258 Bridge Street
Phoenixville, PA 19460Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.majolicarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (610) 917-0962
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 1:30pm;
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Deery
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Weekend Brunch
A word from Majolica
Majolica - owned and operated by Chef Andrew Deery - is an award winning BYOB located in Phoenixville, PA featuring American Cuisine utilizing French influenced techniques. Seasonal ingredients combined with local sourcing and a menu structure that promotes table sharing allows for "affordable fine dining" in a relaxed and cozy atmosphere. Choose a multi-course tasting option - anytime - and let the kitchen show off for the table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Majolica - Best Restaurants in Phoenixville ›
Majolica reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (79)neighborhood gem (57)special occasion (55)romantic (43)good for groups (14)hot spot (9)great for outdoor dining (3)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Always good!goodeatsDined on 11/23/2014Eating at Majolica is always good. Andrew is a great chef and always has something a little different on the menu. You will never go wrong eating at Majolica.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always worth the anticipationpassion4fdVIPDined on 11/20/2014Brought friends and suggested we do a tasting for a more broad experience of the kitchens talent. It was worth the anticipation with each course outdoing the last. Many "oohs and aahs" and silence as every bite was consumed. Surprises each time - this time it was the scallop and spaghetti squash with brown butter/balsalmic and the chicken with morrocan spices and carrots. The octopus is a perennial favorite. The desserts too were outstanding, especially my favorite, the chocolate soufflé. It is the flavor combinations, the creativity and the beautiful presentation that keeps me coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014This is an exceptionally good, reasonably priced French style restaurant. Unique food and taste combinations with attentive service even with minor pleasant surprises. The setting is quite casual and the open kitchen arrangement reminds us on some authentic restaurants in Paris and Lyon. I'll want to try other dishes (we had chicken liver, fish, seafood, fried chicken, and ice cream)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedkingroy1Dined on 11/8/2014We selected this restaurant because of the great reviews it got. The food was mediocre at best, the waiter, although very attentive was not very pleasant. The room was very comfortable however we had to change chairs as the legs were wobbly. Not my best dining experience
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014We had a great experience. The server was knowledgeable of the food preparation. The food was tasty from the appetizers through dessert. The main course came out piping hot, which is always a good sign in our book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a WinnerSarahDined on 10/25/2014Dinner at Majolica on Saturday evening to celebrate a dear friend's birthday was fabulous. The food from start to finish was as one friend put it…. "to die for," service was fantastic, warm and friendly and the setting wonderful. Majolica is my favorite go to restaurant for awesome cuisine. Thank you again Majolica for an wonderful evening! Cheers!Special Features:
- ExquisiteSweetCherryPie1Dined on 10/25/2014Chef Andrew Deery's talent for transforming simple, wholesome ingredients into culinary artwork is unsurpassed, and I recommend everything I had during a recent visit. The raw squash ribbon dish was delightfully textured, with savory shaved parmesan and crunchy pecans. The cauliflower soup celebrated the vegetable, yet did so without excessive salt. The perfectly sized grilled cheese-and-salmon sandwich featured a deliciously smoky version of the fish. The salmon with grapefruit, orange and green olives marked perfect balance, with the fresh, tangy citrus as the perfect foil for the dish's hearty base. An elegant cheese board with real honeycomb and melon sorbet with cinnamon oil and fried prosciutto were masterful complements.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not exceptionalHunsib42Dined on 10/24/2014This is my husband's and my third time to Majolica and the first time I am not giving 5/5 stars across the board. Service was mediocre as compared to previous visits based upon limited customer interaction, empty water glasses for extended periods (throughout the entire middle portion of the meal), and overall lack of attentiveness. The food was all very good, but I have given 4/5 stars because I ordered a delicious seafood stew-type dish with a wonderful broth, but it is served without a spoon or any type of bread to enjoy said broth. I did ask for both and was granted a slice of the bread given to the table pre-meal. I will go back with the hopes that I will once again be able to deliver 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceRichVIPDined on 10/24/2014There is a reason we keep going back to Majolica. The food is delicious and creative, the service is always great and the place has a nice charm about it. All in all a terrific restaurant.Special Features:
- SadieVIPDined on 10/24/2014Everything we ordered was delicious: bay scallop risotto, salmon and duck confit.
- Best Boro BYOBOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Majolica continues to be an excellent choice for interesting and creative dining in Phoenixville. The food is always delicious. We had the lamb tartare, grilled octopus, short ribs and salmon. The food looked and tasted great as well as pairing well the wines we brought. We can't wait for our next visit in a few weeks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Foodhenry6512Dined on 10/24/2014There is nothing simple about the simply delicious food. It was a very high quality, tasty flavors and expertly prepared. The duck confit and scallop risotto were real high points. They recommend four courses. I thought the portions were too big for four courses and would have been happier with smaller portions or fewer courses. The chocolate soufflé did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Phoenixville "Phind"BuntzVIPDined on 10/23/2014This was our second visit to Majolica in Phoenixville, quite a ride for us, but worth it for good food. The setting is very casual and relaxed. The food was excellent from the amuse bouche of a small, tasty and not-at-all-salty anchovy right on through the entrees. Our appetizers were a beautifully-presented roasted beet with blackberry salad and wonderful grilled octopus. Our entrees were moulard duck and salmon, both tasty and nicely-presented. We skipped dessert. Our only quibble was the extensive time between courses. From start to finish was two hours, without dessert on a Thursday evening. The two servers were friendly and helpful, but a third person was needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!LarryRVIPDined on 10/22/2014This is one of our all time favorite restaurants and that it's a BYOB is another plus. Everything on the menu is excellent and I must say Andres serves THE best Oysters that you will ever have. I just can't say enough about this place. Go to Facebook and check their page as after this dinner I posted photos of each course that we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for meParkDined on 10/18/2014The food was pretty good, but I didn't think the price justified it. Portions small and mediocre. For me, this was an all show no go restaurant. The Black Lab just down the street is much better. Better than both is Henry's from Pottstown.
- Very nice experienceWayneoDined on 10/15/2014I chose Majolica for the Chef's tasting menu. I was not disappointed. The chef out together several options that were very good. The salmon was outstanding, perfectly cooked and seasoned lightly. Being a tasting menu, we went with some choices I wouldn't normally pick for a full meal. Roasted pork belly was excellent. I felt guilty eating it so the small portion was perfect. Also of note were the desserts. Cucumber sorbet was excellent, chi tea ice cream was delicious and the Nutella crepes were unbelievably good. Didn't think you could do that with something from a can. All in all, it was a great experience. Our server was prompt, pleasant and knowledgable. Because it was a tasting menu, plan for a couple hours. It is not a rush affair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Dining at MajolicasavoryDined on 10/15/2014I'm always delighted with the kitchen at Majolica. Andrew Deery is an artist with a passion for flavor. He scours the local farms to bring the best ingredients home to his restaurant. In the 9 years I've been eating there I have never been displeased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Deery another treat this week!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2014Another treat at Chef Deery's Majolica - squash ribbons with sharp provolone, aged balsamic and pecans was not only delicious but also a treat for the eye. The fresh salmon was so good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/12/2014We have previously had wonderful food and service here, however this dining experience was not noteworthy except to move it to the end of our list of go to restaurants. Corn and lobster soup was excellent. Pork Cassoulet, nothing more than "pork and beans"..what looked to be a bowl of hot dog style sliced pork, and white beans. Not appetizing, and not worth the 23 dollar price tag. Salmon was undercooked ( despite the request upon ordering that the chef thoroughly cook this fish). It was sent back to the kitchen twice. Our server was difficult in as much as insisting that it was cooked, despite my requests to have it sent back for further cooking and took it from me almost rudely, reluctantly. Very expensive and probably will not return.
- EXTRAORDINARYfoodwowDined on 10/11/2014I am not a food snob but a food lover. I have had the pleasure of dining at the restaurants like Vetri, and food of chefs like Rick Bayless, Bobby Flay and many others -- this ranks up there with the best of food and wine chefs. The service was great and atmosphere relaxing and romantic. I had the lamb tartar - so superb. Both my husband I thought it was one of the best places we have ever ate. We each had different courses and had nothing but praise. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RemarkableCulinarydelightDined on 10/8/2014Majolica is one of our favorite restaurants. The food is fresh, prepared with such care and presented beautifully. It is always a pleasure to dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible experienceEricVonHaDined on 9/26/2014The chef, Andrew, is a true food artist. We made reservations for a Saturday night out and were amazed. The presentations and tastes of the various dishes was nothing short of spectacular. We did not know that Majolica had an award winning chef. But, it was readily apparent through the meal. We looked it up online and and found that Andrew has been a multi-year participant in the Chester County restaurant week chef contests. He has won this coveted award in the past. Phenomenal food and creativity beyond what anyone would expect in Phoenixville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dinnerTonyDined on 9/26/2014I always enjoy the creativity and presentation of the food. Quality and taste is wonderful! Their short ribs in caramelized onions , beet salad are both off the chart wonderful.! Friendly service and quaint atmosphere. They only take so many reservations for tables at one time; which has always ment my dinners were cooked perfectly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet delight!RatherBeMountainBikingVIPDined on 9/26/2014Food was outstanding. Chef was involved in making our dinner enjoyableSpecial Features:
- Simply deliciousfoodisneeded25Dined on 9/19/2014Everything served may look small, but you seriously will be full by time you are done. Go with all of the courses as the chef recommends (your pick), for they are all worth it. Some honorable mentions: chefs cheese selection is fantastic, the mackerel is quite large and sublime, the short ribs are very tender and flavorful, seafood stew was beautiful--oysters, clams and a whole craw fish, chocolate souffle was heaven as were the doughnuts with the coffee flavored cream . The chef sent out a complimentary tasting of tuna atop a hand-cut small chip, and cantaloupe sorbet to cleanse the pallet. Our waiter was very informative, friendly, and attentive as also the rest of the staff. Lovely dining experience!Special Features:
- Fabulous MealItalianFoodieVIPDined on 9/19/2014I loved the 4 choice menu. I ordered 2 from column 1, one from section three, and a dessert. The oysters were excellent, the bibb lettuce salad with white anchovies was delicious, and the short ribs were great. Service was impeccable. My husband enjoyed the ratatouille, oysters, and Basque Seafood stew. we will go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014Our favorite restaurant in the area. Consistently excellent service and amazing food. BYOB also makes it a guilt free dining experience when the check arrives. The chef offers more than the standard fare and opportunities to try new things. We have never been anything by wowed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good4meDined on 9/12/2014Wide variety of smaller plates. Not exactly tapas style, but diners can get ample tastings of fresh and inventive selections, which incorporate unusual pairings, such as beet root and blackberries in a lively salad.Special Features:
- Local Favoritepassion4fdVIPDined on 9/11/2014Recently we were in the city at one of the latest newly touted new restaurants, which was very good but required an hour plus drive to the city and parking nightmare. I wanted a similar meal again and soon- so we came back to a local favorite, Majolica. And it did not disappoint- From the fresh tomato tartar bursting with flavor to the truffle salad and arctic char. It is the combination of flavors, fresh ingredients and beautiful presentation that draws us back again and again and again....Special Features:
- Tries too hard to be inventiveJazzmanDined on 9/7/2014This was our first time at Majolica. Went without much information on the menu or the chef. In short, we found no shortage of imagination for very unique combinations of food but very few that actually worked to create a unique tasting experience. Given the four course approach, I would analogize this to a tapas experience that failed to deliver. We will not be back, although I did note other repeat customers in the restaurant, and it has been there ten years, so someone must like it. PS, if you get the Portuguese sardine, note that it is not deboned.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Majolica never disappointed me. Just wonderful fresh and well prepared food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great visitRobertODined on 9/5/2014Andrew & Majolica never fail to disappoint. Great food, great service. The chef's tasting menu is always a great choice. Though beware, if you're not that hungry, even the smaller six course version can fill you up, as he often tosses in an extra course or two. Worth it!Special Features:
- Still GreatFlavorPopDined on 8/30/2014Our second visit and again we were "wowed" by farm-table-fresh ingredients, interesting blends of flavors, and preparations that were unique and in each case, flawlessly prepared. This time, service was more polished than one year ago, when things were a little loose and less formal. This time as well, I was a little more disturbed by the limited portion size, and I definitely went away hungry (I am 185 lbs male). But the small portions are worth the exchange for having some of the best prepared food I have had from here to living in NYC. The duck breast, the arctic char, the seared tuna, the corn soup with lobster were each very memorable, and notably, seemed prepared with very little butter, cream or other ingredients. =healthySpecial Features:
- As always, Excellentbrassman2000Dined on 8/29/2014Treated our 14 and 11 year old daughters - We loved it! A four course menu selection - our choices below and all was delicious. Appreciate how Chef Deery integrates local goods into his menu. Thanks Chef Deery to take time to chat with our girls. Course 1: Renninger's Farm Egg. Ratatouille. Basil. Pappardelle Pasta. Yellowfin Tuna. Lemon Oil. Marjoram White Corn Soup. Maine Lobster. Vanilla. Course 2: Roasted Beets. Blackberries. Devonshire Cream. Balsamic. Course 3: Short Rib. Caramelized Onion. Greyere Cheese. Crouton. Soft Shell Crab. Gazpacho. Zucchini Ribbon. Basil. Arctic Char. Grapefruit. Endive. Oil-Cured Black Olive. Course 4: Coffee-Cardamom Pots de Crème. Spiced Doughnuts. Chocolate Souffle. Earl Grey Crème Anglaise.Special Features:
- Awesome once againCarolVIPDined on 8/29/2014As always, totally fresh, delicious and creative. Andrew never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Want interesting food and flavor?DoctorZDined on 8/28/2014Chef Andrew Deery has got to be among the most creative and interesting chefs in the area. Try the tasting menus and put yourself in his hands and you'll have a delightful series of flavors and textures. He has a deft hand with seafood, and a very creative and bright way of presenting some european bistro classics. The serving staff is polished, professional, and not intrusive at all. None of those dreadful attempts to become your best friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2014Food was creative and wonderful. Glad to find a nice BYOW in Phoenixville. It was a Birthday celebration!Special Features:
- Good stuff, will visit again!CTothDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I had a wonderful dinner at Majolica - food was great and well priced. We are open to trying different foods and enjoy the f2t concept. For picky/less adventurous eaters this is probably not the place, for us it was perfect. Look forward to trying again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't go backOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014very pretentious, food ok, nothing to write home about, service clumsy. reaching across table to serve, slow to remove dirty dishes. Not nearly as good as they seem to think they are. One bright spot...Chocolate soufflé is wonderful!Special Features:
- The following 587 reviews are from the Majolica reviews archive.
- DelightfulFiftiesChildDined on 7/27/2014Chef Deery's 6 course chef tasting is always a wonderful dining experience. The spinach Gnocchi and Lamb Sirloin courses were especially delicious. His unique, yet delicate seasonings keep us coming back.Special Features: