258 Bridge Street
Phoenixville, PA 19460Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.majolicarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6109170962x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 1:30pm;
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Deery
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Weekend Brunch
A word from Majolica
Majolica - owned and operated by Chef Andrew Deery - is an award winning BYOB located in Phoenixville, PA featuring American Cuisine utilizing French influenced techniques. Seasonal ingredients combined with local sourcing and a menu structure that promotes table sharing allows for "affordable fine dining" in a relaxed and cozy atmosphere. Choose a multi-course tasting option - anytime - and let the kitchen show off for the table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Majolica - Best Restaurants in Phoenixville ›
Majolica reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (66)special occasion (62)neighborhood gem (59)romantic (41)good for groups (11)hot spot (8)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2014Food was creative and wonderful. Glad to find a nice BYOW in Phoenixville. It was a Birthday celebration!Special Features:
- Good stuff, will visit again!CTothDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I had a wonderful dinner at Majolica - food was great and well priced. We are open to trying different foods and enjoy the f2t concept. For picky/less adventurous eaters this is probably not the place, for us it was perfect. Look forward to trying again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't go backOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014very pretentious, food ok, nothing to write home about, service clumsy. reaching across table to serve, slow to remove dirty dishes. Not nearly as good as they seem to think they are. One bright spot...Chocolate soufflé is wonderful!Special Features:
- DelightfulFiftiesChildDined on 7/27/2014Chef Deery's 6 course chef tasting is always a wonderful dining experience. The spinach Gnocchi and Lamb Sirloin courses were especially delicious. His unique, yet delicate seasonings keep us coming back.Special Features:
- Thank you!Kim3674Dined on 7/26/2014We enjoyed everything about Majolica, from the friendly, knowledgeable service to the delicious, fresh, well-presented food. Every course was unique and tasty. Chef Deery truly deserves the title "Best Chef of Chester County". He uses fresh, local, seasonal cuisine. The portions are perfect. I will definitely be recommending Majolica and we will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayopen2everythingDined on 7/26/2014The staff was friendly and we were seated right away. The menu was not the same as the menu on their website (big problem for me). I typically decide where to eat by the website menu (my husband is not a "fancy food" eater and there must be something fairly plain available for him). Service started well. Our first two courses came quickly. The main and desert took longer than anticipated. The food could have used more salt and both my husband's chicken and my beef would have benefited from a sauce. However, the chicken was moist and my short ribs were braised well. My chocolate souffle w/orange anglaise was delicious and hubby enjoyed his shortbread cookies with lemon curd and green tea ice cream. I'm not sure the food justified the price.Special Features:
- Great vibe for a Wed niteMMMariDined on 7/23/2014Good Small seasonal menu (different from website) which was fine. We always do their chef tasting which is based on the seasonal menu, so a good way to try different things if you can't decide on what to order and want to sample the creativity of the chef. Service staff was great and very good with handling ur byo wine, always making sure your glasses are topped off. All the courses were done well, from plating to taste. Started with a chilled mussel, then fluke sashimi, frog leg, canteloupe sorbet (delicious), entree was a rolled chicken which was tasty but I personally prefer a seasonal fish or red meat, only thing I missed was a veg/salad. We never order dessert but their desserts r incredible and a wonderful way to end your meal.Special Features:
- Food very good - Service needs workKeifersMomDined on 7/23/2014We came for six course tasting menu. The food was above average and involved unusual but tasty combinations (beets and blackberries? great.) However service was lacking and this negatively impacted the meal. The tables have large base on the floor which leaves no room to place one's feet. The wooden chairs grow increasingly uncomfortable as the night wears on. The promised "ice water" quickly became room temp (and the room was HOT) and when we asked for additional ice to make it cold was given a glass of ice and no utensil to move ice except for our fingers. The time between courses grew as restaurant became more busy. Waited 18 mins for our dessert course - crepes filled with Nutella with sliced bananas on side. Can make that at home.
- Sam62Sam62Dined on 7/19/2014We had a very nice evening at Majolica. We were greeted warmly, given a nice table, and had our BYOB wine opened promptly. When I mention wine, I remember seeing that other tables were given nice large glasses but ours were what I might describe as "entry level". Not bad, but not great. My dinner of lamb loin was terrific and more generous than I expected. My wife's chicken was tasty and nicely spiced bit slightly overdone. Our sugar cookie dessert was very good and imaginative. Very close to five stars but four due to minor flaws. Would go again.Special Features:
- Disappointed this time...ShariVIPDined on 7/12/2014We have been to Majolica before and it has always been wonderful but we left somewhat disappointed last night. Our appetizers were very good (we had cheese plate and fresh tomatoes plate) as was dessert (chocolate soufflé with caramel sea salt ice cream) but the entrees were not up to par. I had the spicy chicken entree which was very bland and greasy. Also, it was served on a wooden board and all the juice ran off the board and onto the table. My dining companion had the pasta with mushrooms and fried egg, and found it to be heavy and a bit greasy. They also seemed to be understaffed last night. Our waitress did the best she could. Hopefully just an off night as this is one of our favorite spots.
- seasiderDined on 7/12/2014Wonderful dinning experience! Delicious food, attentive service. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingWinelover2011Dined on 7/11/2014My dish was fine, but my date was served raw chicken. The waiter apologized and offered to continue cooking it until it was done. She had it cooked and took it home to the dog. No offer of a different plate; no offer of a desert. That disappointed us as the restaurant did not rise to the occassion to make up for what was an obvious error. That is an attitude/managment problem; as a result, we will not be returning.
- Greek4VIPDined on 7/5/2014We have been long time fans and visitors to Majolica. We find the food to be innovative; beautifully presented, and most importantly, delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A winner in all respects, we enjoyopenopen12Dined on 7/5/2014Majolica keeps getting better and we enjoy taking our family and especially out of town friends that like really good cuisine. It's not crowded, some restaurants add too many tables and this setting is very pleasant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/2/2014A delightful gourmet meal at favorable prices. Since the place is small, the menu is limited, but the chef was willing to make an entree from the appetizer menu. Not only did we have 3 courses but also an amuse-bouch and a palate cleansing sorbet. Bring your own bottle and the server will open it and pour it into fine wine glasses. Parking is on the street or in the metered town parking lot. There were few patrons early on the Wednesday before July 4th ... do hope this is not the usual story.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paradise for Foodies & BYOcormac7VIPDined on 6/29/2014Delicious food, attractive presentation, friendly service. Style leans toward Mediterranean but plenty of American as well. We had raw oysters with mignonette, octopus salad, curried frogs legs and beet salad to start, with dinners of halibut, lamb and hanger steak. The portions are not overpowering, so you can have an appetizer and still feel like you are eating healthy. The BYOB aspect helps keep the overall cost reasonable. Been here about 5 times and will certainly be backSpecial Features:
- enjoyed the experienceBWPhillyVIPDined on 6/28/2014Overall the combination of food, service and ambience made for an enjoyable evening. The food was quite good - i had corn/lobster soup and a short rib entree. A good reason to dine in Phoenixville.Special Features:
- Outstanding Experience!CrownJewelDined on 6/27/2014We went to celebrate my son's birthday, who is studying to be a chef and business owner, at Johnson and Wales University in Providence, RI. The menu is very creative, served with such plating passion, and our experience was exceptional from start to finish. Andrew was extremely gracious, allowing my son to see his kitchen, meet his staff and share his superior business ethics with him. They had quite a long conversation which was such an amazing experience. In addition, the dessert plate served for my son had a birthday candle on it for him. Our server, Cheryl, was extremely professional and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeLarryRVIPDined on 6/27/2014Awesome is the only way to describe Majolice. The food and service are always outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingpassion4fdVIPDined on 6/27/2014We always get the tasting and love the surprises. This time it was the vegetables- inventive and delicious-next time we'll do an all veg tasting. Kohlrabi with roasted garlic and pine nuts, grilled romaine with fermented soy dressing,roasted chickpeas and farm fresh broccoli with harissa, coconut milk, and mint and finishing with a seared wild white Salmon in a comforting mushroom broth on top of polenta. The creativity continues onto the deserts with coconut sorbet and tropical fruits garnished with fresh cilantro adding a nice counterpoint and fennel panna cotta with strawberries and balsalmic vinegar. We consider ourselves lucky that we can get such lovingly prepared fresh inventive cuisine without having to go into the city.Special Features:
- Fantastic meal!CarolVIPDined on 6/25/2014Everything was over-the-top great! Thanks for such amazing food and service, Andrew & co.!Special Features:
- Lovely eveningkavaelaineDined on 6/21/2014We went here with a gift certificate for our anniversary. We arrived a few minutes before our reservation, and they seated us right away. I'm not sure if there were organized "seatings" or not (no one mentioned anything), but we waited about 15 minutes without anything but water before our waiter came over to talk to us about the menu. In the interim, we could see him was standing with the host in the front of the house, clearly talking to his fellow wait staff. Once he took our orders and we received our food, it came quickly. The food itself was exceptional (especially the appetizers and dessert). This is a BYOB, and overall we'd recommend it-- I guess we'd just recommend that you stick to your reservation time :).Special Features:
- Normally great but disapointingkagkiki11Dined on 6/20/2014The level of service we normally expect from Majolica was not the case this last Friday. We have been to Majolica about 6 times and every time (prior to Friday) was amazing. We have loved every single bite, the interactions with the server, every time! Our server missed our in between meal sorbet and then blamed it on it being the chefs choice. I ordered a pasta dish and it was VERY salty and the egg was over cooked. I sent it back, got another one with less sauce and less cheese and under cooked pasta and again with an over cooked egg. The only reason we will be back at this restaurant is their track record. I just hope the level of service goes back to what we normally would expect.
- Always amazing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/20/2014Andrew is a true artist. His food pairings are incredible. Oysters were excellent. Corn soup is creamy and delicious. Pork was also tender and the sauce over it was divine...almost forgot the pot de creme. The donuts re the best.Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 6/15/2014Thanks for great food, service and ambience. The presntation of each course was special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunate experienceToddWDined on 6/15/2014Lost our bottle of wine , offered no apology. Food was Meh, again no apology or effort o correct. See trip advisor review, open table doesn't allow enough characters
- Amazing culinary experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014My husband and I ate here for my 29th birthday. I was like a kid in a candy shop. The menu is for those with a more adventurous pallet, offering curried frogs legs (unbelievable) fresh oysters and pork belly. We were able to watch the chef and his assistants calmly work through a large open window. They were like a well oiled machine. Small bites of tuna tartar on a garlic dusted chip, sweet corn soup and squid ink risotto were compliments of the chef. It almost felt wrong how inexpensive it was for such an impressive meal. I cannot say enough good things about this establishment. A must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodeatsDined on 6/14/2014As always the food was outstanding. Andrew is just the most remarkable chef. My only complaint was the waitress -not Cheryl who is wonderful but the other one. She was so annoying - either hovering or ignoring us. I will always go to there because the food is so wonderful and everyone else is just fine.Special Features:
- Adventuresome foodieforeveryoung103Dined on 6/14/2014Majolica is a good place to go if your into adventuresome eating. The most of the appetizer selections seemed to look very good. This is where there is where the real adventure in eating took place, octopus, squid, raw oysters "very good", and if your into a salad before or with dinner, your out of luck. They need to offer this option, a some type of lettuce salad and also a Caesar salad, to accompany the meal. The main dishes were very good, the accompaniments left something to be desired. There was a palate cleansing sorbet made from cucumbers, they should really change this to a fruit sorbet, such as, lemon or lime. The serves was ok, could have been a bit better.Special Features:
- Always the bestCarolVIPDined on 6/6/2014Still haven't found a chef of Andrew's equal anywhere in the suburbs!Special Features:
- Get the Tasting MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/5/2014We always enjoy Majolica when we get the chef's Tasting Menu, which is not available on Fridays or Saturdays. It's an 8- course meal with a bonus seasonal cheese plate before dessert. The plates are small and delivered at a leisurely pace so you can enjoy each one and not feel rushed. Presentation is creative and modern and always pretty. The chef has a knack for putting flavors together and most food is local and seasonal. The wait staff was attentive. Thanks again for a lovely date night!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/31/2014Creative, imaginative chef, great menu, fresh ingredients, cannot go wrong with any choice. Wait staff excellent. Recommend to any foodie. Only issue (for some?): BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience once againJTimbersDined on 5/29/2014This was our second visit to Majolica and once again, everything was outstanding. Our food was cooked to perfection and the different elements of each dish went outstanding together. There's always such a great and adventurous selection of food too. The service is also top notch. The wait staff isn't stuffy at all and are so friendly and humorous. I couldn't recommend this restaurant highly enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014seafood dish and braided short ribs outstanding. Don't forget the wine.........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eating experienceluv2eatoutDined on 5/28/2014Our niece was visiting.She lives in NYC, is a real foodie and has literally dined all over the world. We had eaten at Majolica before and had literally dreamt about the food , it was so good. It was fun to watch our niece. She literally savored every bite from start to finish! Our waitress was awesome. All in all, a great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodlisalisaDined on 5/21/2014Our meal was good, but I would say not great I had the soft shell crab which was very boring- deep fried , no sauce that I recall. the app of roasted octopus was good. My friend enjoyed her meal. I had an excellent dessert.
- Always excellent!LarryRVIPDined on 5/21/2014Once again my wife and I had an excellent meal. The Oysters served by Andrew are always outstanding and he makes the best Champagne Mignonette I've ever had we both started with the Oysters. I then had the Grilled Octopus with Feta, Garbonzo Beans and Mint. My wife had the special Bibb Lettuce salad. For my entrée I had the Special which was Soft Shelled Crabs that were perfectly done and my wife had The Berkshire Pork Chop that had incredible flavor. We were too full for Desert but I was really tempted to have the Short Bread Cookies with Lemon Curd and Earl Grey Ice Cream (maybe next time).Special Features:
- A diamond in a town of sapphiresOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2014The rebirth and reinvention has brought with it some outstanding gems and a few shiny, perfectly cut diamonds. Majolica is one of those diamonds. As a BYOB, the constraints and frustration of a wine list are removed, allowing you to focus on the amazing food. We had the chilled pea soup (excellent) and smoke salmon appetizers (delicious). The main course was a delicious, savory short rib meal, and I chose the pork chop. I would love to say the pork met my expectation, but it didn't. The short rib was out of this world. Dessert? Another hit: Nutella crepes and a chocolate tort. Overall, a wonderful experience. The service was fantastic. I recommend this restaurant to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend!RachaelDined on 5/17/2014My husband and I went to Majolica to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. Everything was perfect. The food was fantastic. We sat right across from the kitchen and loved watching the chefs at work! We will definitely be going again!Special Features:
- Another great dinnerLouannDined on 5/16/2014Third visit just as delightful. The food was unique and flavorful, the waiter was attentive and knew the menu in detail. A little pricey for a BYOB but well worth a visit.Special Features: