Mama Della's Ristorante at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
5601 Universal Blvd
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Mama Della's Ristorante at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dineatmamadellas.com/
- Phone: 4075033463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nighly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Leon Teow
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: What is more romantic than musical accompaniment to a delectable Italian meal? Every night, strolling musicians delight diners at Mama Della's Ristorante. Listen as they play Italian favorites like "That's Amore", "Arrivederci Roma", "Mama" or "Angelina". Or, request your very own table side serenade. Before or after dinner at Mama Della's, guests can also enjoy the MUSICA DELLA NOTTE show each night at sunset (weather permitting) in the Harbor Piazza; it's a musical celebration capturing the romance and charm of Italy.
A word from Mama Della's Ristorante at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
When you dine at Mama Della's, it's like being invited into her warm, welcoming home. Every room transports you to the Italian countryside, where you can enjoy rustic, Old World specialties like Insalata Caprese, Pollo Marsala, Lasagna and Frutti di Mare, accompanied by the finest wines and strolling musicians. While you feast on authentic dishes from the Tuscany, Naples and Piemonte regions, Mama herself might be there to urge you to "Mange! Mange!" Delicious Italian food served in a romantic, genuine atmosphere, makes dining at Mama Della's an experience you'll never forget. You'll find Mama Della's in the Harbor Piazza at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando. With its cobblestone streets, sidewalk cafes and even the occasional Vespa dotting the harborside, this Piazza will make you feel like you've been carried away to Portofino, Italy. It's a fantastico setting for a most magnificent Italian meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mama Della's Ristorante at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)romantic (49)good for groups (35)notable wine list (27)kid-friendly (26)fit for foodies (24)great for outdoor dining (9)scenic view (9)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014Having dined at Mama Della's before we were disappointed this time out. Restaurant was very noisy, loud baby crying and had to change tables. Food was mediocre. Service was good however.
- Good MealAshleyVIPDined on 10/17/2014I've eaten at Mama Della's many times and the food is always good. This time was only different in that the Portafino Hotel was having a huge out door function and it really created difficulty getting to the restaurant, not to mention noise, distractions, etc. Once we were in the restaurant the service and food was good as usual. Prices are reasonable and portions are good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JasonDined on 10/17/2014Mohammed made our night acceptable even with sub par food.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014Great food great atmosphere wonderful experience great family dining recommended highlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014Eat at this restaurant every time we stay. Love the food. Love the decor. The service is always excelent.Special Features:
- Mama may not be Italian!FrankieTDined on 10/3/2014When we first entered we were surprised there was no Bar, even though ads about the place said there was one. Service was "spotty", at times we had to actually ask another server to find our server. When it came to the food, it was just "food". I am not a food critic but we do dine out frequently and I am Italian. I don't recall ever seeing a Caesar Salad with warm tomatoes underneath, or Spaghetti Carbonara without Prosciutto and not creamy or a tart with no crust. Overall, if I can compare it to a "real" Italian restaurant, like Bice" for example, on a scale of 1-10, I'd give Bice' an 11 and Mama's a 6. Thank goodness we had one of our favorite couples with us which made the evening enjoyable despite the pseudo Italian food.
- Excellent food, service&atmosphere.RellidogDined on 10/1/2014The food, service and atmosphere were exceptional. A special thanks to the opera singers for honoring my wife's request to sing from Phantom of Opera.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special dining experienceamericanagirlDined on 9/30/2014We were so pleasantly surprised by how wonderful this dining experience was. The entire Portofino Bay resort is gorgeous, and this restaurant feels like a "hidden gem" within it. Highly recommended, especially for a date night! The service was so attentive without being obtrusive. Portions generous and carefully prepared. The ambiance feels like you're in a real Italian home, not a cartoonish caricature of one. There's a wonderful musical group who comes table to table and even takes requests. Little on the pricy side, but a bargain compared to Disney resort restaurants who charge twice as much for half the food. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Already looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and Amazing!Foodie927Dined on 9/27/2014Got to try Mama Bella's through Magical Dining Month for my birthday! I attended on a Saturday night with two friends and it was wonderful. Our waiter Joe was friendly, funny, and made the evening very special. He took as many photos as we wanted and delivered each course with impeccable timing. The facility was beautifully decorated, authentic without being cheesy, and the meal was spectacular. We all had the risotto appetizer, which was flavorful and creamy, and I went with the mushroom ravioli for my entrée. It was filling and had a great mix of flavors. We finished with the tiramisu dessert, which came with a beautiful birthday serenade, a candle, and a small piece of chocolate with "Happy Birthday" written on it. What a good night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014Friendly staff. Great food. Responsive to special requests. Would definitely go again and recommend it to othersSpecial Features:
- JOHNVIPDined on 9/27/2014Everything was outstanding - The food, the service, the ambience. The Wild Mushroom Raviolis were delicious but so was the Risotto appetizer and even the bread and garlic dip (whole pieces of garlic swimming in the dip). Presentation great also. The absolute best was the strolling musicians. They came to each table and asked for requests. Singing Italian songs was so awesome. He sounded like Andre Boccelli! I highly recommend Mama Dellas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best restaurant at portofono baymammaDined on 9/21/2014I've been to all of the portofino bay hotel restaurants and Mamma Della's is my favorite. The food is superb, the service is friendly not snobbish, and the ambiance is perfect. Save your money and eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- danilagasseyDined on 9/20/2014It felt like we were in Italy! great food, frendly service, amazing singers visit every table. It was a fabalous dining experience!Special Features:
- We loved the Italian singers!PatriciaDined on 9/19/2014Google food. Good ambiance. My gnocchi pasta was terrific, as well as the bruschetta. Good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/17/2014We were a large group which could have been challenging but the service was outstanding; felt very much taken care of and food was as good as other reviews indicated it would be.Special Features:
- Nice live music.kandbDined on 9/12/2014The live music is great. Very romantic. Food is pretty good but not great.Special Features:
- Nice touch to a resort experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014We chose this restaurant as we were staying at the Portofino Resort and wanted a romantic dinner within walking distance. Mama Della's delivered, including a very talented group of singers who came to our table and blew me away with their serenade.Special Features:
- Quality food and atmosphere!dhogg430Dined on 9/5/2014My wife and I got engaged 2 years ago at the Portofino Bay Hotel after dinner at Mama Della's. We've been back the last 2 years to celebrate, and our experience has been nothing short of fantastic each time. The quality of the food is exceptional, and the portion sizes are generous to say the least. Our wait staff have always been pleasant and courteous, and the Italian singers that make their rounds through the restaurant only add to the romantic atmosphere. It's a great place to experience rustic Italian dining at its finest!Special Features:
- Magical dining Month - OrlandoRaynmanDined on 8/31/2014This is our 3rd visit to Mama Della's and once again we were absolutely happy with our choice! The restaurant participates in the month long Magical Dining program offering a 3 course meal at $33 a person. We had the Meier Lemon Risotto, Lasagna, and one had the Tiramisu and other had the cherry tart. The service was superb, and the food was fantastic! I normally go for the Tiramisu, but opted for the cherry tart - do yourself a favor and go for the tart - so incredibly delicious. The perfect evening was topped off by their roaming musicians with a rousing round of Tu Vuò Fà l'Americano sung to our table.Special Features:
- Great placeTimmanDined on 8/31/2014Top of the line, great! But noise level prevented me from talking access table to wife. Acrostics need work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experiencecyn2artDined on 8/29/2014This was a first visit to the Portofino and Mama Della's Ristorante. We celebrated our Wedding Anniversary, and everyone was so polite. Our server was Michael "Mike," he was outstanding and very personable. He suggested the Chef Special, and the meal was amazing. The meal was a pan-seared salmon with lemon risotto, and has made my top five favorite meals. Also, a very nice surprise to our evening was being serenaded at our table. This definitely highlighted our experience. I would definitely recommend Mama Della's in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Che romantico!karnDined on 8/26/2014I took my wife here on our anniversary and she was blown away. Our server, Mike Graham, took excellent care of us and made sure we got plenty of photos, even bringing over "Mama" herself to take a picture with us. The food