Malibu and Vine Bar & Grill
901 Encinal Canyon Rd
Malibu, CA 90265Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Malibu and Vine Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.malibuandvine.com/
- Phone: 8188896680
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Sunday: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm; Dinner: Friday - Sunday: 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Zubrod
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Malibu and Vine Bar & Grille offers inventive and fresh, farm to table foods in a destination style atmosphere. Our executive Chef Matthew Zubrod brings decades of catering and restaurant ownership experience that he uses to tailor to you and your event personality. The outcomes are event menus that allow you to explore contemporary, classic or extravagant culinary journeys. Guests create their plated menu from our currenty dining menu. Buffet options start at $48pp.
- Private Party Contact: Beth Pearcey Neal 8188896680
- Entertainment: Are you planning to visit our outdoor wine bar? If so please call 818-413-7599 or email us at email@example.com
A word from Malibu and Vine Bar & Grill
Located at the renowned and public Malibu Golf Club, Malibu and Vine Bar & Grille is a hand crafted beer and wine bar with random acts of cooking featuring the culinary designs from Chef Matthew Zubrod. Our Outdoor Wine Bar features numerous varietals of locally grown Semler and Saddlerock wines. Both overlook the perfectly manicured #1 fairway in one of the most breathtaking settings in all of Southern California. Come experience this incredibly unique and complete dining experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Malibu and Vine Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- nice lunch spotgeoprofDined on 12/19/2013This is a nice lunch spot. We visited on a week day and it was very peaceful and quiet. After lunch we visited the Malibu Family wines tasting bar on the patio, which was also wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for OutdoorEllaDined on 8/11/2013Nice place on the golf course. Nothing fancy but nice sitting on their patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In the beautiful setting,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/10/2013In the beautiful setting, we sat at our table. We looked over the menu of small plates, which looked good. We told a server we'd like to order a few small plates. We never saw her again.Special Features:
- After-Wedding OutingMaveWedDined on 7/31/2013What a beautiful hidden location where you can really enjoy a wine tasting and a great outdoor lunch with family and friends. Spectacular mountain view and serene garden with option to dine around that area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable food and wineJudyVIPDined on 7/20/2013We went for,the fine tasting and then figured we would eat next door. Very quiet, I think it gets a bigger lunch/golf crowd. However, the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh, little more than a lunchNickDined on 7/6/2013This is a good place for a high end lunch. Its mostly a typical country club bar/eatery. The food is swell, the staff friendly and the views are great, but unless you are into the country club scene its not worth the drive from LA just to eat here. I'd only eat here again if I just finished a round of golf and needed to eat some lunch. Not really a destination place to eat. The wine bar area looks pretty nice, and if you feel like doing a wine tasting but dont want to drive all the way up to Santa Ynez from LA its good for an afternoon or evening away from the city, but there is probably a closer/less remote place to do the same.Special Features:
- It was a little hard to find,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/1/2013It was a little hard to find, mostly because Mapquest took us so far out of the way, however, the restaurant was very helpful in giving directions and moving our reservations. The service was very nice, the food was ok. The menu was limited for entrees but better for small plates. The wine pours were generous. We dined at night but a couple we met there said that the view during the day is spectacular. Apparently the outdoor area also has music. The atmosphere and staff seemed very relaxed and welcoming. We will give it another try.Special Features:
- All of the small plates weBoscoDined on 1/13/2013All of the small plates we had were awesome. The food is so full of flavor and unique. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Unbelievably delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/4/2013Some of the best food we have ever had. Chef is top notch. Please visit this restaurant. It is a rare find in the hills of Malibu.Special Features:
- Out of the Way, but worth the driveOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/12/2012We went with a ConnejoDeals prepaid coupone for 4 small plates and 2 glasses of wine. Ordered a half bottle of wine and desert as well. Clams were excellent, cheeze plate and crab cakes were very good. The duck tacos were OK. Nice atmosphere, very casual. We had a nice dinner.
- relaxing, country club feel.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/16/2012relaxing, country club feel. good tasting food; however, there was a little too much oil in the pasta.
- Always a great meal! And,PicodigioVIPDined on 9/7/2012Always a great meal! And, you never know who you will see there. We were very surprised to see one of our favorite actors from Breaking Bad. Server, Melissa, is our favorite!Special Features:
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/1/2012It was great. A hidden gem. Server, must have been Melissa, was super. Duck tacos, duck pizza, wow. All the food, tapas & entrees were very, very good. We are from northern California but our daughter, son-in-law & grandkids live in Thousand Oaks, we'll be back.Special Features:
- Food was excellent. RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/25/2012Food was excellent. Restaurant not busy most people go there after playing a round of golf. We would have loved to eat outdoors but it was cold and they had not heaters that evening.Special Features:
- We were very impressed withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2012We were very impressed with the food and how delicious it was,everything was great!! Loved the view in Malibu of the mountains and the golf course.Special Features:
- Our experience was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/5/2012Our experience was great! We were disappointed that there wasn't more business because the atmosphere was wonderful, the setting was very relaxing, and the food and service was very good.Special Features:
- We loved every minute. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/4/2012We loved every minute. Food was fantastic! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Beautiful setting for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012Beautiful setting for lunch or dinner. Our service was excellent. Some of the dinners were great, but the hanger steak was too rare and was just a small portion. Other than that we had a great time.Special Features:
- A wonderful meal -- we hadOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/29/2012A wonderful meal -- we had four tapas, a side of sauteed spinach, the creme brulee (blueberry!) and a glass of wine each. Our server was great -- when they ran out of milk and cream for coffee, she offered me one with soy milk and said if I didn't like it she would take it back. We sat outside and enjoyed the view of the first tee and the canyons beyond. A wonderful Sunday night dinner!Special Features:
- Be prepared to waitOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/27/2012I don't like providing negative reviews, but the service was for the most part poor. We waited a tremendous amount of time for our server to greet us, and the food was brought out after another half hour of waiting. The server never came out to check on us, and we had to search out our server to receive our check (maybe she was on a break?). The location is great, and the food was good - provided it didn't come out cold.Special Features:
- Server Melissa is always excellent!PicodigioVIPDined on 7/27/2012Server Melissa is always excellent! Chef Jeff also bakes our sweet potato fries which is much healthier.Special Features:
- The food was amazing and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012The food was amazing and very thoughtfully prepared. Customer service was really great as in the staff was super friendly. The only downer was that, despite the large number of tables outside, only a tiny portion was being utilized for seating. Therefore, even though we had reservations, we were not able to sit outside and enjoy the beautiful summer sunset and evening. We were seated at a table that allowed us to see everything through a window which was nice, but not quite the same. Next time we will be sure to request an outdoor table be reserved for us. :)Special Features:
- Great service, casual butOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/4/2012Great service, casual but elegant atmosphere, beautiful out door scenery. Will come back again.Special Features:
- The service was very good.PARTTDined on 4/21/2012The service was very good. We enjoyed the small plates and the atmosphere was small and nice. They need to improve on a few small things but overall very enjoyableSpecial Features:
- we went to the wine tastingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/25/2012we went to the wine tasting - it was a bautiful day - the staff was simply terrific---- the music divine -Special Features:
- Out of the way location, poorOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/4/2012Out of the way location, poor signage, insufficient wait staff, no sense of urgency to seat/honor reservations, mediocre food.
- Nice place. Went there forSherwinVIPDined on 12/29/2011Nice place. Went there for lunch. Had a Groopon Coupon. So did someone else. There was fine/hidden print on the Groopon site indicating that the coupon was good after 3pm only. Another scam.Special Features:
- Good if you're already atluv2dineVIPDined on 12/21/2011Good if you're already at the golf course. Wouldn't make a special trip I over there.Special Features: