Mama Della's Ristorante at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
5601 Universal Blvd
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Mama Della's Ristorante at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dineatmamadellas.com/
- Phone: (407) 503-3463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nighly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Leon Teow
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: What is more romantic than musical accompaniment to a delectable Italian meal? Every night, strolling musicians delight diners at Mama Della's Ristorante. Listen as they play Italian favorites like "That's Amore", "Arrivederci Roma", "Mama" or "Angelina". Or, request your very own table side serenade. Before or after dinner at Mama Della's, guests can also enjoy the MUSICA DELLA NOTTE show each night at sunset (weather permitting) in the Harbor Piazza; it's a musical celebration capturing the romance and charm of Italy.
A word from Mama Della's Ristorante at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
When you dine at Mama Della's, it's like being invited into her warm, welcoming home. Every room transports you to the Italian countryside, where you can enjoy rustic, Old World specialties like Insalata Caprese, Pollo Marsala, Lasagna and Frutti di Mare, accompanied by the finest wines and strolling musicians. While you feast on authentic dishes from the Tuscany, Naples and Piemonte regions, Mama herself might be there to urge you to "Mange! Mange!" Delicious Italian food served in a romantic, genuine atmosphere, makes dining at Mama Della's an experience you'll never forget. You'll find Mama Della's in the Harbor Piazza at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando. With its cobblestone streets, sidewalk cafes and even the occasional Vespa dotting the harborside, this Piazza will make you feel like you've been carried away to Portofino, Italy. It's a fantastico setting for a most magnificent Italian meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mama Della's Ristorante at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)romantic (48)good for groups (35)kid-friendly (27)notable wine list (26)fit for foodies (24)scenic view (9)great for outdoor dining (9)neighborhood gem (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Special!WendyDined on 3/6/2014The ambience at this restaurant is amazing! You walk in and there are a number of small rooms decorated in the style of a rural Italian house. The food was top-knotch the service was impeccable. All of this would have given it 4 stars, but then the tenors came in and went from table to table singing, just magical!Special Features:
- We loved itBarbmrnDined on 3/5/2014For excellent. Service also. Waitress gave us good ideas about food. And what to do the next day. Excellent wine!Special Features:
- first timerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2014jem- at lowes portifino-outdoor dining-good food-good waiter-opera sung from a balcony- even my 4 year old grandson loved it- definitely going againSpecial Features:
- Food average. Service veryFoodwineexpertDined on 2/26/2014Food average. Service very good. Excellent location. Noise level to great for a romantic dinner. Expensive for quality of food
- Are we in The Godfather?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/17/2014Great restaurant. I really felt as if I was in mama corleones house. Great ambience, great singers and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big ConcernMikeDined on 2/14/2014My girlfriend and I have been there numerous times and enjoy each time we go. The only problem i had this time was that on our reservation i requested to see the manager on duty that time and after 30 minutes we paid our bill and left. I felt let down as i'm in the customer service business and i felt that what i did want to talk to the on duty manager about wasn't that important. I really enjoy your Mama's and love coming many times in to eat for not only special times but just to enjoy a great dinner as we live close by. I want to say thanks but still not happy that i got ignored.Special Features:
- Food was great Waiter not so muchdeb57Dined on 2/14/2014Normally when we dine there we have a wonderful experience but this time we did not have a good experience with the waiter who seemed to be MIA. Our food was great and I will go back because I do love their food. If you go do try their veal dish or their chicken parm both were excellent.. Also save room for desert because it is worth it. We did talk to the manager after dinner and she was very apologetic for our waiter experience and said she would be speaking with him which we appreciated.Special Features:
- A place to go back toCharlesDined on 2/1/2014Excellent food, great service and wonderful opera singersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceCraigVIPDined on 1/30/2014Great Italian restaurant in an Italian themed hotel. Menu options are not huge. Smaller than I remember last time but a good offering of traditional Italian as well as some more gourmet offerings. Casual dining environment and kid friendly as you would expect from a theme park hotel restaurant. I must say the filet mignon I had was one of the best I have had in a while and the polenta on the side was fantastic. Our waiter said he has worked there for 15yrs since they opened and was fantastic. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great surpriseDaniloVIPDined on 1/28/2014When I reserved a table at Mama Della's I thought it was a regular restaurant. But it's a very nice place, with a very good food. The service is very good. If I'll be back to Orlando, surely I'll have dinner at Mama Della's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get togetherMikeDined on 1/28/2014My son, a U.S. Navy sailor is preparing for deployment. Mama Della's Ristorante was a great place to gather enjoy a great meal. Nino, the musician, always an asset to the restaurant kept our table with superb music and conversation. The service is as always tops and of course, the food companied by the wine, an experience. All come together and makes for a great evening. My son and Nino, shared some sea stories in between songs. Thanks; MikeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best Italian food I have ever hadBritClarkDined on 1/17/2014We had calamari fritti, Caesar salad, lasagna and chicken larm. Two days later we are still discussing how great it was. The restaurant looked boxed but was definitely casual (we had jeans and sweaters on). Make a reservation though, it's a smaller space and although I had a reservation there were several people waiting 45min. The service was also fantastic and I didn't think it was over-priced at all. We eat out frequently and I enjoyed myself here more than I have on a long time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bill and Tracie MortonOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/10/2014Good afternoon Big Joe, You were a fabulous waiter,and you made our occasion so perfect. The sarinaid was awsome. We met my family there, it was Jim and Vickie Dedmon, Vickie is my wonderful Sister and they are going to bring a group of friends who meet out and eat dinner once a month there soon. Thank you so much for your kindness, food was out of this world we hightly reccomend and we sure do plan on visiting again in the future. Take care Big Joe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/10/2014Slow service ... And the service was not very helpfu... They seemed annoyed to have to be helping us.. Food just okay ... Not worth the price.. We will not be dining here again :(
- Ambience and DeliciousnessddinersDined on 1/7/2014Mama Della's is not only romantic but the food is delicious as well. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!AnneDined on 1/1/2014We had been there one time before 8 years ago, and when I asked my child where he wanted to eat, he immediately said this restaurant because he remembered how good the food was. As before, we were so pleased again. The food and our waitress were excellent. Our waitress was excellent and brought out the most fabulous dessert for my son's birthday. Another great night there and I would recommend this place to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceRose478Dined on 12/31/2013Our party or 10 ate at Mama Della's for New Year's Eve, and we couldn't have been more pleased with the experience. The food was wonderful, the service was extremely attentive, and the atmosphere was lovely. Thank-you for making our evening so special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereMarycasDined on 12/31/2013We come here during our annual visits. The ambience is delightful...cozy, warm, and unique. Food is good; my husband is a fan of the veal. I enjoyed the spaghetti amd meatballs with more than enough for lunch the next day. We felt a little rushed our last visit so I would recommend letting them know if you aren't in a hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but losing the touch.RChezDined on 12/29/2013Great tasteful food as usual. We have eaten at Mamas for the past 6-7 years when we are in Florida at least 2 times each year. Service and the personal touch we have come to expect was lacking this time. At this price level you come to expect more but we came away feeling like we were eating in a chain restaurant. Server was nice but not very attentive. We were sat in a room filled with multiple tables of several very young children resulting in a loud distracting atmosphere. We arrived 20 min before our reservation and were told we could not be sat although several tables were available. Came away from dinner experience disappointed. Hope not a sign of a downward turn. Don't know if we will return in July with the many choices in area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 couples diningbully4youDined on 12/25/2013Such a nice little restaurant! They validate your parking stub so it's very easy. The food was remarkably good! Don't miss the pasta fagioli soup - I had the pasta primavera and it was out of this world. Go, you will love!!Special Features:
- We took the family last yearMariaDined on 12/25/2013We took the family last year to celebrate my husband's birthday---2012, and we had a great time, enjoyed the food, ambiance and the service. But My husband and I were a little bit disappointed with our Christmas dinner this year---pasta was tough! But the cannoli was delicious! We will visit Magic Kingdom next year 2014, and maybe, we'll visit Mama Della again:)Special Features:
- only negative point was theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013only negative point was the female opera singer was unpleasant - made several faces/signs lacking respect of guestsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatLoriDined on 12/11/2013We really enjoyed our meal service was great. Everyone worked together to make experience a positive one. First time dining here will dine here again . The atmosphere had a lot of charm and again the food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining while at Universal, FLVacationerDined on 12/5/2013While visiting Universal Orlando, my family and I wanted a nice dinner out and heard positive things about Mama Della's. A very enjoyable experience. The food, while traditional Italian, excellent in quality and preparation - from pasta, seafood to gelato. The environment was evocative of a neighborhood Italian ristorante in Little Italy. There were even talented strolling musicians complementing the atmosphere. The service was professional, attentive and anticipatory. Moreover, they we happy to accommodate my 9-year-old niece's picky palate. The wine list, while not extensive in varietals, was quite adequate. Also, the bar offered Campari in addition to Italian liqueurs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great music, great service,love2mamaDined on 11/27/2013great music, great service, our server Erik made our day in my wife's 50 years birthday. mama came with a nice dessert an a candle and the musicians play for us. wonderful experience and def. we'll comeback. thank you ErikSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal Everdeb57Dined on 11/16/2013Dined here for my birthday. I would recommend the Brushetta as an appetizer and for dinner Rob had the veal Marsala and I chose the chicken Parmagina both were well prepared and probably the best we have had. We also shared a bottle of Moscato. The entire staff from Mama to the the waiter made us feel special. The waiter chose a special desert for my birthday which was a small chocolate lava cake with cherry sauce and pistachio ice cream - so delicious. They also had strolling musician and singers who came and sang happy birthday and then sang a song in Italian. I can not wait to go back just to enjoy a great meal. If you love Italian food I would highly recommend this restaurant you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2013Our overall experience at Mama Della's was great!! Great food and great service!! Even got to meet Mama herself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2013The food was way over priced compared to the quality. $30 spaghetti and $8 beers. Go to Macaroni Grill for half the cost and better food. Rip off.
- An amazing evening!mkatVIPDined on 11/13/2013We were greeted at the door by Mama Della herself. Our server Big Joe went above and beyond to accomodate our vegan diet. The live opera music was fantastic! Overall we will be returning here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mama and opera singers are the bestOperaLoverDined on 11/13/2013Celebrating my 60th Birthday with 10 friends at Mama Della's Restaurant...everyone enjoyed the food and the entertainment of the opera singers. The opera singers came to our table group twice. First time they sang one song. Second time they sang two songs...one birthday song. While they were singing one song the owner Mama came with my raspberry cheesecake sweet 16. The evening turned out amazing and no other place to celebrate my 60th Birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday night!!YiyeMonaDined on 11/7/2013I chose this restaurant looking for something special for my husband birthday ...and it was not a mistake at all. Food was exquisite ... Music ... Singers. Fabulous ... And excellent service.. A place to come again !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticMikeDined on 11/3/2013Food is always great and the roving singers are wonderful.Special Features:
- Excellent food and ambianceKishDined on 11/2/2013The food was great and the live table side music made it funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treat for the sensesLuvgoodfoodDined on 10/30/2013This restaurant is a treat for the senses with the beautiful setting, fabulous strolling tenors and tasty food. It was just what we were looking for.Special Features:
- Good food and fun!famdining05Dined on 10/13/2013I ate here with my mother and two sons (7 and 9) during our recent vacation to Universal. This was the boys' favorite restaurant and the adults enjoyed it too. The wait staff was very friendly and helpful - and the menu had great kid options. We really enjoyed the ambiance and the live entertainment. This made for a great memory from our trip.Special Features:
- OutstandingAleyDined on 10/12/2013My husband and I completely enjoyed the food and atmosphere! We will absolutely be returning! Although the special of the night sounded wonderful, I chose to ask for chicken Marsala that wasn't on the menu. Thankfully the chef prepared the dish for me and it was the best food I have ever had! The polenta was just to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, very nice peopleAmblerJVIPDined on 10/11/2013For a resort restaurant in Orlando, we would go back to Mama Della's. The atmosphere was built as an Italian family's home, the food is based off of the same theme, and the service was very friendly and overall very solid! The Caesar salad was decent, the bread was warm, wine list also solid, and the entree's (we tried two) were good. The walking guitar player and two singers were a very nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegance and ClassASPSADined on 10/11/2013A family member recommended Mama Della's Ristorante based upon past experience, and I am happy to state that my family's recent dining experience was just as exceptional . This establishment offers the total package for a great dining experience: exquisite cuisine, fine wine, outstanding service, an elegant and tasteful ambiance, and talented strolling musicians. It had been quite some time since I felt such a superb level of comfort in a restaurant. These words inadequately reflect my family's experience. To truly appreciate dining at Mama Della's Ristorante, I urge you to make a reservation and experience it for yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemCsoave1Dined on 10/10/2013Mama Della's is hidden in Portifino Bay Hotel and Resort at Universal Studios in Orlando. It's a lovely, warm, homey kind of trattoria where the food is always very good. The service is wonderful. Lastly, the atmosphere is happy and fun. Whether it is a guitar serenade or an accordion sing along, you will be glad you came!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic!BeckymDined on 10/4/2013Incredible experience! The music and the food were exceptional. You will fall in love with your honey all over again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.