Maloney & Porcelli
37 E. 50th St.
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Maloney & Porcelli
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.maloneyandporcelli.com/
- Phone: 2127502233
- Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Friday Lunch: 11:45am to 3:30pm Dinner: 3:30pm to 11:00pm Dinner: 4:30pm to 11:30pm Dinner: 4:30pm to 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: JAMES JERMYN
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: The time honored tradition of the beefsteak & wine feast has returned to the newly re-launched Maloney & Porcelli. Executive Chef James Jermyn have created a smorgasbord of house specialties & off the menu items that captures the celebratory spirit of a time gone by.
Saturday Evenings Beginning at 7pm
$85 Per Person (Exclusive of Tax and Gratuity)
We ask that the Whole Table Participates
A word from Maloney & Porcelli
Maloney & Porcelli is a clubby new American restaurant that draws inspiration from a simpler time when three martini lunches were alive and well, steak was for dinner, and servers anticipated guests’ every need, even completing dishes tableside. Begin meals at Maloney & Porcelli with a selection of shellfish, salads or favorites such as Baked Clams Orsini, Peekytoe Crabcake, or Steak Tartare that is finished tableside. For the main course, there is a choice of steaks and shanks, including the famed Crackling Pork Shank with Firecracker Applesauce, lobsters and composed options such as Chicken Under a Brick, Pan-Seared Atlantic Salmon, or Beef Shortrib Stroganoff. An array of inventive sides complete the meal, like Gruyere Soufflé, Fried Herb Tater Tots, Broccoli and Pimento Cheese. The desserts inspire nostalgia with a individual red velvet cake served, grasshopper pie for two, and a selection of house-made sorbets, sherbets and ice creams.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maloney & Porcelli reviews from OpenTable diners
209 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (99)fit for foodies (72)good for groups (59)notable wine list (55)romantic (52)neighborhood gem (43)great for lunch (38)vibrant bar scene (30)hot spot (18)late-night find (10)great for brunch (9)great for outdoor dining (7)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Chicken ParmOnePennVIPDined on 8/26/2014the Chicken Parm was great, The Tuna was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lobsta thermador pot pieOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014Interesting and tasty food. Over all very good... only I dont like when service people try to be too engaged . The waiter was fantastic. Did not like this woman who was trying to help out our waiter..who is she ... ? This is not about her ...we are having a private dinner...her coming over constantly is distracting!! Everything else qas just fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place in GothamStermerDined on 8/23/2014My girlfriend and I always make this our first dining stop whenever we're in Manhattan. The wait staff is the best anywhere; not bothering you all the time, but right there with whatever you need before you realize you need it. Ask to sit in "TT's" section. He's the best waiter in Manhattan. The steaks are great. Just don't order the "Fried Clams Casino". Whomever came up with this dish just doesn't understand Italian cooking. They should take this off the menu, or call it something else. It doesn't taste, or isn't prepared, like anything close to "Clams Casino." But we still love this place.Special Features:
- Good ReviewPORTVIPDined on 8/19/2014Great food, esp. seafood. Excellent service. Somewhat pricey, but worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Go To Steak Place in NYCAndQVIPDined on 8/18/2014Never disappoints. Gigantic steaks that are perfectly cooked, solid steakhouse sides and good cocktail and wine list. Have yet to make it to the desert menu - too full! Only complaint is the pre-dinner bread. While the soft (and warm) pretzel sticks are good, I really want a better offering of different kinds (like other steak houses). I'll keep coming back.Special Features:
- VGntwrklnchDined on 8/16/2014Very good food and service. Staff was very attentive.
- August 16, 2014PatriciaDined on 8/16/2014Yes, this restaurant is expensive, but worth every cent. I have have been enjoying Filet Migon for 30 years, but this steak was the BEST I have ever had. I ordered it blackened which most eateries do not offer. The steak was prepared PERFECTLY. The tomato, onioin and basil salad was excellent, the tater tots were really, really good. The wait staff was attentive, but not intrusive, We cannot say one negative thing. have nothing bad to say about Maloney and Porcelli, it is perfect in every way and we return when we visit the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect steakgutiDined on 8/15/2014this is a old school NYC steak house that cooks evrything perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great in NYCmoresunDined on 8/15/2014Great Friday night dinning! The food and service was outstanding!Special Features:
- GOOD MENU...WELL PREPAREDDEB1VIPDined on 8/15/2014I say it's consistent, reliable, very good midtown venue for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- It must be August in NYCXNewYorkerReturnedDined on 8/14/2014Normally I love-love their crackling pork. It's their signature dish and definitely worth what ever they charge. Thursday night was a disappointment. The pork had been overdone and the applesauce was lacking its normal punch More upsetting than the disappointment in my favorite dish was the managers reaction when he asked how our dinner was. When told, he just sort of shrugged and walked away. All I could think was that it must be August in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant week dinnerLeanneDined on 8/14/2014Dined at Maloney & Porcelli during summer restaurant week. They had a great selection to chose from- unlike many other steakhouses who only put chicken and pasta on their restaurant week menus. The service was attentive but not overbearing. I had the sea scallops appetizer, surf and turf entree and caramel sea salt ice cream for dessert. All were great. Would definitely come back for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014We had the best service off a wonderful man.. Would definatly go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Week treatamymDined on 8/13/2014Went for restaurant week and the experience was fantastic. On a regular night, even for a treat, the food would be a bit too expensive for what it is, with the exception of the steak, which was truly spectacular.Special Features:
- Great FoodMikeDVIPDined on 8/13/2014Lively fun ambiance...great food...attentive serviceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekDanCVIPDined on 8/12/2014Had not been in the restaurant for a few years and happened to do it during restaurant week. Decided to try the prix fixe menu. 10 oz filet was done perfectly and my wife loved her fish entree.Special Features:
- favoriteplaceDined on 8/11/2014Always great rib-eye cooked to perfection and loved the pork shank on a recent visit. Also tried the gorgonzola grits...scrumptious!Special Features:
- Great deal!georgezDined on 8/9/2014We've always loved the steak here so decided to stop by for dinner after a day at the museum - easy enough making a last minute reservation via the opentable app. Our waiter recommended the 3 course, all you can drink wine special for $79. Great deal, good food. Will try to make it back again before it ends. Too bad there was a drunk table near us otherwise it would have been a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food, wine and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Ensure you visit Maloney and Porcelli when in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy.JoeLeeDined on 8/8/2014(1)The food is not bad. (2) The service is just ok. The waitress is too busy to service us. The waiter is nice though. (3) It's way too noisy here. I cannot here what my family said. (4) I'm not sure if I will give another try.Special Features:
- Outstanding in most all regards.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014This restaurant was recommended by a close relative from outside the city as a place to have excellent food and wine. We easily made reservAtione using Open Table and when we arrived (Friday night), they were expecting us. They first seated the 3 of us near the bar , and when we mentioned that the bar was loud, they relocated us up stairs. We all ordered the "wine dinner", which paired wine (including refills) with our meals. The food, wine, and service was excellent. When I staggered our, I barely recall finding a cab to get home. Would gladly go back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must Eat While In NYC!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014We were on vacation in NYC and decided to try Maloney and porcelli's for dinner. The clams we had as an appetizer were very tasteful and hit the spot. Soon after, the prime ribeyes we ordered came. That was probably the best steak I had ever eaten. We are from Texas and have excellent steak houses nearby. So we know good steak. The steaks we had for dinner here at Maloney and porcelli's we cooked excellent and very tender. We would definitely recommend this restaurant to our friends and family. This is a must eat while in NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week birthday dinner!FoodieinNYDined on 8/7/2014I had a wonderful time here. Food was delicious (fish appetizer was amazing! So were the scallops! And dont even get me started on the desserts... All of them were great!) even tho we ordered off the restaurant week menu! Fast, friendly service. Great for business lunches and dinners, as well as celebratory dinners. The waiter brought out a special bday cake that was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekslal3Dined on 8/7/2014We booked a table for 6 during restaurant week. The selections were really good. My husband & I both got the wedge salad, which was huge! We both also, got the filet for our main course, which was huge but cooked a little too well. The main course did not come with any sides So, we got the Taylor tots and spinach for the table. It was was than ample. My husband finished with the cantaloupe sorbet. I got the coconut cake. Which again was on the large side. It was a great experience. I would go back. Oh, and my husband got a glass of the house red and loved it.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekBingoDined on 8/7/2014Portions were very good for restaurant week! Scallops were melt in your mouth, filet mignon tasty and the coconut cake was delish!Special Features:
- Maloney & Porcellicjc1989Dined on 8/6/2014Service was beyond excellent and the food/restaurant week deal is off the chartsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SBGYummmmieDined on 8/4/2014Overall excellent good service and food was great. Menu for restaurant week was all yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good business lunch spotlocalresidentDined on 8/4/2014Perfect midtown lunch spot for business lunch. Good service, quick food delivery and relatively well priced.Special Features:
- Amazing experience overall!AlyceDined on 8/3/2014We had dinner at Maloney and Porcelli and EVERYTHING was impeccable! We were celebrating our anniversary and my birthday and our server Miguel was everything you could ask for as far as attentiveness and service. He made our night that much more special. Food: I can't remember the last time I had a meal that was this good! We had oysters, gravlax, lamb shank and crab cakes and they were all perfection. The bacon and blue cheese grits were out of this world. The desserts that Miguel brought out to celebrate were not only gorgeous, but also delicious. This will definitely be my go-to when I am in NYC next and the great people and service really made our dining experience wonderful. Also, you can't beat the wine dinner special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSparkyDined on 8/3/2014The first table we were seated at was in the path of the kitchen and next to a very loud and noisy group . We asked to be moved and were accommodated. We ordered from the Restaurant Week menu. Appetizers were very good. I had scallops and my wife had the lettuce wedge with blue cheese. The scallops were tender, tasty and awarded to perfection; the lettuce wedge was crisp and fresh with a generous sprinkling of blue cheese. We both ordered the 10 ounce filet, which for a steakhouse was very disappointing. Poor tasing, with grizzle and overall not very tender for a filet. The side cheese soufflé we ordered also was disappointing, as were the desserts. Restaurant week or not, the establishment should always put their best food forward.
- Don't Miss ItlittlejkVIPDined on 8/1/2014Went at 8:30 for the wine dinner. Outstanding wines, my glass was never empty. The food was amazing. Crabmeat cocktail was delicious as was the burrata appetizer. We had the aged rib-eye cajun style, unbeatable and a female broiled lobster, cooked to perfection. Great atmosphere and outstanding service. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pegasusVIPDined on 8/1/2014The steak (filet mignon) was done to perfection, and literally melted in my mouth. The sea bass that my friend had ordered? not so much! Stick to the meat!Special Features:
- Did not meet expectationsRudyFloridaDined on 8/1/2014I expected based on referral and reviews better service, it was not bad but not at the expected level. My filet with a crusted peppercorn? Tasted over cooked on the outside and the tater tots were over coked based on previous experiences in other places. Not as good as Ruth Chris' Steakhouse or Morton's for example. My sonOscar filet was good as per his assent and my daughter's lobster as per her was also good. Wine was excellent (Portillo)Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekgourmondonabudgetDined on 7/31/2014Yes, M&P is pricey. It was a great choice for restaurant week. Unfortunately a number of top choice restaurants have opted out of these weeks. M&P's menu was special. Did not feel we were eating from a "bargain" menu. The service was the same. Hope to be back to sample from their full menu. Thank you again for hosting Restaurant Week.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Had an early dinner. Place was not too noisy so easy to have a conversation. Food was wonderful. Good portions for Restaurant Week menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- anonymousDined on 7/29/2014Steak was good, the scallop starter was good, and finally the caramel ice cream was very special and delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/28/2014The food here is always so good, but not so much last time. I had the chicken Caesar salad and the chicken was really dry. Booo! I should have a had the chicken under a brick!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic steak house in NYCLukeDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I enjoyed a good/very good dinner at this classic steak joint in the city. There was a decent selection of steak and non-steak items and a delicious beet & tomato salad. We would definitely dine here again but with so many options in this part of the city, it will take years. I'm fairly certain that regardless how you order your steak (we asked for medium) it will be cooked medium rare to rare. My wife felt a bit rushed but I may have tuned that out.Special Features:
- generic steakhousemarkDined on 7/24/2014Just another expensive Manhattan steakhouse, maybe blander than most, geared to undiscerning, mostly younger business and office types in the neighborhood; can't imagine anyone working outside Midtown making the trip. Filet mignon, completely unadorned on the plate, was okay. My companion's fish was, I'm told, okay. Steamed spinach tasted like steamed spinach. Chocolate cake was fine. Service was serviceable. If I sound bored its because I was, and at these prices maybe there are better and certainly more interesting alternatives. generic food, atmosphere, service, scene
- Solid SteakhouseidolfanaticDined on 7/24/2014Went for restaurant week with my husband & 2 sons. The best things were the soft pretzel logs they serve with what seemed to be a mustardy butter, they were amazingly good. I am not a beef eater as a rule, but I did order the surf and turf, with the meat cooked medium. The meat was a bit undercooked for me, but I only ate about 1 oz. of it, and my guys like it rare, so I kept it. The lobster tail, was so small I don't think I got an ounce of lobster including the legs and there was a surcharge for the surf and turf. Desserts offered were very good. I got the coconut cake,it was amazing and huge, we took most of it home. The food was definitely good and I would recommend the restaurant, however here are definitely better steakhouses in NYC.Special Features: