2605 Gulf of Mexico Drive
Longboat Key, FL 34228Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.themaisonblanche.com/
- Phone: (941) 383-8088
- Hours of Operation:
OPEN for dinner every evening, EXCEPT Mondays.*
A deposit of $50 per person for party of 7 and above.
*On Mondays Chef Jose Martinez offers personalized grocery shopping and cooking classes in Your Homes. So please make a reservation for either or both!! The culinary experience will surely make you a regular.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, French
- Executive Chef: Jose Martinez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Maison Blanche
The Prix Fixe Dinner
A special selection of Maison Blanche fare
$65 per person plus tax and gratuity
New Year's Eve :
Prix fixe festive menu of 7 courses at $160 excluding tax and tip.
Seating 6PM and 9PM
A word from Maison Blanche
Praised by foodies and visitors as Sarasota’s best, the chef had a Michelin Star for his Paris restaurant, made semifinalists James Beard Foundation for Best Chef (South) in 2010, a Longboat Key leading Zagat food rating of 27 and #1 " French cuisine" in the area with 96% of positive survey . The room is designed by award winning architect, Franck Hammoutene, a striking contemporary white minimalism accented by gray leather seating. The wine list has an award of excellence and the dining room and staff is overseen by wife Victoria who, with impeccable grace and care, attends to every detail, matching her husband’s passion for perfection. Maison Blanche offers progressive French cuisine, a savory balance of classical French cookery with modern American influences. Your Maison Blanche occasion is brought to life in a sophisticated menu featuring “Farm & Field to Table” local ingredients as available. Your Maison Blanche dinner, a truly memorable experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Maison Blanche - Best Restaurants in Longboat Key ›
Maison Blanche reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)fit for foodies (38)romantic (32)notable wine list (20)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always amazing..KBS4Dined on 11/20/2014Incredible French food with slight Florida flair. Worth the splurge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding eveningRoger1999Dined on 11/15/2014Not only was the food fabulous, the entire staff seemed dedicated to making our evening enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb in every way!VeniceDinerDined on 11/12/2014Our dinner at Maison Blanche was wonderful from start to finish - the ambiance, service, food, all were perfect as always. We love that they are very flexible with their menu - allowing you to mix dishes from the a la carte and prix fixe menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulFrequentDinerVIPDined on 11/7/2014Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. An absolute treat. What more can I saySpecial Features:
- Paris on Longboat KeyCMCNJ2FLDined on 10/30/2014This is a special occasion restaurant. Fine French food beautifully served. The apple tart is not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- difficult to findflwomanDined on 10/29/2014No sign on the street makes this place hard to find. It is worth the effort. Excellent food and good service with a first class wine list. I thought it too brightly lit, but mature woman prefer less light. Frankly, the decor is boring, but that is not a major complaint. If you go be prepared to spend quite a bit. It is on the high end pricewiseSpecial Features:
- Excellent food but service not soAstiVIPDined on 10/24/2014We really enjoyed our meals but felt we missed out because our waiter was slow and didn't explain alternatives to desserts that had sold out. We had to hear another waiter inform the table next to us-disappointing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food horrendous atmosphereFoodislifeDined on 10/24/2014If you,like dining in a cave or conference room this is the place for you. The food and service we're good but at thaeir price I expect a nice atmosphere as well. This is on the beach at LBK, but it was in an old condo and the room had curtains drawn around every window (probably facing parking lot), the tables were close and it was very dreary and "old". Too bad because they have a good product, but would never go back.Special Features:
- Exquisite as always.anikoDined on 10/22/2014Best restaurant on Florida's west coast! We wish we lived closer. They serve real ingredients of the highest quality, in an elegant setting. The service is perfect. Unlike too many restaurants who think that "bedroom light" equates "ambiance", at La Maison Blanche there is sufficient light to admire the chef's creations yet the ambiance is there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceKellyDined on 10/19/2014Food was the best we've had in Sarasota and the service was great but discrete. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014Enjoyed excellent dinner - entries, appetizers, and dessert. Foie gras was excellent - wife's prime rib was great - my filet mignon was mouthwatering - intimate setting for a romantic dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than Fabulous!bitsandpiecesVIPDined on 10/15/2014We visit Maison Blanche about three times a year when we are vacationing on Longboat Key. The food is consistently excellent, the atmosphere calming and the wait staff professional and kind. This past week, the food was, if possible, even more delicious than on previous occasions. The tomato tart is outstanding, my filet mignon melted in my mouth, the halibut was buttery and delicious, and their signature apple tart was amazing. We had many good meals in the Sarasota/Longboat Key/Anna Maria Island area, but this was by far the best. Absolutely wonderful on every level.Special Features:
- Best French restauant in the areaVoilaDined on 10/8/2014The food and the service are equivalent to any French restaurant with a two-star Michelin recommendation.Special Features:
- Outstanding experienceClaudieVIPDined on 10/4/2014Never expected the experience we had at Maison Blanche! It was elegant, the food was incredible, the service impeccable! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- francophileDined on 10/1/2014This is the finest restaurant we have been at in the Longboat/Anna Maria area. The food is of the highest quality, service was simply outstanding and the wine list exceptional. This place is all about the food & wine. We went here for our 32nd anniversary and will definitely return. A wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Amazingly talented chefCelsusDined on 9/21/2014Jose is the real deal! My husband and I have been going to Maison Blanche for more than 7 years. We cherish this place for its European ambiance and the creativity of each plate. Every menu item is spectacular and Jose's seared fois gras is the best we have had...anywhere! The intermezzo's are a surprising delight every time and his home made truffle's are the sweet treat to end quite a dining experience. This restaurant is not just a place to eat... It is truly an experience. It is a must to try and will soon be your favorite special place. We will always be impressed by the chef's amazing talent and how outstanding the service is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French ClassicACraigVIPDined on 9/20/2014We've dined at Maison Blanche three times now, and each time seems to surpass the previous time. Chef Martinez is a gifted chef who puts a contemporary approach to classic dishes. Victoria at the front of the house is a gem, making sure that every diner is welcomed and treated with superb service. If you seek a dining experience unlike any other in the area, make Maison Blanche on your must-do list.Special Features:
- Best Sarasota for special occasionswineguyDined on 9/10/2014The food is good by world class standards and excellent by Sarasota standards (very weak competition). Presentation, plating, outstanding service, a good wine list with fair-for-restaurant prices and refined ambiance elevates the experience to the best in Sarasota. The food is well-prepared and presented. It's a blend of modern preparation combined with traditional European reliance on a little too much butter, so a little heavy, but still delicious overall. Expensive, but appropriately so. A good wine list with a few gems. Really (unfortunately) the only restaurant in Sarasota with fine, professional service and an understanding of what a top restaurant experience should be. Worth a try.Special Features:
- Beach girlNicebitesDined on 8/21/2014Dinner was exquisite! Especially recommend the short ribs and the warm foie gras. Service was thoughtful and presentation lovely. All in all, it was a perfect meal. We shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Makes any Occasional a Special Oneuflaw82VIPDined on 8/21/2014Every now and then, it is good to be reminded that there is a difference between eating and dining. Maison Blanche matches a professional wait staff with beautifully plated and well-prepared cuisine. During this first visit, the wine list included a few of my favorites at only about $20 over what I've paid at retail - in essence the corkage fee that I've paid at other fine restaurants that allow BYOB. While the activities at the other tables showed this to be a special occasion restaurant, it also made for a memorable evening for a recent dinner with friends. We'll be coming back.Special Features:
- DisappointedCal62VIPDined on 8/16/2014We were expecting a dining room with a view since it's on the beach but instead we had a view of white curtains. Also, as first time diners, we asked the waiter for recomendations - he said "it's all good" and then smirked and added "I guess that doesn't help much." What we wanted was some better descriptions of the food items than the menu offered. The menu stated there was a $4 charge for shared plates - be warned that applies to appetizers and desserts, not just entrees. To be fair, the food was well prepared but it certainly did not live up to the expectations created by other reviews. We've had much better meals at many restaurants near our home in Winter Park, Fl. So, we will not be returning to this reataurant.
- Amazing!KBS4Dined on 8/16/2014This was our third visit and we can't wait to come back again. This is amazing french food with a florida twist. The soufflé for dessert is my favorite.Special Features:
- The following 273 reviews are from the Maison Blanche reviews archive.
- Expensive, and worth it.poolmantdhDined on 6/21/2014There is a reason some restaurants are more expensive than others: World class ingredients and classically trained staff are not cheap. Go here for one of those once in a lifetime, tell your grandkids about it romantic dinners. Foodies will get a little tear in their eye from the sheer joy of spending time here.Special Features:
- Wonderful AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/20/2014We became aware of this French restaurant on a special that Emeril had on TV. It is a very special place ; couldn't believe we had not been there before as it is on Long Boat Key and we live on Anna Maria Island.We felt as though we were dining in France. Our hostess and waiter were both French and the owner/chef use to own a restaurant in Paris. The food was delicious and the ambiance both beautiful and sophisticated. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:
- Fathers Day OutMarvinVIPDined on 6/14/2014My wife took me out for Fathers day we had the shrimp/Lobster Pasta on the Fix Price Menu with appetizers and dessert. The meal was great. My only disappointment was in the very limited selection of wine by the glassSpecial Features:
- Superb dining experienceindulgeDined on 6/7/2014Beautiful décor, innovative table setting, excellent cuisine and impeccable service.Special Features:
- Love this Place!HappyDinerDined on 6/1/2014By far the best restaurant on the Gulf Coast. If in the area, Maison Blanche is a must for a "foodie" dining destination. If not in the area, it is certainly worth the trip. Derek BarnesSpecial Features:
- Exquisite!CaitlionDined on 5/25/2014'Exquisite' and 'delicious' sound flat when used to describe Maison Blanche -- it is truly a memorable dining experience that I recommend heartily. The care that is put into all of the dishes extends to the atmosphere to the restaurant itself with beautiful centerpieces and good service. It's one of those places where you can be adventurous with your dining options because it's all going to be delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialDeParisDined on 5/16/2014Maison Blanche holds a special place among Sarasota restaurants. In a class of its own when it comes to "class". Not pretentious, not ostentatious, but simply very very good food in a beautiful, quiet setting, with excellent service.Special Features:
- Best food I've ever hadgaylordDined on 5/16/2014Went there for our 33rd year anniversary after seeing it on Emeril's show on good Florida restaurants. Victoria was our waitress and she was incredible. Attentive with great suggestions. The food was exquisite, especially the Suckling Pig. Would go again in a heart beat. A little hidden gem in Sarasota.Special Features:
- OutstandingFLFoodieDined on 5/15/2014We had the most incredible dining experience at Maison Blanche. The atmosphere, service and food are beyond compare. Not one course stood out as better than the other because all were outstanding. Starting with the saffron rissotto with muscles; the main course of short rib in honey ginger sauce with a side of whipped potatoes and ending with the apple tart with apple sorbet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maison Blanche is a jewelAliceDined on 5/11/2014on Longboat Key and the Sarasota area. The staff is welcoming, the setting is minimalist and sophisticated, and the food and wine are outstanding. Maison Blanche is a lovely place for a special evening.Special Features:
- High Praise - Hidden GemTheSeriousFoodieDotNetVIPDined on 5/3/2014There is nothing like this restaurant in our area - and it probably the top restaurant in FL. Chef Martinez has incredible credentials, working with some legendary French chefs - and his technique and presentation reflect his experience. Each item is meticulously prepared, and the service is what you would expect from a high-end restaurant - and we especially enjoy the hospitality of Chef Martinez's wife Victoria. We selected some of the chef's specials: octopus, fois gras and risotto (appetizers), and the most amazing piece of beef - a roasted, bone-in chateaubriand. The beef was moist and silky, with a deep rich flavor. We selected a 2008 Staglin cabernet sauvignon - a very hard to get bottle. It was a bottle to remember forever.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in SarasotaMartinDined on 4/27/2014We have dined here several times and have always found the food,service and ambience to be outstanding. We think this is the finest restaurant in the area and take our special guests there for a true dining experience.Special Features:
- Superb as usualLucy34860Dined on 4/25/2014I have eaten here many times. The food and service are always spectacular. Brought three friends that had never eaten here before and they said it was fantastic and exceeded their expectations. The best restaurant in Longboat Key!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back for the third timeBubbaDined on 4/23/2014This is the best restaurant (food, service, ambience) there is in Greater Sarasota and maybe even Tampa. Nothing more to say. Except the service is high quality but NOT snooty - friendly, warm, but respectful of your privacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oui ChefCHFJBDined on 4/22/2014Excellent meal, great service and sophisticated decor. We felt like we we're dining in NY. Suckling pig was perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing again!KBS4Dined on 4/13/2014Our second visit and it was even better than the first. Our server, Martin was attentive and knowledgable. His wine recommendation was excellent (and one of the cheapest options on the menu)! The food is amazing, worth every cent. Save room for soufflé.Special Features:
- hidden gembluelambDined on 4/9/2014This restaurant never disappoints. You will feel like you are dining in a 5 star French restaurant. Sauces are light and inventive. A must dine when in Sarasota area.Special Features:
- Elegant RestaurantMikeFLCTDined on 4/5/2014My wife and I shared a special occasion. We had heard little of Maison Blanche, but is one of our friends favorite. I can understand why he is so impressed. We decided to use the Prix Fixe Menu. There were many different choices, but you are also allowed to take any plate of the a la carte menu. Each dish was excellently prepared and presented. The mine that we paired was from a well known vintner and moderately priced. Our server was expert on the dishes, knowing the dishes and preparation. I would highly recommend Maison Blanche for a special occasion. The only drawback was the ambiance that has very tasteful décor, but is muted with a white drapery surrounding the room. This was not a big deal, but I would enjoy a Gulf view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.