258 Bridge Street
Phoenixville, PA 19460Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.majolicarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6109170962x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 1:30pm;
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Deery
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Weekend Brunch
A word from Majolica
Majolica - owned and operated by Chef Andrew Deery - is an award winning BYOB located in Phoenixville, PA featuring American Cuisine utilizing French influenced techniques. Seasonal ingredients combined with local sourcing and a menu structure that promotes table sharing allows for "affordable fine dining" in a relaxed and cozy atmosphere. Choose a multi-course tasting option - anytime - and let the kitchen show off for the table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Majolica - Best Restaurants in Phoenixville ›
Majolica reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (76)neighborhood gem (58)special occasion (56)romantic (43)good for groups (15)hot spot (10)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Not for meParkDined on 10/18/2014The food was pretty good, but I didn't think the price justified it. Portions small and mediocre. For me, this was an all show no go restaurant. The Black Lab just down the street is much better. Better than both is Henry's from Pottstown.
- Very nice experienceWayneoDined on 10/15/2014I chose Majolica for the Chef's tasting menu. I was not disappointed. The chef out together several options that were very good. The salmon was outstanding, perfectly cooked and seasoned lightly. Being a tasting menu, we went with some choices I wouldn't normally pick for a full meal. Roasted pork belly was excellent. I felt guilty eating it so the small portion was perfect. Also of note were the desserts. Cucumber sorbet was excellent, chi tea ice cream was delicious and the Nutella crepes were unbelievably good. Didn't think you could do that with something from a can. All in all, it was a great experience. Our server was prompt, pleasant and knowledgable. Because it was a tasting menu, plan for a couple hours. It is not a rush affair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Dining at MajolicasavoryDined on 10/15/2014I'm always delighted with the kitchen at Majolica. Andrew Deery is an artist with a passion for flavor. He scours the local farms to bring the best ingredients home to his restaurant. In the 9 years I've been eating there I have never been displeased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Deery another treat this week!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2014Another treat at Chef Deery's Majolica - squash ribbons with sharp provolone, aged balsamic and pecans was not only delicious but also a treat for the eye. The fresh salmon was so good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/12/2014We have previously had wonderful food and service here, however this dining experience was not noteworthy except to move it to the end of our list of go to restaurants. Corn and lobster soup was excellent. Pork Cassoulet, nothing more than "pork and beans"..what looked to be a bowl of hot dog style sliced pork, and white beans. Not appetizing, and not worth the 23 dollar price tag. Salmon was undercooked ( despite the request upon ordering that the chef thoroughly cook this fish). It was sent back to the kitchen twice. Our server was difficult in as much as insisting that it was cooked, despite my requests to have it sent back for further cooking and took it from me almost rudely, reluctantly. Very expensive and probably will not return.
- EXTRAORDINARYfoodwowDined on 10/11/2014I am not a food snob but a food lover. I have had the pleasure of dining at the restaurants like Vetri, and food of chefs like Rick Bayless, Bobby Flay and many others -- this ranks up there with the best of food and wine chefs. The service was great and atmosphere relaxing and romantic. I had the lamb tartar - so superb. Both my husband I thought it was one of the best places we have ever ate. We each had different courses and had nothing but praise. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RemarkableCulinarydelightDined on 10/8/2014Majolica is one of our favorite restaurants. The food is fresh, prepared with such care and presented beautifully. It is always a pleasure to dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible experienceEricVonHaDined on 9/26/2014The chef, Andrew, is a true food artist. We made reservations for a Saturday night out and were amazed. The presentations and tastes of the various dishes was nothing short of spectacular. We did not know that Majolica had an award winning chef. But, it was readily apparent through the meal. We looked it up online and and found that Andrew has been a multi-year participant in the Chester County restaurant week chef contests. He has won this coveted award in the past. Phenomenal food and creativity beyond what anyone would expect in Phoenixville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dinnerTonyDined on 9/26/2014I always enjoy the creativity and presentation of the food. Quality and taste is wonderful! Their short ribs in caramelized onions , beet salad are both off the chart wonderful.! Friendly service and quaint atmosphere. They only take so many reservations for tables at one time; which has always ment my dinners were cooked perfectly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet delight!RatherBeMountainBikingVIPDined on 9/26/2014Food was outstanding. Chef was involved in making our dinner enjoyableSpecial Features:
- Simply deliciousfoodisneeded25Dined on 9/19/2014Everything served may look small, but you seriously will be full by time you are done. Go with all of the courses as the chef recommends (your pick), for they are all worth it. Some honorable mentions: chefs cheese selection is fantastic, the mackerel is quite large and sublime, the short ribs are very tender and flavorful, seafood stew was beautiful--oysters, clams and a whole craw fish, chocolate souffle was heaven as were the doughnuts with the coffee flavored cream . The chef sent out a complimentary tasting of tuna atop a hand-cut small chip, and cantaloupe sorbet to cleanse the pallet. Our waiter was very informative, friendly, and attentive as also the rest of the staff. Lovely dining experience!Special Features:
- Fabulous MealItalianFoodieVIPDined on 9/19/2014I loved the 4 choice menu. I ordered 2 from column 1, one from section three, and a dessert. The oysters were excellent, the bibb lettuce salad with white anchovies was delicious, and the short ribs were great. Service was impeccable. My husband enjoyed the ratatouille, oysters, and Basque Seafood stew. we will go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014Our favorite restaurant in the area. Consistently excellent service and amazing food. BYOB also makes it a guilt free dining experience when the check arrives. The chef offers more than the standard fare and opportunities to try new things. We have never been anything by wowed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good4meDined on 9/12/2014Wide variety of smaller plates. Not exactly tapas style, but diners can get ample tastings of fresh and inventive selections, which incorporate unusual pairings, such as beet root and blackberries in a lively salad.Special Features:
- Local Favoritepassion4fdVIPDined on 9/11/2014Recently we were in the city at one of the latest newly touted new restaurants, which was very good but required an hour plus drive to the city and parking nightmare. I wanted a similar meal again and soon- so we came back to a local favorite, Majolica. And it did not disappoint- From the fresh tomato tartar bursting with flavor to the truffle salad and arctic char. It is the combination of flavors, fresh ingredients and beautiful presentation that draws us back again and again and again....Special Features:
- Tries too hard to be inventiveJazzmanDined on 9/7/2014This was our first time at Majolica. Went without much information on the menu or the chef. In short, we found no shortage of imagination for very unique combinations of food but very few that actually worked to create a unique tasting experience. Given the four course approach, I would analogize this to a tapas experience that failed to deliver. We will not be back, although I did note other repeat customers in the restaurant, and it has been there ten years, so someone must like it. PS, if you get the Portuguese sardine, note that it is not deboned.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Majolica never disappointed me. Just wonderful fresh and well prepared food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great visitRobertODined on 9/5/2014Andrew & Majolica never fail to disappoint. Great food, great service. The chef's tasting menu is always a great choice. Though beware, if you're not that hungry, even the smaller six course version can fill you up, as he often tosses in an extra course or two. Worth it!Special Features:
- Still GreatFlavorPopDined on 8/30/2014Our second visit and again we were "wowed" by farm-table-fresh ingredients, interesting blends of flavors, and preparations that were unique and in each case, flawlessly prepared. This time, service was more polished than one year ago, when things were a little loose and less formal. This time as well, I was a little more disturbed by the limited portion size, and I definitely went away hungry (I am 185 lbs male). But the small portions are worth the exchange for having some of the best prepared food I have had from here to living in NYC. The duck breast, the arctic char, the seared tuna, the corn soup with lobster were each very memorable, and notably, seemed prepared with very little butter, cream or other ingredients. =healthySpecial Features:
- As always, Excellentbrassman2000Dined on 8/29/2014Treated our 14 and 11 year old daughters - We loved it! A four course menu selection - our choices below and all was delicious. Appreciate how Chef Deery integrates local goods into his menu. Thanks Chef Deery to take time to chat with our girls. Course 1: Renninger's Farm Egg. Ratatouille. Basil. Pappardelle Pasta. Yellowfin Tuna. Lemon Oil. Marjoram White Corn Soup. Maine Lobster. Vanilla. Course 2: Roasted Beets. Blackberries. Devonshire Cream. Balsamic. Course 3: Short Rib. Caramelized Onion. Greyere Cheese. Crouton. Soft Shell Crab. Gazpacho. Zucchini Ribbon. Basil. Arctic Char. Grapefruit. Endive. Oil-Cured Black Olive. Course 4: Coffee-Cardamom Pots de Crème. Spiced Doughnuts. Chocolate Souffle. Earl Grey Crème Anglaise.Special Features:
- Awesome once againCarolVIPDined on 8/29/2014As always, totally fresh, delicious and creative. Andrew never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Want interesting food and flavor?DoctorZDined on 8/28/2014Chef Andrew Deery has got to be among the most creative and interesting chefs in the area. Try the tasting menus and put yourself in his hands and you'll have a delightful series of flavors and textures. He has a deft hand with seafood, and a very creative and bright way of presenting some european bistro classics. The serving staff is polished, professional, and not intrusive at all. None of those dreadful attempts to become your best friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2014Food was creative and wonderful. Glad to find a nice BYOW in Phoenixville. It was a Birthday celebration!Special Features:
- Good stuff, will visit again!CTothDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I had a wonderful dinner at Majolica - food was great and well priced. We are open to trying different foods and enjoy the f2t concept. For picky/less adventurous eaters this is probably not the place, for us it was perfect. Look forward to trying again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't go backOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014very pretentious, food ok, nothing to write home about, service clumsy. reaching across table to serve, slow to remove dirty dishes. Not nearly as good as they seem to think they are. One bright spot...Chocolate soufflé is wonderful!Special Features:
- DelightfulFiftiesChildDined on 7/27/2014Chef Deery's 6 course chef tasting is always a wonderful dining experience. The spinach Gnocchi and Lamb Sirloin courses were especially delicious. His unique, yet delicate seasonings keep us coming back.Special Features:
- Thank you!Kim3674Dined on 7/26/2014We enjoyed everything about Majolica, from the friendly, knowledgeable service to the delicious, fresh, well-presented food. Every course was unique and tasty. Chef Deery truly deserves the title "Best Chef of Chester County". He uses fresh, local, seasonal cuisine. The portions are perfect. I will definitely be recommending Majolica and we will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayopen2everythingDined on 7/26/2014The staff was friendly and we were seated right away. The menu was not the same as the menu on their website (big problem for me). I typically decide where to eat by the website menu (my husband is not a "fancy food" eater and there must be something fairly plain available for him). Service started well. Our first two courses came quickly. The main and desert took longer than anticipated. The food could have used more salt and both my husband's chicken and my beef would have benefited from a sauce. However, the chicken was moist and my short ribs were braised well. My chocolate souffle w/orange anglaise was delicious and hubby enjoyed his shortbread cookies with lemon curd and green tea ice cream. I'm not sure the food justified the price.Special Features:
- Great vibe for a Wed niteMMMariDined on 7/23/2014Good Small seasonal menu (different from website) which was fine. We always do their chef tasting which is based on the seasonal menu, so a good way to try different things if you can't decide on what to order and want to sample the creativity of the chef. Service staff was great and very good with handling ur byo wine, always making sure your glasses are topped off. All the courses were done well, from plating to taste. Started with a chilled mussel, then fluke sashimi, frog leg, canteloupe sorbet (delicious), entree was a rolled chicken which was tasty but I personally prefer a seasonal fish or red meat, only thing I missed was a veg/salad. We never order dessert but their desserts r incredible and a wonderful way to end your meal.Special Features:
- Food very good - Service needs workKeifersMomDined on 7/23/2014We came for six course tasting menu. The food was above average and involved unusual but tasty combinations (beets and blackberries? great.) However service was lacking and this negatively impacted the meal. The tables have large base on the floor which leaves no room to place one's feet. The wooden chairs grow increasingly uncomfortable as the night wears on. The promised "ice water" quickly became room temp (and the room was HOT) and when we asked for additional ice to make it cold was given a glass of ice and no utensil to move ice except for our fingers. The time between courses grew as restaurant became more busy. Waited 18 mins for our dessert course - crepes filled with Nutella with sliced bananas on side. Can make that at home.
- Sam62Sam62Dined on 7/19/2014We had a very nice evening at Majolica. We were greeted warmly, given a nice table, and had our BYOB wine opened promptly. When I mention wine, I remember seeing that other tables were given nice large glasses but ours were what I might describe as "entry level". Not bad, but not great. My dinner of lamb loin was terrific and more generous than I expected. My wife's chicken was tasty and nicely spiced bit slightly overdone. Our sugar cookie dessert was very good and imaginative. Very close to five stars but four due to minor flaws. Would go again.Special Features:
- Disappointed this time...ShariVIPDined on 7/12/2014We have been to Majolica before and it has always been wonderful but we left somewhat disappointed last night. Our appetizers were very good (we had cheese plate and fresh tomatoes plate) as was dessert (chocolate soufflé with caramel sea salt ice cream) but the entrees were not up to par. I had the spicy chicken entree which was very bland and greasy. Also, it was served on a wooden board and all the juice ran off the board and onto the table. My dining companion had the pasta with mushrooms and fried egg, and found it to be heavy and a bit greasy. They also seemed to be understaffed last night. Our waitress did the best she could. Hopefully just an off night as this is one of our favorite spots.
- seasiderDined on 7/12/2014Wonderful dinning experience! Delicious food, attentive service. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingWinelover2011Dined on 7/11/2014My dish was fine, but my date was served raw chicken. The waiter apologized and offered to continue cooking it until it was done. She had it cooked and took it home to the dog. No offer of a different plate; no offer of a desert. That disappointed us as the restaurant did not rise to the occassion to make up for what was an obvious error. That is an attitude/managment problem; as a result, we will not be returning.
- Greek4VIPDined on 7/5/2014We have been long time fans and visitors to Majolica. We find the food to be innovative; beautifully presented, and most importantly, delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A winner in all respects, we enjoyopenopen12Dined on 7/5/2014Majolica keeps getting better and we enjoy taking our family and especially out of town friends that like really good cuisine. It's not crowded, some restaurants add too many tables and this setting is very pleasant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/2/2014A delightful gourmet meal at favorable prices. Since the place is small, the menu is limited, but the chef was willing to make an entree from the appetizer menu. Not only did we have 3 courses but also an amuse-bouch and a palate cleansing sorbet. Bring your own bottle and the server will open it and pour it into fine wine glasses. Parking is on the street or in the metered town parking lot. There were few patrons early on the Wednesday before July 4th ... do hope this is not the usual story.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paradise for Foodies & BYOcormac7VIPDined on 6/29/2014Delicious food, attractive presentation, friendly service. Style leans toward Mediterranean but plenty of American as well. We had raw oysters with mignonette, octopus salad, curried frogs legs and beet salad to start, with dinners of halibut, lamb and hanger steak. The portions are not overpowering, so you can have an appetizer and still feel like you are eating healthy. The BYOB aspect helps keep the overall cost reasonable. Been here about 5 times and will certainly be backSpecial Features:
- enjoyed the experienceBWPhillyVIPDined on 6/28/2014Overall the combination of food, service and ambience made for an enjoyable evening. The food was quite good - i had corn/lobster soup and a short rib entree. A good reason to dine in Phoenixville.Special Features:
- Outstanding Experience!CrownJewelDined on 6/27/2014We went to celebrate my son's birthday, who is studying to be a chef and business owner, at Johnson and Wales University in Providence, RI. The menu is very creative, served with such plating passion, and our experience was exceptional from start to finish. Andrew was extremely gracious, allowing my son to see his kitchen, meet his staff and share his superior business ethics with him. They had quite a long conversation which was such an amazing experience. In addition, the dessert plate served for my son had a birthday candle on it for him. Our server, Cheryl, was extremely professional and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.