3010 S. Dixie Hwy
West Palm Beach, FL 33405Neighborhood:
West Palm Beach
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.maisoncarlos.com/
- Phone: 5616596524
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies)
A word from Maison Carlos
Maison Carlos is a continental restaurant with an emphasis on French and Italian cuisine. Carlos and Lanie Farias opened Maison Carlos in December of 2002. After seven years on Clematis Street in downtown West Palm Beach, the couple made the decision to move their establishment a couple miles south to the El Cid neighborhood. They wanted a smaller restaurant with more of a neighborhood vibe. The new space has only eleven tables and is open for dinner only. Carlos is there every night, seating people, taking orders and is very hands on. Being open only for dinner Carlos spends his days shopping for the restaurant, selecting only the freshest ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Maison Carlos - Best Restaurants in West Palm Beach ›
Maison Carlos reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)fit for foodies (10)romantic (9)special occasion (9)late-night find (5)notable wine list (5)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- What happened to Maison Carlos?OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/15/2014A formerly enjoyable restaurant has lost its way. Dull, unimaginative food in a plain setting. Almost no one there on a Monday evening. Guess they already knew what we discovered.
- First time disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014My friend and I arrived at 6 and at 7:30 had watched a big table come in, get service, salad, and all entrees before we even had a salad! There were no apologies when I nicely mentioned it. We were there until about 9! I really was dumbfounded as I go there often and have sent other people. 2 2- tops also came in after us and were served first. Insulting.Special Features:
- A wonderful experienceGaryVIPDined on 8/29/2014I could not find anything that was not at the level of excellence. Of all of the restaurants I eat. This is been the most consistent with the owner, service and food being the best, especially at these prices.Special Features:
- always FantsicOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014Wish I were in town more often. This place never fails to make me happy. Love the food love the staff. they never cease to amaze me with their consistency,Special Features:
- disapointingisabel165Dined on 8/2/2014I have to say that the best was the service . Impecable and very nice people . The food was not bad , but definitely not gourmet standard. I had a veal piccata - did not taste like lemon and was way to greasy and thicken with flower you could taste .Special Features:
- Great find in West Palm BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2014Carlos and his team serve delicious food in a warm and inviting environment. A staple for our Palm Beach outings whether dinner for 2 or friends or family.Special Features:
- So good so reliablechowVIPDined on 7/18/2014This is a neighbor hood favorite of ours and we are there at least once a month.Special Features:
- Never missesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/1/2014This place always nails it Guaranteed great food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Summer special pricesBarbiethebakerVIPDined on 6/18/2014We arrived in time to take advantage of B1G1 dinner special, but they gave us a hard time. It put a damper on an otherwise lovely evening with delicious food.
- Always excellent food and ambiance!NanaPoppyVIPDined on 6/3/2014Carlos and his staff welcome guests as if each is special! The care and effort are extended to each patron! The quality and presentation of the food is consistently outstanding! Save room for dessert!Special Features:
- Better than everOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014The food service all five star I have been out of town and not visited as much as I would have liked In all my travels this winter hard to find aspot that compares with maison Carlos in over all presentation quality and service And just plain fun You have to goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 132 reviews are from the Maison Carlos reviews archive.
- Find a new chefAjoy2bVIPDined on 5/23/2014We were scanning open table for a new place to go when we found Maison Carlos. We were served a plate of zucchini chips which were yummy. Then we started with a beet salad that was really good. But it went downhill from there. My husband ordered a shrimp appetizer that was minuscule shrimp in a cloudy broth resembling dishwater. It was tasteless. We went for the roasted chicken that was so tough you couldn't cut it. Their saving grace - they did have a decent wine list.
- Neighborhood GemRickyDined on 5/6/2014We had a wonderful round table. All of us took advantage of the Tuesday night Pasta Special ($10) and everyone loved their pasta dish. Service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small venue, nice serviceCweiss1281VIPDined on 4/19/2014Food was good, not great. Tiny restaurant. Servers are attentive, brought complimentary Limoncello after dinner. Nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special attention. Felt like homeoscgorDined on 4/15/2014The menus is not extensive, but they offer great variety. The food is amazing and has great presentation. The staff is professional and Carlos the host is very attentive. One of my favorite restaurants. I recommend it to everybody.Special Features:
- Always a Great EveningCWilkinsonDined on 4/9/2014My wife and I always LOVE this perfect neighborhood restaurant. The service is the best and the food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciosOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/7/2014My husband and I had a wonderful dinner Monday evening. I can imagine that if the restaurant is completely filled it will be quite noisy. That is the only reservation that I might have about the restaurant. The food decor and service were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visitcarolef2VIPDined on 3/29/2014Recommended highly to us by friends. Small friendly establishment with a gracious host who acknowledged our special occasion with complementary glasses of wine. Scallopini di Vitello Picatta was good but rather bland - I prefer the classic lemon, butter and white wine reduction to the creamy sauce served here. Linguini allá Vongole was good quality, but also rather bland. Special starters ordered were excellent: Beef carpaccio topped by arugala salad with lemon and shavings of Parmesan cheese; Caprese salad made with high quality fresh mozzarella and vine ripe tomatoes. We would definitely return again!I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/25/2014Took family from out of town. Food service excellent . Everyone pleased with the vairiety on the menu. No one was diappointed. I have been several times and am always Happy HappySpecial Features:
- Never disappointedDiningoutVIPDined on 3/22/2014Food is always delicious and service attentive! The Lobster mac n' cheese is amazing !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always very goodPapapatVIPDined on 3/21/2014Again and again we have had a wonderful dining experience at Maison Carlos. Brought friends from Chicago who raved as well. A Palm Beach County gem.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant in PBFoodfanDined on 3/14/2014We've dined @ Maison Carlos about 15 times in the past year. We've always had delicious food and fabulous service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Neighborhood OptionDocnickDined on 3/13/2014Another good neighborhood option for dining out in an area that lacks a truly outstanding eating establishment. My fish was good with an imaginative side of potatoes and vegetable. My wife found the key lime pie OUTSTANDING. In general good, but not great. A safe bet.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maison CarlosBarryDined on 2/25/2014Had Beef Wellington and it was terrific. Everyone was pleased.Special Features:
- I love the intimacy of this8greatVIPDined on 2/22/2014I love the intimacy of this place. You can actually carry on a conversation because the noise level is moderate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/12/2014Excellent food and service the veal was perfect and the lobster Mac and cheese was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible findPickyPixieVIPDined on 2/8/2014We went there for the first time the other night and were skeptical to what it would be like just by looking at the outside, it looks like it's nothing special; once inside we were absolutely amazed, it was so wonderful and quaint! The service was extremely friendly with good sense of humor and the food was outstanding. We'ee definitely be returning on a regular basis!Special Features:
- Wonderfully consistantReddDined on 2/6/2014Maison Carlos remains one of the few restaurants where I am never disappointed in the food or service. The menu offers something for all. The wait staff is attentive without being over bearing. Always a great meal and wonderful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING FOOD, EVEN BETTER FOODOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2014Love this place! Great feel, food prepared with care and attention. And to top it off, we never had less than three people providing service to our table..very attentive service.Special Features:
- Always very goodjlminvVIPDined on 1/15/2014Carlos and his staff are always almost perfect. The food was delicious. This is one of our favorite spots and it always delivers.Special Features:
- The food was wonderful - theFirstDined on 1/4/2014The food was wonderful - the puttanesca was delicious and well presented . The other 5 diners were also pleased with their dinners. The only problem was a very shaky table that took too long to adjust, otherwise, the service was also very good. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maison Carlos: An Island Findcharles12Dined on 12/28/2013Great food in a convenient location. Indeed food fit for the island. Wonderful warm service and an eclectic menu of French Bistro and Italian Cuisine.Special Features:
- Best Value in Palm BeachCapitanSourceVIPDined on 12/28/2013Worth Ave. food without the price or the snobbery. Palm Beach restaurants and waitstaff take note. Been to Maison Carlos many times. always had a great meal. Just simply great food at a fair price. Owner on premises is very attentive. Head waiter is friendly and processional. Comfortable, minimalist dining room. Easy parking on street. Perhaps our favorite restaurant in the Palm Beaches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstanding..Nexi1VIPDined on 12/23/2013We go to Maison Carlos often as the food is always consistently great, the extensive wine list is terrific and the service is excellent. Carlos always greets his guests with a smile. The menu has specials that are always exciting. The beef wellington was superb, as was the trout and the pasta with mussels. The zucchini chips that are brought to each table at the beginning of the meal are delicious. We love this restaurant and look forward to many return visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm, unpretentious, elegant....NanaPoppyVIPDined on 12/21/2013Delicious food with beyond conscientious service! Always welcoming and excellent in every way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food in an simpleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/19/2013Very good food in an simple setting. Linen table cloths and professional service. Itg;s a small room and as a result the menu was limited but everyone agreed the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/19/2013Beautiful and Festive for the Holiday, Food Fabulous, Carlos and staff the BestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemMbaflyboyVIPDined on 11/27/2013A perfect spot. Owner/chef/host Carlos and his friendly staff pull together a great meal with a fresh menu that is simple and delicious. The unassuming location and clean simple feel of the restaurant make it even more special. No better description is possible than "neighborhood gem."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a superb evening!NanaPoppyVIPDined on 11/6/2013Carlos and his team make everyone feel comfortable.....regular patrons; and, new customers! Menu is consistently wonderful. Divine fried zucchini to enjoy with your wine! Save room for the excellent key lime pieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service. BringmillDined on 11/6/2013Outstanding service. Bring your own wine on Wednesdays with no corkage is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.