Maloney & Porcelli
37 E. 50th St.
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Maloney & Porcelli
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.maloneyandporcelli.com/
- Phone: 2127502233
- Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Friday Lunch: 11:45am to 3:30pm Dinner: 3:30pm to 11:00pm Dinner: 4:30pm to 11:30pm Dinner: 4:30pm to 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: JAMES JERMYN
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: The time honored tradition of the beefsteak & wine feast has returned to the newly re-launched Maloney & Porcelli. Executive Chef James Jermyn have created a smorgasbord of house specialties & off the menu items that captures the celebratory spirit of a time gone by.
Saturday Evenings Beginning at 7pm
$85 Per Person (Exclusive of Tax and Gratuity)
We ask that the Whole Table Participates
A word from Maloney & Porcelli
Maloney & Porcelli is a clubby new American restaurant that draws inspiration from a simpler time when three martini lunches were alive and well, steak was for dinner, and servers anticipated guests’ every need, even completing dishes tableside. Begin meals at Maloney & Porcelli with a selection of shellfish, salads or favorites such as Baked Clams Orsini, Peekytoe Crabcake, or Steak Tartare that is finished tableside. For the main course, there is a choice of steaks and shanks, including the famed Crackling Pork Shank with Firecracker Applesauce, lobsters and composed options such as Chicken Under a Brick, Pan-Seared Atlantic Salmon, or Beef Shortrib Stroganoff. An array of inventive sides complete the meal, like Gruyere Soufflé, Fried Herb Tater Tots, Broccoli and Pimento Cheese. The desserts inspire nostalgia with a individual red velvet cake served, grasshopper pie for two, and a selection of house-made sorbets, sherbets and ice creams.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maloney & Porcelli reviews from OpenTable diners
213 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (99)fit for foodies (80)good for groups (68)romantic (58)neighborhood gem (58)notable wine list (51)great for lunch (32)vibrant bar scene (29)hot spot (25)late-night find (13)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- One of NY's FinestGanzmaVIPDined on 10/27/2014Potentially overshadowed by other big name and newer steak joints in the city but it shouldn't be. Steaks were so tender and cooked perfectly. Great wine list with a number of true gems tucked away. Service was impeccable- almost too good! Noise level is fun but you can have a conversation- something I can't do at other competitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/25/2014was somewhat disappointed for the price. have been to much better steakhouses. definitely expected more. steak was just ok and the tater tots were a disappointment. the one highlight was the special drink of the day with fresh grapefruit.
- Good meatyummyDined on 10/24/2014M.P. is a good NYC steak house. As with all VERY expensive. They forgot to place the order for my dinner so my husbands steak sat getting cold while they tried to hustle mine out - which I told them to forget about it. They did offer us free desert for the inconvience but later took the forgotten item off the bill after a conversation with a very nice GM. Overall ther sister rest. Quality Meats is better. Stay clear of tater tots - you could bust a tooth on them.Special Features:
- We had a great experiencelgca11Dined on 10/24/2014We did the wine dinner, and had a great time. The food was very good, and so were the wines, and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/24/2014My friend and I had the pleasure of dining at Maloney & Porcelli this past weekend. The service was fantastic and my filet was awesome. The smallest filet I could order was a 10oz and with traveling from out of town, I couldn't take leftovers with me; a small cut would have been preferable. While the service was indeed fantastic, the servers were almost "hovering." All in all, fantastic meal, great atmosphere and wonderful service!Special Features:
- TondDined on 10/24/2014Always plenty of ambience without the noise killing conversation. Great bar wines and food, and have cute birthday cakes for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Much better than i thoughteaterVIPDined on 10/23/2014I've been to Maloney and Porcelli only for large group events/dinners. But we went with five people for dinner and it was MUCH better than I thought it would be. Steak, sides and appetizers were terrific. As good as steak place as I've been to in years. Will return soon.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysPandTDined on 10/18/2014We've eaten at Maloney and Porcelli many times over the year and have never been disappointed. The food is great, as is the wait staff. The attention to detail makes it a wonderful go to for all occasions.Special Features:
- good for allergieskpieDined on 10/18/2014Knowledgable waiters, not always easy to go out with allergies, but they made me feel safe...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Timedawgs2winDined on 10/17/2014As always the first restaurant we go to in New York is always Maloney and Porcelli. The food is fabulous and the atmosphere is fun. We really enjoyed our meal this time due to the location of our table, which was downstairs by the window and more private. The steaks were magnificent and two people could easily split one, although we had lots of great left-overs. We always take advantage of the wine pairing which makes the evening even more enjoyable. Job well done.Huge shout out to Owen, our server, for outstanding service and humor, and a special thanks from the GA football fan!!! Sorry Arkansas lost!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceTed45Dined on 10/16/2014This is a great place to go for special occassions. The food is incredible, and with the nightly wine tasting menu available, it is a good deal. Service is top notch and makes a wonderful night!! I enjoy coming here and look forward to coming back.Special Features:
- We had the angry lobster & OMG! YesSuperbDiningDined on 10/14/2014We had the angry lobster & OMG! Yes, Yes, Yes! The best I've ever had. Great energy and really attentive waitstaff and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific dinnermurphDined on 10/12/2014We had a wonderful dinner , just our family. Our waiter was wonderful and really enjoyed the steak presentation, prepared at tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Affiliated with Palace hotelsphamptonDined on 10/11/2014Average at best and overpriced for the quality. Do yourself a favor and walk a few blocks to Capitol Grille of you're staying at the Palace. For $50/steak (no sides), go somewhere else.
- disappointedgivemesomethingoodDined on 10/10/2014We dined for dinner. First of all it was so dark the waiter could see we were struggling to see the menu so he turn the lights up. We had an veal meatballs as an appetizer. They were just ok..A little too salty not much flavor. We both ordered a house salad which consisted of a half bag of mixed salad greens and a 1/4 of unripe tomato. I ordered the pork shank and I had no idea it was fried! It was not stated on the menu. There was so much fat on the piece that it was tough navigating to find the meat.The firecracker applesauce was tasteless. My husband did enjoy his salmon dish and we both enjoyed the icebox chocolate cake and pineapple sorbet.Special Features:
- The Tuna was greatOnePennVIPDined on 10/10/2014Pork shank was wild so good great wine by the GlassSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoiseyNickDined on 10/7/2014I found the restaurant to be noisey. The service & food were both good.Special Features:
- Great restaurantRT621Dined on 10/6/2014Fabulous food, service, and ambience. It was perfect for a private birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing serviceexohlorrDined on 10/5/2014I went to celebrate both of my parents birthdays and noted that in the open table reservation and they took very good care of us! Free champagne, healthy pours and a red velvet birthday cake at the end made the whole night very special for all of us.Special Features:
- exceeded anticipationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Chose Maloney & Porcelli because 1) curious about the $79 wine dinner, 2) open late enough on a Thursday night to have dinner after a 7pm Broadway show. Well! The staff was very polite and professional, and did not hover. The food was excellent-my guest said they'd never had a better filet, and the wine choices were very good (Decoy-yummy). I will definitely return, and recommend Maloney & Porcelli to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The fun yet classy business dinnerJaychrisleeDined on 9/30/2014Had a business dinner here, breat bar scene before reservation to relax from day, then to tables which are somewhat private. Great service and menu. Food prepared per our requests and no rush service. Had 3hr dinner then back to bar for night cap. Palace hotel is next door so always be prepared for a run-in with a dignitary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidboogsDined on 9/28/2014This is my second time here and wanted to make sure the first visit was not a fluke. M&P did not disappoint. Everything was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RevangeDined on 9/27/2014A very nice evening with friends and good food and wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDinerFortyninerVIPDined on 9/24/2014I have gone to M&P frequently over the years and always been pleased. My lost recent visit was disappointing. The scallop appetizer was nearly tasteless and a bad value at $19. The steaks were at best "okay" but that M&P prices, I expected more. Service was cloying. Not returning for a while.
- Consistentcm160Dined on 9/20/2014I have visited Maloney and Porcelli several times during the past 6 years. The quality of the food, the superb service and the atmosphere have been consistently outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSocawaDined on 9/19/2014I was in the city for my 21 marriage anerversery and we decided to have dinner there,it was the best thing we did.every thing we order we greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Lunch / LuncheonKnittingMomDined on 9/18/2014Our wine week lunch was great Our 110 people luncheo on sunday was even better.... we love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatJudithVIPDined on 9/16/2014Great food, service, ambience and value! Love M&P!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BruceVIPDined on 9/12/2014great top-shelf stake house in the heart of mid-twonSpecial Features:
- Excellent all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/11/2014This restaurant was expensive, but the experience was worth it! We had the crab cake and the gnocchi for appetizers, and they were fantastic. My wife had the lobster for an entree, and declared it was to-die-for. A waiter even came to the table and shelled it for her! I had the Roquefort-crusted filet, and it was perfectly cooked. I would recommend this place to anyone!Special Features:
- A Go-To PlaceJudithVIPDined on 9/11/2014The service, ambience and food never fail to disappoint. I bring special guests and I have never regretted my choice of taking them to M&P. It can get pricey, but has always been worth it. Don't miss the cracklin pork shank and firecracker applesauce!Special Features:
- PERFECT!STEVENFROMSETAUKETNEWYORKVIPDined on 9/10/2014ABSOLUTELY PERFECT EXPERIENCE! FROM APPETIZERS TO DESSERT! WILL REVISIT AGAIN AND AGAIN!
- still no resolve from Opentable!!!!lovedbyclientsVIPDined on 9/9/2014please credit my account for 1000 pts for Aug 2 at Hush restaurant in Toronto The resto has even sent in a copy of the bill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wine dinnerBruceVIPDined on 9/7/2014The weekend wine dinner is hard to beat (served only after 8pm)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveDined on 9/6/2014I have always had a great experience when I go there. I always center my trips to New York around having dinner at that restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceSwaineyDined on 9/6/2014Booked this steak house without not knowing much about it but wanted to take our friends from the UK to a restaurant that wasn't part of a large chain. The place was relaxed and informal and the waiter who served us was very knowledgable both about the food and wine. Portions are big so don't over indulge. The steaks were cooked to perfection and the atmosphere was lively and friendly - I would definitely go ther againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!KnowMyFoodVIPDined on 9/4/2014First class, genuine NYC Steakhouse! Perfectly cooked steak (got the Rib steak), and scrumptious taste! I'll be back...!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid and reliableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/3/2014Just enough of a portion of steak tartare leaves you wanting more followed by a Bronson Pinchot steak cooked to perfection with the most tasty red wine, shallot and butter sauce that is prepared tableside. Service was excellent. We got there for an early 5:30 dinner on a Wed amongst the first people there and by the time we left the place was packed. The atmosphere was quietly buzzing, and perfect mix of quality food, drink and service to be able to have a conversation over dinner and catch up with a good friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine Dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Had the wine dinner. One of the best we've had. ExcellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Deal in NYCTerryDined on 8/29/2014The $79 wine dinner is the best deal in NYC. Comes to about $100/person with tax and tip. Any starter, main course, and dessert off of the menu plus unlimited wine parings. $79 would roughly be the cost of a starter and entree alone. Excellent service and "Mad Men" ambiance. One tip - do not order the cherries jubilee - this is for two but could easily feed 10 - plus everyone looks at your party when it is served - way too much. It was listed "for two" but we only ate about a quarter of it together.Special Features: