9329 Main St
Manassas, VA 20110Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.malonesofmanassas.com/
- Phone: (571) 208-1246
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Thursday 5pm to 10pm
Dinner: Friday & Saturday 5pm to 11pm
Sunday Brunch: 11am to 230pm
Sunday Dinner: 5pm to 9pm
HAPPY HOUR DAILY 4pm to 6pm
Late Night Bar Menu Thursday to Sat until Midnight!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: James Gulden
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Malones Restaurant
A contemporary american restaurant with regional influences.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Malones Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)special occasion (23)fit for foodies (19)romantic (15)great for outdoor dining (12)notable wine list (9)good for groups (8)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (5)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Leo S.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014We have been to Malone's on two occasions with consistent results. Both times, the service has been friendly, prompt, attentive and efficient without being intrusive. Our parties have ordered rib-eye and filet steaks, salmon, rabbit, jerked chicken, shrimp and grits as well as cheese and meat platter starters and deserts. Everything was prepared to specification (rare was rare, medium rare was medium rare) and tasted delicious. Judging by the temperature, the food did not sit around in the kitchen waiting to be delivered to our table. Be warned, the bread pudding is a large portion -- plenty to share!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice!DMS86Dined on 11/15/2014We had delicious clam chowder. My husband and I split the chopped vegetable salad and the beef reuben. He said he honestly thought that was the best reuben he has had. So much flavor and just the right size. The salad was really good as well. Our service was A+ When I asked about a couple of wines, the waitress went and poured me a taste from two different ones and I was able to choose. Very nice touch! The restaurant has it's own parking which seems to be a big plus in downtown Manassas. The decor, seating and bar are beautiful. Great date night place. We are looking forward to going back for dinner and brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, High Noise Levelstah2Dined on 11/8/2014We always enjoy dining at Malones, except for the excessive noise levels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceSteveCuchDined on 10/16/2014This was a great find. Googled the best restaurants in PWC and Malones was one of two. The service, food and ambiance was exceptional. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be betterAbbyVIPDined on 10/11/2014The food here was good ( we both had the rabbit), but not great. Our shrimp cocktail was small - 4 shrimp, a little crab - and it looked even smaller served on a big plate! What was really bad was the noise level- for a place that looks like it could be a "fine dining" establishment, the noise level was comparable to a bar or pub! Maybe some carpet would help to absorb the noise. We wanted to eat quickly and leave!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/8/2014First time at this restaurant for all four of us. The service was great. Attentive but not intrusive, friendly and helpful when we had questions. This is a good place to go for dishes that you probably would not find elsewhere. Both the menu and the wine list are short compared to many other restaurants but the selections are diverse and creative. We had (jerked chicken and salmon) the portions were ample in size, well prepared, tasty and to everyone's liking. We shared the cheese and meat board appetizer which I would highly recommend. It had several different kinds of sausage prepared in house, 4 cheeses, kim chee that leans to the sweet side, glazed nuts, local honey and other items that I do not recall. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly GoodluvgoodfoodVIPDined on 9/26/2014This was our third time dining at Malone's. So far, everything we have tried was great. A small intimate setting, the wait staff is good. We were there for Restaurant week and had some new, very interesting things on the menu. I had rabbit, which I hadn't ever tried before. Very good. My daughter had the goat.. excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingNeveragainDined on 9/26/2014The portions received for the price paid were very disappointing with the exception of the ribeye. I won't be backSpecial Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The food was excellent and another wonderful restaurant in Old Town Manassas. All of our food was excellent, and we look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- leighVIPDined on 9/9/2014Atmosphere was wonderful, service very good and food excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall OKchrisDined on 8/29/2014The restaurant was nice with friendly service however the steak was typical nothing extraordinary. The food was not worth the $90+ bill for me and my wife. Everyone was nice however there was some noise and commotion going on at the bar that distracted from our quiet evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Town Manassas Favorite!tah2Dined on 8/16/2014A complete dining experience. From the unique cocktails and gourmet meals, to decedent desserts! Malone's has no equal in Manassas!Special Features:
- Pleasant dining experienceoccasionaldinerDined on 8/15/2014We were quite pleased with both the venue and food. Service was excellent. We ate inside for dinner, although patio dining was an option. Casual dress acceptable. Prices a little on the high end, but OK for a special occasion or a quiet evening out. No annoying or loud music, so conversation was possible. A thoroughly enjoyable evening. Looking forward to trying brunch next time.Special Features:
- Friendly staffOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/4/2014Risotto was rich but not enough fish in it. Fried ice cream was terrific dessert and big enough to shareSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely,unique and romantic locationAgr0709Dined on 8/3/2014A cozy, unique and romantic restaurant for any occasion, night or day. Located in an historic church of Manassas. Lovely atmosphere, gourmet and exquisitely prepared cuisine, the staff and setting are extremely charming. A fabulous choice to take your friend for lunch while antiquing or your honey for a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLuv2dineoutDined on 8/2/2014Great food, excellent martini menu and ambiance is great. Would recommend them. The filet was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 209 reviews are from the Malones Restaurant reviews archive.
- Enjoyable Anniversary DinnerWallyMDined on 7/19/2014I had a lovely anniversary celebration at Malones. The food was delicious and used many local, fresh ingredients. Meats are cured in-house, local beers are available, and everything was expertly cooked and delivered. The ambiance is nice and the service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014this was our first dinner at Malone's and as a party of six of course made reservations. It was also a birthday celebration. The service was exceptional and the food was delicious. However they didn't do anything special for the birthday celebrant even though it was saud beforehand, except a sign saying happy birthday. Also the restaurant is very noisy. Besides those two things it is a lively neighborhood restaurant to try especially for a nice night outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New FavoriteAndyVIPDined on 7/13/2014We went on a Sunday and practically had the place to ourselves. Our entrees were the low country shimp and high-concept pork and beans; both were fantastic. We split a board of homemade pates and sausage with local cheeses as an appetizer. If there was a weak point, it was dessert (creme brulee and pear bread pudding) but even that was better than average. Ambiance was nice. Well worth the trip to Manassas.Special Features:
- solidHarryDined on 7/12/2014very enjoyable dinner - able to converse easily - southern menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good place to eatthefoodxpertVIPDined on 7/12/2014We hadn't been to Malone's in over a year but we were glad we came back. The food was very good and the service was perfect. The server pick a bottle of wine for us which was a big hit among the table. The salmon appetizer and the mussels appetizer were delicious and I would order them again. Our only complaint, and not really a complaint, is, we wish there was more fresh seafood entrees. It was a really good dinner and we will be back soon. The new patio is beautiful.Special Features:
- Lovely little placeloveitalianVIPDined on 7/5/2014A group of 4 of us went to Malone's for the first time over the weekend. It was very quiet for a Saturday night, but that was probably due to the holiday weekend. The wine selection was nice and the food was nicely prepared. The menu was small, but with a creative selection of steak, chicken, seafood, salads and pasta. The duck, filet, shrimp and grits, and mashed potatoes were all very tasty and are all highly recommended! We ended our meal with coconut cream pie and a Congo bar. I've had better bars, but loved the coconut cream pie. Very unique and delicious!Special Features:
- Great Brunch SelectionRickh20136Dined on 6/29/2014This brunch menu, while not expansive, seems to have something that will please everyone. It's also 'different' from your run of the mill fare usually found at brunch. The food is consistently good at Malones and the service always attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome restaurant!EliNOVADined on 6/28/2014Love Malones! Their food is great. Great ambiance. Very quaint and the service was outstanding. Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Another great meal at MalonesSuzorDined on 6/26/2014This was my 2nd visit to Malones Restaurant. From the moment we entered the restaurant until we left, we were treated like family. Our server couldn't have been more helpful or accommodating, from helping us select a wine to asking the kitchen not to include kale in the salad because one of us mentioned that we didn't like kale. The menu is small, but varied, with an emphasis on seasonal vegetables. My filet was one of the best steaks I've had anywhere, and the green beans that came with the steak were exceptional. I will definitely be returning to Malones soon.Special Features:
- very niceSuperSnakeDined on 6/25/2014We started our meal off with a Chefs Smorgasbord, which consisted of some very tasty and unusual meats and cheeses. Our party of three ordered Hot and Sour Beef, Pork Ravioli and Jerk Chicken. All were very good, but the Jerk Chicken could have used more jerk seasoning, it was rather bland. The restaurant was cozy and our server was perfect. We look forward to visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Growing PainsGoingOutGuideDined on 6/13/2014According to our server, they have been open for less than a year and are already expanding, so they may have been having an off night, but we are not eager to return. Our steaks were badly trimmed and poorly prepared. Everything else was loaded with oil and salt. We ended up taking most of the meal out in boxes and trashing it on the way back to the car as the server was so nervous and flustered we felt bad sending it back. Aftermath was headaches and indigestion.
- Great restaurant with great food.shariDined on 6/12/2014I give 4 star because the prices were a little high for the Manassas Old Town area. I know Manassas Old Town is becoming nicer every day but this was a bit of a jump in a price range that I have seen. We will definitely be back to Malones. The food and the service was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Management SUCKS!!!BristowWineLoverDined on 6/10/2014Food was great, wait staff was attentive. ISSUE - Went for our 19th wedding anniversary. As a surprise my wife called the restaurant and asked if they did anything special for anniversaries. The lady my wife spoke with said they would notify the staff to greet us one seated, a card would be placed on our table, and dessert would say Happy Anniversary. Needless to say none of this happened. By the end of the meal I could see my wife's disappointment and this is when I learned of the plan. I spoke to the on duty manager, who also took my wife's call, and she admitted to offering this. Said she would check into it and get back to us. Never did. Owner pushed back and had no concern. Not once did they take ownership of the issue or apologize.
- The food is amazing!JennTDined on 5/31/2014We went because we had driven passed and was curious. It is a small restaurant and it filled up fast. (We got there just after opening). Even after they got busy the service was great. But I admit the gem of the dinner was the food - the bacon in particular. According to our waiter the chef preps and smokes his own bacon on site. Everything was delicious and perfectly prepared. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RJMOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Found this spot online and decided to give it try. It was wonderful. The service was excellent and so was the food! I'm planning on going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantSimmsVIPDined on 5/23/2014But the noise from the bar does allow conversation . They should invest in autistic ceiling over the bar area. I know they are working on swatting upstairs, but that won't help tge downstairs noise. The bar sure sounded like funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlacecasualdinerDined on 5/17/2014Service was a little lacking, but the food was really good. A little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerchuck2BDined on 5/15/2014We have been meaning to try Malones Restaurant for some time and now that we have it will be our local favorite. I had scallops and my wife had duck and they were both very good. The wine was great and we eat so much we did not have room for desert. Atmosphere was very nice and the waiters were attentive. We are looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- likes2eatDined on 5/10/2014Fantastic food and atmosphere. The services was terrific and the staff were polite. I couldn't ask for more for a Mother's Day dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently very good.PeteFDined on 5/9/2014Third time dining there. Quality is always very good. Try to get a table a little away from the bar as that can get a little loud sometimes. They will be opening the upstairs to dining soon, and we are looking forward to going back again and experiencing that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderratedDlikes2GrubbDined on 5/3/2014Me and my wife went their for our first year wedding anniversary and we absolutely loved it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Wedding Dinner...CrazyGoogsDined on 5/1/2014We needed a good place for dinner in the Manassas area, on short notice, and Malone's fit the bill perfectly. While the primary dining area is not very big, our reservation for 6 was handled perfectly (actually they accommodated a time change about an hour before arrival...which was great). The food was excellent, the vibe fun and casual. From parents to kids, no one left unhappy...just wishing we'd left room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014We've eaten at Malone's twice now, once for dinner and again for brunch. Every single item we and our friends have had has been delicious, and the service was outstanding. We have significant health restrictions, and they accommadated them wonderfully and professionally. We can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphere!ekotkmDined on 4/26/2014Hands down the best 'dirty' martini I've had in ages! The restaurant is very inviting with the buzz of good food and friends! Great wait staff and that Ribeye is unspeakably good! A great way to celebrate our 9th Anniversary!Special Features: