112 Fisherman's Wharf
Redondo Beach, CA 90277Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.maisonriz.com/
- Phone: 3103791300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: 7 Days from 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Japanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering coming soon!
- Entertainment: Happy Hour Daily from 3-7 $3 off Wine by the Glass $2 off Beer $5 Well Cocktails $7 Martinis 1/2 Off Selected Appetizers
- Special Events: Join Maison RIZ for New Years Eve, Friday January 31st. Enjoy our signature French-Japanese cuisine and breathtaking view before heading out to a party. Please contact the restaurant with any questions.
A word from Maison Riz
We offer Contemporary Japanese Cuisine inspired by French technique with one of the most romantic and breathtaking ocean views in Southern California. Enjoy the rhythmic sound of waves crashing below as you enjoy a truly unique dining experience that will surely create memories to last a lifetime. So come on down and "Enjoy the Journey... at Maison Riz." Your Voyage Awaits!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maison Riz reviews from OpenTable diners
- under impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2012The view is great, Not a good value as overly priced. Was almost too quiet that you could hear the table next to you talking. Food was small portions and fish was cold, Sent it back once and it still came back sllightly under cookded and not warm. Just felt like a number there.Special Features:
- Nothing Romantic about Maison RizOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2012This was probably one of the most disappointing Valentines Day Dinners I had. The ambiance of the Restaurant was stark, cold, an sterile. Nothing romantic about this place. Food O.K., but nothing to write home about. The service was very fast paced, and it did not allow for a relaxed atmosphere. As quickly as you finished something, the plate was whisked away, and another plate arrived. It was as if they were expecting a second dinner rush of new customers (that rush never came). I spent $229 including tax and tip for 2 people (fixed price menu, plus 2 drinks and coffee). There are better places to spend this sort of money and feel special. I felt like a tourist in my own backyard.Special Features:
- Horrible customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/26/2012Bad customer service. The waiter, his service is horrible. He took my wine glass without any verification even the drink left in the glass. Forgot to serve my dessert. When payment, he just took credit card, did not say anything even "Thank you". Food was pretty good but I do not want to see him again at there. I felt the restaurant staff did not check any OPENTABLE comment cause I wrote the dinner would be special occasion (actually my wife's birthday) but no one told us anything. Look like they just take reservation through OPENTABLE, thats it. Do not care any customer service.
- Bad fishManhattaniteDined on 1/11/20123 of our group of 4 had stomach issues the next day. Coincidence? I think not.Special Features:
- One of my favorite restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/9/2012One of my favorite restaurant. Went here for friend's bday. Always enjoy their food, drinks and the ocean view. I never seen this restaurant gets really busy but not complaining about that since prefer quiet moment while dining at Maison Riz.Special Features:
- Food was good, however, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/27/2011Food was good, however, service was a little slow. Only one other table with guests and had to ask for water and sushi service was slow. Ocean view, very nice.
- It seemed like the server'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/26/2011It seemed like the server's first day. He had no answers for us. Bartender was rude.Special Features:
- On a Wednesday night in winterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2011On a Wednesday night in winter there was only one other couple in the restaurant. We sat at the window with the sea beneath us. We decided to try the 2 for $20 menu. The food was good with the exception of the ord'v which was ghastly. It was raw octopus on round ordinary tortilla chips with an unremarkable salsa. It was called a vegetable plate so we weren't expecting what we got. Unfortunately for me I let it put me off the rest of the meal. My husbands beef looked wonderful and my chicken and noodles in white sauce was perfectly adequate. Wouldn't make the drive again though.
- The food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2011The food was delicious and the portions were greatSpecial Features:
- Everything was great. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2011Everything was great. The staff was very nice and the view is awesome. They also gave a very nice birthday surprise for my wife. The food was very good.Special Features:
- Service was outstanding, allOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/18/2011Service was outstanding, all wait staff were attentive and helpful. The food came out timely and hot.Special Features:
- Vanessa R. from Hermosa Beach, CAOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2011I went with my husband and friends for a dinner at Maison Riz. We are excited to try something new but were sadly disappointed. The services was awful and unexperienced. The liquor at the bar was minimal. Moreover, the food was no very good at all. I ordered a filet which was overdone and the mashed potatoes for all our dishes were cold. A friend ordered a rib eye which was nothing but fat. Maison Riz has a long way to go before being a place we return or recommend this awful place.
- Great place, food was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2011Great place, food was good for the price. We were seated next to the window which was lovely, but right next to the server's counter, so there were two servers standing right next to us, inputing the orders and talking for most of the meal. Not that they were talking loud, it was just an unfortunate location for that counter, in my opinion. Uni risotto was our favorite, oysters were good as well. Very relaxing atmosphere with the sound/view of the waves breaking outside. Will definitely come back and the 1000pt definitely will help that decision.