was outstanding. I had the lasagna and it was nearly as good as my Italian mama's, which is wow! My wife loved the Frutti di mare. For dessert we ordered tiramisu and a chocolate nutella bar (delicious) and they both came with a small white chocolate bar with Happy Anniversary written on it. And let me not forgot to mention the opera singers. Yes, they have opera singers who come to your table and sing whatever you like. We had them sing a song from the Godfather, then Con Te Partiro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LinnyDined on 8/24/2014Ordered a chicken dish with Marsella wine, was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Not only was the food delicious but the wandering Italian musicians made the dining experience even better! Would definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- Still excellent!ApexntDined on 8/21/2014Have eaten at Mama's 3 - 4 years ago while in FL. And it was really good. So much so we ate 2 nights in row and took friends. This trip it was just as good. Lived up to what I remembered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- different in universal orlandovacation2014Dined on 8/9/2014Could not be seated until our 730 reservation time. Hostess said they were running on time and we would be seated at 730. So off to spend time sitting outside of restaurant and wait for 7 minutes. Than at 730 we were seated. Really!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not last if not in a resortDrEdDined on 8/8/2014Pros: Busy and energetic with large American sized portions to fill hungry visitors after day at parks. Singer wonderful especially appreciate the female singer's beautiful voice and sincere interest in our children. Cons: Food quality: mediocre. Alfredo subpar and less authentic than can get at Cheese Cake Factory. Lasagna huge portion - decent not distinguishing. Children's pizza dry over coked afterthought. Service enthusiast but not effective. Seated at 7:30 - first food for our children arrived at 8:40 - by then we had already lost them. Not acceptable. Value: poor. For instance Bice is a much higher quality dining experience in same. Cannot recommend - not consistent with quality expected from a Loews operated restaurant.Special Features:
- dailydiner2dailydiner2Dined on 8/6/2014Very personalized service despite the fact that we had a group of 8! Varied menu! Something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and atmospherePha1226Dined on 8/4/2014The food was amazing...Classic Italian dishes kicked up a notch. We had gnocchi, lasagna and fettuccini Alfredo and everything was incredible. The singer comes around to every table and I thought my kids would think it was awkward but she was amazingly nice and talented. It was a great experienceSpecial Features:
- The dinner was greatMesohungryDined on 8/2/2014Will dine here again next time we go back to OrlandoSpecial Features:
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014Can't wait to go back. Great service and friendly atmosphere.Special Features:
- Never a DisappointmentsonostancoDined on 7/25/2014What can I say about a restaurant that I have been going to for over ten years. The service is outstanding, the entertainment is breathtaking and the food is an added bonus. I do have my favorite rooms to dine in and one or two that I don't prefer. They always accommodate my requests.Special Features:
- GreatFoodieVIPDined on 7/24/2014this was the 2nd time we've eaten here on vacation and we will return every time we go to Orlando. The only problem is transportation we ended up having to spend $$$$ on a cab when the resorts offered free shuttle service but, there were no shuttles. :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian perfect!corey885Dined on 7/23/2014The table singers were as awesome as the food and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High prices for mediocre foodAshleyregasDined on 7/19/2014While the atmosphere is great at Mama Dellas, the food was just mediocre. Three of the four of us ordered the filet on special that night...all cooked at different temperature and all of them were overcooked. We also ordered the warm lava cake and there was nothing warm about it.Special Features:
- Wonderful Evening at PortofinoOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014My family dined at Mama Della's and were very impressed with both the quality of the food and the service. Often at hotels and in some resort spots the dining can be a little more generic and "so-so". Everything we ordered was prepared well, very tasty and plain excellent. The atmosphere as nice and the trio serenading the diners were spectacular and made for a pleasant and interesting experience. They do take a break pretty often so things quiet down for some dinner conversation but we loved it. Service was attentive and we would definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- Expected better foodFrancisHDined on 7/17/2014After seeing reviews of 4.5 stars we wanted to try. But the food was over-seasoned, a bit greasy and my portion was especially small. Server was over energetic and while not a major issue, he was a bit overbearing. Live music with roaming singer was a nice touch. More like a 3.5 to 4. Just need to dial down the grease and the seasoning.
- amazing food and a concertDraLisaDined on 7/17/2014The food was fresh and delicious- worth the price. The staff treated our children like family, complimenting their manners. My son (age 10) ordered off the adult menu. Yet, when they brought out my daughter's dessert (included in kid's meal) they brought one out for him too! A wonderful baritone singer and accordion player passed by the tables taking requests. The singer's voice was concert quality! We had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Enjoyed the food, sangrito and the serenade too. I would definitely done here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Told Dinner was not a charge, NOT!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014My chicken was overcooked. The pasta and salad an bread were fine. I was told by the manager she would remove the charge and all she did was give my 7 year old free ice cream. Not happy. The prices are high for the food quality.