2228 E Carson St
Pittsburgh, PA 15203Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mallorcarestaurantpgh.com/
- Phone: (412) 488-1818
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Spanish, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Max Arenas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Either dining room can be used for private parties on any day but Saturday nights.
One seats up to 60 and the other to 75.
- Private Party Contact: Antonio 4124881818x
A word from Mallorca Restaurant
Welcome to Mallorca Restaurant where we serve the finest of Spanish Continental cuisine. We prepare your food with only the freshest of meats and seafood available. Our generous portions and classic European service will make you want to come back again and again.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mallorca Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (67)fit for foodies (45)neighborhood gem (42)romantic (28)notable wine list (28)good for groups (27)great for outdoor dining (24)hot spot (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- JimGDined on 11/22/2014Fun place. Somewhat uncommom food choices that were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014We made reservations for our anniversary and it was my husband's 1st time here (my 2nd). He loved his dish, the wild boar sauce that was one of the specials. Service at this restaurant is unbelievable! We've never had better or even close. Only recommendation/suggestion I have is offering a wine list as i noticed a lot of bottles there and a draft list. They gave us 2 pieces of complimentary cake and the almond liquor (so good) at the end. Highly recommend this restaurant for special occasions!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LalaDined on 11/15/2014Booked a table, but had to wait over 20 minutes once we got there. We were then seated in the bar area. It just seemed as if we were treated a little differently (not looked after as well) because we were not in the restaurant. This was our third time at Mallorca, the previous two times were excellent. The food was very good once it arrived, but we did have to wait a very long time for it. We understand that Saturday nights are very busy, but if I make a reservation, I expect to be seated in the restaurant (not the bar) within 10-15 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & wineDanielleVIPDined on 11/13/2014The restaurant is small and reservations a must! But the food and service are top. With more specials than I can remember, wait to eat those before making up your mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Time!Place2BDined on 11/11/2014The perfect place to entertain my guest. Great selection, the food was fantastic and the service was second to none. Even the lot attendant made us feel welcome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time; will returnSecretSquirrelDined on 11/8/2014First time out. Waitstaff was great-a little forthright to get our order, but friendly. It was a little loud, because there were several groups, so great place for a celebration. Romance, not really. Food was plentiful and delicious. Highly recommend the sausage appetizer, and the garlic seafood dinner. Also don't miss the sangria. Get the pitcher. Trust me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our New Favorite Restaurantluv2eatoutDined on 11/6/2014We've been to Mallorca a few times & are amazed every time we are there. The wait staff is incredible & their attention to detail is wonderful. They make you feel like you are important to them; they make dining at Mallorca more than just "going out for dinner." Every meal we've had at Mallorca has been outstanding. This time, we started with the Stuffed Mushrooms. Not only were they delicious, but the sauce was so tasty, we used the crusty bread to "sop up" all the sauce. The crunch of the fresh vegetables in the Gazpacho made it the best I've ever had. Hubby had the Pollo Mallorca & I had the Stuffed Flounder - excellent choices. We're looking forward to our next dining experience at Mallorca - can't wait to see what we order!Special Features:
- visitorDined on 10/28/2014They were professional and attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definite Do AgainLoriDined on 10/26/2014The food was excellent and a great variety of choices. We couldn't have asked for better service. Chris was wonderful and made dining there a great experience. We definitely will go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding food and service.cwplatt49Dined on 10/17/2014I've not had authentic Spanish cuisine since 1987 when I was last in Palma de Mallorca. Exquisite food and drink. Impeccable wait staff. I highly recommend this restaurant. A wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent findKelbel1115Dined on 10/16/2014We started coming to Mallorca about 15 yrs ago. And moved out of town over 10 yrs now. Food is as good as it was then. Consistent and delicious as always!! Staff is overly attentive...no need to worry about pouring yourself another glass from you sangria pitcher, it's all done for you! Not many places have this kind of service anymore. The fresh stuffed mushrooms and garlic shrimp or chicken are a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and SLowpblevins10Dined on 10/11/2014My wife and I were seated early for our reservation on a Saturday night at 7:30. Restaurant was PACKED. We were seated in the back of the restaurant in the corner. We were immediately given water then bread by the wait staff. Our main waiter came over and went through the specials. Nice guy but really seemed to be in a rush. He kept asking if we were ready to order 2 minutes after looking at the menu. Our food was decent. Mussels are really really good. The Shrimp in Garlic sauce was overcooked. Dessert was good. After we were done eating our main course it took our waiter 20 min to come check on us. Overall it was ok. Not sure I'd make an effort to go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Apps were good, paella's a little bland. Service, once he got started with us was excellent. Overall, a fun place to go that is different. Really liked the energy level within the wait staff and the oversight of the GM or maybe owner. They were hopping.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014Service was quick and personable. Everyone's food was fantastic and the experience was something new and differentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencePittfoodieDined on 10/11/2014Very attentive service with an array of options to choose for dinner. The food was prepared flawlessly. Only complaint would be specials were read and hard to remember because there were so many.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummysarahDined on 10/11/2014Great food and service! Cozy dinning area. We have eaten outside in the past. Its a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MallorcatravelDined on 10/10/2014Food in general was not the quality we have had in the past. Service as always was good, but the food (fish and lobster) were not up to their normal standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/5/2014My husband and I enjoyed our dinner here. It was his first visit. He got a steak dish that was cooked perfectly. I chose the seafood pasta. You can never go wrong with a seafood entrée here. The service was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Front Row Seats to the KitchenWineandDineMeDined on 10/4/2014We got up and left so I can't comment on the food. While the initial dining area looked nice, I'm convinced we got seated in the kitchen. It seems as though they expanded their seating area into what used to be their kitchen. We could hear ALL of the banging pots and pans, dishwasher, and clanging silverware coming from behind the makeshift wall. It was so noisy I couldn't hear anyone at my table speak. The seating was so crowded I was pretty much seated on the lap of the strange man behind me. When we asked to be seated in the other room, we were offered a table two seats away. We left.
- Good, not greatampst8Dined on 9/30/2014Service was friendly. And the servings are large. However, nothing was exceptional. There were too many specials to keep track of. Print a daily menu if you are going to have over 20 specials. I had roast duck that was slightly overcooked. My wife had lobster ravioli, but there was hardly a hint of lobster. The wine list looked very good and extensive. And singing a birthday song in the restaurant is uncommon when you're paying that much. Maybe just a free dessert would suffice. Otherwise the atmosphere was quiet.
- Excellent Service and Great FooddebwDined on 9/28/2014The service at Mallorca is amazing ... taking care of your every need. There is an excellent selection of fine food and many specials. The homemade sangria is the best!Special Features:
- Hair in FoodKfergDined on 9/26/2014My visit to Mallorca was not a good one. I was taken to Mallorca's by my co worker who raved about the place. It was my first time there and I ordered a Chicken Caesar Salad. I had been craving a salad so was excited to get it. The first thing i noticed was the hair that was cooked into my chicken breast. It was not a hair lying on the salad but it was hair that had to be peeled away from the chicken as it was sealed in by the searing of the meat. The waiter immediately came over and took the plate away saying he would make me a new one. I told him that he could make it to go because I would not be eating it. The manger never came out to apologize and neither did the chef. I was expeting more from the well know restaurant.Special Features:
- A little disappointingtdtdDined on 9/20/2014On Saturday night we were promptly seated outside on a beautiful night. Service team made us feel special and we were off to a great start. We ordered a pitcher of sangria and it was delicious. Apps came fast and were decent. Gazpacho soup was quite good. Then things slowed down very considerably. After apps it was at least 45 minutes until entrees came. They were not worth the wait. I got Paella ( "when in Spain…" ) As soon as it arrived , I could smell the fish was way past its prime. I should have sent it back. My wife's tilapia stuffed with crabmeat was huge but just OK and I think the crabmeat was fake. My son enjoyed his filet. We ended with a very good dessert, I never mentioned my smelly paella but won't be in a hurry to return.Special Features:
- Fantastic waiter, slow kitchenBrennan342VIPDined on 9/20/2014Our server was spectacular, however the night we were there the kitchen was extremely backed up and meals took over an hour to prepare (we ordered a steak, arroz con pollo and bronzino). Bronzino was slightly underdone, although that was mostly corrected by the waiter when he filleted the fish tableside. Steak was tasty, arroz con pollo was slightly bland despite addition of chorizo to the mix.Special Features:
- Always a good decision412erDined on 9/20/2014Good is great, seevice is always amazing... Keep it upSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PreppyGirlDined on 9/20/2014I was deeply disappointed in the service on my visit to Mallorca. We frequently dine at Mallorca about once every two months. The rice was cold, the duck was all bones and not edible. The twin lobster tails were overcooked and tasted like rubber. I asked for a bread plate after all of the bread plates were removed from the table along with the dirty salad plates; instead they brought more bread. The waiter that took my order never appeared again. Someone else deliver our coffee, sangria, espresso, dessert, and check. I felt rushed and I was never asked how our dinners were. I was ultimately disappointed in the service and quality of food.Special Features:
- Excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014We went there on the weekend while visiting our daughter at Pitt. The food was excellent and the waiter was excellent. We would recommend highly.Special Features:
- Way overratedTheo79Dined on 9/17/2014Mallorca is a nice place with a beautiful garden,which is far from quiet since it is on E Carson str.After we sat down waiter comes and starts talking about today's specials.Guess what? He kept talking for 10 mins,telling us about 25 different today's special dishes!I don't know if anyone can remember them afterwards.The menu is big but still way overpriced.We ordered some wine (great) ,some baked clams (not the best ,certainly not worth the price),mussels in red sauce(really bad sauce) and their stuffed lobster. After appetizers waiter comes with stuffed tails instead saying there was misunderstanding in kitchen, without even asking us if it was ok!Make a long story short an ok place for special occasions but other than that dissapointingSpecial Features:
- ROARRDined on 9/17/2014Haven't been back to Pittsburgh for a couple years. Couldn't wait to come back to Mallorca. It didn't disapooint. Top notch EVERYTHINg at this place. The "specials" of the most impressive as any high quality restaurant as you'll ever find.......anywhere. I congratualte them on being being one of my Top 5 restaurants in the US. Thank you for another unforgettable meal. This place ROCKS!!!!Special Features:
- a wonderful surpriseRomo1Dined on 9/14/2014When I was told that a goat dish was on the menu, I just had to have it. When the dish arrived I couldn't wait to dig in. WOW was all I could say. It was great. When finished all I could do is rave about the meal. The service was friendly and very efficient. I would recommend this restaurant to everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mallorca as wonderful as everbewellfedDined on 9/9/2014Went on our anniversary. I hadn't been in a decade, and my wife had never been there. I knew it would be expensive, but I wanted to bring her to someplace memorable. Quintessential continental style service, an excellent menu, and specials. It was mid-week thus they weren't that busy, and dining outside on a lovely late summer day made it even more enjoyable. They also own Ibiza next door enabling ordering from the tapas menu as well on the night we went.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mixed reviewNoritaDined on 9/5/2014It is trying to be a fine dining experience but doesn't quite make it. Good food. Prices were a little high. We sat outside. The location is near a busy intersection. My husband noted a loud honk that stopped only when a waiter waved to the driver. Wines were overpriced. The service was mixed being attentive but not always effective. Our waiter kept approaching us even though our menus were still open. We were served salads twice, had to ask for a wine chiller, etc. But a server saw us leveling our table and came to the rescue. They served EACH of us complimentary cake for my birthday. At closing I saw chairs stacked on tables that were set for the next day. I felt sorry for whoever got the knife with the chair foot on it.Special Features:
- MagnificentRockydogDined on 9/2/2014I dine here whenever I'm in Pittsburgh . Never , ever disappointed !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ok, not good for the priceNYFoodieVIPDined on 8/31/2014Pros: our waiter was personable and attentive. My wife's stuffed lobster was presented well. Cons: the ambiance is dated and the restaurant had an odor. Lobster and scallops were inedible in mariscada. Expected better Spanish flavor, the food was blah. $5 to self park on a Sunday.
- Home-style EleganceTeamDTRDined on 8/30/2014I always enjoy the food and excellent service at Mallorca's. My husband and I try to dine here once a month and everytime it is a treat. This weekend we took my grandmother for the first time. She had surgery at the beginning of the summer and has not had a decent petite in months BUT she ate most of her food here and even ordered cake. It was a delightful 75th birthday for her the only thing we forgot to tell the staff it was her birthday.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Was disappointed with Mallorca on this occasion. I thought the service which is typically top notch was lacking. Also, my wife has a Gluten Allergy and nobody seemed to be able to confirm what was and what wasn't gluten free which makes for a very uneasy meal. With the amount of people that currently have gluten allergies so high, there should be a gluten free menu or at least somebody who is knowledable on the subject. The chef should have come out and spoken to my wife instead of the waiter running back and forth and still not being sure. There were also numerous flies constantly flying around which should not be the case in an upscale restaurant.
- Good Food but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Overall enjoyed my dining experience. Nice outside seating area with great ambiance, but the traffic noise was distracting at times.
- Great evening!SuzeDined on 8/22/2014Our family loves Mallorca for the food, San Gria, great service and energy you feel when you dine there. We love to celebrate special occasions at Mallorca. The menu has interesting choices and we have never had a bad meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SchmoDined on 8/22/2014The food and service were excellent. It had been quite a few years since I had been to mallorca, but I am glad we went there.Special Features:
- StorminNormanDined on 8/21/2014Our favorite restaurant in the Burgh. Never a bad meal, servers are always charming and nightly dinner specials are always great and the waiters recite them like they are giving a speech...I just get a kick out of it....not to mention the complimentary shot of almond liquor is always a nice touch at the end of the meal!!Special Features: