good. All food tasted fresh and homemade. We will return!Special Features:
- OH MAMA!!BrettskyDined on 7/23/2014Whoa, that place has the BEST Italian food around. Great atmosphere and great service. We made reservations on their website. I requested a nice table for my wife's birthday. We arrived at the specified time, and we were seated immediately at a great table. I highly recommend using the reservation service. It can get pretty busy around dinner time. If you have not been to Mama Ricotta's yet. Your are missing out...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lexiDined on 7/20/2014Very efficient, friendly staff. Excellent service. Delicious food. Portions were quite generous. A wonderful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a lot of food for the Queen's feastfrenchieDined on 7/20/2014you certainly have your $30 worth of food. the home made mozzarella was a little plain but very good after adding salt and pepper, the home made cheese ravioli were delicious, the shrimps were good, as well as the desert. The problem we were not hungry any more. All in all, a good place to go any time, very reasonably priced and certain item are really very good.Special Features:
- Ms. PageMamaof3Dined on 7/20/2014Our dinner was excellent, the service was also and no complaints on the drinks either. I would highly recommend Mama Ricotta's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Use to love this placeDoodlemomDined on 7/20/2014Maybe we hit it on a bad night, but my food just wasn't up to par with my past experiences. It's been awhile, I wonder if something changed?
- Went for Charlotte Restaurant WeekSCsFoodyLouDined on 7/20/2014Loved the penne alla vodka... Will return to try other items on the menu since everything sounded so good.Special Features:
- Service Excellent, Food Awful!ItalianloverDined on 7/20/2014Waited a few moments before being greeted. Very friendly staff. The Veal Parmesan tasted like the veal patties were brought in frozen and then dumped into a fryer. Very nasty. Had an awful greasy taste. Soup was good. Chopped Salad started out good but after a while, it started to have a bad taste. Not sure why this restaurant was voted best Italian food. We love to eat Italian foods and have tried numerous Italian Restaurants. This was by far, THE WORST.
- Don't let location fool youPavlavsK9Dined on 7/19/2014Despite numerous positive reviews, I never gave serious thought about eating here on a date night because it's located at the end of a strip mall. The food exceeded our expectations. The attire of the patrons was casual business/casual so people were comfortable but we went prior to going uptown for drinks and felt a little overdressed. Very extensive menu and the food was delicious. Servers were knowledgeable and provided the right amount of attention throughout our meal. We are definitely going back and would recommend this to anyone looking for a great Italian meal at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Careful on Queen's Feast nightItalian1masterDined on 7/19/2014The food was great and the portions were very large for a Queen's Feast pairing. We both ordered the 4 course special for $30 each. The wine was discounted at 20% based upon if you selected the Queen's Feast menu, which we did. The only real issue was the delay between courses based upon the turnout. The restaurant could have prepared more.Special Features:
- Delicious food!MandyRDined on 7/19/2014We will definitely be back to Mama Ricotta's! It's about a 45 min drive from our home, but it was absolutely worth it. Every dish was perfectly seasoned and delicious and the service was excellent. They have a very extensive wine list and a full bar. The weather was nice so we sat outside for a quieter experience. The restaurant was full so it was rather noisy inside as you would expect with a packed place. The manager stopped by and chatted with us which was very nice. Definitely a new favorite date night spot for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.