Malcolm's at The Omphoy Ocean Resort and Spa
2842 S. Ocean Blvd
Palm Beach, FL 33480Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Malcolm's at The Omphoy Ocean Resort and Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.malcolmsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5615406444x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Friday and Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Dinner Sunday through Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mike Wurster
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Malcolm's at The Omphoy Ocean Resort and Spa
Malcolm's at The Omphoy Ocean Resort & Spa offers our guests sweeping views overlooking the Atlantic Ocean in a refined setting. Executive Chef Scott Helm's exquisite attention to detail is reflected in each dish. Chef Helm offers a sophisticated twist on traditional favorites and thoughtful sourcing. Our sommelier is available to guide you through our extensive wine selections for a personalized experience. The restaurant also features The Ami Ballroom for private events or wine tasting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Malcolm's at The Omphoy Ocean Resort and Spa - Best Restaurants in Palm Beach ›
Malcolm's at The Omphoy Ocean Resort and Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (20)romantic (16)special occasion (11)fit for foodies (9)notable wine list (6)great for outdoor dining (5)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Tasteless foodJenabellaDined on 8/17/2014The food served in this establisment is dissapointing and tasteless, and for the price that you pay, I would expect much more. I ordered the crab cake, which tasted like the crab meat from a can, no flavor, with greens. My friend ordered a chicken salad that looked and tasted like something store bought for $6, very basic and bland. The chicken looked undercooked, as some pieces were pink in the middle, and cold. Lastly, I ordered the bananas foster, which wasn't bad, but was not good either. The bread wasn't warm and moist, more like just plain cake with bananas. The glass of wine from Ken Wright Cellars was probably the most enjoyable thing on the table. We won't be back, sorry.Special Features:
- great dinner dateSALTYDined on 7/19/2014The food and service were excellent and ambience superb. It is easy to have a quiet conversation and the view overlooking the beach and ocean is very relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVELY DINING EXPERIENCElaurie7ntDined on 7/6/2014The service started off a little bit slow but improved very quickly the food and ambiance was above reproach - we had a great timeSpecial Features:
- Malcolm's has "Oomph"lov2eatVIPDined on 7/4/2014Lovely service, the most special birthday treat ,the chocolate marquis was worth the long ride........changing menu, but still concerned service and fabulous setting overlooking the ocean. SO looking forward to the "new" menu come September. Enjoyed the crab cake, chicken and farm grown tomato starter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was very slowOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/25/2014They are a resort and can always allocate additional help if need. We waited at least 20 mins for our server to come over. We had to ask for the busboy to get him. And he didn't even apologize. He acted like nothing wrong with it.
- Nice and romanticjayb082Dined on 6/19/2014Visited for our anniversary. Service was a little rough at first - waiters didn't attend to us for first 15 minutes. After that, everything was good - except entrees came out before appetizers. They fixed it and everything was well afterwards. Food was very good.Special Features:
- DocHVIPDined on 6/14/2014A terrific restaurant with great service and attention and a great view of the Atlantic Ocean. A must for people who like good food presented in a wonderful manner. Good food and an incredible view of the ocean... what could be better. Attention to my request for celebrating my wife's birthday was outstanding.Special Features:
- very nice timegregDined on 6/6/2014food and service was very good and it wasn't crowded which surprised me as i don't know if it is new or what i picked it as a thousand point restaurant everything was good.Special Features:
- Amazing ocean view, food & service!Table4TwoDined on 6/1/2014Hostess and waiters were very attentive Everyone was pleasant and welcoming Loved the beautiful blue ocean view Food arrived at a timely manner. GREAT GET AWAY ! Decent pricingSpecial Features:
- ocean viewscrispconneseurVIPDined on 5/31/2014This ppty prides itself on seclusion and quiet elegance. Id say it meets that expectation. The requested lemon for my fish was two small wedge slices from the bar whereas a true five star dining establishment would have brought a lemon half with a cloth cover to strain seeds and provide sanitary use. Food was excellent service was adequateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealCmgcmg9654Dined on 5/26/2014WHat made the meal especially good was the service and atmosphere.Special Features:
- ExeptionalFoodieDined on 5/8/2014Every course was a delight, from the crab and avocado starter, to the scallops and finally the pecan pie and ice cream dessert. Creative.Special Features:
- The following 418 reviews are from the Malcolm's at The Omphoy Ocean Resort and Spa reviews archive.
- Ocean View with Food tofoodieforeverDined on 4/26/2014Our first time at Malcolm's (not 1st time dining at the Omphoy) was made very special by the priceless ocean view, the stellar service, and most importantly the wonderful meal. We were a group of 4 and the maitre'd gave us an amazing table by the window (about 3 stories up facing the ocean) and when we asked about ordering sushi from the downstairs sushi bar, we had no problem getting it even though it's not on the regular menu. We all shared a large sushi plate as well as squash blossoms for an appetizer, and ordered scallops as well as the oriental chicken salad. the shared desserts were chocolate cake and key lime pie, that, along with the setting sun darkening the ocean, was a perfect way to end the night.Special Features:
- Disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2014Very disappointed with the overall experience. 1: The hostess asking if we were going to be paying with vouchers, that came off as a bit frank but that by itself wouldn't have bothered me. 2: After ordering our champagne it was not left table-side and instead stored out of view and the waitress wasn't very attentive which led to my flute sitting empty for over 10 minutes. 3: they took our dinner order and then 45 mintues later the discourteous hostess came over to inform me that the kitchen was closing and that we'd need to order some food soon --to which I responded that maybe she should go and check where our food is since we already ordered. 4: Asked for my steak medium rare and it was medium well. Manager and chef apologized though.
- ExcellentrbocaVIPDined on 4/4/2014beautiful ocean view and excellent service. Food generally very good, except lamb chop which was much too well done. Manager comped that item and staff attitude was terrific. will return.Special Features:
- For a special nightDonnyDined on 3/31/2014When you enter the restaurant you are greeted by a very lovely and friendly hostess (Marva) which sets the tone for your evening.The ambiance can't be beat and the food is very good. The service was excellent and our server, Kevin was knowledgeable, friendly and most of all very attentive. We have been to the restaurant on more than one occasion and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food!Jldz12Dined on 3/28/2014Malcolm's had the most incredibly appetizing food! I started with the crab & avocado appetizer- AMAZING! My fiancé had the lamb chop which was so juicy! My entree was the filet Mignon and his was the NY strip steak, again they were both very good! For dessert I had the chocolate tower (sundae) and he had the pecan pie which were both delicious! The food was great, the service was excellent, and the ambience was beautiful by the ocean and romantic with the blue uplighting! Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceGS71Dined on 3/23/2014After they finally realized we were there - 40 minutes after sitting down (when I had to ask the hostess!) But they redeemed themselves and made it a great overall experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday treat!FoodiesDined on 3/23/2014We've had a very enjoyable dinner. The scallops and snapper were excellent. The wine list is a bit complicated and to large. Those waiters have been trained. Tim was very friendly and efficient. The prices are a bit high, mostly the wine but we've had a very nice time. It was a great ending of my birthday. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is a bit pricey butAllyDined on 3/20/2014The food is a bit pricey but atleast it was good. I would not have liked to pay this price and not enjoy it. The staff at the main level bar, hostess and wait staff were very pleasant.Special Features:
- This was our second visitluvs2dineoutDined on 3/15/2014This was our second visit to the restaurant. As was the case last time, the overall experience was outstanding. Great food and great service from Sean. We are looking forward to our next there!!Special Features:
- Food was a little slow incoming,SteveDined on 3/9/2014Food was a little slow incoming, but it was delicious and we enjoyed the conversation. Table was great, overlooking the ocean, but they had difficulty turning the AC off .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and serviceCosmoVIPDined on 3/5/2014Wonderful food and service and lovely atmosphrpereSpecial Features:
- My husband and I loved thisluvs2dineoutDined on 3/1/2014My husband and I loved this restaurant! The food was excellent, we enjoyed everything from the appetizer through the dessert. The service provided by Sean was impeccable. The ambience was very good, but I would have preferred a little more light. We will be returning very soon.Special Features:
- Great for Special OccasionsRyanandJessDined on 2/27/2014This restaurant is a beautiful gem. The Omphoy hotel itself is absolutely gorgeous and Malcolm's carries that hip, sheek look right along with it. The atmosphere is relaxed but formal and the food is superb. The items on the menu are adventurous enough for foodies but not scary for everyone else. The waitstaff had overheard that it was my fiancé and I's anniversary and gave us our desserts for free. It wasn't expected but certainly appreciated. The over all experience was very pleasent, we will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible All-Around!roadfoodieDined on 2/22/2014I selected this restaurant because several people had said it had the best view --- NOT -- there is NO view unless they are talking about the room decor -- which was dark. Waiter was terrible, had to ask to order cocktails and he never came back for a second one -- we had to practically beg for one! Men ordered fish and said it was worst fish they'd had the whole trip! Highlight of the meal was the free-range chicken.....
- Trendy South Beach RestaurantBob7Dined on 2/22/2014You need to try this trendy "South Beach" Restaurant not in Miami, but in Palm Beach, Fl. The decor of the hotel and restaurant is very much "boutique" similar to an upscale South Beach hotel. However, the service and the food is distincly better. The waiter was very attentive, without being over bearing. He recommended the fish special which was Tile fish over soba noodles, with several greens in the dish....it was fantastic ! The wedge salad and the lamb chop appetizers were equally good. Highly recommend the key lime pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Not Quite As Good As Before...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/20/2014but still a cut above most of the rest in terms of composition and preparation of dishes. Server was an amateur in terms of beverage knowledge but was on time with service. Surroundings comfortable
- Could be so much More!CG75VIPDined on 2/16/2014Had a belated Valentine's night dinner here. Split a large expensive Caesar salad. It was fine. It used only white romaine, so we didn't know if that was supposed to be special or just not as appealing as dark or mixed greens. I had a generous portion of swordfish which was confusing, as it was served with curried cauliflower and a tomato salsa. The 2 didn't work on the same plate. My husband had shrimp pesto on risotto. It was good, but nothing out of the ordinary. Bread was not refilled, nor was the hot water for a $5 single cup of tea. The lighting is very unflattering with an ocean view blocked by darkened windows. It is definitely on the expensive side and there was not even a mint on the way out! Will not be returning.
