Mama Mia's - Hollywood
1818 South Young Circle
Hollywood, FL 33020Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Mama Mia's - Hollywood
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.miagrill.com/
- Phone: 9549230555
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:00am
Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 1:00am
Sunday 1:00pm - 11:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Joseph Franco
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Tray Menu Trays Feed 10-12 People(Please Allow 5 Hours For Prep Time)(24 Hours For Items With A *)SALADSHouse Salad /Dressing$19.95Caesar Salad$19.95
Garlic Bread(3Dz)$11.95PASTAPasta W/Meatballs$39.95
Lasagna(12Pcs.)$44.95Baked Ziti$43.95Rigatoni Bolognese$47.95
Penne Ala Vodk$49.95Raviolis$44.95CHICKENPenne W/Chicken Broccoli Creamy Garlic$49.95Chicken Parmigiana$49.95Chicken Francese$54.95Chicken Marsala$54.95VEGETARIANPenne Primavera$34.95Vegetable Lasagna (12pcs.)*$39.95Broccoli, Garlic & Oil W/ Rigatoni$39.95Eggplant Rollatini$44.95
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party Room Menus
50% Deposit required to reserve Private Party Room.
Full Payment required 3 days prior to event.
- Private Party Contact: Heather Blank 9549230555
A word from Mama Mia's - Hollywood
From the heart of Italy to the center of downtown Hollywood, Mama Mia brings you the most exquisite dishes in Florida. The warm atmosphere and the enticing scents invite you to spend a wonderful moment with your family and friends. With over 25 years of experience in Italian cuisine, chef and owner Joseph Franco combines fresh ingredients with his culinary talent to create Italian dishes. For over 20 years, Mama Mia has been the recipient of several awards such as best Italian food in South Florida. Our award winning cuisine provides customers with unique dinner and lunch options that include homemade pasta, a variety of steak cuts, and the freshest South Florida seafood. In addition to our delicious recipes, Mama Mia has the best selection of exclusive wines from Europe, South America and the United States. Mama Mia is not only a restaurant, it's a place for the community to come together. The City of Hollywood has also recognized the us for contributing to better our community.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Mama Mia's - Hollywood - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Mama Mia's - Hollywood reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (15)fit for foodies (12)special occasion (10)kid-friendly (10)notable wine list (10)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (9)great for outdoor dining (9)scenic view (8)hot spot (8)romantic (6)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)Show More
- Horrible musicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014This was the first time my wife and i went here and it will be the last time. Made a reservation for Saturday evening when we get there not busy at all after we seat and look over the high priced menu we order our meals we hear music coming from above us and not the kind of tunes that a high end restaurant should be playing techno music is club music not what people lesson to in there 50s.They put our dinners in a box paid the bill and left.
- RISOTTOFamilyof5Dined on 8/22/2014The chef comes around with her cooking table and prepared in front of you the BEST MUSHROOM RISOTTO you will ever have in your life. It is prepared in a Locatelli cheese wheel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- windyjjVIPDined on 8/19/2014food was delicious!!!!! atmosphere was spot on!!!!! that jumbo meatball....... yum yumSpecial Features:
- Buen Restaurant de comida ItalianaEXCELENTEDined on 7/20/2014buen restaurant de comida Italiana, buenos precios, buena ubicacion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummmy Mama Mia!!1DivaVIPDined on 6/26/2014As USUAL, we had a WONDERFUL dinner at Mama Mia's. I had their Shrimp, stuffed with Crab Meat. it was melt in your mouth "VINTAGE" Mama Mia. My dining companion opted for their Chopped Salad,--which is served in such a HUGE portion,-- it could be a Main Course Salad dish. He then had their delicious Eggplant Parmagiana,--which tasted Divine! The rolls (whether they be Garlic or Plain) that are served before dinner,-- are beyond DELICIOUS. The bar was ROCKING this particular Thursday night,--with their NEW Thursday nite promotion of FREE Martinis for WOMEN. It has on-goingly been well attended by a well-dressed, up-scale crowd. Mama Mia's always has Superb Food, Gr8 Service, Huge Portions and Comfortable Seating. Mama's is a GEM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious ItalianYummyDined on 6/19/2014Great Italian and a sushi menu from next door is also available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stir it Up Thursdays at Mama Mia's1DivaVIPDined on 6/5/2014They have a new promotion at Mama Mia's on Thursdays, called Stir it UP Thursdays. Women drink FREE Martinis all nite, on Thurdays, AT the bar. They also serve little bar bites, that nite. I always have LOVED Mama Mia's, because of their EXCELLENT cuisine, their gracious service, the friendliness of their management ( their managers, Vito and Steve) and their reasonable prices, coupled with their HUGE portions. This new promotion is an additional reason that you will find me at Mama Mia's EVERY Thursday nite. After, my Martini (at the bar), the dinner my friend and I had was EXCEPTIONAL. We always have their chopped salad, filled to the BRIM with delicious veggies. Then their fish choices are ALWAYS a WIN!! Mama Mia's is a GEM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not for a romantic dinnerAlejoDined on 5/31/2014I reserved in Open Table hoping for a nice quiet romantic dinner with my wife. The restaurant had families eating with noisy children, so it was not the best place, however it was late to go elsewhere. My wife asked for the stuffed big shrimps )or something like it. It was dry and not very tasty. It was not cheap.Special Features:
- Amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/26/2014The food here was fantastic!! The service impeccable! The bartender was on point!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Cuisine in HollywoodDiamondGirl1999Dined on 5/16/2014I had the chicken parm my husband had the ossobucco, it was cooked to perfection. We had the spicy calamari for an appetizer; it was very good! The staff was friendly and professional. They make a very good apple martini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FREE Martinis for ladies Thursdays1DivaVIPDined on 5/15/2014I had a fabulous lunch, with several friends, at Mama Mia's. Steve, the gracious manager, told us about a FREE Martini event, scheduled for Thursday evenings, in their lounge. It is sponsored by SVEDKA Vodka. Ladies will have FREE Martinis , starting at 6 P.M.,-- in their lounge. These martinis will be accompanied by FREE Strombolis. We always enjoy the food, service and ambiance at Mama Mia's. Their portions are huge--and, enough food, for another meal. Their food is like GRANDMA used to make. The service is always implemented graciously. There are wonderful menu choices. They have a chopped salad that is a meal in itself. Their fish choices are always tasty and nutritious. And, desserts are a "WOW." Mama Mia's is a GEM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicelunchwithmomDined on 5/11/2014Second time at this restaurant with my 86-year-old mother, who lives in Hollywood, FL (I visit from Jupiter, FL). Our first visit was for her birthday in January, and she enjoyed it so much that she picked it as the place to go for Mother's Day. Really wonderful food and service (professional waiters instead of teenagers working a summer job), very nice restaurant - only complaints are that it can be loud, which makes it difficult for seniors to hear, and parking - not much available (my mom refused to be dropped off in front, so we had to walk 2 blocks with her walker). Not sure that much can be done about either issue, and the pros surely outweigh the cons - still had a wonderful meal and will be sure to visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 72 reviews are from the Mama Mia's - Hollywood reviews archive.
- Consistently Delicious ItalianChuquigirlVIPDined on 4/19/2014We've fined half a dozen times here and love the dinners and yummy sauces , complimentary garlic rolls, generous portions and caring service including Vito the manager who is devoted to excellence. Extra treats include an amuse bouche drink and the best capuccino anywhere. Love it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT PLACE FOR YEARS***BUGGYDined on 4/12/2014SERVICE - 10+ FOOD - 10+ A GREAT PLACVE TO ENJOY DINNERSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always genuine and polishedopfoodieDined on 4/6/2014Take your pick of great homemade Italian or sushi without visiting 2 different places. I love the garlic rolls, tempura shrimp and lobster Mac & cheese! The fish is perfectly cooked. The crew knows your name, provides unobtrusive service and serves drinks right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waited and waitedRipleyeatsDined on 4/6/2014This restaurant is promoted on their site and in guidebooks as kid friendly. We made reservations on open table and when we arrived the host seemed surprised we had a reservation. We were given an only choice of a high top table in the bar area. We had hungry kids so we agreed. No high chair or booster would work. We waited 30 minutes without 1 person stopping to ask us for our drink order or anything. We got up and left and when the host asked why we said no one had talked to us in 30 minutes. We had poor service but we also overheard servers complaining to the host that there were "too many tables" to handle! Poor, poor restaurant management.
- Not ready never heard of open tableMworldDined on 4/6/2014New manger was not up to date never heard of open table.....Special Features:
- Unethical favoritism/Lack of hospitculinarycriticDined on 3/29/2014Reserved 7 hours in advance for a birthday.. When I arrive I found myself going back and forth with the manager about them not having our reservation.. what is sad is that I actually had to show them a confirmation on my phone to prove to them I was not lying. Surprisingly the owner/manager had some cop buddies come in and they decided to have them take our reservation. Their definition of accommodating is to have my party which included 2 newborn children to sit outside when it had just rained and was expected to continue, they than had the balls to tell us to sit at the high tables next to the bar, apparently disregarding that would be impossible with 2 babies. Customers beware! Unethical practices.
- Cannot recommendgeezerDined on 3/27/2014My pasta and osso bucco dish were very salty. None of our three entrees met our expectations. The service was professional. Seating inside is noisy we therefore chose to sit outdoors-a good option. Apparently they offer an early bird-that may be a better option-I found that our regular priced entrees were not worth "the price of admission".
- Good Classic ItalianDudiDined on 3/26/2014The food was great, the environment was a little basic, a large dining room that was pretty dated. Service was wonderful, great bread and menu selections. If you like ambiance, this is not the place to go. Kid friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great findJazzybVIPDined on 3/15/2014Our friends suggested that we come down to Hollywood to go to Mama Mia's because they have been there and loved it! We loved it, too! Shelly was so friendly and attentive to us! Our food was brought out and the portions were gigantic! I have had 4 meals off my bone-in Veal Parmigiana - it was so good! Everyone's dinner was delicious and we would definitely go back! Thanks Shelly for making it a great anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum Yum!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2014My boyfriend and I went out for date night and the food was amazing and the service was excellent. Glen was great and I had to tell the manager how great his service was. I had one of the specials which was snapper and shrimp! I will be back for sure!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and not goodbubbie5VIPDined on 2/26/201410 of us went for the Wednesday pasta special on February 26 which we saw on open table when it came time to order we were told there is no such thing anymore even though web site said updated February 22. After saying we would leave were told ok for this time , Other than the pasta special the food was overpriced and not good. Would not recommend this place to anyone nor will we return
- Mama Mia's is ALWAYS FABULOUS!1DivaVIPDined on 2/21/2014EVERYONE in our group LOVED the ambiance, the service, but most importantly,-- THE FOOD at Mama Mia's. The food is DELICIOUS , with many choices for people who are EVEN watching their weight. Their salads and fish dishes are a wonderful way to dine,-- HEALTHFULLY. We all had different choices for our entrees,-- and EACH and EVERY choice was satisfying and served in a HUGE portion. We all took home "doggie bags" for another meal. The bread served on the table is fabulous. Try one of their tasty soups. I love their lobster bisque served in a "tureen" of BREAD. My friends had their pasta fagioli --which was great. Our main courses were accompanied by sides of delicious pasta. It was a UNANIMOUS decision that dinner was EXCEPTIONAL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mama Mia's Is a WINNER!1DivaVIPDined on 2/17/2014My waiter, Joey, always helps to make my dining experience at Mama Mia's very enjoyable. He is very accommodating, attentive and gracious. His service coupled, with the wide choices of delicious food, makes Mama Mia's a Gr8 place for lunch and/or dinner. The prices at Mama's are very reasonable, and the portions are always so BIG. This restaurant is a WINNER!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy.BeatriceDined on 2/15/2014I've been to Mama Mia several times, the last visit was a disappointment, the tables were too close together, it was very noisy, poor lighting (one could barely read the menu) prices went up and the selections were not as numerous as before. Regrettably, I will not go there again. It used to be a much better place the have a nice dinner.
- goodniceitalianDined on 2/14/2014Great food but it was Valentine's night and we have to wait more than an hour to eat, even that we have reservations. I will go back in a not busy day. Food was delicious, great place to beSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatPG917VIPDined on 2/10/2014The food here is good but not great. The food is consistent but nothing stood out as being excellent. Service is nice and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love Mama Mia's Food/Cooking!!1DivaVIPDined on 2/6/2014I took my friend to Mama Mia's for her FIRST visit. She loved the food, the ambiance, the service and the prices. We used a charitydine DISCOUNT dining voucher, which made the prices even MORE reasonable. The portions are so HUGE-- that we BOTH took home "doggie bags." I love Mama Mia's, because I can ALWAYS count on a delicious meal, a friendly atmosphere and an extra portion to take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummyjaccik1Dined on 1/24/2014The food here is always great. Never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice for traditional fareLivingOnTheBeachVIPDined on 1/18/2014Although I enjoyed my meal,as did my friends, I had hoped for more healthy choice options. Veal, chicken and meat lovers would be very pleased with preparation and freshness. However, I had hoped for a grilled fish filet or one in a light sauce. However, menu offered more traditional fried options.Special Features:
- Good service, mixed bagDhanVIPDined on 1/17/2014Mama Mia's has potential; some entrees were very good but were very delayed even though we had reservations and were promptly seated. Our server was excellent. The cannolis were very disappointing; we have had much better even at places that do not specialize in Italian food.
- Maybe a point of dinging here!!AlterEgoDined on 1/11/2014We are from Canada and come to the area frequently. We always make a point of dining here while we are in the area. Great staff great food. Great times. You will not be dissapppiintedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mamma Mia birthday dinnerSnitchellDined on 1/2/2014The service was generally attentive and the food was very tasty. The portions are huge. Great for sharing dishes. Unfortunately the service between starters and main course was very slow and the staff complained the kitchen was backed up. But the manager comped one of the main course dishes to acknowledge the problem and apologized. Overall I would recommend this restaurant for a family dinner. We celebrated a birthday and the staff was very accommodating.Special Features:
- We arrived to the restaurantBenitoDined on 12/31/2013We arrived to the restaurant on time and we were immediately seated, although there was a line for those without reservations. The waiter was knowledgeable and courteous. I believe that all personnel were very nice and courteous. We preferred to buy wine by the glass and their selection for this choice was not great. The servings were generous and the food was just fine, not bad but not outstanding either. I would say that the best of all was that we could have dinner with wine at a nice place for around $50 per person. I recommend this place unless you have very high expectations of setting and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy New Year!HappyDinerDined on 12/31/2013On New Year's Eve we had reservations for our first-time dinner at Mama Mia's. Even though it was a very busy evening, the service was very good and the food was on-time and hot. The $34.95 holiday special was surprisingly robust and generous -- far more than we had expected. The Penne alla Vodka was superb, the lobster and steak nicely prepared. We were also pleased to have valet service for the car in this busy neighborhood. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mama Mia's Hits The Mark Again!1DivaVIPDined on 11/29/2013We had lunch at Mama Mia's. It was reasonably priced--and the food was GR8!! Joey, the waiter, was EXCELLENT. This restaurant CONSISTENTLY hits "the Mark." I always leave with a doggie bag, because the portions are HUMONGUS! We used a charitydine voucher,-- which gave us an additional discount. This is a gr8 restaurant at which to have your ANNUAL Xmas party. Mama is a FABULOUS cook!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving DinnerPatCDined on 11/28/2013We had a wonderful dinner on Thanksgiving at Mama Mia's. With its name, I expected some old, homey Italian restaurant. Instead, it was a very modern, chic restaurant with delicious food. I would definitely dine there again should we travel to the Fort Lauderdale area again. For approx. $22.00, we had cream of turkey soup, caesar salad, a pasta dish, turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, and tiramisu (choice of that or pumpkin pie, but I don't believe in putting vegetables in desserts!).Special Features:
- A perfect evening !ChuquigirlVIPDined on 11/9/2013My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed this model style Italian restaurant with fabulous food and service . Our buttlerfly veal was outstanding and huge and we enjoyed the l amuse bouche brought before we even ordered as well. I can't say enough about how attentive everybody was and we will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Excellent food, fair prices,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2013Excellent food, fair prices, Vito the manager is awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.