1150 West Columbus Avenue
Springfield, MA 01105Neighborhood:
Contemporary MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.spoletorestaurants.com/
- Phone: 4137326262
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Mama Iguana's
Fun, Casual, High Energy Mexican Restaurant with the biggest tequila selection in New England.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mama Iguana's reviews from OpenTable diners
- We have eaten at mama iguana'sOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/10/2013We have eaten at mama iguana's on 3 or 4 occasions. The food has been very good, but generally the service hasn't been up to par. At our last visit, our meals were delivered by another person, who told us that our server would have to bring any additions (just sour cream in this case). However, she did not return to our table- or even our view- until we had finished the meal. We will return but would watch the service closely.
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2013The food and service were both very good. We always have a good meal at Mama iguanas. The pitcher of Margaritas was a bit stronger than I like, but that is a personal preference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tired IguanaInfomancyDined on 8/10/2013Holes in the seats, chipped paint, and a general lack of care are the highlights of this restaurant. The table side guacamole featured a brown avocado and way too much garlic. My wife's mojito (a recommended feature on the drinks menu) was not only unmuddled, but totally unmixed. Mole was a plate of watery shredded meat with a modicum of sauce, and the quesadilla was made with canned mushrooms and uncooked bell peppers. The waitress didn't care. Awful experience overall, with the only shining item being a decent tamale.
- Fixins for fourPeggyDined on 8/3/2013Four friends out for a dinner and movie! Thought we'd give Mama Iguana's a try. Glad we did, four different dishes and all were great and we agreed that we would return! Compliments to the chef! Special shout out to Morgan who served us with a great attitude, friendly retorts and good service! ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun evening at Mama Iguana'sOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/20/2013We enjoyed our adult night out at Mama's with $4.95 Margarita's and an engaging waitress. Food was excellent especially the guacamole made tableside. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Don't order the chile rellenosOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Mama Iguanas is known as one of the best Mexican restaurants in the Springfield area. My chile relleno was the worst I have had among all the Mexican restaurants I have visited. This is the item I always order. My companions ordered fajitas, and they were happy with their choice.
- Great food, drinks, and pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013We went to Mama Iguana's after visiting the Basketball Hall of Fame in spite of the poor reviews the restaurant got on Yelp and are glad we gave it a chance. The staff was very friendly although the service was a bit slow. Margaritas packed a punch; the food was delicious and reasonably priced - my son isn't a fan of Mexican food so he ordered the fajitas and ate mostly steak and rice - the fajitas were only $13. Other dishes ordered were the chicken burrito with a side of mole, enchilada poblano, and tacos - are were delicious and at good prices. We ordered the wings and I do not recommend them - I don't recommend you ever get wings at a Mexican restaurant. Will def go back again.Special Features:
- A good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013Enchiladas with mole amarillo and chili nachos were top notch. Service was good, nothing out of this world. A fine Mexican restaurant to meet up with friends and have a few drinks.Special Features:
- The service was outstandingLinwood75VIPDined on 2/5/2013The service was outstanding from start to finish. The sopa de elote (corn soup) was outstanding, and the avocado Caesar salad was very good: I would get the same thing again. The house margarita was good, but nothing special. The salsa that came with the plentiful tortilla chips (presented when we sat down) had too much of a kick for us, but had a good flavor. My husband enjoyed the beef enchilada, joining the clean-plate club.Special Features:
- Food was very good. AmbienteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/21/2013Food was very good. Ambiente is nice. It was loud, but not too noisy.Special Features:
- Gave this as a gift to a coupleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/12/2013Gave this as a gift to a couple who was celebrating their 7th wedding anniversary and it was wonderful!!!Special Features:
- It was an overall good diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2012It was an overall good dining experience. I do not think it is good as it use to be when it first opened. Food and service were average. The booth we sat in needed to be repaired as it was worn down. Decent atmosphere with decorative art. It would be nice to have more authentic and fresh Mexican dishes. Great tequila list.Special Features:
- Restaurant was better thanOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/8/2012Restaurant was better than expected. I was not expecting a nice mexican restaurant with good food but stay away from the specials..they are obviously done in advance..rubbery and cold. The fajitas were EXCELLENT shrimp and Ahi tuna! The drinks were good and reasonable and the service was Very good. We made a reservation and was immediately seated. VERY good! Bar is good and offers quite an array of beers, tequila. Bar is loud but not too bad.Special Features:
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/22/2012The food was excellent and the service outstandingSpecial Features:
- Food was ok - but nothingcmrmVIPDined on 9/8/2012Food was ok - but nothing special. Chicken was overcooked. The best part of the meal was our great waiter. And the tableside guacamole was very entertaining but overpriced.
- The host that sat us had aOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2012The host that sat us had a great personality.The bartender made great mojito's and last but not least our server Michael was excellent. I would go back to sit and have drinks and appetizer as well.Special Features:
- Nice Mexican restaurant withCinCTVIPDined on 8/27/2012Nice Mexican restaurant with good food. I find the menu a bit difficult to navigate, but the place is worth a trip. Our booth was next to a window, and in the spot between the end of the bench and the window glass, I could see tostada chips, pieces of napkins and other things that fall from the table; not very pleasant, but short of using a vacuum cleaner after every guest leaves, I'm not sure how I'd address that issue. The service was good and pleasant, and the food was delicious; our party of six each had something different. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Fun time with good friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2012Fun time with good friends for a great dinner & delicious Mango Margaritas!Special Features:
- nice atmosphere for drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2012nice atmosphere for drinks with a group of friends...Special Features:
- All five of us enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/2012All five of us enjoyed our meal. The waiter was accommodating in making changes to the items on the menu to fit our dietary concerns.Special Features:
- Great margaritas!! GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2012Great margaritas!! Great food and service. Prices were a bit high, but it was good for a night out.Special Features:
- It would be a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/19/2012It would be a great place to stop in for appetizers and drinks.Special Features:
- This was my 3rd time eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/5/2012This was my 3rd time eating there and previous experience was just fine. But going there on concourse de mayo was a huge mistake. I made an 8 pm reservation two weeks prior of a party of 8. We waited an hour for a table. That set the tone for the evening. Everything took forever from drinks, to food, to even getting our check. The food is good there, but not that good to justify the poor service and organization that night. It was very disappointing. It was so bad, that I was the only one not drinking at our table and I ordered a raspberry lemonade and was serviced a frozen margarita! I am 8just months pregnant!Special Features:
- Food was very salty this pastOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2012Food was very salty this past time we dined. Never impressed by the waitstaff at any of the Spoleto restaurants - often times our waiter or waitress is rude and inattentive, yet we keep coming back so it clearly doesn't bother us that much.Special Features:
- Drinks were tasty but smallOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/21/2012Drinks were tasty but small and expensive. A Mexican "Scorpion Bowl" for two costs $15 and it was just in an oversized margarita glass. Food was good and price was reasonable. We had a reservation and was still placed in the bar seating area. Would have rather been in the real dining area or upstairs.Special Features:
- The atmosphere is lively andKca5Dined on 2/11/2012The atmosphere is lively and fun. The food is fair and the service each time was very poor. It's inexpensive to dine there which I think is why people go.Special Features:
- No complaints re: the kitchenDebraDined on 12/27/2011No complaints re: the kitchen - food high quality and served hot. Nice presentation. The table area was clean as a whistle. The fun casual, decor makes for a pleasant meal.Special Features:
- We have been to Mama IguanasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/26/2011We have been to Mama Iguanas in Northampton several times. The food is very good at both places. I found the Springfield restaurant to be a little more upscale. The ambiance was better also.Special Features:
- Service was great! OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/10/2011Service was great! Outstanding variety of tequila!!Special Features:
- I would recommend this placeSandyTDined on 12/10/2011I would recommend this place if you are really into tequila or just want to have fun. Food ok.Special Features:
- Good selection of tequila,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/12/2011Good selection of tequila, but food was about average for Mexican in the area. Really quick service. Was done with dinner in under 50 minutes start to finish.
- I asked for a quiet tableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2011I asked for a quiet table that we would be able to talk at, and it couldn't have been any better. Thank you.Special Features:
- Not authentic Mexican! ChainBpiqDined on 8/27/2011Not authentic Mexican! Chain On The Border would have been better
- Atmosphere is very nice.SCooperVIPDined on 8/22/2011Atmosphere is very nice. The food was nothing special.Special Features:
- I had my friends birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2011I had my friends birthday party here 08/20/11 at 7pm. The only thing good about the restaurant is art work. The food was horrible. I was very embarrassed and almost went back on Sunday to get my money back. The entire table did not enjoy their food and the waitress was no where to be found. I did not even eat my salad because the chicken was tough as nails and I asked for no anchovies and it was very apparent that the accidentally put anchovies on the salad and took them off. Normally I would have two drinks with dinner maybe three if we were having a good time. However the waitress was too slow. If the food had been good the prices would have been reasonable.
- On a very busy Thursday night,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/18/2011On a very busy Thursday night, we celebrated my son's birthday. We arrived separately, but, upon my son and his friends' arrival, the staff found the time to escort him upstairs and find us. Service and food were excellent.Special Features:
- Hit and miss on the food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2011Hit and miss on the food. Chile relleno was excellent, tamales were poor at best, way too much corn masa and not cooked thru. Chimichanga was not cooked thru. Table side guacamole was tastless. Shrimp Ceviche was excellent worth coming back just for this. The salsa and chips was may be the best(salsa) in MA. House margarita needs work.
- We had heard Mama Iguana'sGMGPDined on 7/22/2011We had heard Mama Iguana's had great Mexican food and we like all the other Spoleto restaurants. It was a disappointment. The food was "ok," just typical Mexican that you could get at any chain retaurant. Service was awful. Too bad.Special Features: