1032 Swarthmore Ave.
Pacific Palisades, CA 90272Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maison-giraud.com/
- Phone: 3104597561x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Tues - Fri: 8:00am - 11:00am
Lunch: Tues - Fri: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Tues - Sun: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Sat - Sun: 8:00am - 2:30pm
Bakery: Tues - Sun: 8:00am - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Alain Giraud
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Cafe, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Maison Giraud
A nice espresso, a crispy and warm croissant, a light and healthy lunch, a snack in the afternoon, a delicious dish ready-packed to bring home, a beautiful selection of French home accessories, an evening with friends, food and wine, will be a few of the offerings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Maison Giraud - Best Restaurants in Pacific Palisades ›
Maison Giraud reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (26)great for outdoor dining (18)romantic (15)special occasion (15)great for lunch (13)notable wine list (11)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (9)good for groups (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Never disappoints!RJ10VIPDined on 8/31/2014This place is getting better and better. It never disappoints. Food is excellent, service is fast and friendly.Special Features:
- Could have been BetteHoneybeeDined on 8/29/2014Monk fish needed more flavoring. Our waiter was inexperienced, very timid and uninspired! Should have told us about the chocolate soufflé before wegot the dessert menu as it takes 22 mins.Special Features:
- Five star dining!Johndc13Dined on 8/28/2014Maison Giraud is my favorite restaurant by far. The breakfast and brunch are stupendous: the eggs done exquisitely, and the French toast subtle and unique with hints of orange, the pastries exceptional. The dinners (We were there for the Provençal dinner which was part of Chef Giraud's year long exploration of French regional cooking.) are expertly prepared and wonderfully presented. The dishes are at once inventive and comforting, and the suggested wine pairings spot on. When one stops to consider what one often receives at a restaurant for $20-30, one quickly realizes that his tasting menu is one of the best deals in the city. If one splits the wine pairings with one's dining partner, the value doubles. Pretention is nonexistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- World class food, friendly localefinedinerDined on 8/21/2014What a treat to have Chef Giraud's cuisine at reasonable prices in a friendly, understated setting. Filet mignon with Bordelaise sauce was perfectly cooked and delicious. Ditto for the scallops--upmost places over cook them and they become touch but not here. Great wine list at very reasonable prices. Didn't have the renowned soufflé this time but it took incredible willpower.Special Features:
- A great local French restaurantPaligirlDined on 8/21/2014We had a leisurely and delicious meal recently at Maison Giraud in Pacific Palisades. It was a warm evening so we dined on the outdoor patio. We started with the Flat Tart with rocchetta cheese and mission figs. I chose Chicken Catherine which was wonderfully moist and tender. The Roasted Duck Filet with figs was also delicious. We ordered the chocolate souffle for dessert, of course! It's the best! Jay, the maitre d' chose an excellent wine to complement the meal. The service was great as always. We are so lucky to have Alain Giraud in this neighborhood.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/16/2014Had an outstanding meal Sunday night. Great service and incredible food. Chablis was fabulous and thanks for the recommendation.Special Features:
- A mixed blessingYankeeDined on 8/7/2014I went for the special offering of oysters. They were small but fresh and good. I missed the finger bowl which is typically provided with these messy critters. Although olive bread was served, I think a crusty French bread or baguette would have been a more appropriate match. I had to ask for coffee, but it was served cold and no refills were offered.Special Features:
- Palisades moodSTWLJWDined on 8/2/2014We needed a halfway point from OC and Westlake to meet. Swarthmore is a very comfortable quiet off-of-Sunset "business" street in the Palisades. Reviews from OT were good. The mood was even better than the reviews; we split our time inside and outside. Inside was a very Edith Piaf feel with music, and outside was a warm peaceful summer evening with no real traffic. The zucchini "flowers" with goat cheese were excellent as were the scallops in the "comfort pot" and the steak frites. For those of us who have zoned out on "creamy/oaky" California chardonnays, their house French chardonnay is wonderfully dry and minerally. It all feels right. Go for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014Delicious food, fantastic 5star service. They were so gracious and accommodating with my toddler and I was able to enjoy a fabulous meal with my family! The scallops are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go French in Pacific PalisadesgastronomeVIPDined on 7/26/2014Whether living in Pacific Palisades or elsewhere, this authentic and reasonably-priced gem should be your destination soon. An elegant feeling even in it's casualness and varied menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinnerBetterthanFranceVIPDined on 7/22/2014We just returned from a family trip to the south of France and, although we did not have a view of the med, the food we had at Maison Giraud was honestly better than any of the dinners we had on our trip (and, more importantly, we didn't have to travel 14 hours to get there). We sat at an outdoor table which was shaded and comfortable and even though the restaurant was crowded (it was a Tuesday night) we had no problems with noise. Also - on Tuesday nights, bottles were 1/2 price. Thanks Jay P for a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurantfood10Dined on 7/12/2014Four of us had dinner at Maison Giraud on Saturday night. The restaurant was crowded but not unpleasant. Astonishingly, very few patrons were on their cell phones... Simple and elegant decor. We ate a LOT. 4 appetizers, 4 entrees, 4 desserts, 2 bottles of wine. Every dish was quite good, scallops are delicious, best gazpacho I've ever tasted. Only disappointment was the spring vegetable risotto. It was hot or even warm, flavorless and undercooked. The bread is even delicious. Good wine list, but Wine lis a bit over priced. Even for LA. We will return...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food!PalilisaDined on 7/11/2014Wonderful French food!!! Great service!y. The lobster salad was really great and the chocolate soufflé was out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousKathyVIPDined on 7/6/2014The scallop chef's creation of the day was totally delicious as was the chicken with Peruvian potatoes. The French wines were superlative and we were encouraged to taste a few before selecting. Impeccable service. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- BigmurVIPDined on 6/28/2014Fabulous!! Great chef. Wonderful specials. Excellent parking in rear. Banquettes are always comfortable.
- A wonderful experience!bbfoodieDined on 6/27/2014We chose the restaurant for our anniversary and were greeted with a smile and 2 glasses of Taittinger champagne! Very nice touch!! The waiter was gracious and attentive, and helpful with recommendations. The Maître D', although very busy, made a point of stopping at our table to offer an ample taste of a special salad he had made for another party. Our meal (duck "Cocotte" and chicken dish) was excellent and the chocolate soufflé (a signature dessert to be ordered 20 minutes ahead) was the perfect way to end our celebration dinner. We'll come back.Special Features:
- SteveVIPDined on 6/21/2014A real fine dining experience in a low-key, understated venue. Truly a westside center for culinary joys from France.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in the PalisadesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/25/2014Maison Giraud is everything you'd want in a neighborhood restaurant. Great food and a warm, friendly vibe from the staff. They greeted us as old friends the second time we dined there.Special Features:
- Excellence neighborhood restaurantRosechampDined on 5/24/2014The food was beyond expectations. Flavors, freshness, and quality if food were excellent. Chicken dish was juicy and delicious. Smoked salmon appetizer was the highest level. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday eveningjaowDined on 5/18/20146 friends dined after a delightful youth concert. Because there were few people that nite, we were able to talk to each other. The food was quite good. One of our friends ordered beer to accompany food, but there was none. I thought the wine prices were somewhat steep. I've been to the restaurant before, enjoyed the food, but it was too noisy. This evening we lucked out.
- Escape to FranceProvence42Dined on 5/17/2014It was a mini trip to Provence for us. Only wish we lived closer! 🍷Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINTEDTedCDined on 5/11/2014Having been at this restaurant during the day for nice meals, we were looking forward to a first time dinner. We asked for a table inside, but none was available. Instead we were put on a stand alone table next to the sidewalk. The food was OK and the table waiter was fine. Our complaint was with the seating arrangement and this probably resulted in an over sensitive judgment as to the whole event.Special Features:
- Delicious dinnerMPGrammyDined on 5/9/2014The salmon and steaks were outstanding. The lobster bisque was delicious but more watery than I would have expected. Lavender ice cream was fabulo us. Chocolate soufflé was amazing. We'd return in a minute!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 184 reviews are from the Maison Giraud reviews archive.
- Dinner with friends2arknw2Dined on 4/26/2014Saturday evening at Maison Giraud was a very pleasant experience. Everyone enjoyed their meal. I had the newyork steak, my husband had soup and salad and our friends had duck and chicken. we topped it off with 2 chocolate souffles. the noise level was low which made it easy to converse with each other. We will go back ASAP. By the way, service was good, also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific French Food on a Quiet StrSusanZDined on 4/24/2014We went for the Brittany tasting menu because my husband had lived there 30 years ago. We were surprised to find such great authentic cooking on a little unassuming street in the Palisades. Everything was cooked perfectly (scallops seared golden but tender inside; duck breat rare and rested). Sauces were delicious but not overwhelming. And the service was perfect--young, good-humores but discreet servers ready to answer questions (from other tables) about things like which sauce goes with which seafood offering on the seafood platter--without judgment or pretense. The wine pairing was also terrific and very reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New to the hood likeFrenchifiedDined on 4/6/2014We are new to the neighborhood and within walking distance to Maison Giraud. What a find this place was. We can't get enough. We eat there at least once every 2weeks. The kids get the steak and we work the specials. Wine list is modest but thorough. An overall delightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superlative Is Spelled GiraudOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014The best risotto of my life, and a delightful salad.Special Features:
- Always a nice experienceSilverpalateDined on 3/14/2014Wait staff is not up to the same high quality of the food. However the overall experience and food and chill vibe is a nice experience when you just want to relax with fine food, no pressure to hurry up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spotmeandmeDined on 3/7/2014This is my second time here and I have to say it was just as good the second time. The food was great, the waiter knew his stuff, the chef even made my son, who is a picky eater, a special plate that was delicious. If I had one knock this time, it was that it took a little long to get the food to the table...but once we got the food it was worth the wait. Definetly go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fare!LawsonDDined on 2/18/2014I love this place!! I keep coming back, and I catch myself craving Maison Giraud's delectable dishes. Great breakfast and dinner spot. The buttery croissants in the morning are the best anywhere, and their delicious egg dishes will really satisfy. Sunday is particularly happening, with the Farmers Market going on right alongside Maison's patio -- a perfect spot for people/celeb watching. At dinner, don't miss starting out with the French Onion soup or the Lobster Bisque, both superb, and the steak and chicken dishes always satisfy for an entree. The duck here is excellent, as well. Many great sides and appetizers round out a top notch menu, and the wine list goes deep. Great date spot, but also fun for groups. Enjoy this Palisades gem.Special Features:
- valentine's dinnerhogtieDined on 2/15/2014took my wife and one of my daughters and enjoyed a great meal and great service. i'll go bakc in the near futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, great atmospherepalyfoodieVIPDined on 2/8/2014Maison Giraud is a real gem. Highly recommended to Palisades folks, and everyone else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All-around great.meandmeDined on 2/7/2014This was my first time at Maison and I have to say I was really impressed. I had the duck and it was beautifully done. One thing that I really appreciated was that it was the perfect amount of food on the plate. I'm sure there are people who want more, but for me I'm tired of plates overfilled with food. I didn't stuff myself and I had room for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- France in the PalisadesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/4/2014This lovely French restaurant has one of the best chefs on the country and one of the best pastry chefs in the country as well. It's amazing to find this level of quality in a neighborhood eatery. We are very lucky.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great French foodJoanDined on 1/17/2014Everything well prepared. Steak, duck, coq au vin and the chocolate souffle were all terrific. Attentive service but not overbearing.Special Features:
- A disappointment....OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 1/10/2014This was our 3rd try at Maison Giraud and I really want to love this place. I recall the glory days of fabulous bistro fare at Anisette under Chef Giraud's direction . The chef's special, cassoulet, had fava beans that were undercooked and there were barely 2 bites of sausage and duck in the serving. The flavor was bland. In tasting my dinner-mates dishes, the salmon was average and the steak frites was only ok. The chocolate soufflé was delicious. It was also odd to be seated by the host and not given menus. After more than 5 minutes, we requested them along with beverages. Sorry to say, this place has struck out in our book.
- Great food but just too brightlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/4/2014Great food but just too brightly lit for a comfortable dining experience. Tables a little stiff as well.
- Refined dining experienceOlivDined on 12/26/2013The cooking was perfect in terms of preparation, doneness, ingredients, seasoning abd presentation. The desserts were original and light and not too sweet. Service was flawless. i make you want to come back and try the other dishes on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantdoceliotDined on 12/22/2013As usual, we came here for my wife's birthday dinner. As usual, the food and drink was excellent. We like to sit outside with the heaters and I usually have the pistachio nougat glace for dessert. Wine pairing suggestions are always on the mark. We continue to love this place and are proud to have it in our Palisades community.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A small menu, but one thatPeterVIPDined on 12/7/2013A small menu, but one that is well balanced and with perfectly prepared food. The portions are adequate, the wine list is fairly balanced, though the corkage fee at $20 is high for this type of restaurant. This is an excellent neighborhood type of restaurant with repeat clientele. It is quiet and relaxed, giving you the opportunity to have an enjoyable dinner with whom every you're with. Highly recommended.Special Features: