Majorca Bistro & Tapas
207 A Gray Street
Houston, TX 77002Neighborhood:
Midtown / Montrose
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Majorca Bistro & Tapas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.majorcabistroandtapas.com/
- Phone: 8325827176
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm -12:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 3:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Hicham Nafaa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Majorca Bistro & Tapas
Majorca Bistro & Tapas is a Spanish restaurant in Houston that offers small plates.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Majorca Bistro & Tapas reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (8)romantic (8)great for outdoor dining (8)good for groups (5)special occasion (5)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Not worth your timeMichaelGDined on 8/15/2014After seeing a listing with Majorca as the number one tapas restaurant in Houston, We decided to give it a try Friday night 8/15/14 Server was attentive. Menu looked good. First two wines we ordered on the wine list they were out of. Server brought a bottle over he said the manager had recommened. It was fine. All the food seemed to have an aoli all over it. The Tiger prawn scampi were actually small gulf shrimp. And one of the desserts we ordered they were out of. The ones we had were bland and had a bit of a freezer scent/taste to them. The worst thing was that even with a manager knowing about the wine, a manager never stopped by. We had high hopes and it could be good, but not as of now it's not.
- BAD FIRST TIME EXPERIENCEnotatallpleasedDined on 8/15/2014I could not choose a catagory on #2, none fit! The waiter was VERY uninterested in good service. He took 20 min. after we were seated to come get our drink order, then another 20 to bring the drinks back, the entire dining experience went about like this. We were one of two tables seated when we arrived and were seated in the booth next to the other party, who we did not know. He didn't explain the coupon to us until we asked, his service mirrored his interest in us as customers because we had a coupon? He was very nice, just a little too relaxed in his job. The food was not a quality or quantity for the $85 it said it was worth on the coupon. In fact, it came to $63 and wasn't worth that at all. We would not go back there.Special Features:
- AwfulLuv2dineDined on 7/26/2014The restaurant itself does not give a Spanish vibe at all. Their tapas list was very limited compared to other tapas restaurants. The service was poor considering that the restaurant was almost half empty. It took our waitress 30 minutes just to bring our drinks and that's after we reminded her twice . The food was blah . Will not be going there again.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014The tapas at Majorca were very good and very reasonably priced. The sangria is pretty good, but is far too expensive for the quality.Special Features:
- Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014We went there during Happy Hour and were not even offered the happy hour menu. The table next to us 30 minutes later was offered the happy hour menu. We were charged full price for items we ordered off the regular menu that were on the happy hour menu. Also our waiter was like no where to be found we had to have other associates go find him.Special Features:
- DaveVIPDined on 7/19/2014Very poor service but good food.The staff seemed very disorganized but were plesant when you could find your the staff.Special Features:
- Good on repeat visit.billynVIPDined on 6/26/2014This was my second visit to the restaurant They have and excellent choice of tapas and all were good. I would recommend it.Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialHTownFoodNerdVIPDined on 6/25/2014Majorca Bistro & Tapas was nothing special. We tried several tapas plates only the Eggplant Salad was somewhat interesting. The Moroccan Meatballs were bland and they were out of the Aceitunas Espanolas. There was hardly anyone there so I'm not sure how they sold out. The music that was playing was obnoxious techno music and way too loud. It was definitely out of place for a restaurant that was nearly empty. I do not plan to visit Majorca again.
- AMAZING!!!n2datrahanDined on 6/23/2014The food was absolutely amazing!!! Our server was courteous and he made sure that our glasses were never empty and he recommended the best entrées!! For a wonderful evening filled with great music, amazing food, and great ambiance - this is the place for you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PabloDined on 6/21/2014The food is really good for the price we paid. Most of the service was fine but the noise inside the location was high. We could not speak with friends due to the noise inside. Once we got a table outside, it was really nice... We recommend it for brunch and night dining with friends.Special Features:
- Very lively and tastySteepleDined on 6/21/2014Great dishes include the Paella, the kabobs and the sautéed mushroomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good StuffGVLNDined on 6/5/2014The food was great. Portion size was good. We went on a groupon. Esther, our waitress, was great! Very patient. Good stuff.Special Features:
- Dinnerluv2eatDined on 6/5/2014I wanted to try a new restaurant so I decided to try this place out. The staff there was very friendly right when I got there and throughout the evening service didn't disappoint either. Food was amazing also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best!RobbyVIPDined on 5/30/2014Hands down the best and most unique tapas restaurant in town. And our server Esther was not only attentive, but knew how to pace the courses so that not all the dishes landed on the table at the same time?Special Features:
- I really tried... 3x NowBobbyGDined on 5/9/2014Because of the location and the fact that I love tapas, I've really tried to like Majorca. I've dined there 3x in 4 months and it's always the same experience. They ALWAYS seem to be out of something. It never fails, they just run out of stuff all the time. Not to be mean, but their staff is also not the brightest team. They don't know drinks, the menu nor how to handle the hookah well. They are also easily confused. They need some heavy duty training. Again, I'm not making this judgement based on a single visit. This is a pattern. Finally, it really isn't the cleanest place around. It's not filthy but I always get the feeling that some TLC and a deep clean would go a long way.
- The following 125 reviews are from the Majorca Bistro & Tapas reviews archive.
- good meals, bad service.scottkiernan77Dined on 4/25/2014Took some very close friends here. Extremely slow and consistently bad service. Who waits 40 mins for empanadas?? Noise level was so loud, even the waiter couldn't understand our order, not only the first time around, but the second!! As fair as the waiter, he was completely useless and inept! Fix your wait staff and food delivery! Overall bad experience! Recommendation...don't go!
- bebacksoonDined on 4/22/2014The manager and the server are very accommodating and welcoming. Our food was very good, tasty, and generous. Our children and grandchildren came from Boston to visit and came with us. They were very impressed with the location of the bistro, the food, and the service. We travel a lot and used to European style of dining and Majorca is comparable with the Spanish Tapas we have been to, in fact I like Majorca better. I definitely recommend Majorca to our friends, in fact I told our neighbors about it and they are planning to go there with their grown children soon. Of course we are also coming back, we have not tried everything yet! I also like the sangria, very refreshing.Special Features:
- Great place!ArielleDined on 4/13/2014I love Mayorca's Sunday Brunch buffet. This a very fun place for groups and I have been coming here for a long time. This last time my husband and I invited a couple that had never been to Majorca's Sunday brunch, and they loved it. The food was great as always, the bottomless sangrias are a nice feature of the buffet, and the live latin music is definitely an good reason to visit the restaurant on Sundays. In summary, great food and drinks, awesome music and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Step it up!Food4MeDined on 4/11/2014My first experience was really enjoyable, the food was amazing and prompt along with the service. This time around, I invited four of my good friends and was embarrassed by the end of the night. The food was still amazing, but we had to wait almost 2 hours before we received our food. Our waitress almost never checked in on us and seemed very apathetic to our complaints. I ordered a bottle of their wine and wasn't notified that they were out of the bottle for 30 minutes, then I ordered another one that they were out of.To add to the embarrassment, my friends ordered the Salmon dish which of course they were out of and they didn't have any limes. Step it up Majorca!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2014Great service and food, and such a fun place to sit outside and people watch and enjoy the atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and entertainmentHoustonFoodLoverDined on 3/22/2014We were a bit hesitant to try Majorica after a dismal experience at an Uptown tapas bar but were very pleasantly surprised and at the quantity, selection and flavors of the tapas. Really nice server, really good food and we thoroughly enjoyed the flamenco dancer and extremely talented musicians. Ole!Special Features:
- The service with speedy wasn'tTr3LADined on 3/8/2014The service with speedy wasn't but was not very competent.Special Features:
- food qualityrcaz35VIPDined on 2/22/2014I had the paella. It was fair. Needed more flavor.Special Features:
- Good food, poor servicemrmikeDined on 2/21/2014I would NOT recommend Majorca and will NOT return. 1. Pay to park 2. Mediocre atmosphere 3. Happy hour is nothing special or of value 4. Good food 5. Very poor service As I witnessed, if you are a 'special' customer, and a cook waits on you, your food comes out in the correct order and in a timely fashion and professionally displayed. I will not return.
- Great place for brunch. OurMiXelaLunaDined on 2/16/2014Great place for brunch. Our waiter sucked but the bartender and hostess made up for his bad service. Definitely doing brunch and bottomless mimosas there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful experiencePoBoyDined on 2/15/2014Went on a Sat at 7 pm and just a few tables were full. We were seated and waited for 10 minutes and then I had to go find a waitress to take our order. She was new (2nd day) and untrained and unsupervised. The other waitresses were just hanging around the hostess stand. We ordered some wine. She was gone for another 5 minutes. Waitress came back and was clueless on how to open a bottle of wine. She stood with her back to me and my wife to hide the fact that she broke the cork in half. Someone finally came over to help her. We got up and left. 20 minutes of sitting there and all we had was a glass of water.
- Valentine Date HomerunMadisonDined on 2/14/2014it was our first time to this restaurant, and we sure picked a great night to try them out. they had a special Valentine's Day chef's menu that was incredible with lamb chops and ahi tuna and steak. there was fire outside and the deck was beautifully lite. inside, was a live band and flamenco dancer for entertainment. the regular menu had a couple of items we had read about and the talk was true. the albondigas and shrimp cocktail were both quite notable and delicious. the cocktail list is also worth a note. fun, colorful and delicious. we will definitely be back. parking was an issue, but they had valet service that Friday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good looking restaurant but that'sDmitriyDined on 2/14/2014Ambiance and flamenco show were good however the food leaves much to be desired. If you are looking for authentic tapas go to Ibiza instead.Special Features:
- Repeat CustomerSeriousDined on 2/13/2014This was my fourth visit to this restaurant and it was the most average of all my previous experiences. The service was hit and miss with a bad case of a disappearing waitress. Overall, the food quality was good but the lamb was served lukewarm and the shrimp skewer was charred. The meal was OK but nothing special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchBrunchmeisterDined on 2/9/2014Enjoyed the Brunch buffet and fiesta band on a lazy Sunday afternoon. It was just warm enough to enjoy an outdoor table, which was good because although the band was enjoyable, it would have been a bit loud for Sunday Brunch if we had sat inside. Food was good, some dishes a bit cold but that can happen on a buffet. Overall good experience, and would go again...Special Features:
- FantasticrondamknDined on 2/9/2014The food was excellent. The prices were acceptable. The service was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday evening outMichaelBVIPDined on 1/17/2014Food was good. Definitely try the escargot and oxtail empanadas. Don't get the Lobster with rice -- it's very salty. Also, I had som hooka afterwards. There was a band playing that night so that was cool. The service is extremely slow, not attentive either. Don't get the tres leches -- it was frozen when they brought it to me. Overall, average. I would not go back, but don't regret going there. My preference would be Mi Luna for tapas.
- Another great meal at Majorca!Doc199Dined on 12/20/2013This was my second time dining at Majorca. The food was as excellent as it was the first time. The Ahi Tuna tapas is divine! I'll be back for sure.Special Features:
- I'll be back...!Doc199Dined on 12/7/2013This was my first time at Majorca Bistro & Tapas and the food was truly outstanding. Having eaten at other Tapas bars that usually serve small portions, I was nicely surprised at the generous size of each dish. The three that I thought were truly outstanding were the Ahi Tuna, the Lamb Skewer with Saffron Rice, and the Avocado Roll. The service was friendly and prompt. I'll be back for sure!Special Features:
- Music issuesChrisDined on 11/30/2013We loved the food, atmosphere, and service… all great. I didn't care for the particular group that was playing that night. I have heard that other groups also play there though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas are not authentic toOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/16/2013Tapas are not authentic to Spanish tapas and frankly not very good. Tortilla espanola was served cold. The first tapas plate took 30+minutes to show up after ordered. The server did make a strong effort but he is only a catalyst and when food quality and speed of service are so off it did not matter.
- Interesting vibeInterestingDined on 11/12/2013A mixed bag. The food was outstanding and fun. Very well balanced flavor in each dish. The room itself lacks finish. Service is well intentioned but lacks a hint of professionlism. Parking early is no problem as this was a pre play stop for us. Good but not great value. Might return but so many other Midtown choices to try first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another enjoyable eveningislandofmindDined on 10/19/2013Saturday night was our third visit to Majorca in the last couple of months, and we were most satisfied. The tapas are delicious and varied. The atmosphere is lively and unpretentious. Service, prompt and courteous. We tried the hookah for the first time and had a ball with it. My girlfriend and I really enjoy this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodrh1025Dined on 9/21/2013We arrived early and had a couple of drinks at the bar. Service was great. For dinner, We had 8 different tapas and everything was delicious. Service was very friendly and great. We tried the Hooka for the first time and now we are hooked. We ate outside and it was very entertaining to people watch on Gray St.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday nightsShadesDined on 9/13/2013The live Spanish music and dancing was great! The variety in food was unique and good. Nice place to go with a group of friends and hang out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.