Maloney & Porcelli
37 E. 50th St.
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Maloney & Porcelli
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.maloneyandporcelli.com/
- Phone: (212) 750-2233
- Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Friday Lunch: 11:45am to 3:30pm Dinner: 3:30pm to 11:00pm Dinner: 4:30pm to 11:30pm Dinner: 4:30pm to 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: JAMES JERMYN
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: The time honored tradition of the beefsteak & wine feast has returned to the newly re-launched Maloney & Porcelli. Executive Chef James Jermyn have created a smorgasbord of house specialties & off the menu items that captures the celebratory spirit of a time gone by.
Saturday Evenings Beginning at 7pm
$85 Per Person (Exclusive of Tax and Gratuity)
We ask that the Whole Table Participates
A word from Maloney & Porcelli
Maloney & Porcelli is a clubby new American restaurant that draws inspiration from a simpler time when three martini lunches were alive and well, steak was for dinner, and servers anticipated guests’ every need, even completing dishes tableside. Begin meals at Maloney & Porcelli with a selection of shellfish, salads or favorites such as Baked Clams Orsini, Peekytoe Crabcake, or Steak Tartare that is finished tableside. For the main course, there is a choice of steaks and shanks, including the famed Crackling Pork Shank with Firecracker Applesauce, lobsters and composed options such as Chicken Under a Brick, Pan-Seared Atlantic Salmon, or Beef Shortrib Stroganoff. An array of inventive sides complete the meal, like Gruyere Soufflé, Fried Herb Tater Tots, Broccoli and Pimento Cheese. The desserts inspire nostalgia with a individual red velvet cake served, grasshopper pie for two, and a selection of house-made sorbets, sherbets and ice creams.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maloney & Porcelli reviews from OpenTable diners
196 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (98)fit for foodies (76)good for groups (67)neighborhood gem (55)notable wine list (51)romantic (50)great for lunch (30)vibrant bar scene (30)hot spot (26)late-night find (13)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- TheresaPVIPDined on 11/17/2014When waiter approached the table I thought he was the busboy.... Nice guy, but didn't have the 'waiter' presence which tells me that he hasn't been trained properly. Ordered steak medium rare, and came to the table rare... It took several minutes for me to get waiter's attention, and he whisked it off promptly. I took a bite of the creamed spinach while I was waiting, and it was lukewarm at best, so when the steak came back (recooked with slice missing) I had to send the creamed spinach back. Waiter, meaning well, delivered a side of mashed potatoes to me to tide me over until the spinach came...and immediately left before i could tell him I had no interest in the mashed potatoes. Sigh... Decent steak, but certainly not the best I have had in NY.
- Best Steak House in NYCTkussowDined on 11/16/2014Second time at M&P and can't w to go back. Superior food and service. Deven our waiter was the best server I had in years & years. Traditional house w NYC style. Attentive staff & perfect dishes from appetizers to deserts. Mentioned my wife's Birthday- and a simple stylish cake and candle appeared! Subtle and classy all around! THANKS M&P! I'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing steakJackDined on 11/14/2014I ordered a sirloin steak , medium rare. I received my steak with a singed top but my first few mouthful had carbon - this was certainly not what I wanted to taste. The internal consistency was also inconsistent - some parts were rare and some medium rare. of course this could vary by restaurant but my grouse was that it was inconsistent. service was prompt and attentive throughout. Portion sizes were large. I ordered a side of baby carrots which also looked a bit overdone - perhaps that's the style of the chef. didn't work for me
- Great Fun But Not Great FoodPankoVIPDined on 11/14/2014We've been coming to M&P since the 90s, and it's always a lot of fun. This place is always hopping Friday at lunchtime. Top notch service, great pours from the bar. It's a nice, broad menu, but the kitchen doesn't consistently get the job done right. The portions are typically generous, but the cooking is frequently subpar--as it was this time. My Muffaletta was OK, but nothing special. My wife's burger was awful. She ordered medium rare and it came WELL DONE. Shameful. The homemade ice creams for dessert were excellent. We will continue to come back, but it's less for the food than the overall fun experience.Special Features:
- PERFECTalbertorccDined on 11/10/2014I am not living in NY,then once a year I visit M&P with my wifw.I really is a Perfect expirience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- couldnt do enough for us.FabulousfiletDined on 11/9/2014I have eaten in many steak houses in NYC and now, I would have to rate this as my favorite... Food was amazing, service was impeccable... We had Devon as our server and he was extremely knowledgable about the menu and wines to pair the food with...he Made the night exceptional for my girlfriend and I.... I would whileheartedly recommend this restaurant to anyone thinking of going out for a steak In NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYC's Best!EandCTDined on 11/6/2014A must add to the list of greatest NYC steak houses. Don't miss the opportunity to go.Special Features:
- Fantastictk11743Dined on 11/6/2014Overall great experience - recently went for dinner with former work colleagues; started at bar and was surprised at the generous cocktail size - usually only the price is large! After warming up we were seated and enjoyed excellent service and food. The Silver Oak magnum was also an affordable wine selection to go with the steaks. If you haven't tried M&P go ahead, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Well Below AverageRSHouck3VIPDined on 11/5/2014Let's start with the table. It should not exist in a decent restaurant. Right next to the 2nd floor kitchen door and a work station. Steak - not cooked as ordered and not juicy or tender. Wine - good and reasonably priced. Service - attentive and knowledgeable, except about how the kitchen cooks steaks. The kitchen DID prepare a special grilled vegetable main course for one (non-vegetarian) member of the group. It looked pretty good.
- Feeling hungry?HeatherSDined on 11/4/2014I visited M and Paul on the recommendation of a friend. My reservation was late at night as I had been to a Broadway show. Possibly I was therefore past being at my most - hungry. I ordered the signature dish. Pork shank with apple sauce. To say it was massive in size would be an understatement! It was certainly tasty, but the size of the portion was over-whelming. Lovely restaurant and great service thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rated A plus!BabsVIPDined on 11/3/2014A great steakhouse with many exceptional features ! Steaks in 2 sizes,several choices of filet mignon preparations,chicken,lamb,veal,pork and fish were available too. Delicious and large shrimp cocktail ,oysters,diver scallop appetizers ,and side dishes were all exceptional. Save room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was okay... didn't match pricervanpDined on 11/2/2014I really liked the atmosphere, the service was great. I was really looking forward to a great steak after running the NY Marathon. Didn't live up to expectations. I felt the filet I ordered had the texture of New York cut rather than a filet which is always my steak of choice at home or out in a restaurant. At this price point I expected better quality. More obvious grainy texture if that makes sense with not a lot of flavour. I felt for the calibre of restaurant they fell short here. At least on this occasion. The sides were delicious as were the desserts (Red Velvet Cake :) I think the wine list leaned to the high end as far as pricing is concerned. An okay experience but wouldn't bring me back with so many other choices in the city.
- Best Rib Steak EverMrPrideDined on 11/2/2014My Dry Aged Prime Rib Steak was the best I ever had. I will be back soon for for another.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Dining in Maloney and Porcelli is an excellent way to end an enjoyable evening at the theatre. We were given a very warm welcome and escorted to a good table. The service was very attentive and we enjoyed the best food so far! I look forward to dining there again on my next visit to New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great steak and moreScottyr2Dined on 11/1/2014I decided last minute to celebrate my birthday with a big steak. I made a 10 pm reservation. The staff seated me quickly, offered a drink, and the level of good service never ebbed. My wine glass never sat empty, my server knew the menu and checked on me enough to be attentive, but not so much he hovered. The ribeye was perfectly cooked and flavorful, the asparagus nicely done. Dessert was huge and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of NY's FinestGanzmaVIPDined on 10/27/2014Potentially overshadowed by other big name and newer steak joints in the city but it shouldn't be. Steaks were so tender and cooked perfectly. Great wine list with a number of true gems tucked away. Service was impeccable- almost too good! Noise level is fun but you can have a conversation- something I can't do at other competitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/25/2014was somewhat disappointed for the price. have been to much better steakhouses. definitely expected more. steak was just ok and the tater tots were a disappointment. the one highlight was the special drink of the day with fresh grapefruit.
- Good meatyummyDined on 10/24/2014M.P. is a good NYC steak house. As with all VERY expensive. They forgot to place the order for my dinner so my husbands steak sat getting cold while they tried to hustle mine out - which I told them to forget about it. They did offer us free desert for the inconvience but later took the forgotten item off the bill after a conversation with a very nice GM. Overall ther sister rest. Quality Meats is better. Stay clear of tater tots - you could bust a tooth on them.Special Features:
- We had a great experiencelgca11Dined on 10/24/2014We did the wine dinner, and had a great time. The food was very good, and so were the wines, and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/24/2014My friend and I had the pleasure of dining at Maloney & Porcelli this past weekend. The service was fantastic and my filet was awesome. The smallest filet I could order was a 10oz and with traveling from out of town, I couldn't take leftovers with me; a small cut would have been preferable. While the service was indeed fantastic, the servers were almost "hovering." All in all, fantastic meal, great atmosphere and wonderful service!Special Features:
- TondDined on 10/24/2014Always plenty of ambience without the noise killing conversation. Great bar wines and food, and have cute birthday cakes for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Much better than i thoughteaterVIPDined on 10/23/2014I've been to Maloney and Porcelli only for large group events/dinners. But we went with five people for dinner and it was MUCH better than I thought it would be. Steak, sides and appetizers were terrific. As good as steak place as I've been to in years. Will return soon.Special Features:
- AmazingAnnaDined on 10/18/2014Went to Maloney and Porcelli for a social occasion recently and was absolutely blown away by the food, service and entire experience. The staff were aware we were celebrating but we're very discrete, which made it perfect. They were also extremely happy to accommodate the party's dietary requirements. Fantastic meal of scallops, surf and turf with fries and vegetables, followed by the red velvet cake. Cannot praise the restaurant enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysPandTDined on 10/18/2014We've eaten at Maloney and Porcelli many times over the year and have never been disappointed. The food is great, as is the wait staff. The attention to detail makes it a wonderful go to for all occasions.Special Features:
- good for allergieskpieDined on 10/18/2014Knowledgable waiters, not always easy to go out with allergies, but they made me feel safe...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Timedawgs2winDined on 10/17/2014As always the first restaurant we go to in New York is always Maloney and Porcelli. The food is fabulous and the atmosphere is fun. We really enjoyed our meal this time due to the location of our table, which was downstairs by the window and more private. The steaks were magnificent and two people could easily split one, although we had lots of great left-overs. We always take advantage of the wine pairing which makes the evening even more enjoyable. Job well done.Huge shout out to Owen, our server, for outstanding service and humor, and a special thanks from the GA football fan!!! Sorry Arkansas lost!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceTed45Dined on 10/16/2014This is a great place to go for special occassions. The food is incredible, and with the nightly wine tasting menu available, it is a good deal. Service is top notch and makes a wonderful night!! I enjoy coming here and look forward to coming back.Special Features:
- We had the angry lobster & OMG! YesSuperbDiningDined on 10/14/2014We had the angry lobster & OMG! Yes, Yes, Yes! The best I've ever had. Great energy and really attentive waitstaff and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific dinnermurphDined on 10/12/2014We had a wonderful dinner , just our family. Our waiter was wonderful and really enjoyed the steak presentation, prepared at tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Affiliated with Palace hotelsphamptonDined on 10/11/2014Average at best and overpriced for the quality. Do yourself a favor and walk a few blocks to Capitol Grille of you're staying at the Palace. For $50/steak (no sides), go somewhere else.
- disappointedgivemesomethingoodDined on 10/10/2014We dined for dinner. First of all it was so dark the waiter could see we were struggling to see the menu so he turn the lights up. We had an veal meatballs as an appetizer. They were just ok..A little too salty not much flavor. We both ordered a house salad which consisted of a half bag of mixed salad greens and a 1/4 of unripe tomato. I ordered the pork shank and I had no idea it was fried! It was not stated on the menu. There was so much fat on the piece that it was tough navigating to find the meat.The firecracker applesauce was tasteless. My husband did enjoy his salmon dish and we both enjoyed the icebox chocolate cake and pineapple sorbet.Special Features:
- The Tuna was greatOnePennVIPDined on 10/10/2014Pork shank was wild so good great wine by the GlassSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoiseyNickDined on 10/7/2014I found the restaurant to be noisey. The service & food were both good.Special Features:
- Great restaurantRT621Dined on 10/6/2014Fabulous food, service, and ambience. It was perfect for a private birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing serviceexohlorrDined on 10/5/2014I went to celebrate both of my parents birthdays and noted that in the open table reservation and they took very good care of us! Free champagne, healthy pours and a red velvet birthday cake at the end made the whole night very special for all of us.Special Features:
- exceeded anticipationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Chose Maloney & Porcelli because 1) curious about the $79 wine dinner, 2) open late enough on a Thursday night to have dinner after a 7pm Broadway show. Well! The staff was very polite and professional, and did not hover. The food was excellent-my guest said they'd never had a better filet, and the wine choices were very good (Decoy-yummy). I will definitely return, and recommend Maloney & Porcelli to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The fun yet classy business dinnerJaychrisleeDined on 9/30/2014Had a business dinner here, breat bar scene before reservation to relax from day, then to tables which are somewhat private. Great service and menu. Food prepared per our requests and no rush service. Had 3hr dinner then back to bar for night cap. Palace hotel is next door so always be prepared for a run-in with a dignitary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidboogsDined on 9/28/2014This is my second time here and wanted to make sure the first visit was not a fluke. M&P did not disappoint. Everything was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RevangeDined on 9/27/2014A very nice evening with friends and good food and wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDinerFortyninerVIPDined on 9/24/2014I have gone to M&P frequently over the years and always been pleased. My lost recent visit was disappointing. The scallop appetizer was nearly tasteless and a bad value at $19. The steaks were at best "okay" but that M&P prices, I expected more. Service was cloying. Not returning for a while.