- Overwhelmed serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2011The restaurant came highly recommended but wasn't what I expected. I was hoping for a quaint, romantic setting but got a hustling, bustling place with big screen tv's. Our server was very overwhelmed and not supported very well. Drinks took a half hour and we received our appetizer after our entree. The food was outstanding and our server was doing the best he could. Overall experience was good. Restaurant operations need some work. For what I payed I expected more.Special Features:
- Do Not Go To Maison Riz!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2011My experience at Maizon Riz was profoundly awful. I booked the reservation for my mother's birthday and made it very clear both on the reservation and when I arrived at the restaraunt who my mom was and that it was her birthday. We placed our orders from the limited menu and when we finally got our food, my mom's fish wasn't there. THEY DID NOT TAKE MY MOM'S ORDER! When we brought it the attention of the wait staff, they were surly and unapologetic. Thirty minutes later, they brought out a half-cooked slab of fish and TRIED TO CHARGE US FOR IT! When I asked to talk to the manager, I was told he was "outside." He wasn't. I was so mad that I got up, found the manager hiding in his office and demanded they not charge us for the fish.Special Features:
- Exceptional food, fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2011Exceptional food, fabulous chef. Tried 2 different tasting menus. It was delicious from start to finish (and added a prosecco & coffee to dessert). Worth the cost which rivals any fine dining establishment (or steakhouse).Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/30/2011Amazing view, right over the water, excellent service and delicious food...we drove 1-1/2 hours to get there, but Maison Riz is definitely somewhere we will dine at again!Special Features:
- The food was great, the viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2011The food was great, the view of the ocean was amazing. Service was perfect, polite and considerateSpecial Features:
- i have been there a numbercatnipVIPDined on 9/24/2011i have been there a number of times and there food is always very good,some outstanding.the shrimp ravioli,black cod,dungenous crab salad to name a few.there prefix dinner for two is hard to beat for 25 dollars!with a view thats fantastic.Special Features:
- Good scene only, poorly runOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/10/2011Good plate presentation but the food is not--either too bland or too many tastes in one dish. Very Friendly staff but appeared to be inexperienced and not professionally trained. Restaurant is not professionally managed. Kitchen staff had to come out with the food. Food is slow. Chaos all around. Just good vuew and good location.Special Features:
- The restaurant is locatedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/9/2011The restaurant is located by the beach, the whole experience was heavenly, food tasted good, presentation was super, atomosphere was relaxing.Special Features:
- Big disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/5/2011When we arrived for our 7:30 reservations the restaurant was not busy, yet the hostess was no where to be found, finally the bartender got us menus and took us to our table. The waiter was very polite, but I beleive it was his first night as a waiter. The tip off was when he opened the wine, he poured it without giving me the opportunity to first taste it. Service was rather slow and many of the dishes on the menu were no longer available or they had run out of some dish for that night. In the restaurant profile is says "Dining Style: Casual Elegant" and "Dress Code: Smart casual" By no means is this true. Presentation of the dishes were average (Japanese fusion it ain't)and the patrons that were there were very casual ie beach attaire.Special Features:
- First time not the last!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2011We drove all the way from Riverside and were seated early. The food was good and so was the service. Me and my wife had alacarte items and our friends the 3 items for 25. Every things was quite tasty, hot and delivered in a reasonable time. We were there at sunset so the iew was great along with some local wildlife in the ocean. Overall a very good night.Special Features:
- The service was terrible!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/2/2011The service was terrible! 3 hour meal, could tell the waiter and manager was new.
- Went to the Maison Riz forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/2/2011Went to the Maison Riz for what I hoped would be a romantic birthday dinner. My reservations for a table over looking the ocean were ignored as we were sat at a table away from the water. Our host informed us that even though I had made reservations, other reservations had been made prior to us for those tables; those tables remained vacant the 2.5 hours we were at the restaurant. Speaking of spending 2.5 hours at a restaurant it was not due to the food or atmosphere, but because our food took over an hour to come out and when it did, it was horrible. My "Kobe" beef was very tough and hard to chew. My girlfriend's chicken was clearly prepared in a microwave. Our waiter was very polite, but could not make up for the food and delay.Special Features:
- Outstanding. Food excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/1/2011Outstanding. Food excellent and service excellent. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- The view was spectacular,MinouyeDined on 8/30/2011The view was spectacular, foods were great, but their service was beyond worse ever I experienced. We started at the bar for Happy Hour before our dinner reservation, there is no bartender to serve us. When we seated for dinner, took us more than 15 minutes to get our drink order, NOT drinks yet. After a waiter took our drink order, it took another 15 or more minutes to get our drinks. Anyway, I experienced slowest service ever in my adult life. It’s not like servers had bad attitude or anything so it is just too bad that they never get my recommendation for sure.Special Features:
- Awful food, poor service,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/20/2011Awful food, poor service, only redeeming quality is great location on the beach. Won't be going back.Special Features:
- My bf and I love this place.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2011My bf and I love this place. AWESOME food. Great service and very friendly staff.Special Features:
- The ambiance of Maison RizOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/6/2011The ambiance of Maison Riz was wonderful, which was also complimented by the presentation of the food, but the experience was not as expected. The waitress was kind, but the amount of time it took for the food to come out was terrible. My order, as well as my boyfriend's came out within the hour. Unfortunately, two of my friends waited two hours for their clam chowder and main entree. It was not until we had decided to leave that their food was finally taken out of the kitchen. I put the service as "fair" because the waitress was kind and understanding enough for me to set aside my "poor" rating for what goes on in the kitchen and management. In spite of this, I would like to come again in hopes this was a rare incident.Special Features:
- Food was ok, but I can't sayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2011Food was ok, but I can't say service was good. If somebody ask me that I want to have dinner again over there, I will say no.
- Food was very good, but wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2011Food was very good, but was served somewhat cold and service was not very great. Atmosphere was very dull.. When we arrived, no one was there to greet us.. we had to wait for someone to come.. Only really good thing about this was the food.
- Great food with fair serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2011The restaurant has a great scenic view of the Pacific Ocean and we - a party of six - had a nice table at the window. The 8 oz rib-eye steak was delicious but the mashed potatoes were too little of a portion. The Kobe steak frites were tasty and definitely a dish we will order again. We had to wait though for almost one hour for our main course, which we did not appreciate.Special Features:
- Beautiful spot on the water.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/16/2011Beautiful spot on the water. Food was just OK though.Special Features:
- THIS DINNER WAS FOR BIRTHDAYOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/12/2011THIS DINNER WAS FOR BIRTHDAY FOR MY DAUGHTER AND FOR BORTHDAY OF WIFE'S FREND WHO IS 93 YEARS OLD LADY. WE TOOK 5 COUSE, THAT WAS VERY NICE MENUE AND ALL DELICIOUS. BITHDAY DESSERTS FOR BOTH ARE ON THE HOUSE AND BEOUTIFUL AND ALSO DELICIOUS CAKES/DESSERT, AND THIS WAS FIRST TIME DINNER AT MAISON RIZ, BUT IT WAS VERY NICE EXPERIENCE FOR US.Special Features:
- Always a satisfying experience...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/10/2011Six of us for dinner. We all enjoyed a great meal. We ordered the braised pork belly, angus rib eye, crusted sea bass (2), special fish of the day, and one ordered the dungeness crab salad with a sushi roll. The presentation was well done and fun. Three of us added the appetizer, salad, and desert for $20... a nice way to compliment our entrees. The rib eye was nicely marbled and delicious. The sea bass and pork belly were melt in your mouth delicate, just perfectly prepared. The sauces were very light and tasty, nicely complimenting and enhancing the entree. The fish of the day, salad, Alaska roll were great. We enjoyed nice conversation, nice company; we received great service... we all highly recommend Maison Riz!Special Features:
- JAPANESE /FRENCH COMBO WINNER!!!GoddessOfDarkChocolateDined on 6/1/2011This was our 49th Wedding Annivesary dinner... and it was fabulous...!!!... We watched the sun slowly set over the crashing surf as we enjoyed an exquisite meal from sushi, to Kobe beef filet, topped off with a green tea tiramisu... WOW...!!!... Our server, Sumaytee, 'bent over backwards' with fabulous attentive service... He explained each dish as it was elegantly presented... Don't be afraid of the unlikely combo of French/Japanese fusion... It's a winner...!!!Special Features:
- Go once, you will go back again!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/28/2011What a fabulous meal we had! From the moment we arrived until we stepped out we felt not only welcomed, but invited. Our table was oceanside, so the view was truly incomparable. Our server was not only attentive and knowledgable but friendly as well. The food was superb and far exceeded any expectations. We will tell our friends....and we will retyurn...often! Honestly a memorable meal and evening! Lynn and Doug TaylorSpecial Features:
- the shrimp ravioli was exceptionalcatnipVIPDined on 5/28/2011the shrimp ravioli was exceptional as was the dungeoness crab entre salad,service great,very nice view,best ive seen in the area in resturants.Special Features:
- The service was very pleasurable.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2011The service was very pleasurable. I had made a comment on opentable that we were celebrating our anniversary for that reservation and the service was wrapped around that. The server even greeted us happy anniversary upon greetings and they had tried their best to make it as romantic as possible. I would come back to this restaurant again. Hopefully sooner. The view was amazing, i think all the tables had views of the beach.Special Features: