1390 west 9th street
Cleveland, OH 44113Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://mallorcacleveland.com/
- Phone: 2166879494
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 1:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Portuguese
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private rooms are for 25 or more people..
- Private Party Contact: Susana Demanuel 8777330280
A word from Mallorca
The service and surroundings contribute to Mallorca's refined, romantic ambience. Our knowledgeable and extremely attentive waiters glide between laughing and whispering diners, available and informed but never obtrusive. Your wish is our command.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mallorca reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (47)fit for foodies (37)romantic (33)good for groups (27)neighborhood gem (26)notable wine list (12)great for outdoor dining (8)great for lunch (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Amazing BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/20/2014Took my boyfriend here for his birthday and we had an amazing time. The food was incredible--literally some of the best I have ever had! We had the garlic shrimp as an appetizer and we both agreed it was the best shrimp we've had. I had the dover sole stuffed with salmon and spinach and it was cooked perfectly and the portion was huge. He had the dover sole with shrimp, mussels, and clams in a green sauce. We were both so full that we couldn't even imagine eating dessert! The Sangria is a must!!!!Special Features:
- Great for Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Especially friendly wait staff. We were celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary and felt very special - appreciated the singing and dessert. We will definitely return the next time we visit Cleveland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old standbyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Great food and atmosphere. Service is not as good as I recall from past visits. Was there with a large group and it took over an hour for our food to arrive. We had reservations and it was not terribly busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service!SRHcleDined on 10/14/2014Jorge was the star of the evening. He never missed a beat! I will definitely be back for the food, but mostly for the great service we received throughout our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014scallops were chewy but the rice and shrimp were good.Special Features:
- Always on point!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014I love this place! Whenever I am in Cleveland, I make it a point to eat here. Great food, great prices, and the staff is top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014The best place to eat! Great food, Great service! Haven't been to a place that compares! Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedluv2dineDined on 10/11/2014We were very disappointed with our dining experience on Saturday night. We walked up to the restaurant and 3 workers were outside smoking, the gentleman that greeted us was playing candy crush on the entry way computer, it took over 25 minutes to get someone to take our order - we had to ask someone to get a waiter to come to our table to order our food. This is a very expensive restaurant for this kind of service.Special Features:
- 27th Anniversary CelebrationPastorTimDined on 10/10/2014My wife and I have spent 21 of our 27 wedding anniversaries here. The food, atmosphere, and service are always great and this was no exception. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- See you soon!TimmyDined on 10/6/2014Great food, service and attention to detail. Brought out of town clients here and they had a memorable meal!Special Features:
- OUR FAVORITE CLEVELAND RESTAURANT!MIKEDined on 10/5/2014I was introduced to Mallorca about 15 years ago by a dear friend. We both enjoy exceptional food served in a unique atmosphere. Mallorca is a classic; they serve only the best quality food, beautifully presented and exquisitely prepared. Their prices are a bargain considering the high quality of food that you are treated to at Mallorca. The wait staff is friendly, efficient and attentive to their guests. Thank you MAllorca for an outstanding experience each and every time we have been there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceLuvindependentrestaurantDined on 10/4/2014This restaurant is an all around great experience. The food was out of this world. The head waiter was entertaining, friendly and helped make our dinner fantastic! I would highly recommend Mallorca to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent family dinnerpa13VIPDined on 9/27/2014This was our first visit after considering going for quite some time. We were not disappointed by the food or quality. The food was excellent. The service was outstanding until we finished with our dinner. For some reason, it took forever to get our check brought to our table, quite some time after they had boxed what was left of our dinners to take home. Overall, it was a very good food and experience experience notwithstanding the flat ending..Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/27/2014Restaurant difficult to locate for non-locals. In Cleveland E. and W. 6th street are 12 blocks apart. I expected them to be part of the same street, divided in the middle by an arbitrary NS street. Cell-call saved the day. Friday night dinner for two. $10 valet parking may not have been necessary, but a 'nice' convenience. Reservation honored. Both entrees: Roasted baby goat. Goat was far from 'baby,' but prep and presentation were both acceptable. Nice accompanying salad and rice. $75 total with one drink. Reasonable price considering the entrees. Only one problem. Our waiter was forced to shout over the ambient noise. Worth a stop when in Cleveland.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The food and service were top rate - had the best scallops I ever ate for an appetizer as well as portobello mushrooms and provolone cheese. We then had stuffed lobster and I had chocolate mousse for dessert. Everything was excellent as was the service.Special Features:
- Incredible experiencelovingfoodDined on 9/14/2014I am from out of town and happened to dine at Mallorca the evening after the Cleveland Brown's won their home opener. The staff did an amazing job of dealing with many of their patrons robust enthusiasm while taking the time to ensure the quieter crowd was attended to. The tastes of the different foods...stuffed mushroom....lobster in champagne/applesauce were breathtaking...so good I closed my eyes! Great, great dining experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Astounding Restaurant!SuperbDined on 9/3/2014I have been going to this restaurant for over 10 years and have ALWAYS been completely blown away by every single aspect of it. Yes, it can get a little pricey, but I don't go out to eat to save money. I wouldn't say it's much of a kids' place - more of a romantic and adult setting. I HIGHLY recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was absolutely wonderful.GlamorousDined on 8/30/2014Had friends and family from out of town. Actually European. Wanted to show them a really good time. They absolutely loved the food and the restaurant. The drinks are top shelf. Would definitely recommend and would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking forward to returning!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Our first time at Mallorca was a wonderful experience with great food and a great staff. Will definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasionmex91Dined on 8/26/2014Came here for a birthday was a very nice setting. The food is amazing and I love they have vegetarian foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiblesDined on 8/23/2014We have been there a few other times. This time we brought friends. It was their first time. They loved it.Special Features:
- Mallorca, a neighborhood favorite.BuckeyeBitesDined on 8/23/2014I'm a locale and frequently dine at Mallorca. We love sitting at the bar and watching all the action. The menu and wine list has a lot of depth but you can't go wrong with the daily specials. I highly recommend Mallorca and the service is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mallorca shines!JosephDined on 8/21/2014took my niece to Mallorca the evening before she went back to OSU for fall classes, started with the octopus w/Spanish paprika&olive oil. The octopus is always tender and of great size here(think of banana slices). I had for the first time here pork Osso-Buco, one of the many daily specials that Enrique described to us, two well sized pork shanks in gravy(which really made the dish), pork was fork tender and went well with the Spanish rice. My niece(the expensive date that she is) ordered the 10 oz filet from regular menu with garlic mashers and raved about it being cooked perfect and yet she did not finish her plate. we split a flaming Mallorca coffee to finish the evening after complimentary shots of almond liquor. Bravo Mallorca!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!EllaVIPDined on 8/20/2014Everything about Mallorca is outstanding. The food was great and the options incredible! The service could not be surpassed... So very accommodating. Just great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A paella to rememberwrtrcyncDined on 8/10/2014The paella Valencia (hard to find on the menu because it's called by a more American-friendly name, casserole) can easily feed 3 for the price you'd spend on 1 at most other fine restaurants. It was also very authentic; I had just spent a week in Spain earlier this year trying paella. The sangria was nothing special, but the very personal service was. I especially enjoyed the after dinner shot of almond liquor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner experienceCanadianseniorsatlargeDined on 8/3/2014Wait staff was excellent and very friendly and informative. Felt like we were being treated very special. We had the seafood paella and Chilean sea bass. Both excellent. Portions very large for main course . We were provided with great bread and salad (we asked to share one salad only as we wanted room for the main course. My paella was so large I took it back to the hotel for the staff - hope they ate it as it was terrific. Waitress Dejaneiro (hope I got it right) made our visit great. The free liquor so after the meal were a pleasant surprise. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone for food taste and value.Special Features:
- had a fantastic timeyummytime2Dined on 8/2/2014I took my wife here for her birthday and everything was excellent from the good to the service to the atmosphere. We will be back again and refer friends and family .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mallorca is great place!!!!!!AmherstlovesClevelandDined on 8/1/2014My experience at Mallorca's was absolutely wonderful. From making the reservation to increasing it the last minute, Mallorca's was very accommodating. Our party of 21 thoroughly enjoyed the food, atmosphere and service. We ordered steak, seafood, pasta, and veal. It was all very delicious. The wait staff really did a great job and made the evening very enjoyable. Thank you Mallorca's !!!!!Special Features:
- Excellent!Que34Dined on 7/31/2014Unfortunately, we were in town for my husband to visit Cleveland clinic; fortunately, we found Mallorca for a very special anniversary dinner!! The food and service were impeccable-one of the best overall dining experiences ever. The sangria, stuffed salmon special, and seafood casserole were all excellent with large servings. Also all of the little extra touches such as cake for our anniversary were appreciated!! Mallorca is an great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch with girlsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014We went for lunch and sat outside on a sunny day. Enrique was our server. He was very good, friendly, helpful and attentive. He was very attentive to making sure our glasses were filled with sangria at all times. He even gave us an after dinner drink on them! Food was large portions and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, ok foodcheffromageDined on 7/27/2014We visited on a Sunday night with a group of six. Service was very good and unobtrusive. The menu offers quite a variety of dishes and there were a number of additional specials to consider. We started with some tapas, which were delectable. Entrees were well prepared but we did not consider them to be exceptionally tasty, at least to the extent that any particular dish would draw us back for another visit. However, with the emphasis on Spanish and Portuguese dishes and the variety of seafood preparations, Mallorca offers an enjoyable change of pace for dining in Cleveland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticfmads51Dined on 7/27/2014Everything - the sangria, the salad, our entrees, the rice, the potatoes, the vegetables, desert and coffee - was terrific. The entrees were huge. The staff were all friendly and helpful. I wish I lived nearby to be able to come again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArtsyDined on 7/21/2014My husband and I went for our anniversary. We love the food and the service. My husband always orders a special and is never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mallorca: Spanish Joy in ClevelandJimmyMacVIPDined on 7/18/2014How lucky for our group of eight that a friend recommended Mallorca in Cleveland's Warehouse District for lunch. We couldn't have been treated better if LeBron James was in our party. Great welcome (reserved table awaiting us); great food and drink - I had the Blackened Tuna, superb. Attentive service was appreciated. Going to Cleveland? Get to Mallorca!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomefirsttimersDined on 7/14/2014My husband and I received a gift card about a year ago and decided to use it before going to "The Voice" performance at the State Theater. We had no idea what to expect but our expectations were EXCEEDED by your staff and the delicious food (including the amount of food we received). We would highly recommend this restaurant to our family and friends.Special Features:
- MallorcaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014My family and I made reservations at thi restaurant for my mothers birthday and we have a great time. I had made a reservation online and put a note that we were owning for her birthday dinner and they remembered/acknowledged that part of the note which I was impressed with because most restaurants I have been to have not acknowledged those notes that I have left. The food was very good just a lot more than we were expecting! All the waiters were very attentive to our needs and made sure we were satisfied with our meals. Over ally great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cakesandpiesDined on 7/5/2014We've been to Mallorica many times through the years. But, last saturday night my meal was disappointing. I ordered shrimp with a crabmeat and mascarpone topping. I was really looking forward to the meal. I thought the shrimp was tough and the topping lacking flavor. My husband did, however, enjoy the osso buco. (I noticed that the restaurant was not crowded for a Saturday night; that should have been a tipoff to us.)
- A wonderful taste of Spain!Fabfoodie326Dined on 7/5/2014This was the perfect restaurant to take my daughter to celebrate her birthday after returning from a six month stay in Madrid. She wanted to go to a restaurant that would conjure up memories of the delectable food she enjoyed while living in Spain. The paella was fantastic, as were the other shrimp and chicken dishes the family ordered. The service was impeccable. We had a head waiter who was knowledgeable, personable, and entertaining at the same time. I would highly recommend dining at Mallorca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- huge portions and long wait timeHoneyroastedPeanutButterDined on 6/28/2014Now that I live in downtown Cleveland, Mallorca has been on my list of restaurants to try for a while and I feel that in the food department I was not too disappointed. The best thing we ordered was the Paella, fitting for a Spanish themed restaurant. However, I we also ordered the stuffed salmon and there were a few miss steps, portion are extremely to big and the salmon was slightly over cooked and under seasoned. the wait staff was friendly, but we had to wait a long time for the check due to one of the waiters cell phone picture sharing in the middle of the dinning area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 866 reviews are from the Mallorca reviews archive.
- Romantic dinnerfoodieDined on 6/26/2014Wonderful service , great food, the servers were friendly, made sure we had everything we needed! Even sang happy anniversary to us! We were delighted to spend souch a wonderful evening downtown and eating the food we loved at Marbella. Thank you to Manny and the staff for such a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.