313 North Charles St
Baltimore, MD 21201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://maisysbaltimore.com/
- Phone: 4432200150
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00am
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers, Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Cyrus Keefer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout
- Private Party Facilities: Oh and please don't forget to check out The Ox Lounge before you leave. It's not only a great place to watch the game and hang out with friends, but is also available for business meetings or that special event you've been planning.
- Entertainment: Maisy's got The Ticket! That's right, we have The NFL Sunday Ticket & The Big 10 Network this year and will have access to each & every NFL/Big 10 game. Make sure to get here early to secure a TV for your favorite team or throw your next football party in The Ox Lounge!
- Cross Street: Betw. E. Pleasant St. & E. Saratoga St.
- Public Transit: A short walk from most downtown hotels, use Baltimore City’s FREE Purple Line Circulator buses (going North-exit 305 Pleasant Street & N. Charles Street or Going South-exit 317 St Paul and Saratoga Street)
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered street parking and parking lots on Franklin Street near Charles. Mulberry Street between Cathedral and Charles reopens for parking at 6 p.m.
A word from Maisys
Just a quick walk to Baltimore’s Inner Harbor or cultural center, Maisy’s is the neighborhood restaurant and bar you wish was close to where you live. Located at 313 N. Charles Street, Maisy’s warmth, hospitality and really good food draws both Baltimoreans and visitors with their seasonal and locally sourced offerings for lunch, dinner or late night rendezvous. Pull up a bar stool, grab a table or plop down on the couch and enjoy the early bird or late night happy hours, watch games on the flat screens, share a brick oven pizza or choose a selection of Chef Cyrus Keefer’s delicious creations to fill your cravings!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maisys reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (2)romantic (1)Show More
- worth a visitjsem55Dined on 7/2/2014We enjoyed dinner here. Interesting menu. Bistro style. Tasty appetizers and mains. Friendly, welcoming service.Special Features:
- Loved it!NancyDined on 6/23/2014We stopped off for some appetizers and small plate main courses, oh and of course a few beers, before the O's game. Loved it, loved it, loved it. My college aged kids and I will be back again soon.Special Features:
- NiceNikka4foodDined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed the food. Our waitress was very nice but we had to wait quite a while for the food to come to our table. Thus if you have and want time for conversation this will work out. (not so if you are in a hurry). Windows were open and an occasional bus or loud car speeding by interrupting the conversation. One burger was not cooked as requested, no problem as it was immediately addressed and replaced to satisfaction. Likely I will return to this as I really liked the lamb burger. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unorganized - Very disappointedNYCfoodieDined on 3/29/2014We made a reservation for a group of 8 which was confirmed by Maisy's. We consequently had two other groups of 8 we knew that were dining there around the same time as there was an event in the city we were attending. Each group of 8 had confirmed reservations. When we arrived, the restaurant was full, and we were told by the host that there were no tables and he would see what he could do. Meanwhile, the two other groups that had reservations before us were all cramped at the bar waiting to sit 30 minutes past their reservation time. There were not enough seats at the bar for all to dine, and the host returned to say that he still could not seat us (or any other group) for at least 30-45 minutes. One group then left as did we.
- maisysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014Don't go out of your way to eat here, but if you happen by, order pizza. The Saturday night we dined was severely understaffed with large party in downstairs dining room. One waiter was harried and took half an hour just to order.
- Would not go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/27/2014I should have known better to order alligator gumbo at a glorified neighborhood bar, but it was really quite poor. It tasted as if the chef completely forgot to season the gumbo, the portion was very small for a pricey dish, and overall it was disappointing. Nice waitstaff and very lively atmosphere since it was happy hour on a workday, but there are too many good choices for restaurants in Baltimore to go back here.Special Features:
- steak nightpmrthirdDined on 2/11/2014Tuesday night is their strip steak for $15 which comes with a pumpkin squash side andxtemoura green beans. Strakc was cooked perfectly! Also ordered the Chesapeake chicken wings which were huge and also niclyvpreoared. Overall, great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014Tried this place for a pre-theatre light sinner. Service was outstanding. Good waiter/waitress recommendations. Got the Falafel pizza which was great. The salad with the toasted cinnamon encrusted pumpkin seeds was a great try - delicious.Special Features:
- Great placeTommyDined on 1/5/2014I travel to Baltimore once a year on business and I always make sure I eat at Maisy's! Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the duck spring rollsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/14/2013Enjoyed the duck spring rolls and pizza but not the Mexican chocolate cupcakesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely pre-Thanksgiving dinnerMariDined on 11/29/2013We went on a quiet night just before Thanksgiving with our 10 month-old daughter and felt very welcomed by the waitress. The restaurant mood was neat and relaxed. The menu had many enticing options. We got the smoked duck nachos and falafel pizza and both were very tasty. There was enough for us to take home too. We had a lovely dinner and will most certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth it !MM483Dined on 11/9/2013Great intentions ,BUT their online menu does not reflect their printed menu, they were out of half their stated menu items by 730 on a Saturday night , and they have a very limited drink menu. The wait staff was pedestrian and the hipster searing left slot to be desired Don't charge $$-$$$ should provide that service and experience!Special Features:
- Give it a tryCharlieDined on 11/6/2013The atmosphere was great, our waitress was attentive. My steak was a little chewy. The other food looked good so I'd try Maisy's again.Special Features:
- Great food and wine listDavePDined on 9/30/2013$20 for a bottle of wine in Baltimore to complement your meal doesn't get any better than that! Check this place out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before the theaterNewtownMarkDined on 9/27/2013We found Maisys because it's close to the theater and it was a great find. We were a little pressed for time and our server adjusted to it perfectly without taking anything away from the experience. Food was very good and the wine selection better than most. I will return the next time I am in Baltimore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen vs Wait StaffKutsushitaNyankoDined on 8/30/2013The food was great, bu tThe wait staff fell short. It took at least 10 minutes to be seated despite making a reservation. Additionally, there was only one drink menu and it was missing. The waitress said there is a full bar so they can make anything. We found a drink list online, and when we chose off that, we were told that it was outdated and they couldn't make what we wanted. After asking several times what drinks were on the AWOL drink menu, she was able to only recall one. With how much money the place could make off of alcohol sales, I was surprised that nothing was advertised to us. If I would have been there with a different group of friends, I would not have ordered a beverage at all.
- Great Neighborhood SpotKinsaleDined on 8/3/2013A lively and interesting bar scene, comfortable seating, and cool ambiance and some of the best brick oven pizza in Baltimore. They even make their own mozzarealla in-house. Superb service by Nicolette. Try the other stuff on the menu as well. The mussels appetizer comes in a really interesting broth. Heartily recommended and excellent price/value relationship.Special Features:
- Good food, bad service.AbcEaterDined on 6/3/2013Went here on a Monday night and was pretty busy but only one waitress was working. It took forever for her to greet us after being seated and even longer to take our order. The food was good but the service was terribly slow.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/26/2013Cute place, great waitress, awful food. Everything was greasy and underseasoned. Disappointing, because the menu was interesting. Stick with the pizza if you go. The crust was pretty great!
- FoodfoodisgoodDined on 5/2/2013I had the short rib eggrolls and crab fondue. They eggrolls had more connective tissue than meat and were loaded with oil. the Crab fondue with "house bread" was overloaded with Oldbay and barely any crab. I was disappointed. My server was very nice. But you go to a restaurant to eat, not for a nice server.
- Our first time at this neighborhoodDonnaDined on 4/27/2013Our first time at this neighborhood restaurant in Baltimore. Food was excellent, prices very reasonable, great service. We will return on our next trip to Baltimore!Special Features:
- perfect compromiseavidreviewreaderDined on 4/27/2013You know how difficult it is to please a whole group? Well, this place did a great job. It had different price options, different diet restriction options, and the service was top notch. The ambiance was warm and lovely and the food was tasty. Pizza was their specialty and it showed (the crust, yum!) but other options were fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groups and yummy pizza!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/9/2013Maisy's was awesome! Had a huge group and they took great care of us! Would absolutely frequent again. YUM! Pizzas are DELICIOUS!!Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/19/2013Wonderful find! I am so glad that we found our way to Maisys. Brick oven pizza was delicious. The service was outstanding and I would def. recommend Maisys to anyone!Special Features:
- Server was good. Yet, i orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/5/2013Server was good. Yet, i ordered a NY Strip Steak. That was horrible. Lets just say, no seasoning or Steak sauce. The manager did try to make sure i was happy and i wants thankful. I know now i need to ask if the food is seasoned and if there are condiments to go along with what is offered on the menu.Special Features:
- The food is not the problemDeannaDined on 12/31/2012The food is not the problem at this restaurant. While it's nothing to write home about, (the preparation and flavor was ok), the real issue here is the terrible service. From waiting 25 minutes for one drink(a pour and serve beer) to not being told of the specials to waiting forever for any other inquiry of food, refills, to-go boxes or the check, the service was the worst I think we had ever experienced. The icing on the cake was our rude server who attempted to serve up lame excuses for his behavior. We weren't excited about going in the first place and we surely will never go back.
- First visit but not the last!DanaDined on 12/29/2012This was our first visit to Maisy's and it won't be the last! Sophisticated but comfortable ambiance, interesting and delicious food, friendly and efficient service, and reasonable prices. I can't imagine why it isn't busier - Maisy's is a neighborhood gem. An great choice for dinner before a show at the Hippodrome.Special Features:
- This was a last minute tripOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2012This was a last minute trip to Baltimore from York, PA for dinner. We had a nice time. The pizzas were very good! A neat little restaurant.Special Features:
- I had the buffalo chickenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2012I had the buffalo chicken pizza. It was great, however, my wife had the shrimp/pasta dish and it tasted nice but it had way too much sauce. They seemed to be understaffed on a Saturday night because the table next to us waited a long time for their entree,and i believe they were a few minutes away from walking out, and they only had chicken pasta dish, which doesn't take long to prepare. Lastly, they really need to recover the banquette seats because one could surmise that if the interior is shoddy, well perhaps the food is too. Ultimately, its not a bad place. They just need to fine tune their seating, service and tighten up on the dish my wife had. That said, i would return for a few brews, Monday Night Football, wings, etc...Special Features:
- Had a white pizza - one offoodie007Dined on 8/23/2012Had a white pizza - one of the most tasteless pizza I've ever had. Although each add-on was a la carte, they were used very sparingly, so most of the pizza was just dough. Ugh. Fast food joints do better than this place.
- B. B. B. = Best Bistro in Baltimorehland33Dined on 6/10/2012Maisy's is one of the best kept secrets in Baltimore. It is a smaller sized bistro on North St. Charles, convenient to the baseball and football stadium as well as the concert halls (Lyric Opera House, etc.) Given this great location, it becomes a MUST STOP for anyone before or after the game or theatre. The food is about the best in the city. Don't miss any item with short ribs in it. And the cost is very reasonable given the quality and uniqueness of the menu. Their crab entrees are superperb and the local items/specials are always worth ordering. I have eaten there over one dozen times andhave never been disappointed with anything I have ordered.Special Features:
- We were so disappointed inchewyDined on 5/19/2012We were so disappointed in Maisys! We walked into an adorable establishment and that was the end of the "good". The food was absolutely terrible. We ordered simple burgers and they were overdone and so salty. We will not visit again. They need to make some major improvements on the food to fill that restaurant for dinner. What a shame!
- Crabcakes and mac/cheese werezsazsaDined on 5/11/2012Crabcakes and mac/cheese were both outstanding as was the bread pudding. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- The appetizers and entreesvirginiadinerDined on 5/7/2012The appetizers and entrees were delicious. We had an early seating. The restaurant was not busy, but server was not attentive to our table.Special Features:
- a good looking space, especiallycrosscountry60Dined on 5/5/2012a good looking space, especially in warmer months with the windows open to the street. No big surprises on the menu, but delivered a full table of tasty standards. would go back anytime.
- Good variety on the menu andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2012Good variety on the menu and a nice mix of couples and groups. The noise is contained and you can hear the people you're with. They have some unique cocktails (which are good)- not a huge wine selection, but a variety of cocktails for sure.Special Features:
- As this was my first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/8/2012As this was my first time at the restaurant. I found the food to be enjoyable.Special Features:
- What A Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2012This was not so much a choice as a need - - late night dining in Baltimore is tough to find. But what a great find!! Good food, reasonable prices, very friendly service. What more do you want?Special Features:
- 50-50hungrypairDined on 3/17/2012The first time I went, I was favorably impressed; however, this time, Maisy's sort of fell flat. My wings were not very good and my wife's dish wasn't particularly memorable. It was likely an off day and we were in there early in order to make a performance so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
- Food and service were bothOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/17/2012Food and service were both great. We both ordered pizzas, and they were delicious. Not truly fine dining, but great for what it is, and great for the price. We'll definitely go back.Special Features: