Maloney & Porcelli
37 E. 50th St.
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Maloney & Porcelli
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.maloneyandporcelli.com/
- Phone: 2127502233
- Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Friday Lunch: 11:45am to 3:30pm Dinner: 3:30pm to 11:00pm Dinner: 4:30pm to 11:30pm Dinner: 4:30pm to 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: JAMES JERMYN
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: The time honored tradition of the beefsteak & wine feast has returned to the newly re-launched Maloney & Porcelli. Executive Chef James Jermyn have created a smorgasbord of house specialties & off the menu items that captures the celebratory spirit of a time gone by.
Saturday Evenings Beginning at 7pm
$85 Per Person (Exclusive of Tax and Gratuity)
We ask that the Whole Table Participates
A word from Maloney & Porcelli
Maloney & Porcelli is a clubby new American restaurant that draws inspiration from a simpler time when three martini lunches were alive and well, steak was for dinner, and servers anticipated guests’ every need, even completing dishes tableside. Begin meals at Maloney & Porcelli with a selection of shellfish, salads or favorites such as Baked Clams Orsini, Peekytoe Crabcake, or Steak Tartare that is finished tableside. For the main course, there is a choice of steaks and shanks, including the famed Crackling Pork Shank with Firecracker Applesauce, lobsters and composed options such as Chicken Under a Brick, Pan-Seared Atlantic Salmon, or Beef Shortrib Stroganoff. An array of inventive sides complete the meal, like Gruyere Soufflé, Fried Herb Tater Tots, Broccoli and Pimento Cheese. The desserts inspire nostalgia with a individual red velvet cake served, grasshopper pie for two, and a selection of house-made sorbets, sherbets and ice creams.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maloney & Porcelli reviews from OpenTable diners
208 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (101)fit for foodies (77)good for groups (63)romantic (58)notable wine list (56)neighborhood gem (46)great for lunch (33)vibrant bar scene (30)hot spot (21)late-night find (11)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- GreatJudithVIPDined on 9/16/2014Great food, service, ambience and value! Love M&P!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/11/2014This restaurant was expensive, but the experience was worth it! We had the crab cake and the gnocchi for appetizers, and they were fantastic. My wife had the lobster for an entree, and declared it was to-die-for. A waiter even came to the table and shelled it for her! I had the Roquefort-crusted filet, and it was perfectly cooked. I would recommend this place to anyone!Special Features:
- A Go-To PlaceJudithVIPDined on 9/11/2014The service, ambience and food never fail to disappoint. I bring special guests and I have never regretted my choice of taking them to M&P. It can get pricey, but has always been worth it. Don't miss the cracklin pork shank and firecracker applesauce!Special Features:
- PERFECT!STEVENFROMSETAUKETNEWYORKVIPDined on 9/10/2014ABSOLUTELY PERFECT EXPERIENCE! FROM APPETIZERS TO DESSERT! WILL REVISIT AGAIN AND AGAIN!
- still no resolve from Opentable!!!!lovedbyclientsVIPDined on 9/9/2014please credit my account for 1000 pts for Aug 2 at Hush restaurant in Toronto The resto has even sent in a copy of the bill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wine dinnerBruceVIPDined on 9/7/2014The weekend wine dinner is hard to beat (served only after 8pm)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveDined on 9/6/2014I have always had a great experience when I go there. I always center my trips to New York around having dinner at that restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceSwaineyDined on 9/6/2014Booked this steak house without not knowing much about it but wanted to take our friends from the UK to a restaurant that wasn't part of a large chain. The place was relaxed and informal and the waiter who served us was very knowledgable both about the food and wine. Portions are big so don't over indulge. The steaks were cooked to perfection and the atmosphere was lively and friendly - I would definitely go ther againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!KnowMyFoodVIPDined on 9/4/2014First class, genuine NYC Steakhouse! Perfectly cooked steak (got the Rib steak), and scrumptious taste! I'll be back...!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid and reliableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/3/2014Just enough of a portion of steak tartare leaves you wanting more followed by a Bronson Pinchot steak cooked to perfection with the most tasty red wine, shallot and butter sauce that is prepared tableside. Service was excellent. We got there for an early 5:30 dinner on a Wed amongst the first people there and by the time we left the place was packed. The atmosphere was quietly buzzing, and perfect mix of quality food, drink and service to be able to have a conversation over dinner and catch up with a good friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine Dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Had the wine dinner. One of the best we've had. ExcellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Deal in NYCTerryDined on 8/29/2014The $79 wine dinner is the best deal in NYC. Comes to about $100/person with tax and tip. Any starter, main course, and dessert off of the menu plus unlimited wine parings. $79 would roughly be the cost of a starter and entree alone. Excellent service and "Mad Men" ambiance. One tip - do not order the cherries jubilee - this is for two but could easily feed 10 - plus everyone looks at your party when it is served - way too much. It was listed "for two" but we only ate about a quarter of it together.Special Features:
- Great Food. Great Service.Lemonpop5Dined on 8/29/2014We tried the 'Wine Dinner' offer. What a mid town bargain! Superb. Excellent food with the whole a la carte menu from which to choose and a very satisfactory wine selection. Plus a very high standard of service. We WILL be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014best restaurant we have been to since we went to sister restaurant Quality Meats. The manger is wonderful and the wait staff is the best I've seen in a long time. Very knowledgeable in the food and wine. We will be back. Quality Italian the next night. Would not go back.Special Features:
- Chicken ParmOnePennVIPDined on 8/26/2014the Chicken Parm was great, The Tuna was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lobsta thermador pot piepalace123Dined on 8/25/2014Interesting and tasty food. Over all very good... only I dont like when service people try to be too engaged . The waiter was fantastic. Did not like this woman who was trying to help out our waiter..who is she ... ? This is not about her ...we are having a private dinner...her coming over constantly is distracting!! Everything else qas just fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place in GothamStermerDined on 8/23/2014My girlfriend and I always make this our first dining stop whenever we're in Manhattan. The wait staff is the best anywhere; not bothering you all the time, but right there with whatever you need before you realize you need it. Ask to sit in "TT's" section. He's the best waiter in Manhattan. The steaks are great. Just don't order the "Fried Clams Casino". Whomever came up with this dish just doesn't understand Italian cooking. They should take this off the menu, or call it something else. It doesn't taste, or isn't prepared, like anything close to "Clams Casino." But we still love this place.Special Features:
- Good ReviewPORTVIPDined on 8/19/2014Great food, esp. seafood. Excellent service. Somewhat pricey, but worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Go To Steak Place in NYCAndQVIPDined on 8/18/2014Never disappoints. Gigantic steaks that are perfectly cooked, solid steakhouse sides and good cocktail and wine list. Have yet to make it to the desert menu - too full! Only complaint is the pre-dinner bread. While the soft (and warm) pretzel sticks are good, I really want a better offering of different kinds (like other steak houses). I'll keep coming back.Special Features:
- VGntwrklnchDined on 8/16/2014Very good food and service. Staff was very attentive.
- August 16, 2014PatriciaDined on 8/16/2014Yes, this restaurant is expensive, but worth every cent. I have have been enjoying Filet Migon for 30 years, but this steak was the BEST I have ever had. I ordered it blackened which most eateries do not offer. The steak was prepared PERFECTLY. The tomato, onioin and basil salad was excellent, the tater tots were really, really good. The wait staff was attentive, but not intrusive, We cannot say one negative thing. have nothing bad to say about Maloney and Porcelli, it is perfect in every way and we return when we visit the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect steakgutiDined on 8/15/2014this is a old school NYC steak house that cooks evrything perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great in NYCmoresunDined on 8/15/2014Great Friday night dinning! The food and service was outstanding!Special Features:
- GOOD MENU...WELL PREPAREDDEB1VIPDined on 8/15/2014I say it's consistent, reliable, very good midtown venue for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- It must be August in NYCXNewYorkerReturnedDined on 8/14/2014Normally I love-love their crackling pork. It's their signature dish and definitely worth what ever they charge. Thursday night was a disappointment. The pork had been overdone and the applesauce was lacking its normal punch More upsetting than the disappointment in my favorite dish was the managers reaction when he asked how our dinner was. When told, he just sort of shrugged and walked away. All I could think was that it must be August in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant week dinnerLeanneDined on 8/14/2014Dined at Maloney & Porcelli during summer restaurant week. They had a great selection to chose from- unlike many other steakhouses who only put chicken and pasta on their restaurant week menus. The service was attentive but not overbearing. I had the sea scallops appetizer, surf and turf entree and caramel sea salt ice cream for dessert. All were great. Would definitely come back for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014We had the best service off a wonderful man.. Would definatly go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Week treatamymDined on 8/13/2014Went for restaurant week and the experience was fantastic. On a regular night, even for a treat, the food would be a bit too expensive for what it is, with the exception of the steak, which was truly spectacular.Special Features:
- Great FoodMikeDVIPDined on 8/13/2014Lively fun ambiance...great food...attentive serviceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekDanCVIPDined on 8/12/2014Had not been in the restaurant for a few years and happened to do it during restaurant week. Decided to try the prix fixe menu. 10 oz filet was done perfectly and my wife loved her fish entree.Special Features:
- favoriteplaceDined on 8/11/2014Always great rib-eye cooked to perfection and loved the pork shank on a recent visit. Also tried the gorgonzola grits...scrumptious!Special Features:
- Great deal!georgezDined on 8/9/2014We've always loved the steak here so decided to stop by for dinner after a day at the museum - easy enough making a last minute reservation via the opentable app. Our waiter recommended the 3 course, all you can drink wine special for $79. Great deal, good food. Will try to make it back again before it ends. Too bad there was a drunk table near us otherwise it would have been a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food, wine and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Ensure you visit Maloney and Porcelli when in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy.JoeLeeDined on 8/8/2014(1)The food is not bad. (2) The service is just ok. The waitress is too busy to service us. The waiter is nice though. (3) It's way too noisy here. I cannot here what my family said. (4) I'm not sure if I will give another try.Special Features:
- Outstanding in most all regards.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014This restaurant was recommended by a close relative from outside the city as a place to have excellent food and wine. We easily made reservAtione using Open Table and when we arrived (Friday night), they were expecting us. They first seated the 3 of us near the bar , and when we mentioned that the bar was loud, they relocated us up stairs. We all ordered the "wine dinner", which paired wine (including refills) with our meals. The food, wine, and service was excellent. When I staggered our, I barely recall finding a cab to get home. Would gladly go back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must Eat While In NYC!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014We were on vacation in NYC and decided to try Maloney and porcelli's for dinner. The clams we had as an appetizer were very tasteful and hit the spot. Soon after, the prime ribeyes we ordered came. That was probably the best steak I had ever eaten. We are from Texas and have excellent steak houses nearby. So we know good steak. The steaks we had for dinner here at Maloney and porcelli's we cooked excellent and very tender. We would definitely recommend this restaurant to our friends and family. This is a must eat while in NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week birthday dinner!FoodieinNYDined on 8/7/2014I had a wonderful time here. Food was delicious (fish appetizer was amazing! So were the scallops! And dont even get me started on the desserts... All of them were great!) even tho we ordered off the restaurant week menu! Fast, friendly service. Great for business lunches and dinners, as well as celebratory dinners. The waiter brought out a special bday cake that was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekslal3Dined on 8/7/2014We booked a table for 6 during restaurant week. The selections were really good. My husband & I both got the wedge salad, which was huge! We both also, got the filet for our main course, which was huge but cooked a little too well. The main course did not come with any sides So, we got the Taylor tots and spinach for the table. It was was than ample. My husband finished with the cantaloupe sorbet. I got the coconut cake. Which again was on the large side. It was a great experience. I would go back. Oh, and my husband got a glass of the house red and loved it.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekBingoDined on 8/7/2014Portions were very good for restaurant week! Scallops were melt in your mouth, filet mignon tasty and the coconut cake was delish!Special Features:
- Maloney & Porcellicjc1989Dined on 8/6/2014Service was beyond excellent and the food/restaurant week deal is off the chartsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.