Main Street Grill
118 E. Main St.
Round Rock, TX 78664Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Main Street Grill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.rrmainstreetgrill.net/home
- Phone: 5122447525
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - Last reservation at 8:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - Last reservation at 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Ignachio, Fransico, Michael
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For private dining we offer two options that are available by telephone reservation only. The first option is called The Vault. Our location, having been a bank twice in it's history, offers the opportunity to dine in an authentic bank vault. We have converted the vault into a wine cellar and unique dining experience for everyone. The Vault seats up to 6 and reservations are highly recommended for lunch and dinner. The second option is a larger private dining room located at the rear of the restaurant, away from the conversations and music of the main dining room. Dining in this room provides a quiet atmosphere for business meetings and dinner parties. A server is designated for this room when reserved and is there for your party only. This room is by telephone reservation only. Maximum seating for this room is 16 guests. Reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance. A $50 room fee is applied for parties fewer than 10 guests. Set menu options are available.
- Private Party Contact: Main Street Grill 5122447525
A word from Main Street Grill
Welcome to Main Street Grill, located in the heart of historic downtown Round Rock, Texas, just minutes from Austin. Our kitchen offers a Texas-inspired contemporary American menu; our culinary team takes pride in working together to create recipes inspired by Central Texas that add fresh takes to proven staples. Our Historic Building boasts a natural, intimate charm of its own. The century-aged doors that you enter, the warmth of the refurbished wood finishings and the grand windows that line our dining room all contribute to its inviting character. Our warm professional waitstaff provide a fun and cozy environment where you can genuinely feel right at home, as you are part of our Main Street Grill Family. And the food... well.... it’s amazing!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Main Street Grill - Best Restaurants in Round Rock ›
Main Street Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (29)neighborhood gem (24)romantic (24)fit for foodies (19)great for lunch (14)notable wine list (10)good for groups (6)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Twice as Nice!M2KatVIPDined on 9/17/2014Brought clients in for lunch, had such an excellent special, brought the wife back for dinner so she could enjoy. Come on, you know you've done that too!Special Features:
- Consistently deliciousGeorgetownDinerDined on 9/16/2014I took my wife here for our first date. We enjoyed the food and atmosphere so much that I brought her here to propose marriage. We celebrate every wedding anniversary by eating in the vault. The service is always fantastic and the food is always unbelievably delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in Old Town Round RockgvrbaVIPDined on 9/13/2014Was my companion's first time to try Main Street Grill. We were fortunate enough to reserve the 4 top in the vault, which always makes the dinner more private and romantic. Samual was an attentive server, providing the knowledge of the menu and non-pushy service that is always nice. We split the chef special of salmon and crispy prawn. Was cooked to perfection and the presentation was awesome. We also had the strawberry salad, which provided a great contrast with the entree. All in all, another delightful experience at Main Street. While there are other restaurants offering fine food in Round Rock, I always find Mail Street to provide the private and romantic setting we're looking for.Special Features:
- Must return for more!wadeDined on 9/11/2014We had a wonderful evening at Main Street Grill. It's a very comfortable restaurant, nicely designed, very welcoming. Upscale, but warm and inviting. Our host and server were both friendly, helpful, not at all pushy or hurrying -- just very accomodating. The menu is diverse and full of a wide variety of great selections -- we labored over our choices. Our appetizers were delicious and generous. Our main courses were also generous, and out of this world great! That kitchen knows what it is doing! I can't wait to return.Special Features:
- pleasant surpriseOsoYummYDined on 9/5/2014We had not been here in years and had forgotten how much we enjoyed it. Fine dining close to home and great comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth another tryJ4107VIPDined on 8/26/2014While disappointed with my dinner, the service was outstanding and the staff was friendly and helpful. My wife and I tend to be very picky about the food and had a few minor complaints. However, the place is worth another try!Special Features:
- Good food but loud.DnotniceDined on 8/19/2014Food was good but we were looking for romance. It was just too loud to be intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is an old town jewel.LadieswhodineDined on 8/19/2014We enjoyed a nice weeknight dinner. The food was excellent and the waitstaff was very efficient. The menu is what you would expect at a big city restaurant, not a small town place. One of our diners has multiple food allergies and the chef was able to accommodate her needs. We will definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food for a high priceBUbearmDined on 8/18/2014The food was good, but not good enough for the price you paid. Also, I made reservations for 6:45 and somehow they lost my reservation and said it was for 5:45 contrary to my confirmation email. Thankfully there was not many people there so they we're still able to sets us. Our waiter was great, the food was good, and the ambiance was mediocre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to eatLovesNiteOutDined on 8/16/2014We are new to the area and found out about Main Street Grill through word of mouth. We had our dinner early in the evening, and it was not busy. My husband and I both ordered fish entrees, and they were delivered to our table piping hot. Both our meals were delicious. The dessert was large enough for us to share, and it was creative and simple. The waitstaff was friendly and made sure we were satisfied with our meal. I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to a friend.Special Features:
- Birthday'sZookaDined on 8/7/2014We had never been here but had heard good things. I put a note in that it was my husband's birthday and would like to be away from the kitchen traffic. They put us in the safe/wine cellar. What a delightful surprise. We loved it. It had the added benefit of being able to hear each other. The service was attentive with only one foray to get wine for someone else. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service with Ryan!DonM8618VIPDined on 8/6/2014We had a wonderful dinner with avocado crisp, warm spinach and brie, Southwestern pork loin, New York strip steak and pan-seared lamb with appropriate wines! Ryan was our server and did an outstanding job! We were able to sit in the vault area and celebrated a momentous birthday! We would certainly recommend the Main Street Grill to our family and friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go To SpotGJTomballDined on 8/6/2014When heading to Round Rock for business lunches this is my "go to" spot. Good food and ambiance, but reasonable prices. Overall a great value for the quality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Going Strong....M2KatVIPDined on 8/5/2014Constant improvements go a long way - keep it up! Thanks......Special Features:
- ShadyDined on 7/26/2014The food was delicious and well prepared. I have been several times and the service has been great, however this time our waitress was inattentive at best. Still overall enjoyable..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and BadOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014My entree was delicious, however husband's filet was under cooked and had to be sent back. The beef was not edible. Tough and chewy. Couldn't be eaten. This was our first visit to this restaurant, so may give it a second chance, but will definitely stay away from the filet mignon. To the restaurant's credit, they didn't charge us for the filet, but my husband's birthday dinner was very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does Not Disappoint....M2KatVIPDined on 7/16/2014Not easy keeping up the quality and service year after year. Updated menu items Rock!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SnootyFoodieDined on 6/27/2014The restaurant was less crowded than expected for a Friday night. It was quiet and we enjoyed being able to talk during dinner. Service was good. Food was on the level expected. The lamb was cooked just right. I lived in France for 15 years, and rarely order crème brulee here at home anymore, because I'm always disappointed. Although not quite lukewarm as it should be, this was as close to what you get in the hexagon as I've found here yet - and I'd order it here again. Great job!Special Features:
- Vault room is greatStangolferDined on 6/7/2014Food is always excellent. Very convenient for Round Rock area folks. Service is also great. Highly recommend the Vault room for special occasions.Special Features:
- ShadyDined on 5/31/2014Atmosphere is great, Service excellent . The seafood was wonderfully prepared with interesting sauces. A great night out.Special Features:
- A Pleasant Surprise!RickettsDined on 5/29/2014Traveling in the area and was tired of all the highway chains. Found the Main Street Grill on the internet and thought we'd try wandering away from our highway motel. Great decision. Exceptionally accommodating staff...excellent menu...and for the most part on our two nights the food was excellent (red snapper one night a little over done). Martini's ample and a bit pricey but more than acceptable. The most unique aspect: dinner in the wine vault was something we'll always remember. Definitely some place we will return to someday. Kudos all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 246 reviews are from the Main Street Grill reviews archive.
- Dependable great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/24/2014Have been going there for years and the food is always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regulars for a reason.TonyDined on 5/23/2014We've been to Main Street Grill many times now for many occasions. We've never had a bad meal or poor service. Took some friends there a month or so ago and they certainly understood why we think it is a nice place to have dinner. So glad to have a very good restaurant in Round Rock to choose. If you go you have to try a Drunken Banker. It's both and after-dinner-drink and dessert. Beautifully presented in a Martini glass! Well done, again, Main Street Grill staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spotATXnorthieDined on 5/17/2014We booked into Main Street Grill on a very last-minute reservation. Overall we had a great experience and will likely return on occasion. The staff was friendly and accommodating and the ambience is pleasant. The restaurant is small, like most in downtown Round Rock, but this one is comfortable. Our food was good, nothing life changing but definitely of higher quality than most places in RR. The prices are high- you would get the same meal 20 minutes south for about $5 less per plate- but the convenience of not having to drive into Austin is a fine trade-off. To sum up, we won't make Main Street Grill a regular dining spot but may stop in a few times a year for special occasions, etc. and I have no trouble recommending it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2014The food was great. The Encrusted Rainbow Trout was delicious! My girfriends said the steak seasoning was the best and cooked perfect it. The Wine and drinks were just a good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable birthday.....gvrbaVIPDined on 5/17/2014Made an Open Table reservation and asked for the vault. The vault is the walk in bank vault of this old bank building that houses the restaurant wine, a 4 top table and a serving table. Very private and special for an occasion. Server Ryan was excellent, as always. Our food and Ryan's wine pairing suggestion worked very well. Our steaks, one of which was a house special that night, were prepared to order and presented very nicely. We were given the privacy we wanted without being ignored. All in all, another wonderful experience at the Main Street Grill. This is truly a gem of Old Town Round Rock. Be sure to make reservations, because it's been found.Special Features:
- Disappointed with the food.MarylanderDined on 5/16/2014I had ordered the fried avocado which was delicious and crab cake and salad for my main course.the salad was good but the crab cake was all filler. I ordered a chocolate martini and that was watered down. Probably wouldn't of mattered but for the price I expected better.Special Features:
- Old Round Rock gemJeremyDined on 5/16/2014We are always looking for fun, exciting and refined places to eat. Main Street has become a staple of iurs that always meets these needs. The waitstaff is great, the drinks &/or wine list are full of fantastic choices and the food is phenominal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Food was awesome, service excellent. Also the restaurant is not large, therefore not loud and noisy, which was perfect for my 85 yr old mother cause she could hear the table conversation. She had a great Mother's Day meal, and if mother is happy, everyone is happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What to impress your clients?...RobertDined on 5/8/2014....then take them to lunch at Main Street Grill! This is a gem of Round Rock. The food, service and ambiance was outstanding. This is my "go to" choice for lunch and dinnerSpecial Features:
- special dinnerdinnerdivineDined on 4/28/2014We love Main Street Grill, the food is always good and the service is usually excellent. A great place to go for a "Special Dinner" whatever the occasion. We did have one suggestion. Our last dinner some of the guest arrived early, they were seated and the adult was asked what she would like to drink. However, they did not ask the young teenager what he would like. Everyone should be asked.Special Features:
- Very NiceTXfoodieDined on 4/24/2014My wife and I dined here for our anniversary. It was a very pleasant dinner. Wait staff was attentive and pleasant without being over-bearing. The food was very good and properly cooked to taste. The sauces and seasonings were nothing extraordinary, but complimented the foods adequately. The shrimp served with the alfredo dish were a little too salty for my wife's taste, although she said the Monica salad was the best she'd ever had. Everything was reasonably priced for the quality of the meal. I can't give it a 5 star because I've been to better places and the wine list is a little thin. But if you want a nice dinner with very good food, attentive service and a quaint ambience, Main Street Grill in Round Rock is definitely worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable night!!ChefRalphDined on 4/22/2014The manager set up our table in the wine room for our anniversary. They did that after noticing that I had flowers delivered to the restaurant!! Our server was perfect. The food was right on point. I am a Chef and I will be recommending Main Street Grill as often as possible!Special Features:
- Best food in Round RockRoundRockRealtorCindyDined on 4/12/2014We took our son and his girlfriend, who have eaten at great restaurants all over the world (they live on Aspen and know good food!). They thought the food and service was excellent and atmosphere "charming". We had a great dinner. BTW, I had salmon and if had just a little kick to it-awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceDrubydruDined on 4/1/2014We've been to Main Street Grill quite a few times for special occasions and we always have a great time. The atmosphere, food and service are fantastic!! Absolute great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!KetchumDined on 3/25/2014We had a marvelous time and the staff was amazing!Special Features:
- Very Special TreatmentCadanceDined on 3/20/2014I went to MAIN STREET GRILL on a blind date on a week night. I requested a quiet spot. The hostess not only provided that, but ensured that no one sat beside us! It was delightful. The Monica was lovely as usual and the avocado appetizer was also yummy. A totally enjoyable night! To boot, as she discretely indicated when learning this was a blind date, the hostess was especially caring and attentive. I would recommend this place to anyone at any time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice anniversary celebration spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/19/2014Wonderful menu choices, excellent food, interesting side dish pairings, great atmosphere and very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I selected this restaurantdiningdivaDined on 3/19/2014I selected this restaurant for a lunch with a friend I hadn't seen in a long time, specifically because it is usually a quiet dining spot. When I entered, there were at least 3 tables of 10-12 (or more) patrons each and the noise level made normal conversation quite difficult. At least 10 minutes passed before we had to stop an employee and request a waitperson come to our table. We never received a bread basket and had to request additional napkins twice before they were delivered. Food was acceptable but nothing special. Prices were appropriate. I have eaten at this restaurant many times during the years it has been open, often for special occasions. Today's experience will make me re-think my dining options in the future.
- A Nice Place for LunchTexasSourdoughVIPDined on 3/18/2014This was our first trip to Main Street Grill. On the whole we liked it and the food was good but not quite up to our expectations based on reviews. My wife had a Southwestern Chicken Salad Sandwich with house made chips and I had the Reuben with French fries. My wife thought the chicken salad was good to very good but found the size of the chunks (chicken, celery, etc.) overly large. I thought it was bland but I may not have gotten much sauce in my bite. The Reuben was good. On the small side, it was a good lunch but seemed a bit overwhelmed by the sauerkraut. The home made chips were very good as were the fries. Altogether a nice lunch.