2 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://maialinonyc.com/
- Phone: 2127772410
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday 7:30am - 10:00am
Lunch: Monday - Friday noon - 2:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 10:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Nick Anderer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our communal table in the private dining room seats up to 22 guests and is available for events and celebrations.
- Private Party Contact: Amanda Kehr 2127772410
A word from Maialino
Maialino is a Roman-inspired trattoria from Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group, located in Gramercy Park. Maialino captures the warmth and comfort of a true neighborhood trattoria, with a menu that celebrates the restaurant's ongoing relationship with its local family of farmers and suppliers. Executive Chef Nick Anderer draws inspiration from the Roman cooking tradition to create soulful food, reflective of the rich culture of both Rome and New York.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maialino reviews from OpenTable diners
349 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (236)special occasion (150)neighborhood gem (149)great for lunch (114)notable wine list (111)great for brunch (104)hot spot (103)romantic (83)vibrant bar scene (77)good for groups (70)scenic view (22)late-night find (17)kid-friendly (14)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Took an hour to be seatedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/27/2014I liked maillnk! But the biggest probelm was that it took over an hour to be seated even though we had a reaervation and they called more than two times to confirm. So the reservation defeated the purpoae. And it set a certain mood. Otherwise nice restaurantSpecial Features:
- Delicious!el515VIPDined on 10/26/2014The pappardelle and chocolate budino were absolutely delicious! Service was great as well! Will definitely be coming back again very soon.Special Features:
- GoodparrottVIPDined on 10/26/2014Good entree, but we went for the pastry basket after hearing good things. I was a bit underwhelmed with the pastries. Looking back I would have skipped them and just had the focaccia.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElizabethVIPDined on 10/25/2014we love coming to maialino - the service is outstanding - very welcoming and the carciofi fritti are amazing -- We noted that we were celebrating a birthday & they had a lovely note waiting at the table and a special cookie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth it.WorththemoneyDined on 10/23/2014Pricey but absolutely delicious food. Slightly noisy. Wonderful staff.Special Features:
- MaialinoVoraciousDined on 10/22/2014Maialino has a very active, loud bar area that must be traversed in order to reach the dining area. Fortunately it is quieter once you're at the table (although not particularly quiet). Appetizers (tripe in tomato sauce and fried artichokes) were good, but our fish main courses had to be sent back due to overcooking; the replacements were fine. The wine choices - all Italian and intelligently selected - were commendable. My companion was more enamored of Maialino than I. I do think there are restaurants in NYC that are as good, or better, at more reasonable prices (sorry, Danny Meyer).Special Features:
- Perfec as alwaysMikeyMignognaDined on 10/21/2014Tonarelli caccio e peppe is probably better than anything ever, the Brussels sprouts were so good it was weird, and the lamb chops.. I just can't even. The service was amazing (thank you, Jonathan), the host was friendly and fun (sorry I don't know his name..), and the little details... It was just wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncrediblePedrocostoyaDined on 10/21/2014Once of the Best italiano retaurants al llover the world!!! Italy inclusive! ,!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerlordjeffDined on 10/21/2014We recently enjoyed a wedding anniversary dinner here and plan to go back next year. We booked at the last minute an available 5:30 pm reservation, which turned out to be a good move because the restaurant at that time was quiet and we got a prime table. The food was excellent -- delicious salt and pepper pasta; pasta with tomato sauce and bits of crisped pork cheeks; fried artichokes; caramelized roasted b. sprouts; and the justly famous roasted suckling pig. Plus desserts. We took home a doggy bag of the pork and they threw in a fresh roll. It is particularly gratifying to note that the service was wonderfully attentive; we felt cared for. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Always terrificZigzagVIPDined on 10/21/2014A lot to be said for consistency - especially consistently great. The easy friendliness combined with good food is a fresh breath of airSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2014This place will ruin you forever for food. Nothing will ever quite measure up to the flavors of the suckling pig pasta or the bone marrow and steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great Italianlucylucy33Dined on 10/20/2014very creative menu, lot of pork and sea food. We had a selection of cheeses and salumi to start, it was delicious, very tasty. I had a lobster pasta as main course, it was a big portion, pasta cooked dante, it was perfection. My husband had a spicy pork pasta, also yummy. Recommended if you want to try something different, this is definitely not a traditional Italian menu but creative menu. Service was great. Order happy hour drinks at the bar = great value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuscan farmhouse in Gramercy ParkBreuklynGrrrlDined on 10/20/2014Modern approach to dining: warm vibe , rustic classic menu with a twist. Quite delicious, very meat-centric (pig!) with just enough options for non-meat eaters. Kale salad unimpressive. Great for downtown business breakfast - if you're in creative type field.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm ObsessedJessBuffDined on 10/19/2014If I were married to a one percenter, I would eat here everyday. I love the ricotta pancakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/18/2014Once again, I was thrilled with brunch this past Saturday. There is nothing to say other than it is a treasure !!!!! We never felt rushed, nor was there ever a minute where someone wasn't asking us, if everything was ok. I was impressed when the hostess said, "Nice to see you again"…….always a nice touch. I had asked for a booth and when I arrived, the hostess was spot on with the reservation and said it would just be a minute or two !!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerCloujaDined on 10/15/2014I took my husband here for his birthday. It was our first time dining at Maialino and we had lovely dinner in a very warm atmosphere. Food was delicious and served at an easy pace. Will definitely make this our neighborhood go-to spot for special occasions with friends and family!Special Features:
- DisappointedRaphanovaVIPDined on 10/14/2014The place is really beautiful and it's in one the most beautiful parts of New York, Gramercy Park. I got there earlier then my party and, unlike 99% of restaurants in NY, they allowed me to seat at the table, which was really nice. The reason it was disappointed is that the service is way too slow, it took them 40 min to bring the mains and more 20 min to bring coffee. That's a lot for a business lunch. Also, my Traviola arrived cold in the table. I'm probably go back to try the dinner menu, let's see.
- Amazing every timeilovegoodfoodVIPDined on 10/13/2014can't say a bad thing about it…amazing food, service and consistent. One of my favs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerHarveydentDined on 10/12/2014Came here for a birthday dinner on sunday. It was a 9pm seating, only available and that was a few days in advance reservation. They take walk ins, but still wanted to have our regular reservation in the main dining room. Great food, great service. Would go again. A little $$ but that's what you pay forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingNickVIPDined on 10/9/2014The interesting menu is what brought us in, the beautiful space, the fantastic food and the stellar service will bring us back. Everyone that works there has a smile and friendly demeanor. It seemed not to matter which server walked by, they were available to help, clear, fetch, answer a question, whatever. We tried a lot of things, our favorites were the seared octopus, fried artichoke, papparadelle, spaghetti carbonara, pasta with pepper and pecorino and the lamb chops, served with a fantastic gravy that required a trip to the bread basket. Can't say which were our favorite desserts, there wasn't a bad bite among the six we tried, but the plum tart disappeared first, so...The only negative is the precise, (read stingy) pour from the bar.Special Features:
- need new capp machines/baristascdknewyork19Dined on 10/9/2014I love this restaurant but every time I go for breakfast it takes at least 15 minutes for a cappuccino or Latte. This time it took 19 minutes. The servers are exasperated themselves because they say that everything has to be measured and the backup is awful and often people finish their food before they get their lattes, capps, etc. They need faster machines and more people at the coffee bar. It's ridiculous to wait this long.Special Features:
- GramercyililiVIPDined on 10/8/2014Service was great and pastas are outstanding. My friend and I hadn't seen each other in awhile and no one rushed us through dinner. It was perfect.Special Features:
- Wonderful mealsalEdawgzDined on 10/6/2014Really good food in a relaxed feel atmosphere. Professional and friendly service. The pig face salad was very different and never thought i'd see a dish like this in any restaurant. The suckling pig ribs were simply prepared and delicious. We had the strozzapreti pasta prepared with the almond and tomatoe pesto (I believe this is a Sicilian "Pesto Trapanese"), tripe antipasto, truffled mushrooms and several drinks. Everything was fabulous and I'm looking forward to returning to try some of the other dishes on the menu. Definitely a must try if you're a "foodie." And don't skip on the dessert! I had the fruit crostata with a brown butter gelato. Great!Special Features:
- FrannyDined on 10/5/2014surprisingly good with ample portions. staff was attentive and constantly refilled water and generally appeared genuinely interested in us having a good time. Wine was explained and all in all was a great experience. Location next to the park was an added bonus. usually hotel restaurants are a bit stuffy but this was not.Special Features:
- Service flawedMarieMarieDined on 10/5/2014Brunch. I ordered ricotta pancakes.. My husband ordered two pasteries. We asked for our cappuccinos to be served first. They were not. First, one pastry came and 15 minutes later, his second pastry, not warmed. He asked to have it warmed and brought when my pancakes were served. It came back cold. Pancakes and cappucinos exquisite, however.Special Features:
- One of the bestDowntownfoodieVIPDined on 10/3/2014Maialino is one of the best restaurants! Fabulous food, wine, and service combine to present a perfect dining experience.Special Features:
- Mmmm bucatini!AMEPVIPDined on 10/1/2014As much as I enjoyed the pork, the next day I couldn't stop thinking about the bucatini. As well as delicious food, it is a beautiful atmosphere. I love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pig HeavenSVBDDined on 9/29/2014One of the best meals I have had in years - the signature dish was spectacular and the fried baby artichokes were better than ones I had in Rome in June. and of course the pastas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaialinoFoodloverDined on 9/28/2014Service impeccable as always - yet something has changed with the quality of the food. Perhaps the menu choices, but the bread isn't as fresh and the eggs were undercooked. This is sad because Maialino has been my favorite brunch spot for years. I hope it was just this experience - as I said service is amazing but the food was not the way it used to be. I hope it goes back to the way it used to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatoutVIPDined on 9/28/2014Very slow service. Took over 20 minutes for espresso
- A great experience all roundTimTravelerDined on 9/27/2014Great service from arrival to departure; classically excellent food, with no unnecessary fussiness; and a very pleasant dining room. A very wide selection of starters and pastas, we were not disappointed. For the main course three of us shared the slow-cooked piglet - the eponymous Maialino - which was melt-in-the-mouth tasty, served with rosemary potatoes. Desserts were also excellent: pain au chocolat bread and butter pudding; plum tart with brown butter ice cream. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special occasionMrABDined on 9/27/2014My experience here was great. Our waitress was really interested in making sure we had a great dining experience. The wine she suggested for us was great and paired well with our meals, too. The malfatti was really delicious. The veal and sirloin were too. And dessert was great. This is a great place to go when you're looking for quality Italian that isn't standard red sauce fare or if you're looking for a place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Artichokes the best in the worldSusanVIPDined on 9/27/2014The food is so fantastic and the experience is just wonderful. If you go, you must order the artichokes...once you eat them you will dream of them!Special Features:
- Great for brunchRosieVIPDined on 9/27/2014I enjoyed my meal here. The waitstaff was very nice, maybe a little slow with getting an order. The verde drink was refreshing and the lamb chops with egg and salsa verde was excellent. The side heirloom tomato salad was just ok - don't feel that it was really worth the $10 price point. Overall, I think I would return if in the area againSpecial Features:
- impress your guestsChantboyVIPDined on 9/26/2014Made reservations for myself and two friends from out of town. They were impressed with everything - the ambiance, the service, and the food. The lunch prix fixe is also an outstanding value.Special Features:
- A hit and a misspinkbugVIPDined on 9/26/2014We have been to Maialino several times and never have been disappointed. . . until now. Although the food was prepared and presented in its usual excellent fashion, this lunch was ruined by very inattentive service. The waiter would disappear for long periods, and when asked for something simple like a fork, he would not return until the food was cold. This happened recurrently (we never did get the sweetener for our ice coffee, even after he was reminded.) We'll try again since we live on the park, but will make sure we avoid this particular waiter.Special Features:
- SuperbTobycatVIPDined on 9/24/2014A birthday dinner for 4 was splendid throughout. The service was exceptional - attentive, friendly, helpful and thoughtful. The sommelier was a real pro providing excellent guidance and suggestions. We were never rushed or hurried. The food was superb. Appetizers were exc lent and highlighted by the white truffle shavings fondue. The mains too were excellent led again by a truffle highlighted ravioli. The fish was excellent and the traditional cace e pepe was excellent and nicely spiced. Would return again for sure.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/24/2014Had lunch with a friend who had not been yet and she loved it. Food and service were fabulous; it was great. I feel badly I cannot remember the name of a gentleman who took extra special care of us……can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- missedDined on 9/24/2014The people were friendly and attentive. I was placed at a nice table and the ambiance was warm and inviting. The disappointment was with the food. I had an omelet that was fairly tasteless and there was a wilted salad dumped on top. It was not with the feel of a "Roman" presence,- and the breakfast, with which the reviews were raving about left me empty. I wasn't asked if I wanted any bread or side order,- which normally one receives with an omelet. overall, I think the hype going into the restaurant with is what made the disappointment so much greater.
- DisappointedzimzumDined on 9/23/2014Generally speaking, we were disappointed with food and menu choices. We were surprised at the lack of salad/greens available. Chef had a heavy hand with salt. Halibut was dry and boring. Wine very good. Dessert delicious.