Mama Della's Ristorante at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
5601 Universal Blvd
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Mama Della's Ristorante at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dineatmamadellas.com/
- Phone: 4075033463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nighly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Leon Teow
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: What is more romantic than musical accompaniment to a delectable Italian meal? Every night, strolling musicians delight diners at Mama Della's Ristorante. Listen as they play Italian favorites like "That's Amore", "Arrivederci Roma", "Mama" or "Angelina". Or, request your very own table side serenade. Before or after dinner at Mama Della's, guests can also enjoy the MUSICA DELLA NOTTE show each night at sunset (weather permitting) in the Harbor Piazza; it's a musical celebration capturing the romance and charm of Italy.
A word from Mama Della's Ristorante at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
When you dine at Mama Della's, it's like being invited into her warm, welcoming home. Every room transports you to the Italian countryside, where you can enjoy rustic, Old World specialties like Insalata Caprese, Pollo Marsala, Lasagna and Frutti di Mare, accompanied by the finest wines and strolling musicians. While you feast on authentic dishes from the Tuscany, Naples and Piemonte regions, Mama herself might be there to urge you to "Mange! Mange!" Delicious Italian food served in a romantic, genuine atmosphere, makes dining at Mama Della's an experience you'll never forget. You'll find Mama Della's in the Harbor Piazza at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando. With its cobblestone streets, sidewalk cafes and even the occasional Vespa dotting the harborside, this Piazza will make you feel like you've been carried away to Portofino, Italy. It's a fantastico setting for a most magnificent Italian meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mama Della's Ristorante at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (36)romantic (34)kid-friendly (29)good for groups (23)fit for foodies (18)notable wine list (14)great for outdoor dining (12)scenic view (9)neighborhood gem (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- different in universal orlandovacation2014Dined on 8/9/2014Could not be seated until our 730 reservation time. Hostess said they were running on time and we would be seated at 730. So off to spend time sitting outside of restaurant and wait for 7 minutes. Than at 730 we were seated. Really!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not last if not in a resortDrEdDined on 8/8/2014Pros: Busy and energetic with large American sized portions to fill hungry visitors after day at parks. Singer wonderful especially appreciate the female singer's beautiful voice and sincere interest in our children. Cons: Food quality: mediocre. Alfredo subpar and less authentic than can get at Cheese Cake Factory. Lasagna huge portion - decent not distinguishing. Children's pizza dry over coked afterthought. Service enthusiast but not effective. Seated at 7:30 - first food for our children arrived at 8:40 - by then we had already lost them. Not acceptable. Value: poor. For instance Bice is a much higher quality dining experience in same. Cannot recommend - not consistent with quality expected from a Loews operated restaurant.Special Features:
- dailydiner2dailydiner2Dined on 8/6/2014Very personalized service despite the fact that we had a group of 8! Varied menu! Something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and atmospherePha1226Dined on 8/4/2014The food was amazing...Classic Italian dishes kicked up a notch. We had gnocchi, lasagna and fettuccini Alfredo and everything was incredible. The singer comes around to every table and I thought my kids would think it was awkward but she was amazingly nice and talented. It was a great experienceSpecial Features:
- The dinner was greatMesohungryDined on 8/2/2014Will dine here again next time we go back to OrlandoSpecial Features:
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014Can't wait to go back. Great service and friendly atmosphere.Special Features:
- Never a DisappointmentsonostancoDined on 7/25/2014What can I say about a restaurant that I have been going to for over ten years. The service is outstanding, the entertainment is breathtaking and the food is an added bonus. I do have my favorite rooms to dine in and one or two that I don't prefer. They always accommodate my requests.Special Features:
- GreatFoodieVIPDined on 7/24/2014this was the 2nd time we've eaten here on vacation and we will return every time we go to Orlando. The only problem is transportation we ended up having to spend $$$$ on a cab when the resorts offered free shuttle service but, there were no shuttles. :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian perfect!corey885Dined on 7/23/2014The table singers were as awesome as the food and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High prices for mediocre foodAshleyregasDined on 7/19/2014While the atmosphere is great at Mama Dellas, the food was just mediocre. Three of the four of us ordered the filet on special that night...all cooked at different temperature and all of them were overcooked. We also ordered the warm lava cake and there was nothing warm about it.Special Features:
- Wonderful Evening at PortofinoOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014My family dined at Mama Della's and were very impressed with both the quality of the food and the service. Often at hotels and in some resort spots the dining can be a little more generic and "so-so". Everything we ordered was prepared well, very tasty and plain excellent. The atmosphere as nice and the trio serenading the diners were spectacular and made for a pleasant and interesting experience. They do take a break pretty often so things quiet down for some dinner conversation but we loved it. Service was attentive and we would definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- Expected better foodFrancisHDined on 7/17/2014After seeing reviews of 4.5 stars we wanted to try. But the food was over-seasoned, a bit greasy and my portion was especially small. Server was over energetic and while not a major issue, he was a bit overbearing. Live music with roaming singer was a nice touch. More like a 3.5 to 4. Just need to dial down the grease and the seasoning.
- amazing food and a concertDraLisaDined on 7/17/2014The food was fresh and delicious- worth the price. The staff treated our children like family, complimenting their manners. My son (age 10) ordered off the adult menu. Yet, when they brought out my daughter's dessert (included in kid's meal) they brought one out for him too! A wonderful baritone singer and accordion player passed by the tables taking requests. The singer's voice was concert quality! We had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Enjoyed the food, sangrito and the serenade too. I would definitely done here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Told Dinner was not a charge, NOT!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014My chicken was overcooked. The pasta and salad an bread were fine. I was told by the manager she would remove the charge and all she did was give my 7 year old free ice cream. Not happy. The prices are high for the food quality.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014We all enjoyed our meals, service was good as was the food.Special Features:
- Good food, nice atmosphereCherylLDined on 7/7/2014The food is great here! The portions are extra large, next time we will split entrees. The Caesar salad serves 4 not 2! Our waiter was nice and not too intrusive. The singer and guitarist were lovely. They forgot my salad, but brought it to me free of charge when I mentioned it. The kids loved it here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Vacation MealAC65Dined on 7/2/2014We were going to eat at the new Italian Restaurant at Universal City Walk but could not get reservations for 2 hours. We decided to eat at Mama Della's Ristorante at our hotel instead so that we could head back to enjoy more time at the park. What a great find! The food was fabulous- some of the best Italian food we've ever had!!! The entertainment was also a lot of fun- an Italian Accordion Player who sang and was accompanied by a fantastic vocalist. It turned out to be one of the best moments of our vacation! We just wish that Mama Della's was in our hometown. We would definitely be regulars.Special Features:
- Great food! Entertaining!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2014Staff very accommodating, food excellent, waiter recommendation spot on! Entertainment right at your table, good fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and ambianceBcat134Dined on 6/22/2014Great food. Strolling Italian singers. Great service. Little pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Dinner SpotSciGalSalDined on 6/22/2014The ambience brings you right into a little Italian dining room. The staff is attentive and the tables comfortable. There is a view of the open kitchen, which smells delightful. Whether dining alone or with a large group, Mama Della's welcomes you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive, but well worth it.....NYCinCTDined on 6/22/2014Really nice place for couples or families. Singers walk around and serenade during dinner which is a nice touch. It is expensive, but so is everything else within the Universal properties. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Good enough for the occasionLGrock911Dined on 6/21/2014The service was okay. The ambience was nice inside but it was beautiful outside. What killed the mood somewhat was how loud music was inside but it added to the experience. However, the singers were very good, they serenaded my wife and maybe occasion special. Food was delicious! I would recommend and go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014Great ambience and decor. Feels like truly like "Mama's house." Open kitchen. Attentive staff. the accordion player and tenor were amazing, doing requests. A good time.Special Features:
- loved it!luvitalianDined on 6/12/2014Great meal for a family with small children! Great food with very attentive wait staff. Kids begged to eat there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better than Grandma'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014I come from a family with great Italian grandmother cooks; so I can be very critical of Italian food. This restaurant is a gem and one of the few that I can say I prefer over my grandmothers; but don't tell them that! The flavors of the food are on a higher level of dining then the home-style comfort decor of the restaurant would suggest. We will return to this restaurant whenever we are in Orlando. Thanks Mama Della!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Dining At Its BestJeffCDined on 5/28/2014We dine at Mama Della's on special occasions. The food is delicious, the atmosphere inviting and traditional Italian, and the service is impeccable. The strolling minstrels sing Italian songs moving from table to table and take requests. And Mama is often there to greet diners and ensure the operation runs smoothly.Special Features:
- Best meal I had all weekOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/27/2014I had the mushroom ravoli and it was AMAZING!! Best meal on our vacation. Kids Mac and cheese was not very cheesy. Lansanga was delicious !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable mealEASRDined on 5/23/2014Had an enjoyable meal here. I have to eat gluten free and I was presented with several options, including warm gluten free bread. Service was decent, food was tasty, and the atmosphere was excellent. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGanniversaryoutingDined on 5/14/2014We went for our anniversary and were blown away. You couldn't ask for a nicer group of people to have dinner with. I didn't want to say serve because we felt like we were at a friends for dinner the way we were treated. They came around and sang to us while we were waiting for our main coarse, it was a very nice touch. We look forward to returning here again on our next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurantDinersDined on 5/12/2014We are returning two days after our last visit which says it all. The food and the service are both terrific. It also has a rather cosy romantic feel even though it isn't small. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly not goodDonnaJDined on 4/25/2014We ordered 2 Pasta E-Fagioli soups,fantastic!The $24 entrees were not.My husband ordered the Lasagna, it was too dry. I ordered the Pollo Parmigiano the cutlet very tough, and dry- said to come with cappellini pasta (angel hair) came with fettuccine, again too dry, barely any sauce on it. The chicken cutlet was so tough I finally gave up trying to cut/eat it and left most of it on the plate. We also ordered a couple of beers, which were very warm(we added the ice from our waters to compensate for it).Sorry to have to write this. No reflection at all on the wonderful Portofino hotel or the great food next door at Sal's Market. This was our 2x here and sorry to say our last. Regret the $130 spent here.Great waiters,service,atmosphere.Special Features:
- Good Food & Relaxing AtmospherejlacyDined on 4/24/2014After a full day in the park, Mama Della's was a relaxing place for dinner. Our server Martha, did an excellent job and a strolling trio provided accordion music and our favorite Italian songs. Mama Della even made an appearance to check on us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Una buona sera!GoodfoodDined on 4/24/2014Fabulous - you must go! Exceptional service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 300 reviews are from the Mama Della's Ristorante at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel reviews archive.
- Very accommodating staff!EhidesDined on 4/20/2014We had a reservation for four at 615. When we were first seated, we were seated right next to a huge table with a big group coming in so we asked if there happen to be a table that would be in a quieter area so they moved us graciously. We sat down and right beside us was a huge table with a BIG group literally screaming as they talked to each other. I felt like they were going to think we were a real pain but moved again and then had the most awesome meal ever. We shared a Caesar salad amongst four of us and there was still some left. Husband and I shared the Fettechini Alfredo and the kids had Chicken Parmigiana and Spaghetti. The hostess was so nice apologizing over and over. They really cared about our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing across the boardCalvinDined on 4/12/2014As a special occasion it was perfect. I had one request for flowers that was unable to be met but they were very sincere in apologizing at the first opportunity when my girl was away from the table. Food was fantastic and every course was perfectly timed. Service was timely and engaging. Live singers travelled the restaurant with an accordian setting a wonderful atmosphere filled with liveliness and romance but quiet enough to maintain good conversation with companions and not interfere witht he dining experience. Overall a wonderful restaurant that I would highly recommend to any and all, whether they are Italian experts or simply enjoy wonderful food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, fun place .OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/12/2014Every time we come back to universal we go to Mama Dellas. Unfortunately, my kids do not care for the sauce. It's not great. Otherwise the service and decor are great. If you don't order pasta, you'll love Mama Della's. Otherwise try Bice!I would recommend this to a friend.
- must do while at Loews PortofinahighexpectationsDined on 4/8/2014Mama Della greeted us, service staff is knowledgable and attentive, homestyle Italian food is prepared to meet even the 'picky/finicky' eater. Don't miss the bread pudding desert.Special Features:
- Nice getaway from hectic theme parkmomof5Dined on 4/7/2014Greeted by name from our waiter. Called my daughter princess which she loved. Excellent food and wine. Both of my children ate all of their meal. Loved the music while we ate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites in OrlandoOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/1/2014Mama Della's is a restaurant that I always go to when I'm in Orlando. While some would think that an Italian restaurant at a resort hotel would be fairly mundane, Mama Della's handles "traditional" italian food with excellence and great quality. The service and experience is consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.