- Lots of "oomph"@ Malcolmsof Oomphylov2eatVIPDined on 2/15/2014The name's a bit strange, it's as dark as Hernando's Hideaway, and almost as difficult to find, but well worth it. Our filet mignon was outstandingly delicious! The free range chicken was one of the best ever eaten. Lamb chops as an appetizer were a surprising treat, especially the garnish of taboulleh grains and yogurt. Sides are interesting and large enough to share. Service was attentive and caring. Very romantic spot, but great for groups too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We visited this restaurantElizabethDined on 2/14/2014We visited this restaurant on Valentine's day,this was our second time there the food was amazing compare to when Michelle own it. We met Malcolm and he was very nice. Great and tasty menu i had the salmon, let me tell you it was great. The scenery was beautiful nice place for an intimate dinner. My boyfriend believe this should be a five star restaurant. I will return for lunch so i can see the beautiful ocean view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/13/2014My friend and I had a lovely meal. My friend always struggles as she's a vegetarian, but she was pleasantly delighted with the choices on the menu. Our waiter was also most accommodating and managed to get me a glass of wine which wasn't on the menu! The food quality was outstanding!Special Features:
- Not Your Typical Hotel FareTomoVIPDined on 2/12/2014Malcom's gives a new "out of the box" meaning to "hotel food". While we usually avoid hotel restaurants for dinner, this place is not to be missed. We've eaten here twice now, first with another couple and most recently alone, and the food and service are outstanding. The crab and avocado salad was full of white chunk crab, and was delightful. The unique spin on the caprese salad (had a special name) was also fantastic, and our steaks were prepared perfectly. My wife loves the key lime pie and finished every bit of it, which is also very rare. Jesse, our waiter, although very busy this night, was attentive and provided great service. This place needs to be experienced to fully appreciate what words may fall short in describing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solace at the OmphoyDelphinie19Dined on 2/8/2014Delicious food, many selections on the wine menu. Service was mediocre & felt like out waiter was a newbie. He was very nice though. Host was friendly & attentive. The ambiance of the Omphoy was spectacular- serene, Pleasant & great for a date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/5/2014I had a business dinner and the restaurant lived up to its expectations. Service was excellent and food was also. The tuna tartare was well prepared and the scallops served on risotto were outstanding. Impressive wine list. I'd go back again anytime and I will, in fact.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemJimKVIPDined on 12/25/2013This restaurant opened in the space previously occupied by Michelle Bernstein's at the Omphoy Hotel. The room is stunning - dark browns with recessed lavender colored lights. The meal started out shakily, as it took nearly a half hour for the sommelier to announce he could not locate the wine we ordered. The staff recovered nicely though by offering us a much more expensive bottle at the same price. After that, everything was perfect. All appetizers and entrees were prepared to each guests' wishes and were delicious. The menu was extensive,offering something for any taste. We will definitely eat here again the next time we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas DinnerSobeDiningMavenDined on 12/24/2013Not great, not bad--we stay at the Omphoy hotel 3 times a year and usually bring our own dinner items as the hotel doesn't have the greatest options but the ambiance is what draws us back. This was our second try at Malcoms. I stick to a vegan diet and my partner is gluten/dairy free. On this occasion she had filet minion and I, lacking any real options minus the salad, opted simply for an order of home fries. Her dish was "tasteless" and the menu didn't specify the sides on her ordered steak but it arrived with cheese covered fennel and some other cream based slop. Service was very attentive mad problem fixed immediately and happily. The fries were lackluster.
- In TransitionSerialfoodieDined on 11/13/2013New chef, very limited menu of average quality, poor management, exorbitant wine list not matched by the food - nothing notable in the $50 to $100 /bottle range. Why would anyone spend $2000 for a bottle of rare Bordeaux while eating neighborhood joint level food? Does not "walk the walk". If you liked Michelle Bernstein's, you're not going to like this. Wait for things to settle.
- The Restaurant was very attractive.StewVIPDined on 11/13/2013The Restaurant was very attractive. The food and service was very good. Problem with the chairs. They were old, and my friend cut her hand on hers. Not a good thing.Special Features:
- The 'Art' Partink6Dined on 11/8/2013I think the reason to go to Malcolm's is for the ambiance--it's a very chic space with its illuminated blue columns and modern lines. The food was very good but not quite exceptional. The service started off impeccably but declined somewhat by the end of the meal when we were left waiting for more coffee (which we never got) and the check. To the waiter's credit, he comped our drinks (the supporting staff took very good care of us the entire time) and so we did not leave unhappy. But really, I had expected more 'art' from the food, given the name.I would recommend this to a friend.