400 North Ashley Drive
Tampa, FL 33602Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.maliosprime.com/
- Phone: 8132237746
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday : 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday : 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Featured various weekends....check with hostess or on website for special events.
A word from Malio's Prime
Malio's Prime Steak House was opened in 1969 by none other than Malio himself providing only the finest hand cut steaks, fresh caught seafood, premium wine and spirits and great service. Today, every individual who walks through the door will still receive the same high level of service, the finest foods and premium wine and spirits at Tampa's newest old premier family owned restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Malio's Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)romantic (60)notable wine list (29)great for lunch (25)scenic view (25)vibrant bar scene (22)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (13)hot spot (13)late-night find (9)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- prepared to dislikeitalianexpertDined on 9/13/2014I was prepared to dislike malios having been to to old malios several times, however if you get the old one out of your head and don't compare it is a very nice special occasion type of place to eat. The one complaint I would say is that some items on the menu were way overpriced, but on average was a typical steak house in terms of pricing. I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionLMNYCTPAVIPDined on 9/11/2014Made a reservation for a surprise lunch for a friends milestone birthday - staff was so helpful assisting with special items for the celebration and was very attentive to our limited time for the guest of honor. The food was very good as well.Special Features:
- servicemarkDined on 8/29/2014great service, nice people, great ambience. place was easy to find and the employees there were very inviting and welcoming.Special Features:
- Perfect for business dinnerMommaCDined on 8/26/2014I selected this restaurant based on a recommendation from a colleague in the food industry. I took restaurant industry people there as my guests and they were all impressed too. The decor and ambiance were perfect for entertaining. The service was great and everyone seemed to enjoy their food very much. I had the Sea Bass special of the night and it was perfectly prepared. Our server was attentive and very professional. We had an Old Vine Zin- Brazen with dinner that was fantastic. We were at the Marriott Waterside and it was a quick cab ride away in downtown Tampa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so soOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/23/2014As I was walking in, I saw a certain type of bug which ruined it for me. I should have left at that point, but was with a date and did not want to spoil the experience for them as well. The side portions are somewhat small and our food was a bit lukewarm. There are much better steakhouses in the area for the money.
- Not what was expectedSTampaDinerDined on 8/15/2014One of our entrees was substituted without confirming with us, my meat was overdone, our dessert had apparently just come out of the freezer and was mircowaved to thaw as parts were quite warm and other parts were icy. The server made two errors on our bill. We usually choose Capital Grille for our beef splurges and have never faced any of these missteps there. Wanted to try a local spot, but not again.
- Too loudNoisesensitiveDined on 8/15/2014The food was very good & would have been rated higher if I could have had a conversation during dinner, however the noise level was very alarming LOUD.Special Features:
- Always crowdedSteveVIPDined on 8/14/2014Malio's is an exceptional Italian "steak house" in downtown Tampa, that is always very busy every time we go because of the superior service and excellent cuisine. The menu is simple, nothing fancy or overdone, with a few choices for each: fish, pasta and of course signature beef. This night we enjoyed a soup special of chicken, leek and mushroom that was very savory. I opted for the baked ziti which was toothsome and gratifying. My girlfriend needed to send her filet back to the kitchen, as it was a skosh undercooked for her taste, but after it returned she enjoyed it, and ate the entire steak which was a rarity for her. The "warm ice cream sandwich" should be your choice for dessert. Beware: it's big enough for four.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome eveningProfessionalResortistDined on 8/14/2014Great steak, tuna tartare app and martinis. The service was was a bit slow due to the happy hour crowd and alot of people dining early, but the food is always amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for the qualityLucyDined on 8/14/2014Place was very noisy which came from the bar, very hard to have a conversation during dinner. Restrooms were out of order and the view, what view?! Not going back. Our waitress was sweet.
- bad restuaranthorribleDined on 8/13/2014probably a good bar scene and they should concentrate on that. a weird layout too noisy and really bad AC. Who wants to sweat through dinner. Soo loud the server had to shout to be heard when explaining the features of the night!!!! No bathrooms on the first floor-Had to ride elevator to fourth floor and hunt for bathroom. A horrible experience - never go there again. Lots of hype but as they say in Texas, all hat, no cattle.Special Features:
- Sweet TimesBack2UDined on 8/8/2014Me and my Wife enjoyed our dinning experience at your restaurant. This was our first time and I travel allot so I would rate this as a very good evening and highly recommended for dinner or special events.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014Was just OK. Have been to nicer places for the price.Special Features:
- Not good enough to returnOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/7/2014The food did not make up for the slow service, or I'd give Malio's another shot. Four of us went for dinner, and we didn't all order appetizers and salads, yet each course was dramatically slow between each course (so those who only got an entree had to wait through 2 long course pauses for food). The food wasn't terrible, but nothing special or great either. More like something I could make at home for 1/10th of the price. I wouldn't go back.
- PleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Overall the experience was great and the price is very reasonable for the quality of dining.Special Features:
- OverpricedJonboi34Dined on 8/2/2014Nice resturaunt over all, but you get basic food for a way higher price, I ordered chicken fettucini, I had better at applesbees nothing special about it, wife had boneless chicken breast but it was loaded with melted cheese, looked like a plate you'll get from chills, I recommend ordering a couple of appetizers and have some wine or a bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedTopDogDined on 8/2/2014Our expectations for this restaurant were very high.We were very disappointed.This was our third visit to this location and we will think twice before making reservations here again.We ordered chateaubriand for 2.After the food arrived we unhappily discovered it was at about room temperature.Nothing was hot or even warm.We notified our waitress who apologized and said she would get new veggies. We asked to see the manager and she brought over the warmer food personally.By this time the meat was cold.It's really too bad as everything had a wonderful flavor and the service was quite good.We blame the kitchen for this lack of attention to the food.We don't hesitate to pay higher prices for great food.In this case, the cost was not justified.Special Features:
- Great Experience!bdigita1Dined on 7/28/2014Phenomenal food, and great service! We went there for our anniversary and it was romantic and very relaxing. When the waitress found out it was our anniversary, she brought out a plate with chocolate strawberries to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gailDined on 7/28/2014I was there for the first time in the downtown location with two friends. The service was attentive and all-around excellent, the food was exceptional, and we all enjoyed the opportunity for quiet conversation.Special Features:
- Expensive and BoringSweetCandiceKDined on 7/26/2014For the high price point, the seating awkward, the view terrible, and service was just ok. The food itself was on par with everything else, just ok. Nothing was bad, but nothing was particularly yummy. It was all under seasoned and I could've made it at home for half the price. :(
- Reasonably goodINRdocDined on 7/24/2014At my hotel they indicated I may not be allowed in in my(designer) jeans and short sleeves, but greeting was very friendly. I found service fine but all I want is food so if that is delivered I am fine despite rather spotty service, 3 different people delivering my food. Salad fresh but the usual creamy southern dressing, I should have specified a balsamic vinegrette. Waitress Max delightful. Nothing great but it perfectly satisfied my need as a single business diner at 9:pm. Crab cakes good but puréed rather than chunks. An excellent New Zealand white wineSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2014food was very good -- enjoyed our dinner! Everything was cooked just as expected and very much enjoyed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been going for 15 yr regularlyBarnal1Dined on 7/24/2014Always a great time! With at least 200 visits, never a bad meal! Great place for lunch and happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as special as I had hopedSandyDined on 7/23/2014I took a friend to dinner at Malio's to celebrate her birthday. We were seated over the bar which was still in full happy hour mode. It was hard to talk and hear due to all of the noise from below. If there is a next time I will ask for a window seat away from the bar. The French onion soup was cold, the chateaubriand was quite good as were the onion rings, squash and potatoes. The cocktails were also good. Service was slow---server was waiting on many tables and often not present. Although the food was good, it was not as wonderful a birthday celebration as I had hoped.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableRyanVIPDined on 7/23/2014I was a little nervous going here because the reviews were split good and bad. We were very happy with the food, drinks and the service. I also think that the price is in line if not a value to other steak places. We all ordered steaks that were cooked perfect. They came with vegetables and a small portion of potatos which was a good amount of food and I wasn't so full that I felt bad for eating a desert which was also very good. We enjoyed everything and will go again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceBattyDined on 7/19/2014Well this time you guys where not up to par. The service was not as good as it has been. The food is still great if a little high on the price side. Will we back? Yes! But please bring the service back to where it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKGruddyDined on 7/19/2014The food was very good, atmosphere was great and the bar staff was on their game. Table service was slow and frsutrating.Special Features:
- ServicedinnerfortwoDined on 7/19/2014The food and wine was amazing. However, our waitress was extremely rude. I think she spoke 10 words to us the entire dinner (1.5 hours). This made it extremely uncomfortable! We were afraid to ask questions about the menu! I noticed she did the same to the other tables she was waiting on around us. Not sure if it was a bad day or what but it definitely made us uncomfortable. When she would bring us our food, wine, etc. she just dropped it at the table and walked away. We also sat with our empty plates and empty wine glasses for about 15 minutes (even though she kept walking by and we tried to get her attention repeatedly). Great food and horrible service. The girls who worked upfront at the reservation desk were all quite nice and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot Spot?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014Had dinner at Malio's Saturday night taking advantage of a Living Social deal. Judging by the restaurant's fine dining reputation I was looking forward to a wonderful meal. Our service was good ~ the waiter was attentive but didn't hover. Food arrived at the table hot and well timed to after the salad course. As for the food...I've prepared better filet at home. Presentation was lacking. Steak on a white plate with a single sad looking bit of parsley. Fine dining indeed! The stuffed baked potato was good & my husband enjoyed his pasta dish. Will we go back? No. Will we recommend Malio's to others? No.
- 2exmemDined on 7/18/2014Server John L was fabulous and Michael Knight from the kitchen came out to talk aex nd was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnificent!SteeleDined on 7/15/2014This is my first visit to Malio's since they moved. The house merlot is like silk, the bread is light and crisp, the caesar salad is outstanding and the prime rib is sheer perfection! I left the restaurant wondering how soon I could return, absolutely amazing. I love the way the restaurant curves so you only see the tables right across from you, not a whole restaurant, very intimate. We had a view of University of Tampa which is always lovely to look at. Rated 20 on a scale of 1-10!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long Time Tampa ResidentsAlbertoDined on 7/12/2014We were told that it would be a memorable dining experience. No so. The service was middle-of-the-road, the food was not what we were told to expect, although the Prime Rib was very good, the salad was not fresh and the Calamari fought back. I expected much more from such a highly touted eatery. The scenic view was no where to be found but our waiters heavy accent added an international flare which we found very charming. As he explained how we could best use our coupon, I began to think we were in a Saturday night live skit. The wine, mine was a thimble full, was excellent but a bit pricey. To all who go for the first time, good luck. It's like the lottery, you could win big, but then again..... Bon Appetite!
- Birthday Dinner at MaliosPrestonDined on 7/10/2014First time at Malios but it won't be the last. Our server Daniel was fantastic and the entire dining experience was one of the best I have had in Tampa. Great food, great service and they provided a birthday dessert on the house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rip offBornInCubaVIPDined on 7/7/2014Pretty upset that we could spend $60 per person, with only three glasses of wine, for what everyone agreed was a so-so meal. The killer came when I got home and only then found out that the waiter had already tagged a 20% gratuity onto our bill without telling us.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014Food, service and the whole eating experience is really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Malios was greatVV4161Dined on 6/28/2014First place in a longtime that actually made me delighted with the salmon. Perfectly MR and my husbands veal chop Milanese was outstanding!Special Features:
- The food was most sublime!!ShawnJenkDined on 6/25/2014Malio's is atop the food chain in regards to dining in Tampa Bay! I would give the service six stars if I could!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visitwildDined on 6/24/2014We were staying at a local hotel for a few days. Being unfamiliar with the area, we wanted a nice place for an anniversary night out. This fit that bill, but the noise level was a little high, even though it was a Tuesday night. The sound system was set up and talking across the table was difficult. The food and service however was very good. We did find the timing of the courses to be a little off, as the main course came about 10 minutes after the other courses were removed from the table. The drinks however, were very strong. We prefer to have two to three drinks over the evening, but were hardly able to finish the one. A properly mixed drink is more enjoyable and more profitable in the long run.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Delicious123Dined on 6/23/2014Our family dined here for a special occasion and couldn't have asked for better food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite!AlexandMyriamDined on 6/21/2014Great food, perfect atmosphere, Excellent Service! We cannot say enough things about this restaurant! What an overall wonderful experience for our 10 year Anniversary. Our Server, Jared was just awesome! He definitely made our night perfect along with everything else! Thank you!! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.