9329 Main St
Manassas, VA 20110Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.malonesofmanassas.com/
- Phone: 5712081246
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Thursday 5pm to 10pm
Dinner: Friday & Saturday 5pm to 11pm
Sunday Brunch: 11am to 230pm
Sunday Dinner: 5pm to 9pm
HAPPY HOUR DAILY 4pm to 6pm
Late Night Bar Menu Thursday to Sat until Midnight!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: James Gulden
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Malones Restaurant
A contemporary american restaurant with regional influences.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Malones Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (29)neighborhood gem (26)fit for foodies (26)romantic (19)great for outdoor dining (11)notable wine list (10)good for groups (6)great for brunch (5)hot spot (4)great for lunch (4)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Maloney was a find. We wereHepcatVIPDined on 3/31/2014Maloney was a find. We were in Manassas just for the night on our way home. I checked to see if there were any restaurants listed on Open Table and found Malones. We drove there and found a delightful spot. We had a pear salad that was superb and I had day scallops which were cooked to perfection, just barely cooked through. They were with grits which I don't care for and the waiter had no Problem switching them for something else - my choice. My husband had chicken Francais which he said was delicious. We had wonderful coffee afterwards, but no dessert. The restaurant was not crowded and the wait staff was very attentive. We would recommend this to anyone and would return ourselves if we found we were in Manassas again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT BRUNCH!HNHCCDined on 3/23/2014We were celebrating a birthday - and your staff would have sung Happy Birthday if the Birthday "Boy" hadn't been so embarrased. Our desserts were excellent a perfect ending to a wonderful meal and celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014It is a great place for a night out with friends or a romantic night out with a loved one! Service, food, and atmospher were all perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in ManassasRalphDined on 3/21/2014We invited a couple to dine with us; they enjoy eating out, they do so often and they do so at some of the better restaurants in No. Virginia. The owner and the wait staff made it a very enjoyable evening. Three of us ordered the center cut with one needing it butterflied; all three were cooked to perfection with very little drop off in taste with the special cooked order. The fourth ordered the scallops and has not stopped praising them three days later. We have always recommended Malone's; now our guests have indicated there love for it as well. It is a go-to spot if you want to dine well without going closer into the DC area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentGoodTimesDined on 3/15/2014Great food. Great service. Intimate feeling. Upscale. Favorite restaurant in Manassas ... period.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Experience - AtmosphereRecifeKenDined on 3/15/2014A very nice setting in old town Manassas. Underneath an old church, the environment was exceptional. The food was good and service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Malones Is Not Really Fine DiningCraigofFFXDined on 3/15/2014The food and service was good, but as we walked in with our friends we almost turned around and went to another restaurant. We found the dining room to be loud because of the bar. To the Malones defense it was the day before St Patricks Day...perhaps we picked the wrong day to visit Malones. Malones really isn't a fine dining establishment. Many patrons were wearing jeans and the bar ambiance detracted from the quiet atmosphere we had hoped for. I give him a great deal of credit of mingling with the customers. However, the food was excellent. I had the flat iron steak which was very good and cooked to perfection. The service was also good and the wait staff was very personable.Special Features:
- PleasureableflodeDined on 3/14/2014Malones is a delightful town dining experience. The food is wonderful. The noise level was a little high because it was quite busy. All in all I enjoyed my evening.Special Features:
- Hidden GemAxelSDined on 3/14/2014My first tiime in Manassas and I found this wonderful place. I really enjoyed the atmosphere. Great Martinis and wines made it perfect. And I have had the best scallops ever. I will definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/13/2014Definitely recommend for food, ambience, service and wine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!CullsVIPDined on 3/9/2014Since OT only allows 750 letters: Best Bloody Mary ever. I would go JUST for that! Fantastic brunch menu. Small space, a little noisy, but great service and great food. However, it is a personal pet peeve of mine when the serve brings the check while I am still eating. That's okay at a cheap diner, but not for a nice restaurant like Malone's. Otherwise, absolutely a charming and wonderful place to meet with family and friends. (There's not many upscale restaurants like this in Manassas.)Special Features:
- check it out!checkitoutDined on 3/7/2014Malone's is a charming neighborhood restaurant that has amazing food and drink! They are always changing it up with fabulous new specials so you'll never get bored with with same old, same old. Service is spectacular! The only draw back is that for now it is very noisy because the bar is always packed! This will hopefully change when they finish with the upper level construction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for sixSherryDined on 3/1/2014Malone's continues to create a wonderful dining experience. As always, it is fun to try new drinks from their menu. The meat lovers in the group always enjoy their options, but the best part is that the chef and staff have repeatedly been able to come up with something delicious for the one vegan in the group despite not having a selection on the menu. Friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Neighboorhood DiningLocalArtistDined on 2/28/2014Food and service were very good. The noise level was a little annoying, but couldn't be helped as the area is smallish and the bar's proximity to the dining area is close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu ItemRebeccaDined on 2/27/2014We had a wonderful evening. The restuarant created two table signs to help us celebrate our birthdays and anniversary. The table was the best in the house and our waiter was exceptional. I have recommended your restuarant to many friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great potential...winterloverDined on 2/22/2014Front of the house needs some fine tuning. Our waiter lacked confidence in the menu and seemed a bit overwhelmed. The food was good. Its a nice addition to Manassas but not something I'd go to every month.Special Features:
- Recommend you go.PeteFDined on 2/22/2014Second time we have had dinner there. Really like the ambience and the food is superb. Good selection of wines too. The only thing that could become an issue is that the bar is in the same room as the dining and the people sitting at the bar can become a little loud if you are looking for a nice quiet dinner. I know they have an upstairs, so maybe they are looking to expand into that which would take care of that problem. We would definitely go back though, a very nice evening overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was there for a businessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/18/2014I was there for a business dinner. The ambience was very nice. The food was excellent. The owner came to our table several times to see how we were doing. I was impressed with the service. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Disapointment sets inMissedAgainDined on 2/16/2014This is our second time at Malones, and it was not worth the price of the meal. I had the Pork duo, the red beans were under cook and rather tough, the bacon wrapped pork loin was dry and lacked flavor. The pulled pork stuffed dumplings were a little soft and did not have any flavor that stood out. The wife had the 8oz center cut steak which she enjoyed, and it did taste very good, but again one would expect a decent stake at such a restaurant. Over all everything was average or slightly below and for the price there much better restaurants in Centerville, Leesburg or Old Town Alexandria. Manassas miss again in try to establish a fine dining experience.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014I went the day after Valentine's with my daughter. She ordered the risotto and I had the hickory smoked petite chicken, which was suggested to me by the chef when I met him briefly a week before. The white meat of my chicken was dry and I could not taste any smoke. The fingerling potatoes were bland. The braised collard greens were sweet, like they had molasses or maple syrup in them which made them inedible to me. My daughters risotto was cooked properly but was not seasoned. Salt and pepper is your friend. Our waiter was super slow and forgot to bring us bread until I asked for it. This is my 2nd sub par experience at Malone's. There is a lack of good places in Old Town and I hoped this one would be a jewel. Unfortunately it is not.
- Valentines dinner (a day late)JimRDined on 2/15/2014We were not real excited by their Vallentines day special menu, so we made a reservation for Saturday. We had a pleasent meal with fine service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in Old Town ManassasHockeyHemingwayDined on 2/14/2014Cool underground (literally) dining room beneath the church, lovely, sophisticated atmosphere, out-of-this-world food expertly prepared, and friendly, attentive, professional wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/12/2014The atmosphere is relaxed, need to move the bar to another location, people watching sports while you are paying $30 for an entrée, what is the owner thinking.. Interesting menu choices. Scallops were under cooked, salmon done nicely. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Excellent!jdelmonte1214Dined on 2/10/2014We went on an off night (Monday evening before Valentine's day) so it was just us in the restaurant. The wait staff was very attentive and very helpful in making our choices. If there were more people in there I can see where it might get louder as there was nothing to deaden the sound. We ordered the cheese sampler for an appetizer and it was nothing short of amazing. I ordered the ribeye and my wife got the duck. Both of which were cooked exactly to order and were bursting with flavor. I would certainly recommend Malone's to a friend looking for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, tight quarters!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2014Had a reservation for four, but our table wasn't ready when we arrived. They have a lovely bar with interesting cocktail options, but it is soooo tiny and cramped. Basically standing room only. As the entire restaurant is essentially the renovated basement of an old church, it is pretty small. It was impossible to be out of the way while waiting. Very nice decor and ambience, but a bit loud. Server was attentive, but awkward. The food, however, was very good. Particularly once they finish the upstairs expansion, I'm sure I'll go back. Nice to find such good food close to home!Special Features:
- Great SpotSchlitzDined on 2/8/2014Food was great, and the service was also. Owner took the time to show us the upstairs bar/entertainment area that will be opening soon. Best restaurant to grace this historic church location yet, and hopefully it will stick around.Special Features:
- The food was great but theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/6/2014The food was great but the bar was so loud that we couldn't talk. If they get the upstairs open, I'm sure it will solve the noise problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningflodeDined on 2/1/2014The food was prepared perfectly and the presentation was delightful. Everyone checked on us to see that we were satisfied. This included the owner. I enjoyed my evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent andDanGDined on 2/1/2014The food was excellent and the service was even better. The room is small, so I hope they are renovating the upstairs to add more space. I had the filet and it was cooked to perfection. My wife had the scallops and the chef sent out another because they thought was to small to their liking. The setting for the resturant is very romantic. Enjoyed every minute there.Special Features:
- Restaurant is always too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2014Restaurant is always too loud on weekend nights. The manager told us at least three times how sorry he was for the noise and that we should consider coming back during the week when it is not so loud. This was their one year anniversary for the restruant and we have been several times so we wanted to see what they would do for their one year mark. You would expect them to be at their best, however, that was not the case, no food specials, the soup tasted like it came out of a can, the dinner was over cooked. The special beer take over was nothing special, the band which we wanted to hear was over an hour late in starting and we left before they did. If your not a regular at Malones then you might as well stay away you will not enjoy itSpecial Features:
- 1/31 M alones experienceBjamesDined on 1/31/2014Food was excellent. Service was good. Restaurant was a little too loud. Was hard to carry on conversation. Bar crowd was very loud. They triple booked the table so we were asked to give up our table shortly after we finished our desserts. We didn't appreciate that. Perhaps don't overbooked the tables by triple so patrons aren't rushed to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guest for DinnerBFS14Dined on 1/28/2014Had reservation for three. Staff very friendly right from the first encounter. Wait staff very accommodating. With the new chief and new menu since last visit, all of our party thought food even better than before. Will go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dinnerLovethisplaceDined on 1/25/2014Went to Malone's with 4 couples. Had an amazing experience. Food and service were top notch. The restaurant was full, so the noise level was high, but that showed everyone was having a great time. Owner came over to chat as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so fine diningParisDined on 1/24/2014Took my mom there to celebrate her birthday and everyone at my pary thought the noise from the bar area was way too loud. My ears hurt by the time dinner was over and couldn't wait to leave. If you are looking for an intimate quiet fine dining experience, stay away. The happy hour crowd seemed like they were having a lot of fun though.Special Features:
- Fine Dining in Old Town ManassasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/23/2014My wife and I had been looking for a perfect place for a nice dinner near our home in Bristow. Malone's is truly a hidden gem housed in an old church, with a very intimate feel to it. We started with the cheese plate, which came with four cheeses, pickles, bread and honey. It was fantastic. For the main course, I had the chili rubbed flat iron steak, and my wife had the scallops. Both of our dishes were cooked to perfection and were absolutely delicious. I took the recommendation of another post-er on this site and they were spot on... the steak had a just a touch of spice and the garlic butter on top set it off. We were extremely satisfied and will definitely be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/16/2014Small but a nice atmosphere. The food was excellent and elegantly presented. Adequate wine list and efficient bar tenders. Pricy but we weren't disappointed. As others have mentioned, it can get loud because of the bars proximity to the dinning area. The upstairs, still under construction, is big. This should allow them to spread out a bit in the future. Overall a great experience. We will return.Special Features:
- A hidden Gem in Old TownIzdoyDined on 1/11/2014I've lived in Manassas for three years now, and I figured I'd hit most of the restaurants, surely the best ones had already been had. I was wrong. Malones is hands down the most elegant and delicious restaurant in town. Great for a fancy evening with your S.O. or just a classy get together with friends. Food is hands down the best in the area and the atmosphere is top notch. Do yourself a favor, just have one full 3 course meal here, but be sure to grab a drink at their well stocked bar before hand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best fine dining in ManassasridemcowboyDined on 1/5/2014Malone's is a GREAT new addition to fine dining in Manassas and the surrounding area. The owner, Kevin, always makes us feel welcome and appreciated. The food and service are fantastic. The bartender and manager, Vicki, is an excellent mixologist and insures the highest quality of service. The ambience is like no other restaurant in the area being housed in an historic church that Kevin has remodeled. Malone's retains the historic charm of Old Town Manassas while offering a modern contemporary aesthetic. Old and new blended into the perfect sense of charm and elegance with that sense of hometown hospitality formal dining often lacks. With the renovations upstairs, Malone's will soon be THE hot spot in Manassas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visit.FoodfanDined on 12/27/2013Pear salad great steak wonderful waiter outstanding. Special of the night crab cakes Awful! Full of breading! Dessert great. Would go again. However it is pretty noisy.Special Features:
- Fabulous Food and AmbienceSynthiaCDined on 12/21/2013This was the first time my friend and I have been to Malone's; our experience was phenomenal. The wait staff was professional, knowledgeable, and attentive. The food was superb, I had the flat iron steak which melted in my mouth. The owner, Kevin Malone, came over to our table and greeted us and engaged in conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.