Mai Thai Restaurant & Bar
750 West Idaho Street
Boise, ID 83702Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Mai Thai Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.maithaigroup.com/
- Phone: 2083448424
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Asian
- Executive Chef: Jirapong Phongam
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer many off-site catering options to fit your taste and budget. Inquire through our website for more information or just give us a call at 208-344-8424.
A word from Mai Thai Restaurant & Bar
Entering Mai Thai in Boise, it is like entering Thailand itself-choose delicious dishes from any of the four regional cuisines of Thailand without having to travel. While exotic, Thai food is still comfortably familiar, based on rice or noodles served with meat, fish, or vegetable curries, soups, salads and other authentic dishes. Choose your spice from mild to authentic. Perfectly complimenting the quality of the food itself at Mai Thai is the atmosphere and the excellence of service. Choose to relax at the bar with one of our top 40 handcrafted cocktails or any one of vast variety of beers, wines and fine spirits. Or enjoy your meal beside a tranquil, reflective pond with a cascading waterfall. Select from an awesome array of possibilities, knowing that whatever you order will be individually prepared by our authentic chefs, here directly from Thailand, using only the highest quality and freshest ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mai Thai Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (7)romantic (6)fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (4)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Pretty good overallJBoiseDined on 8/14/2014The hostess was a bit smitten and unfriendly and we did receive a very dirty salad dish, but our waiter was knowledgable and the rest of the staff was friendly. The food was good, the food is a bit expensive, and the ambience is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good selections for vegetariansdelishfoodDined on 7/10/2014So nice to have more that a couple of vegetarian options, plus all the food is very good..Special Features:
- One of Boise's Bestkenwyatt44VIPDined on 6/21/2014It took me a while to discover Mai Tai but it was worth the wait. This Thai eatery is near the top of my list for the best restaurants in Boise. The room is beautiful and a great setting. Service is friendly and knowledgeable. Food is amazing with a small but well curated wine list. Their bar program features a wonderful selection of liquors and special recipes.Special Features:
- The following 10 reviews are from the Mai Thai Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- Great Asian Fusion RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/22/2014Now this was a good surprise having not been here for years.....Great cocktails......Food actually superb and authentic and covers the gamut of Asian styles of cuisine....Kind of cool ambience. Service was a bit slow. The Thai food was superb and I'm Vegetarian all the time and I was able to find superb choices and could mix and match to get exactly the food I wanted (several vegan choices and tons of vegetarian choices). The decor was really good. My partner and I both said we'd be delighted to go back with a larger group. Right in the heart of Boise this restaurant is as good as anything in Portland or Seattle.Special Features:
- Always a PleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/17/2014My wife and I go here to eat all of the time. We love the ambiance as well as the service, and the food... the food is absolutely amazing every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu revamp leaves me wanting moreOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/11/2014I hadn't been to Mai Thai for dinner in a very long time. Their lunch buffet is amazing, but in the past I'd found their dinner menu overwhelming and hadn't found a dish I loved...not to mention it was far from inexpensive. A friend suggested we go dinner in January 2014. Their scaled back menu was a welcome change. We ordered a noodle dish and honey duck to share. Flavors were pretty good, but the pad thai still couldn't hold a candle to my neighborhood Thai joint. Duck wasn't rendered correctly, so was overly fatty in many pieces. I was really disappointed in the portion sizes for the price. I won't be back for dinner - I'd rather frequent my neighborhood Thai restaurant for better Thai food and a fine dining restaurant for fine dining.
- Another wonderful meal at Mai Thai!JandRVIPDined on 12/31/2013We ate a great meal on New Year's Eve. The restaurant was very busy and the bar was apparently backed up as our drinks took a really long time to be delivered! Our waiter, Larry, was phenomenal. He was very calm and very helpful with the menu choices. He even offered to hold our dinners because the kitchen had them ready as we were finishing our appetizer. The food was awesome and the water feature (although I miss the floating flowers!) and light fixtures are beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Thai food was very good.ThomasDined on 9/19/2013The Thai food was very good. We both had duck (suggested by the waiter) with our meals which made it all the better. The simple 'Sampler' was filling and also very good. The waiter really was excellent. He answered our questions, made suggestions and added his own input to all of the suggestions, including the wine. A very nice evening.Special Features:
- Great food, I think.....SadieDined on 8/30/2013We were seated on time and at a perfect table. We were eager to try some of their ethnic food, which we communicated to the waiter. I was having trouble deciding, when the waiter recommended I order the short rib. Thinking that this would be something they would put their particular Thai spin on, I ordered it. First, it wasn't representative in any way of Thai food. It was very good, however, and in any other restaurant I would recommend it, or it would be perfect for someone who would rather not have Thai food, but are stuck with a group that wants to. My husband ordered a delicious rice dish, which was redolent of the herbs and spices of Thai food. I was jealous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai-ishJaredRVIPDined on 7/3/2013This was my second time to visit Mai Thai. The first was several years ago and it seemed then to be an authentic Thai restaurant. It's now turned into a hodge podge of Thai, Chinese, Sushi, etc. We ordered the Papaya Salad as an appetizer. It was good but they over did it on the fish sauce. I ordered the Chicken Pad Thai which was very good but a little saucy. My partner ordered the steak salad which was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2013While we eat dinner at Mai Thai now and then (and sometimes on the spur of the moment), we go there once a year with our son for his birthday. He's autistic, and thus quirky, and he loves the place--goes there with friends, too. The service he received this week, on his 30th birthday, was really outstanding and we're very grateful for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab MealSweetp26Dined on 3/29/2013I made my reservation through Open Table, which I love, but the reservation didn't go through. Mai Thai was great and got us right in when my phone said we had booked a table.Special Features:
- Service is always sporadicOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/3/2013Service is always sporadic and crazy. All the employees seem like they are just always in a rush. Something seems unorganized whether its the kitchen or front end im nots sure. I only come in about ever 3 months or so but it has improved greatly from the last time. Also with that few draft taps the waiters should know their selections. Overall though, its always great.Special Features: