Majid's St. Matthews
3930 Chenoweth Square
Louisville, KY 40207Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Majid's St. Matthews
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.majidstmatthews.com/
- Phone: 5026182222
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 11:00PM. Brunch: Sunday: 11:30:AM - 2:30PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Whether your catering needs are an intimate evening catered at your home, a business meeting, or a wedding reception; our event director offers personalized service to make it a stress free event.
- Private Party Facilities: Majid's private dining room is able to accommodate up to 60 guests. Perfect for business functions, birthday celebrations, holiday dinners, and other special occasions. Our Lounge/Bar area is also available and perfect for fun filled private gatherings. Whether your needs are a small private gathering with friends or the entire restaurant for a wedding reception, we will make it a memorable evening for you and your guests.
- Private Party Contact: Debbie Ghavami 5025544555
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment Tuesdays - Saturdays.
A word from Majid's St. Matthews
We invite you to dine and enjoy an eclectic menu offering of Mediterranean and American Cuisine. Some of our guests favorite entrées include, Rack of Lamb (the best in the city... and many say "the best they've ever had"), Seafood Stew (simply scrumptious), and Roasted Duck. Located in the heart of St. Matthews, Majid's interior is contemporary and inviting, has a beautiful outdoor patio, and a separate expansive bar/lounge that makes for the perfect gathering place, where one can catch live entertainment Tuesdays through Saturdays. Come gather with friends and family and enjoy excellent food and hospitality at it's best!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Majid's St. Matthews reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great food, excellent value,OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/14/2013Great food, excellent value, prompt service. A delight to find this wonderful spot in St. Matthews.Special Features:
- My husband had steak & fries,Pc1029VIPDined on 1/24/2013My husband had steak & fries, another had the chicken marsala I believe, and I had the clam chowder. Everyone said it was good and I thought my chowder was very good. The owner came around to make sure we were all enjoying.Special Features:
- Great Service - disappointing foodMrsSileoDined on 1/19/2013Service was absolutely fantastic, everyone went out of their way to take care of us. The food however was not so great. We had the wedge salad and it was drowning in runny dressing. The Steak Frittes appeared to be an unappetizing preformed pc of meat - although, the larger of the two pieces was cooked exactly as ordered, the smaller piece was overcooked, dry and leathery. The waffle fries tasted like frozen oreida and not in a good way!!! The green beans were covered in oil and that was all you tasted. My husband had the Lamb shank and it was nothing memorable. We split a cheese plate and besides the service, it was the only shining star of the meal. Will not go back for dinner but may give it another shot for appetizers and drinks.
- Food came late because ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2013Food came late because of lost ticket, but our meal was free and staff apologized numerous times for the delay. Food was very good, particularly the steak and desserts.Special Features:
- We took our house guests toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/12/2013We took our house guests to Majid's for dinner and all four of us enjoyed it immensely. The food was delicious and the overall experience is enhanced by the presence of the congenial and always pleasant owner. We will definitely return and would not hesitate to recommend Majid's to others.Special Features:
- Everything was good, but nothingTBPlayerDined on 1/5/2013Everything was good, but nothing was special. They advertise as a "Mediterranean" restaurant, but most of the menu is old-fashioned "Continental" cuisine that you might have found in the 50s. They were out of the dessert we ordered, then turned out to be out of our second choice as well. Service was friendly and helpful, but not as polished as it should be at an upscale place. Not cheap, but not overpriced, either. The atmosphere is lovely, and it's quiet enough that you can actually converse, a big plus for us. It's not going to the top of our list, but is a good choice for people with relatively conservative tastes, especially when you want someplace quiet and a bit romantic.
- Great service and staff. LambOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/5/2013Great service and staff. Lamb chops great! Potatoes cold and steak not up to par. Blue cheese fondue and bread were wonderful. Shrimp cocktail delicious!Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/4/2013Met my friend here for dinner, she was running late, but never did I feel uncomfortable from the staff about this! They gave me a table I preferred. The salmon and vegetables were SO good, as was the greek salad. 2 glasses of Angeline Chardonnay were good. Very friendly, warm, great waitress. And, a man who works there, maybe the manager, came by once or twice (we were there 3 hours!!!) and very quick and friendly asked how we were. Wonderful experience, thank you!Special Features:
- A perfect way to spend theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012A perfect way to spend the holiday evening with wonderful food, excellent service and great atmosphere. Thanks!Special Features:
- Great place for any ocassionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Wonderful food, everyone at Majid's make us feel like @ Home!Special Features:
- Very lovely, romantic spot.RonsgirlVIPDined on 12/29/2012Very lovely, romantic spot. Food was very good but I was a little shocked at the expensive $12 glass of house wine I was served. The band duo provided very easy listening and nicely intergrated with the small crowd in the bar area. Would I go back? Yes but would be more careful in my wine selection.Special Features:
- Just great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2012Loved it. Great food, interesting presentations, great service. Definitely will be returning.Special Features:
- Love that owner is alwaysnonameDined on 12/22/2012Love that owner is always a presence and always greets youSpecial Features:
- I reserved a table on-lineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/12/2012I reserved a table on-line at Majid's for my wife's birthday celebration. Living over an hour away in Lexington, we drove to Louisville for shopping and had never dined here before, but were very impressed and will certainly be back. Thank you Stevie for the great food/drink selection advise and friendly service!Special Features:
- Food and service were topFranDined on 12/8/2012Food and service were top notch. Entertainment by BobbY J and his accompanist was the icing on the cake.Special Features:
- I always enjoy eating at Majid'sOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/27/2012I always enjoy eating at Majid's - the food is well prepared and the service is friendly and very good.Special Features:
- A bit pricey but overall theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/27/2012A bit pricey but overall the food was good. Steven, the manager was great with wine selections.Special Features:
- The service was slow but weOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/17/2012The service was slow but we weren't in a hurry so not a problem. Servers were friendly and accomodating. Calm, rather elegant atmosphere. The lounge area is separated from the dining room but seen through glass windows: a friend told us to book on the lounge side because the entertainers are terrific. We will return!Special Features:
- so-so...C- ....at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012i was underwhelmed by this restaurant....we dine out at least once a week at higher end establishments......majids atmosphere, decor, and appearance was very good......but when we came it was very crowded.....we received little attention from our waiter....and we kept getting the feeling they needed the table and wished we would leave....we were not offered coffee or dessert after the meal....the main entree was a seafood stew......it was over spicy and the shrimp was tuff and fatty......we will not be back......not trying to be mean but just bein honest so you know how to adjust.....good luck to you......! regards, sonny
- Really enjoyed the food butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012Really enjoyed the food but the service leaves a lot to be desired. The wait staff rarely check on us and our soup never arrived.Special Features:
- Very good experience. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2012Very good experience. Food was good. Service was spot on. A bit noisy but we sat in the bar --- although it appears most of the table are in and around the bar. I would definitely recommend Majid's.
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2012Our evening at Majid's was nice but not great. We began with the escargot appetizer, and it was not bad but not too flavorful The Greek salads were quite nice. I had the lamb shank for an entree and my companion had the New York Strip. Again, they were good, but for the prices at Majid's, I wanted better than good. The dessert was the worst part of the meal. We split a piece of Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie. It was tiny and tasteless and quite stale. Not the right way to end a meal. The woman who met us and seated us did not smile the entire evening, but our server was just fine.
- Excellent food. A bit priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2012Excellent food. A bit pricey and lean on portion sizes, but overall a good dining experience.Special Features:
- My husband loved the LambOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2012My husband loved the Lamb Shank. I had the Seafood Stew but it was too spicey for my taste so did not enjoy it. Quite busy on a Thursday evening. Food took quite a while after ordering. Waiter was friendly. Bread & cheese dipping sauce very good. Generous wine pour. Tiramisu dessert did not appear to be "homemade" - more like Costco. Live music coming from bar was enjoyable.Special Features:
- So-sowandwDined on 11/15/2012Our reaction to Majid's was so-so. Probably won't go back. But, that's not to say it doesn't have some pluses. We peeked in to the bar which is lovely, had nice jazzy live music playing not too loudly, and a good looking bar menu. We hear that this is a hot spot for the late 20's/early 30's crowd. We ate on the dining side. At 6:30 in the evening (they open around 5:00 I think), they were out of the veggie kabobs. Really? Everyone liked their entree - the salmon, the chicken, the ribeye and the night's special of grouper. The sides were: mashed potatoes and winter squash, roasted potato, and green beans. Two of our party requested green beans only and still got the mashed potatoes. Also, potatoes and potatoes?
- Everything was great but theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2012Everything was great but the band (saxophonist) was way too loud. Tough to carry on a conversation when they were playing for the small area.Special Features:
- The Tuna Appetizer was wonderful.LA2KYFoodieVIPDined on 11/14/2012The Tuna Appetizer was wonderful. The Salmon was some of the best I have ever had. My husband's Chicken Kabob melted in your mouth and the seasoning was incredible. We sat at the bar, before getting our table. Our bartender was great, as was my Blackberry Manhattan. Great evening.Special Features:
- Fantastic first experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/13/2012Fantastic experience! My husband and I went out for an unplanned "date," and we enjoyed every minute of it. The service was excellent, the dishes we ordered we timed just right for a good conversation, and everything we tasted was delicious. Majid himself stopped by to say hello, and it was a nice touch. I will definitely come back!Special Features:
- Many better places in townOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/13/2012Many better places in town in this price range Service very slow - not enough waitstaff or kitchen staff??? Greek salads poor - drenched in dressing Entrees - pretty ordinary
- Food was delicious. WouldOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2012Food was delicious. Would have been better if served hot instead of warm. Service was terribly slow. My husband had the seafood stew. It was full of seafood. I had the pork diablo. Very good taste.Special Features:
- Try the Bond Girl cocktailOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012Try the Bond Girl cocktail or the Jackie O cocktail they are just fabulous.Special Features:
- Mojito, Cosmo, and other drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012Mojito, Cosmo, and other drinks were really bad,...but food was very good. They need to replace people working at the bar.Special Features:
- My wife and I were very impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012My wife and I were very impressed with Majid's. I ordered the seafood stew, an excellent dish. My wife's salmon was very good, as well. The restaurant is very attractive and comfortable-a great place to relax and enjoy a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Had a reservation at 8 p.m.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/8/2012Had a reservation at 8 p.m. Arrived and was told that the restaurant was out of virtually every entree on the menu and every signature dish. Ordered an appetizer while we tried to figure out if there was anything worth ordering for dinner. About 10 minutes later, our waiter came by and said they were also out of the appetizer. We left. Wildly disappointed.
- The Best Filet..OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2012The filet is outstanding as well as the appetizer called Kashke Bademjon (if you like eggplant..). The bartender also recommended a great CA red wine called or GSM from the Hahn Winery, Nickey Hahn and was very reasonably priced too.Special Features:
- Slow service mars great diningSteve2555Dined on 11/2/2012Very pretty dining spot. Bar scene was hopping. We chose to sit in the dining area. After taking our drink orders we had to wait 30 minutes for our barely apologetic waitress to reappear with even a crumb of bread much less a libation. Service plodded on. Dinner finally arrived after over an hour and fifteen minutes. The food was great. I think the owner was embarrassed and did offer apologies. Comping part of the meal would have been nice. Don't think we'll be back.Special Features:
- Restaurant side is quiet andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012Restaurant side is quiet and lovely. Service was very good. Menu selection is well thought out and offers options for a variety of tastes. Food was good, but not great. Flavors were a bit muted.Special Features:
- AS ALWAYS A GRREAT END TOOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2012AS ALWAYS A GRREAT END TO A BUSY DAY. A FRIENDLY AND KNOWLEDGABLE WAIT STAFF. A MENU THAT EXUDES THE RELAXING MEALS OF HOME, A PLEASURE TO DINE THERE.Special Features:
- The food and service was superlativOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/27/2012The food and service was superlative and the music by Bobby J at the bar was Excellant!!Special Features:
- We very much enjoyed our firstOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/25/2012We very much enjoyed our first dinner at Majaid's last night. It was a great night on the patio with great friends, food and drink. The Smoked Duck Bruschetta was delicious and the Pork Diablo did not disappoint. We will be back!Special Features: