Main Street Bistro & Piano Bar-Cabaret
16280 Main Street
Guerneville, CA 65446Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Main Street Bistro & Piano Bar-Cabaret
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mainststation.com/
- Phone: 7078690501x
- Hours of Operation:
HOURS (Private Parties any time!)
Lunch: FRI-SAT-SUN: NOON - 3PM.
Dinner: SUN-THUR: 3PM - 9PM. FRI,SAT HOLIDAY SUN 4PM-10PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Tapas / Small Plates, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Ryan Schroder
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We do catering, weddings, private parties. etc
- Private Party Facilities: Room for parties of 100 or more in the main dining area & lounge. Large & Private parties welcome!
- Private Party Contact: Suzi 8888197632
- Entertainment: Sonoma County's Longest Running, Award Winning Premier Acoustic Music Venue North of San Francisco. You can travel far and wide to listen to live Jazz, hoping always to find just such a place as this...The sound is something special...There is no amplification, you hear the instruments and vocalists as they sound when their music moves directly through the air...straight ahead jazz at the highest level..." (JAZZ NOW MAGAZINE). NEW FREE Acoustic music, Jazz, Blues, Folk, is presented almost every night, don't miss our weekend Cabaret Dinner Shows. Hear the sounds of jazz and blues greats Gwen "Sugar Mama" Avery, Pat Wilder, Vernelle Anders, Tia Carroll, Frankye Kelly, Yancy "Vibes" Taylor, Greg Hester, Ronda Benin and many more. Remember NO COVER! (Except Very Special Performances or Plays, & New Years Eve) Reservations suggested! You can check out our entertainment calendar on our web site. www.mainststation.com
- Special Events: Main Street Bistro & Piano Bar-Cabaret Room can accommodate 30+ and the Main Dining Room can accommodate another 100+ either at long tables or individual seating at tables from 2-20 people. We can serve a luncheon (yes we will open any day requested even if not regular business hours) or dinner (again we will close to regular customers if you request the whole restaurant. Either individual meals or buffet style. We have another small room in the rear of the main dining room for staging etc. We are a child friendly restaurant with great pizza and a video game room, Free wi-fi.
A word from Main Street Bistro & Piano Bar-Cabaret
Colorful, Comfortable, Casual and Charismatic! Enjoy great food, full bar and music among friends at Sonoma County's longest running, Award Winning premier acoustic music venue. Enjoy our relaxed jazzy atmosphere in the heart of the wine country. Main Street Bistro is nestled in a scenic valley, surrounded by majestic redwoods, along the beautiful Russian River. NEW 2000 sq ft expansion now opened including a beautiful new dining room, lounge, gift shop, piano bar and menu. NEW FREE Acoustic music, Jazz, Blues, Folk, Celtic is presented almost every night and don't miss our weekend Cabaret Dinner Shows. Hear the sounds of jazz and blues greats Gwen "Sugar Mama" Avery, Pat Wilder, Vernelle Anders, Tia Carroll, Frankye Kelly, Yancy "Vibes" Taylor, Greg Hester, Ronda Benin and many more. Remember...NO COVER!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Main Street Bistro & Piano Bar-Cabaret reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (6)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)good for groups (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)special occasion (1)Show More
- good timeGretchenDined on 8/31/2014For a casual small-town place this really can't be beat. We enjoyed listening to the band. Our dinners were good, the service was thoughtful, the dining room is nice looking and comfortable, all good. We were a little bit disappointed (but just a little bit) that there wasn't a dance floor, but let's not ask for the moon.Special Features:
- Seriouslymazda3Dined on 8/22/2014This place was a total rip off. I do not know who the cooks are. definitely not chef! The prime rib should have been called shoulder chop, as it was alot tougher than leather hide. The waitress could have cared less. The pizza was the worse ever. The appetizers were not worth what they charged. The vegetarian lasagna was the worse you could offer. I would not recommend this place and the prices were out of control for the lousy food we had ordered. I could rate this far far below Mc Donald's. I would never recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014The live music was great. Food was good and very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guerneville Great Food & MusicDougDined on 7/3/2014First time there and was not sure what to expect. What a great place! Fun atmosphere, great food, great jazz band - could not have been happier!Special Features:
- Fun eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/28/2014Food was good, we were only ones in dinning room, pianist we wanted to hear had to cancel, but enjoyed evening with one of the owners and our great server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 35 reviews are from the Main Street Bistro & Piano Bar-Cabaret reviews archive.
- Pocket Canyon RamblersButchDined on 4/2/2014Drove up for the group and enjoyed our time there... Pizza was very good and the music was greatSpecial Features:
- Valentine's dinnerWeekendGetawayCoupleDined on 2/14/2014First time at Main Street Station Bistro. Food was very good. There was a big dinner crowd, presumably due to the Valentine's Day dinner special, so it took a while for the drinks and appetizer to be served. We still had a lovely meal with live music in the background and the restaurant was attractively decorated for the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner AND a showdbaiocchiVIPDined on 1/10/2014Food was great, with good sized portions. I recommend the meatball appetizers. The real treat was the live music however. The 3 piece band played some awesome jazz, making the event much more than a meal. Excellent!!Special Features:
- The music was not as advertised,travelerDined on 1/4/2014The music was not as advertised, the food was bland and overpriced.
- New Years Eve dinner and musicchichimocoDined on 12/31/2013Most places in Sonoma County ate closed or super expensive for New Years Eve. Main Street Saloon is affordable, great music, great food and celebrates the New Year at each time zone! Very fun !Special Features:
- Good food/good serviceTerriDined on 11/23/2013We had a large group that kept growing. Your servers took it in stride and kindly accommodated all of us, made us all feel welcomed. The pizzas were large enough to feed all of us and they were delicious as well. I'd recommend your restaurant to anyone! Thank you again for putting up with us ;)! It was wonderful! Thank you, Terri ParkerSpecial Features:
- Anniversary dinnerLinzDined on 9/14/2013Had amazing service, front row table next to the 3 piece band which was soothing and beautiful. Great ambiance. Good people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner for twomandmloveDined on 8/24/2013Me and my boyfriend came here for my birthday a few nights ago. A great atmosphere with a very talented singer and pianist performing for ambience. It was a little loud but then again, we were seated right next to them so that's probably why. Heh. The food was great, healthy portions, hearty Italian-American type stuff. We loved it and brought some home for leftovers. I highly recommend Main Street to anyone looking for a classy dinner place. I also highly recommend the Meatball+Garlic bread appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food and serviceGustavoDined on 8/17/2013Yelp comments did not do justice to this restaurant. We enjoyed the meals (went there for a pre-party lunch and then the next day the party lunch - pre-party lunch was somewhat better than then party lunch - we ordered the same two dishes: beet salad and mushroom sandwich). Others commented overall good food but hard to gauge since we invited them to our party of 17 people eating there. Service was very good but somewhat slow, on both days - we certainly overwhelmed the place on our party day, but was wondering why it was slow for a 3 PM lunch. Maybe we ordered the two dishes that had missing ingredients at that time of the day? ¿quién sabe?! ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally got it rightFreshPeruvianVIPDined on 8/10/2013Third time is a charm for Main Street Station after previously reviewing this restaurant and being either dissapointed in the poor service or upset that a staple item on their menu (prime rib) is unavailble in medium rare I was happy to find that this time they hit the nail on the head. Nothing fancy about this place, but then it is in Guerneville which is a pretty simple village in wine country. The food was spot on this time, with a great prime rib cooked exactly to order and a sea bass that was good. Service was attententive and unobtrusive, and that is why I go. Good job.Special Features:
- DinnerTlunsfordDined on 6/27/2013The pizza was delicious. We had a country style crust which was moist with a crispy bottomed crust. The night we attended there lives live blue grass band which we really enjoyed.Special Features:
- Excellent!renodeanVIPDined on 5/4/2013This time I had a group of 11 friends. The food was incredible as usual. They even had live music. We had an overall great experience. The waiter was probably new and a couple of people had to wait for their food while everyone else was served but that was minor as we were having so much fun. I'll be back next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been going to MainFreshPeruvianVIPDined on 3/31/2013I have been going to Main Street Station for years and have become used to the poor service by David who can't recall the specials, or who misstates the items on special (said rice 3 times in describing a dish that didn't come with rice). But on this occasion we had a different server who was attentive, knew the specials right off the bat without misstating what was on them and who didn't wander off mid meal and forget about us. She was great. We come here because there are few places in town to eat and they do have a decent prime rib (although they didn't this night). The seafood specials are good and despite not coming with rice, they are very good. Just avoid David as he is forgetful and can leave you hanging.
- Valentine's dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We love the Caesar salad, the dressing was really delicious; we asked for the thin vegan pizza but this time it was a bit tasteless, everything else was great!Special Features:
- We went for an evening forGw1018Dined on 1/26/2013We went for an evening for dinner and to listen to some jazz....we so enjoyed our experience! The food was good and the music was wonderful....felt so " home town" and yet so "like a San Francisco lounge experience....we will go back!Special Features:
- My husband, son and I recentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/22/2012My husband, son and I recently visited Sonoma County (from North Carolina) and made a reservation at the Main Street Station for the first night there. It was the perfect place for us to start our Christmas vacation and we felt so welcome. We had pizza and salad and it was delicious. Two nights later we decided to go back again, and once again, we had a wonderful evening. This time we had pasta and it was so good! The ambiance is so nice and the service is superb. We enjoyed the live entertainment both evenings. What a gem this restaurant is! They definitely deserve your business.
- I understand that it was aOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/2/2012I understand that it was a busy night, but our server was horrible regardless. After sitting for a good 15 to 20 minutes with no one coming to the table-- no bussers, no waiters-- to even say hello, I got up and grabbed a caraf of water for our table, which was a good 20 feet away through other tables. We then waited about 5 more minutes and the waiter showed up-- apologizing in advance for his horrible service, which irks me even more, a simple "hello I'll be right with you" at the beginning would have been nice. We ordered our food and some wine-- it took another 15 min. before the wine came. Anyway, I asked for more water at that point-- never came-- got my own again. Food was not what I ordered either-he seemed not to care...
- Terrific!Loved the casualBetsyDined on 6/1/2012Terrific!Loved the casual environment and music of Jess Petty.Will recommend to all my friends.Special Features:
- Great Place to DineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2012Always a great time. A great place to relax with a glass of wine and enjoy dinner and live entertainment. We always take our friends here.Special Features:
- HIGHLY RECCOMENDED!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2012We went to Main Street and were extremely pleased! I've read some bad reviews on Yelp but decided that we should do our own review. The food was out of this world! I had a pear and prosciutto pizza and my date had the quail. We had the olives and the beet salad first and they were both great! I just can't explain how GREAT the food was! And there was a lady playing the piano and singing and she was wonderful! I looked at their entertainment schedule and there is a lot of great local and non-local musicans playing. There is even a Grammy Award Winning Artist! We are definately going back that weekend. Since this was our first time we didn't realize that they reciently renovated and more than doubled their dining room. HIGHLY RECCOMENDED!!Special Features:
- My wife and I enjoyed theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012My wife and I enjoyed the Valentine's day special very much and would recomend this restuarant to everyone!Special Features:
- Valentine Event at Main StreetDisappointedLocalDined on 2/14/2012New chief is wonderful. Zabalone for dessert was great. We enjoyed the Valentine price fix 4 course dinner which included a choice of prime rib; salmon; chicken under a brick; or gnocchi. Included champaign as well. Music was perfect. Our group had a great time.Special Features:
- Fun for a partyscamperwillowDined on 12/31/2011We were at Main Street Station on New Year's Eve - especially to see/hear Brulée & Friends - the group that was playing that night. We had a group of 8 and had a really fun time.Special Features:
- New Year's Eve - GuernevilleDisappointedLocalDined on 12/31/2011New Year's Eve and we arrived with two extra people. Even though they were booked full, they found a table and chairs to add and worked around the inconvenience. The food and entertainment was great. Most of our group had the prime rib but one person had the salmon and I had the scampi, all was perfect. Champaign that was included with our cover flowed freely. The New Year was celebrated every hour from 9 pm to midnight with party favors, confetti, balloons and singing.Special Features:
- It made for a memorable NewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011It made for a memorable New Year's Eve! Familial, great atmosphere, high spirits and fantastic entertainment!Special Features:
- It was day before HalloweenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2011It was day before Halloween and all the staff and most of the customers were in costume. It was all great fun. We were celebrating a birthday and the entertainment sang Happy Birthday and our waitress appeared with the cake we had provides all lit. Our birthday girl was delighted. We really enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- Great food, wonderful music,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2011Great food, wonderful music, friendly staff, we highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Great spot!BryanVIPDined on 9/1/2011Great little spot with excellent food and live entertainment.Special Features:
- A disasterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/31/2011It was parent visitation day at my son's music camp. We were coming from the East Bay to visit and take him out for dinner. Knowing that this would be a busy night in town I made my reservation 6 weeks ahead. Imagine my horror when I arrived at the restaurant 10 minutes EARLY to find that they had given my table (for 7) away. The staff hustled and set up a card table, so we were seated, but it was very uncomfortable, being only large enough for maybe 4. Then it took forever to be served. The food was good, but not worth the pain we went through. We won't be back.
- Russian River Wine Country GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2011My mom and I had a wonderful time. We enjoyed every bit of our experience. The food was awesome,ambiance was spectacular and we found out that they have just enlarged their restaurant. This was tastefully/beautifully done. Their makeover expansion looks so elegant - they having gorgeous artwork displayed. The entertainment was fun and engaging and the wait staff/hostess were very attentive.Special Features:
- You would be hard pressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2011You would be hard pressed to find better pizza anywhere in California.The addition of great music performances is an added bonus.Special Features:
- Abominable ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2011Service was abominable. 1) The food took about 45 minutes to START coming out - which we could live with, if that was the only flaw, HOWEVER... 2) Then there was a 20-30 minute gap between when each in our group of 6 was served our entrees... 3) My fiancé was brought the wrong order... 4) 75 minutes after ordering, she was brought her order - AFTER everybody else was finished eating... 5) The request to take the fiancé's order off the bill was denied at first, because we asked to have it boxed up to go! The food WAS very good, but service like this is inexcusable. Go elsewhere.
- Food was very good and reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2011Food was very good and reasonable priced good portions , wait staff pleasant and efficiant. Great three piece band with singer most enjoyable . new area comming to accomidate more people nice and up scale area . Main street has a very good menue at a reasonable price .Special Features:
- LeeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/11/2011Wow what a great evening. Generous plates (1# cut prime rib) and the baked brie appetizer platter, excellent service. We very much enjoyed the entertainment, jazz vocalist Susan Sutton. We can hardly wait to bring our friends. It is such a unique place in the middle of wine country, love it!Special Features:
- Evening of Jazz and great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/11/2011The jazz entertainment was great. The service was very friendly and helpful. I had the pot roast with mashed potatoes and gravy which was delicious. The prime rib was raved about. Our party really enjoyed the evening and we will return again soon.Special Features: