Mama Della's Ristorante at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
5601 Universal Blvd
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Mama Della's Ristorante at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dineatmamadellas.com/
- Phone: 4075033463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nighly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Leon Teow
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: What is more romantic than musical accompaniment to a delectable Italian meal? Every night, strolling musicians delight diners at Mama Della's Ristorante. Listen as they play Italian favorites like "That's Amore", "Arrivederci Roma", "Mama" or "Angelina". Or, request your very own table side serenade. Before or after dinner at Mama Della's, guests can also enjoy the MUSICA DELLA NOTTE show each night at sunset (weather permitting) in the Harbor Piazza; it's a musical celebration capturing the romance and charm of Italy.
A word from Mama Della's Ristorante at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
When you dine at Mama Della's, it's like being invited into her warm, welcoming home. Every room transports you to the Italian countryside, where you can enjoy rustic, Old World specialties like Insalata Caprese, Pollo Marsala, Lasagna and Frutti di Mare, accompanied by the finest wines and strolling musicians. While you feast on authentic dishes from the Tuscany, Naples and Piemonte regions, Mama herself might be there to urge you to "Mange! Mange!" Delicious Italian food served in a romantic, genuine atmosphere, makes dining at Mama Della's an experience you'll never forget. You'll find Mama Della's in the Harbor Piazza at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando. With its cobblestone streets, sidewalk cafes and even the occasional Vespa dotting the harborside, this Piazza will make you feel like you've been carried away to Portofino, Italy. It's a fantastico setting for a most magnificent Italian meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mama Della's Ristorante at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (45)romantic (44)kid-friendly (31)good for groups (30)notable wine list (20)fit for foodies (19)scenic view (11)great for outdoor dining (10)late-night find (5)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (4)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great food; great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/17/2014We were a large group which could have been challenging but the service was outstanding; felt very much taken care of and food was as good as other reviews indicated it would be.Special Features:
- Nice live music.kandbDined on 9/12/2014The live music is great. Very romantic. Food is pretty good but not great.Special Features:
- Nice touch to a resort experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014We chose this restaurant as we were staying at the Portofino Resort and wanted a romantic dinner within walking distance. Mama Della's delivered, including a very talented group of singers who came to our table and blew me away with their serenade.Special Features:
- Quality food and atmosphere!dhogg430Dined on 9/5/2014My wife and I got engaged 2 years ago at the Portofino Bay Hotel after dinner at Mama Della's. We've been back the last 2 years to celebrate, and our experience has been nothing short of fantastic each time. The quality of the food is exceptional, and the portion sizes are generous to say the least. Our wait staff have always been pleasant and courteous, and the Italian singers that make their rounds through the restaurant only add to the romantic atmosphere. It's a great place to experience rustic Italian dining at its finest!Special Features:
- Magical dining Month - OrlandoRaynmanDined on 8/31/2014This is our 3rd visit to Mama Della's and once again we were absolutely happy with our choice! The restaurant participates in the month long Magical Dining program offering a 3 course meal at $33 a person. We had the Meier Lemon Risotto, Lasagna, and one had the Tiramisu and other had the cherry tart. The service was superb, and the food was fantastic! I normally go for the Tiramisu, but opted for the cherry tart - do yourself a favor and go for the tart - so incredibly delicious. The perfect evening was topped off by their roaming musicians with a rousing round of Tu Vuò Fà l'Americano sung to our table.Special Features:
- Great placeTimmanDined on 8/31/2014Top of the line, great! But noise level prevented me from talking access table to wife. Acrostics need work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experiencecyn2artDined on 8/29/2014This was a first visit to the Portofino and Mama Della's Ristorante. We celebrated our Wedding Anniversary, and everyone was so polite. Our server was Michael "Mike," he was outstanding and very personable. He suggested the Chef Special, and the meal was amazing. The meal was a pan-seared salmon with lemon risotto, and has made my top five favorite meals. Also, a very nice surprise to our evening was being serenaded at our table. This definitely highlighted our experience. I would definitely recommend Mama Della's in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Che romantico!karnDined on 8/26/2014I took my wife here on our anniversary and she was blown away. Our server, Mike Graham, took excellent care of us and made sure we got plenty of photos, even bringing over "Mama" herself to take a picture with us. The food was outstanding. I had the lasagna and it was nearly as good as my Italian mama's, which is wow! My wife loved the Frutti di mare. For dessert we ordered tiramisu and a chocolate nutella bar (delicious) and they both came with a small white chocolate bar with Happy Anniversary written on it. And let me not forgot to mention the opera singers. Yes, they have opera singers who come to your table and sing whatever you like. We had them sing a song from the Godfather, then Con Te Partiro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LinnyDined on 8/24/2014Ordered a chicken dish with Marsella wine, was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Not only was the food delicious but the wandering Italian musicians made the dining experience even better! Would definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- Still excellent!ApexntDined on 8/21/2014Have eaten at Mama's 3 - 4 years ago while in FL. And it was really good. So much so we ate 2 nights in row and took friends. This trip it was just as good. Lived up to what I remembered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- different in universal orlandovacation2014Dined on 8/9/2014Could not be seated until our 730 reservation time. Hostess said they were running on time and we would be seated at 730. So off to spend time sitting outside of restaurant and wait for 7 minutes. Than at 730 we were seated. Really!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not last if not in a resortDrEdDined on 8/8/2014Pros: Busy and energetic with large American sized portions to fill hungry visitors after day at parks. Singer wonderful especially appreciate the female singer's beautiful voice and sincere interest in our children. Cons: Food quality: mediocre. Alfredo subpar and less authentic than can get at Cheese Cake Factory. Lasagna huge portion - decent not distinguishing. Children's pizza dry over coked afterthought. Service enthusiast but not effective. Seated at 7:30 - first food for our children arrived at 8:40 - by then we had already lost them. Not acceptable. Value: poor. For instance Bice is a much higher quality dining experience in same. Cannot recommend - not consistent with quality expected from a Loews operated restaurant.Special Features:
- dailydiner2dailydiner2Dined on 8/6/2014Very personalized service despite the fact that we had a group of 8! Varied menu! Something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and atmospherePha1226Dined on 8/4/2014The food was amazing...Classic Italian dishes kicked up a notch. We had gnocchi, lasagna and fettuccini Alfredo and everything was incredible. The singer comes around to every table and I thought my kids would think it was awkward but she was amazingly nice and talented. It was a great experienceSpecial Features:
- The dinner was greatMesohungryDined on 8/2/2014Will dine here again next time we go back to OrlandoSpecial Features:
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014Can't wait to go back. Great service and friendly atmosphere.Special Features:
- Never a DisappointmentsonostancoDined on 7/25/2014What can I say about a restaurant that I have been going to for over ten years. The service is outstanding, the entertainment is breathtaking and the food is an added bonus. I do have my favorite rooms to dine in and one or two that I don't prefer. They always accommodate my requests.Special Features:
- GreatFoodieVIPDined on 7/24/2014this was the 2nd time we've eaten here on vacation and we will return every time we go to Orlando. The only problem is transportation we ended up having to spend $$$$ on a cab when the resorts offered free shuttle service but, there were no shuttles. :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian perfect!corey885Dined on 7/23/2014The table singers were as awesome as the food and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High prices for mediocre foodAshleyregasDined on 7/19/2014While the atmosphere is great at Mama Dellas, the food was just mediocre. Three of the four of us ordered the filet on special that night...all cooked at different temperature and all of them were overcooked. We also ordered the warm lava cake and there was nothing warm about it.Special Features:
- Wonderful Evening at PortofinoOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014My family dined at Mama Della's and were very impressed with both the quality of the food and the service. Often at hotels and in some resort spots the dining can be a little more generic and "so-so". Everything we ordered was prepared well, very tasty and plain excellent. The atmosphere as nice and the trio serenading the diners were spectacular and made for a pleasant and interesting experience. They do take a break pretty often so things quiet down for some dinner conversation but we loved it. Service was attentive and we would definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- Expected better foodFrancisHDined on 7/17/2014After seeing reviews of 4.5 stars we wanted to try. But the food was over-seasoned, a bit greasy and my portion was especially small. Server was over energetic and while not a major issue, he was a bit overbearing. Live music with roaming singer was a nice touch. More like a 3.5 to 4. Just need to dial down the grease and the seasoning.
- amazing food and a concertDraLisaDined on 7/17/2014The food was fresh and delicious- worth the price. The staff treated our children like family, complimenting their manners. My son (age 10) ordered off the adult menu. Yet, when they brought out my daughter's dessert (included in kid's meal) they brought one out for him too! A wonderful baritone singer and accordion player passed by the tables taking requests. The singer's voice was concert quality! We had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Enjoyed the food, sangrito and the serenade too. I would definitely done here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Told Dinner was not a charge, NOT!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014My chicken was overcooked. The pasta and salad an bread were fine. I was told by the manager she would remove the charge and all she did was give my 7 year old free ice cream. Not happy. The prices are high for the food quality.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014We all enjoyed our meals, service was good as was the food.Special Features:
- Good food, nice atmosphereCherylLDined on 7/7/2014The food is great here! The portions are extra large, next time we will split entrees. The Caesar salad serves 4 not 2! Our waiter was nice and not too intrusive. The singer and guitarist were lovely. They forgot my salad, but brought it to me free of charge when I mentioned it. The kids loved it here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Vacation MealAC65Dined on 7/2/2014We were going to eat at the new Italian Restaurant at Universal City Walk but could not get reservations for 2 hours. We decided to eat at Mama Della's Ristorante at our hotel instead so that we could head back to enjoy more time at the park. What a great find! The food was fabulous- some of the best Italian food we've ever had!!! The entertainment was also a lot of fun- an Italian Accordion Player who sang and was accompanied by a fantastic vocalist. It turned out to be one of the best moments of our vacation! We just wish that Mama Della's was in our hometown. We would definitely be regulars.Special Features:
- Great food! Entertaining!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2014Staff very accommodating, food excellent, waiter recommendation spot on! Entertainment right at your table, good fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and ambianceBcat134Dined on 6/22/2014Great food. Strolling Italian singers. Great service. Little pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Dinner SpotSciGalSalDined on 6/22/2014The ambience brings you right into a little Italian dining room. The staff is attentive and the tables comfortable. There is a view of the open kitchen, which smells delightful. Whether dining alone or with a large group, Mama Della's welcomes you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive, but well worth it.....NYCinCTDined on 6/22/2014Really nice place for couples or families. Singers walk around and serenade during dinner which is a nice touch. It is expensive, but so is everything else within the Universal properties. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Good enough for the occasionLGrock911Dined on 6/21/2014The service was okay. The ambience was nice inside but it was beautiful outside. What killed the mood somewhat was how loud music was inside but it added to the experience. However, the singers were very good, they serenaded my wife and maybe occasion special. Food was delicious! I would recommend and go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014Great ambience and decor. Feels like truly like "Mama's house." Open kitchen. Attentive staff. the accordion player and tenor were amazing, doing requests. A good time.Special Features:
- loved it!luvitalianDined on 6/12/2014Great meal for a family with small children! Great food with very attentive wait staff. Kids begged to eat there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better than Grandma'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014I come from a family with great Italian grandmother cooks; so I can be very critical of Italian food. This restaurant is a gem and one of the few that I can say I prefer over my grandmothers; but don't tell them that! The flavors of the food are on a higher level of dining then the home-style comfort decor of the restaurant would suggest. We will return to this restaurant whenever we are in Orlando. Thanks Mama Della!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Dining At Its BestJeffCDined on 5/28/2014We dine at Mama Della's on special occasions. The food is delicious, the atmosphere inviting and traditional Italian, and the service is impeccable. The strolling minstrels sing Italian songs moving from table to table and take requests. And Mama is often there to greet diners and ensure the operation runs smoothly.Special Features:
- Best meal I had all weekOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/27/2014I had the mushroom ravoli and it was AMAZING!! Best meal on our vacation. Kids Mac and cheese was not very cheesy. Lansanga was delicious !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 307 reviews are from the Mama Della's Ristorante at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel reviews archive.
- Enjoyable mealEASRDined on 5/23/2014Had an enjoyable meal here. I have to eat gluten free and I was presented with several options, including warm gluten free bread. Service was decent, food was tasty, and the atmosphere was excellent. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.