Malcolm's at The Omphoy Ocean Resort and Spa
2842 S. Ocean Blvd
Palm Beach, FL 33480Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Malcolm's at The Omphoy Ocean Resort and Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.malcolmsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (561) 540-6444
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Friday and Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Dinner Sunday through Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mike Wurster
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Malcolm's at The Omphoy Ocean Resort and Spa
Malcolm's at The Omphoy Ocean Resort & Spa offers our guests sweeping views overlooking the Atlantic Ocean in a refined setting. Executive Chef Scott Helm's exquisite attention to detail is reflected in each dish. Chef Helm offers a sophisticated twist on traditional favorites and thoughtful sourcing. Our sommelier is available to guide you through our extensive wine selections for a personalized experience. The restaurant also features The Ami Ballroom for private events or wine tasting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Malcolm's at The Omphoy Ocean Resort and Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (11)notable wine list (7)fit for foodies (7)special occasion (7)romantic (5)good for groups (3)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Quiet Oceanside DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/2/2013Malcom's - The Art of Food, despite the pretentious name, is a lovely room in the Omphoy Hotel. The night we dined at the start of the "off season" it was very quiet. The view, over the beach to the Atlantic was tranquil and calming and that all worked together with the low-key space and the music. Our entrees were very nice. The rack of lamb with a chickpea cannoli was imaginative and perfectly cooked. The veal loin was also delicious, although the bacon wrapping may have obscured the delicate flavor of the veal a bit much. Overall, we had a very nice meal and the service as excellent throughout. Compared with the prices of many of the places in Palm Beach proper, this is worth a drive down the beach for its lovely setting and fine food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptional experiencereadytodineDined on 5/31/2013A wonderful diversified menu with an amazing view.Malcolm's offers fine dining which will not empty your wallet.I had a strip steak and my wife enjoyed a 2 1/2 pound lobster perfectly prepared and removed from it's shell.For an appetizer I had the lobster risotto and my wife enjoyed crab stufffed avocado which were both recommended by our attentive waiter.Both made our mouths water!! We finished with the Creme Brulee the Kit Kat Bar(chocolate cake treat),Our service was perfect and the lovely ambiance of the restaurant will make you look forward to your next meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost a 5TahiaVIPDined on 5/27/2013Beautiful restaurant, location and views. Modern. Fun, creative menu but... the food was a 4 out of 5. Chilled corn soup was a 3, not good. Morel ravioli was over salted. Dessert was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A++ food and view in palm beach!BrooklynrooDined on 5/25/2013Excellent food and service as you look out to the ocean and the night sky. Very romantic and really a gem.Special Features:
- VERY SCENIC VIEW OVERLOOKINGDADDYL1VIPDined on 5/22/2013VERY SCENIC VIEW OVERLOOKING THE OCEAN. VERY UP SCALE LOOKING AND SERVICE WAS GREAT. FOOD WAS VERY GOOD. HOWEVER, IT EXTREMELY HARD TO FIND, NO SIGNAGE FROM THE ROAD. HAD TO CALL FOR DIRECTIONS WHEN I WAS ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE RESORT THE RESTURANT WAS IN. NEDD TO IMPROVE THAT!!Special Features:
- breathtakingbeccafoodieDined on 5/21/2013The restaurant was beautiful, and the ocean view just awesome. The food was creative, delicious and satisfying. The popcorn ice cream was so different, yet complimentary. Would definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful viewRachelVIPDined on 5/13/2013Not only is there an amazing beach view, but the food is excellent! Tried a wonderful vegetarian dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is the 6th time at thisHappyVIPDined on 4/28/2013This is the 6th time at this restaurant. It was definitely the best food that I have ever gotten there. I hope that this beautiful facility will be able to duplicate this outstanding meal.Special Features:
- I had 3 dinners here and everyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2013I had 3 dinners here and every one was spectacular! Food was superb. All the seafood was cooked perfectly. Service was great. Wine list is fantastic. I recommend it highly.Special Features:
- Malcolm's represents one ofOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/20/2013Malcolm's represents one of the finest restaurants in the Palm beaches and our meal was outstanding. A few things I might note. Malcolm's would do better to always serve their basket of excellent rolls. The small loaf of wheat bread we were served was disappointing. We also missed the unusual,interesting amuse Bouche. The only disappointing part of the meal was dessert. The pecan sundae could not compare to the quality and ingenuity of the rest of the meal. The dessert consisted of pecans swimming in a chocolate sauce and served with a less than premium ice cream. Work needs to be done on it. I would also lobby for the return of individual French press coffee device. To me this represents the fitting touch to a great meal.Special Features:
- Incredible food, service andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/7/2013Incredible food, service and atmosphere!Highly recomendSpecial Features:
- Fantastic view of the ocean,Lala1dinesVIPDined on 4/7/2013Fantastic view of the ocean, superb food and... we could not wish for anything better on my husband's Birthday!! Grilled octopus was great, local fish Cobia was delicious and my lion of lamb could not be any better! Surprisingly, the restaurant seemed to have only a few customers...( except for a wedding next door). We truly enjoyed everything! A definite "come back" for us.Special Features:
- We were very pleasantly surprisedBillVIPDined on 3/30/2013We were very pleasantly surprised at the quality and service. We're going back soon.Special Features:
- Fabulous, Elevated cuisine--TropicalTraveler78VIPDined on 3/20/2013Fabulous, Elevated cuisine-- great service. Would return!Special Features:
- dissatisfied guest :(OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2013I have eaten at Malcoms before but this time was very dissapointing.The wine pours were on the small side especially in the beginning.The food came out very quickly, so we couldn't enjoy.I asked the server to slow down the food and he said that as the restaurant was getting busy that wasn't a possibility.To me that means everyone else is more important.I never saw a menu when i signed up for this event, but when i spoke to the chef he said it was a set menu viewable when purchasing on line.I thought the chef would choose menu items or make up new items to serve us based on what was fresh etc. This was just a narrowed down menu and the choices weren't great. The chicken veloute wasn't great, we didn't like the scallops or the short ribs.
- Liked the crab cake a lot.OoonDined on 2/24/2013Liked the crab cake a lot. Lobster risotto was said to be great by the waiter and on line posts but there was no lobster in it , the flavor was bland,and the rice was slightly overcooked-possibly just an off night. Cobia was good. Diver scallops had flavor(many scallops do not). Nantucket bay scallops were raw but the menu did not state this and I have had much sweeter but they were ok. Poached lobster was good. Old school ceasar was pretty good. Burrata was flavorful but not as good as Butrata from Puglia. Room was cold physically and psychologically. Not stellar but one of the best choices in town, this is not NYC. Cafe Boulud was slightly better the night before and Taboo was also good.
- We decided on the tastingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2013We decided on the tasting menu with the wine pairing. The experience was Wonderful ! ! We have had many wine pairing and this is the best.The wine steward was spot on in his selection. It was a romantic time for us the food and wine were spectacular!!Special Features:
- We both had Rack of Lamb.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/17/2013We both had Rack of Lamb. Waiter did not ask how we wanted it prepared, so I suggested we wanted medium rare. My wife's lamb was overcooked which was pointed out to Maitre D. He offered to have the meal redone which we declined. My salad was missing avocado, which was shown on the menu. This was pointed out to the waiter, who said he would look into it, but never came back. My Expresso coffee was served in a cappuccino cup. Waiter's experience did not seem to be at the level, expected to see in a fine dining restaurant.
- Great food and atmposhereOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/14/2013The atmosphere was perfect for a romantic Valentine's Day. As foodies, my girlfriend and I had the perfect evening. We started downstairs having a cocktail in the sophisticated bar area and playing billiards.(No it's not a pool hall)Our table was waiting for us up stairs when we where ready to dine. By my request, they decanter-ed a bottle of wine I brought and was breathing at the table. We had the special 5 course menu, small tastings of delicate and delightful dishes. It's not for someone who likes to stuff themselves and roll out the place. I look forward to returning again soon and ordering from the regular menu to compare the presentations and sizes of the dish. Overall, 5 stars!Special Features:
- One of the best meals we'veMbaflyboyVIPDined on 2/2/2013One of the best meals we've ever had in PB county. The chef is creative and inventive. Spectacular wine list, above average ambiance for a hotel restaurant, good service. A must try for any foodie.Special Features:
- Definately top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/2/2013Food dishes were creative, portions a little on the small side for the price. Excellent service, very attentive and friendly staff and chef! Wonderful experience overall.Special Features:
- very disappointing. Not upOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/2/2013very disappointing. Not up to standards of Michelle Bernstein. Limited menu, food mediocre at bestSpecial Features:
- Food was excellent and ourOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/31/2013Food was excellent and our server was very attentive. We enjoyed our meal there and would dine here again if in the area.
- Poor food - terrible ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/11/2013We arrived Friday night at a restaurant that was almost empty.They made a big fuss over the chef's experience and ability. We decided to take the tasting menu. The only thing noteworthy was the lobster risotto. The fish was dry. The chef did not feel it was necessary to apologize.Never again.
- Almost perfectHappyPlaceVIPDined on 1/11/2013Almost great. Portions too small. Service not at the level of the food. But great food!!!Special Features:
- Our waiter was very helpfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/10/2013Our waiter was very helpful and friendly but seemed to be inexperienced.Special Features:
- Missing menú items, weak staff,BrooksDined on 1/6/2013Missing menú items, weak staff, and disappointing preparation will not bring me back. Sorry!Special Features:
- This was our first time dininghmg4132Dined on 1/4/2013This was our first time dining at Malcolm’s. The Bouillabaisse was outstanding. The rest of our meal was only fair. Beware that the kitchen is rigid and will not attempt to make any kind of substitution I found out that the shaved raw vegetable salad was premade and could not be ordered without beets or just have only the greens. We arrived on a Friday night for an 8 Pm reservation and the restaurant was barely half full. None of the empty tables were ever occupied. One of our guests wanted to order fish (none of the fish that night was local). When we were informed that the salmon selection had been sold out, she selected the halibut which is described on the menu with a curry sauce. The request was made with something other than cu
- We really enjoyed our mealchotchkieVIPDined on 1/4/2013We really enjoyed our meal at Malcolm's. We felt a bit rushed and my husband's chair was broken :( but other than that it was great!Special Features:
- go if you want creative andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/29/2012go if you want creative and excellent cooking well served. Setting is a large "room is too big and open" but everyting is done well with stykeSpecial Features:
- We very much enjoyed are diningherb627VIPDined on 12/28/2012We very much enjoyed are dining experience. Food and service were excellent. We plan to go back.Special Features:
- The only restaurant in PalmworldtravelerDined on 12/25/2012The only restaurant in Palm Beach where food is imaginative, well prepared, and creatively served. I am a fan.Special Features:
- This was a great experience.pft3VIPDined on 12/23/2012This was a great experience. Our special occasion was acknowledged with champaign. The presentation of the selections were works of art - too pretty to be disturbed by a fork. The poached lobster was mouth-watering delicious. The dessert - all coffee chocolate - was over-the-top. Exquisit food and service to match.Special Features:
- 5 Star EleganceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/30/2012We love dining at Malcoms when we are in Palm Beach. From the minute you walk into the Omphoy hotel you feel an energetic vibe. The hotel and restaurant have a contemporary feel and we love to sit at a table in front of the tall glass windows. The food always has an interesting twist, try the shrimp appetizer with frozen bits that explode in your mouth. The waiters are attentive and look to accomodate your wishes. This time upon leaving they handed us a goodie bag with mini coffee cake muffins and a bag of great smelling coffee beans for the next morning. I only wish the beans were ground since we didn't have a coffee grinder in the morning! A nice touch and the muffins were delicious enough to make you remember your dinner the night beforeSpecial Features:
- Great 30th Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012Had My Girlfriends 30th Birthday at Malcom's and it was phenominal! The service was over the top accomodating and they even worked around an electrical problem with the lights and provided a room full of candles which made the experience extremely memorable for my Girlfriend and her 20 friends. Chef Michael put together an unbelievable menu, that had more than anybody expected with beautiful presentations and the staff is obviously very well educated on all the items as they were able to answer any of the several qustions that came from our guests. Great Job Malcom's.....I know where Iwill be having my next birthday!!Special Features:
- a perfect eveningamydwVIPDined on 11/11/2012we had a wonderful evening at malcoms. we were celebrating a special birthday and 2 other occasions. the waitstaff (many of them) made every moment special! they acknowledged our celebrations with "treats", and fun interactions. the food was excellent; the staff honest with their spot on recommendations. they followed up after serving each course with perfect timing. they were not in our face but easily accessible. our request for lemons was remembered and our water glasses were never emptied. we most definitely will be back to dine at malcoms!Special Features:
- food superb in main diningWeeklyVIPDined on 10/24/2012food superb in main dining room service was ok but often had to find someone to assist view spectacularSpecial Features:
- Worst Meal Ever!tparrothedDined on 10/13/2012We quite possibly had the worst meal and wine EVER at Malcolm's. We travel extensively all over the world and decided on Malcolm's because we were staying at the Omphoy for our Anniversary weekend. My husband and I started with the Caesar Salad (tasteless). My husband then had the beef filet. He said it was one of the worst tasting cuts he had ever eaten and left most of it on his plate. I had the Ahi and it was fair at best. The basel fava bean mixture underneath it was tasteless and the presentation would have done better at Appleby's. We spent $400.00 on a Super Tuscan that was the worst Super Tuscan we have ever tasted. The view was nice. Service was fine. Maybe because of the "off season" they choose lesser food quality.Special Features:
- The tasting menu was awesome.HainesLandingVIPDined on 10/13/2012The tasting menu was awesome. The food choices were unique, the food presentation creative, and the taste was divine. The service was impeccable. A wonderful dining experience in every respect.Special Features:
- Overall solid restaurant withRoyalairforce25VIPDined on 10/7/2012Overall solid restaurant with plush interior and great view of ocean.food was very good though I did not think was as good as recent ratings on open table.desserts were truly outstanding as was the service.i would definitely return but disagree with review. Stating that this was best food in us or even Florida.overall was happy and would return and recommendSpecial Features: