Maloney & Porcelli
37 E. 50th St.
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Maloney & Porcelli
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.maloneyandporcelli.com/
- Phone: (212) 750-2233
- Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Friday Lunch: 11:45am to 3:30pm Dinner: 3:30pm to 11:00pm Dinner: 4:30pm to 11:30pm Dinner: 4:30pm to 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: JAMES JERMYN
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: The time honored tradition of the beefsteak & wine feast has returned to the newly re-launched Maloney & Porcelli. Executive Chef James Jermyn have created a smorgasbord of house specialties & off the menu items that captures the celebratory spirit of a time gone by.
Saturday Evenings Beginning at 7pm
$85 Per Person (Exclusive of Tax and Gratuity)
We ask that the Whole Table Participates
A word from Maloney & Porcelli
Maloney & Porcelli is a clubby new American restaurant that draws inspiration from a simpler time when three martini lunches were alive and well, steak was for dinner, and servers anticipated guests’ every need, even completing dishes tableside. Begin meals at Maloney & Porcelli with a selection of shellfish, salads or favorites such as Baked Clams Orsini, Peekytoe Crabcake, or Steak Tartare that is finished tableside. For the main course, there is a choice of steaks and shanks, including the famed Crackling Pork Shank with Firecracker Applesauce, lobsters and composed options such as Chicken Under a Brick, Pan-Seared Atlantic Salmon, or Beef Shortrib Stroganoff. An array of inventive sides complete the meal, like Gruyere Soufflé, Fried Herb Tater Tots, Broccoli and Pimento Cheese. The desserts inspire nostalgia with a individual red velvet cake served, grasshopper pie for two, and a selection of house-made sorbets, sherbets and ice creams.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maloney & Porcelli reviews from OpenTable diners
199 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (99)fit for foodies (77)good for groups (68)neighborhood gem (56)romantic (52)notable wine list (51)great for lunch (31)vibrant bar scene (29)hot spot (27)late-night find (14)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Great price for the 4 courselucyVIPDined on 10/18/2008Great price for the 4 course meal and unlimited wine!Special Features:
- Excellent food and oustandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/13/2008Excellent food and oustanding service. The wine list is extensive enough.Special Features:
- Excellent food, great steaks,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/10/2008Excellent food, great steaks, good service and terrific bread basketSpecial Features:
- I always love the crispy porkOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/8/2008I always love the crispy pork with firecracker apple sauce. The poutine is wonderful and daring. The drinks are awesome.Special Features:
- The wine dinner was great,stingrayVIPDined on 10/4/2008The wine dinner was great, better than Cite. The lobster cocktail was a whole lobster! All entrees were great and everyone had a great time. I'd go back.Special Features:
- This place was amazing! WeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/3/2008This place was amazing! We did the wine dinner which was outstanding! The white wine could be a better choice, but besides that everything was great! The portion size was great, the steak was a decent size and my wine glass was never empty! I highly recommend that!Special Features:
- Very good food. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2008Very good food. Service was impeccable and we had a marvelous time. Would recommend.Special Features:
- We had an 8:30 reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/20/2008We had an 8:30 reservation with a confirmation # from open table Hostess said we had a 9:oo reservation is that possible that they would have received a different time for us ?? We had arrived at about 8:15 she said we would have to go to the bar and have a drink We were there for the wine dinner and really did not want to have a drink She did seat us after about 10 ( as there were plenty of open tables--we could see them ..and she did seat us right off the hostess stand and door ) But the evening started us off on the wrong foot
- Typical big-time, expensivesunnyshelVIPDined on 9/17/2008Typical big-time, expensive steak house. Crackling pork shank is an amazing dish!
- We have been to Maloney andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/16/2008We have been to Maloney and Porcelli about three times, twice for wine week. The food is very good and the service is excellent. Our son is a chef in NY and we took him this past visit and he was happily surprised at the taste of the steak that I had. He said "that is how a steak is supposed to taste - seasoned".Special Features:
- we had a great drink at theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2008we had a great drink at the bar before dining, they were relaxed with us and really friendly. they gave us a free glass each of champers for my friends birthday too.Special Features:
- IF YOU'RE GOING FOR THEIROpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/2/2008IF YOU'RE GOING FOR THEIR SIGNATURE 'CRACKLIN PORKCHOP', TAKE A CHOLESTRAL FIGHTING DRUG BEFORE YOU ORDER!! GREAT SKIN, TOUGH MEAT AND LOTS 'O FAT...I MEAN LOTS, LIKE 45% WAS DISSAPPOINTED TOO IN THE SIX OYSTERS ON THE HALF SHELL, YOU COULDNT HAVE FOUND THEM WITH A MAGNIFYING GLASS......NOTHING SPECIAL, MOVE ON. GLAD I GOT THIS ONE OUT OF MY SYSTEM, NOT SORRY I WENT BUT NOT THRILLED ENOUGH WITH ANYTHING TO GO BACK. SERVICE WAS ABOVE PAR AND FAST. GOOD PLACE FOR OUT OF TOWNERS WITH NO EXPECTATIONS.
- I am still shocked that youLdc268VIPDined on 9/2/2008I am still shocked that you order a bottle of water $8 and they bring two open bottles. We never used the second bottle and of course they charged us $8, gouging a bit no?Special Features:
- Loved the Wine Dinner. AOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2008Loved the Wine Dinner. A great value and nice selections of wines.Special Features:
- I've been here a couple timesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2008I've been here a couple times and always start with the seafood mixed appetizer platter. The server was great this time cause he used our tastes to make suggestions on portions and what was good on that specific night. I will say that just for 2 people, the seafood mixed appetizer and the Wine Weekend Special was a little much. All the food was outstanding, but I definitely saw a bump in my wallet and didn't need to eat almost at all for a whole entire day afterwards. But the environment is beautiful and very comfortable. Food is outstanding and the waitstaff are tremendously helpful.Special Features:
- The food here is not specialOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/19/2008The food here is not special and is very expensive for what you get. I had a special of the day .... a steak sandwich that was very tough and impossible to eat as a sandwich. Nice place on a nice day when they can have the doors open. Enjoyed the atmosphere for lunch and the service was fine.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/13/2008Excellent food and service. The staff made you feel part of the family!Special Features:
- The weekend wine dinner isOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 8/10/2008The weekend wine dinner is not to be missed. A great bargain in Manhattan - I'm surprised that there is not a line around the block waiting for the wine dinner. Where else in Manhattan can you go for $75 for a three course steak dinner and all the premium wine you can drink?
- Steak was very good, appetizerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/6/2008Steak was very good, appetizer menu not really fitting to a steakhouse, Steak quality great a little over cooked. I will go againSpecial Features:
- Very good portions, particularlyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/31/2008Very good portions, particularly a variety of breads, or well prepared foodsSpecial Features:
- This recent visit was notOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/30/2008This recent visit was not as favorable as my last dining expereince at Maloney & Porcelli. From the dirty wine glasses, the change in waiter mid meal, to the obnoxious table next to us and the fatty steak...I would never recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:
- Absolutely GREAT restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/29/2008Absolutely GREAT restaurant - fantastic food; great service!Special Features:
- Service was attentive. DecorOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2008Service was attentive. Decor was quite nice. Our table was ready when promised, in fact the hostess allowed us to enjoy the bar and decide when we wanted to be seated. Food was very good, a bit pricey but in line with most NYC steak houses and probably a bit less expensive than many of the more well known venues. My out-of-town guests thoroughily enjoyed the experience as did I.Special Features:
- I visited M&P during RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2008I visited M&P during Restaurant week for lunch, and found their scallop dish to be executed very nicely. Service was attentive and polite. Overall, it was an enjoyable lunch experience.Special Features:
- The food and atmosphere wereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/25/2008The food and atmosphere were wonderful and we had a great time. This was the second time that we went during restaurant week and we had a wonderful time - I would highly recommend it!!Special Features:
- Thoroughly enjoyed it! WillOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2008Thoroughly enjoyed it! Will definitely come again. Even though there was a mix-up in my Open Table reservation (i.e. my name was not on their list even though I had a confirmation number), they still gave me a table with minimum fuss. Cannot wait for my next visit there.Special Features:
- Maloney has lost it's sparkOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/24/2008Maloney has lost it's spark but still had good steaks. The bar gets a little crowded after work so it's a good stop just to drink one and then move on. With so many options in midtown, I think it needs to be renovated in order to go back to it's former glory.Special Features:
- We liked the food but hadOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/24/2008We liked the food but had our meal ruined by a loud two year old that was screaming constantly and running all over the place. This behavior may be cute at home but it is not amusing at a restaurant. The coconut cake was a pale imitation of what it used to be. Instead of big crunchy flakes as in the past, there were only small shreds of coconut. Also the icing was downgraded to buttercream from an almost pure whipped cream. Also, the salad could have had three or four little pieces of tomato instead of one litle piece.Special Features:
- I've eaten at Maloney & PorcelliDorisCDined on 7/24/2008I've eaten at Maloney & Porcelli before and have enjoyed it. This time, I feel they really cut the portions for Restaurant Week, it wasn't the same. Not sure if I'll return again during restaurant week.
- I imagine that the qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/24/2008I imagine that the quality of dishes for the restaurant week lunch menu was not of as high a standard as the normal offering, though it was still enjoyable. Air conditioning was too chilly.
- My wife and I had a gift certificatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/23/2008My wife and I had a gift certificate for Maloney & Porcelli's that we used while in NYC for our anniversary and her birthday. All my requests were met & they even brought us 2 glasses of champagne at 2 separate occations on the night to celebrate. Food was great, i had the fillet mignon and my wife had the halibut. Service was great! Ambiance was loud and not quite romantic, but the waiter sure made you feel like you were celebrating a special night. At the end of the evening, the waiter came up to our table and stated "Congratulations on your special evening, we have waived the drink order on your bill for the night." That was not expected but extremely appreciated. Our experience was an enjoyable one! Thanks M&P for a great night!Special Features:
- The service was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/23/2008The service was excellent and the decor was impressive.Special Features:
- The salad dressing had noOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 7/23/2008The salad dressing had no zing and fresh pepper was never offered. I felt abandoned. By contrast, the next day I had lunch at Porter House where service was what one would expect and the salad dressing had a zing. The entrees at both restaurants were done nicely but at these prices there is no reason for settle for less than everything.
- I enjoied with my friend,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/23/2008I enjoied with my friend, very much. I am going to go this restaurant for my friend's birthday next time.Special Features:
- great business lunch!!!!!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/22/2008great business lunch!!!!!!!!!! everything was PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Bad service - we had to askOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/21/2008Bad service - we had to ask them to bring our desert after waiting for a long time. Dessert at lunch should not be serves an hour and 20 min after being seated and long after the meal plates were cleared.
- This was a repeat voisit fromOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/21/2008This was a repeat voisit from a group of middle-aged women--we are always delighted with the serviceSpecial Features:
- I found the atmosphere a bitAnthonyVIPDined on 7/21/2008I found the atmosphere a bit sterile. More attention was paid to regulars than we newcomers.
- My wife and I had an excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/20/2008My wife and I had an excellent dining experience here! The food and service was top notch! Next time we're in NYC, we will definitely come back!Special Features:
- BEST RIB EYE STEAK EVER EATEN.tftmomDined on 7/20/2008BEST RIB EYE STEAK EVER EATEN. WINE DINNER WAS SUPERB. SERVERS WERE WONDERFUL.Special Features: