Mahogany Prime Omaha
13665 California St.
Omaha, NE 68154Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Mahogany Prime Omaha
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mahoganyprime.com/
- Phone: 4024454380x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Closed Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: BJ Englert
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have 3 private dining rooms ranging in size from 10 to 40 guests. Pleas contact us to reserve one of these rooms for your special event.
- Private Party Contact: Grant Lundin 4024454380x
A word from Mahogany Prime Omaha
Mahogany Prime Omaha offers authentic American cooking including corn-fed prime beef, fresh seafood flown in daily, and "Everything made from scratch".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Mahogany Prime Omaha - Best Restaurants in West Omaha ›
Mahogany Prime Omaha reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)romantic (46)notable wine list (28)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (10)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Sue KlepperOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We celebrated my daughters 19th birthday and my son's arrival in NE as a member of the Air Force at Offutt. It was a delightful experience and everyone very friendly. Our waiter was attentive and extremely friendly. Thank you for making it a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filets were not great.RobertDined on 8/30/2014Everything was great except that the two filets we had were not the top quality I expected. They were cooked properly but were firm and dry which is not what a top notch filet should be. The service by Abbey was top notch and I would ask for her next time I'm there.Special Features:
- pay for perfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Mahogany is expensive but worth every penny. I eat here 2-3 times a year. Hopefully soon my new career will afford me more. Out of the 10 or so times I have been here it has been perfect every time. Servers are the top of Omaha. Knowledge and service. I spent 15 years in the service industry and am impressed each time I'm here. The mushrooms are a must have and the filet melts in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good experience but priceyOmahaFoodieDined on 8/29/2014We had a party of 3, all had steak and seafood, two bottles of wine and dessert. Total with tip was over $800. While the food and ambience was outstanding, it wasn't $800 with. I'd have felt value appropriate between 400 and 500.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every wayPunchDined on 8/16/2014The food and service was excellent. I have been here twice, and both times the steak melted in my mouth. It was tender enough that a knife was optional. Side dishes were also top rate. I have had an assortment of sides and appetizers here and have found nothing that I did not like. The waiter was VERY friendly and anything wanted was immediately taken care of.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014My 8 oz filet was disappointing for the price. Mac and Cheese side dish was very forgettable. L The service was great and the atmosphere very nice. The Lobster Bisque is Spectacular!!!Special Features:
- like2dineDined on 8/8/2014I took two lovely ladies for dinner. The preparation and presentation of the food was excellent. It was a special evening for our friend. Our waitress was in training and she did a marvelous job. Will look forward to my next visit to Mahogany.Special Features:
- Wonderful, romantic, delicious!yumdujourDined on 8/4/2014I have always loved Mahogany for (very) special occasions and it never disappoints! Try the crab & lobster bisque to start - it will make you melt! So savory, flavorful and indulgent! I had the 8 oz. filet (medium) and my companion ordered the NY strip (medium-rare, I forget the size). We shared a side of the whipped potatoes and it was too much food to finish! We enjoyed a wonderful bottle of Zinfandel with our meal (around $45), and once our stomachs were ready, we treated ourselves to a creme brulee - absolutely amazing. Service was also top-notch, as usual. We lost count of how many different people were actually waiting on us because there seemed to be a revolving door of waitstaff who filled our drinks, served and checked on us.Special Features:
- Great DinningLarbearDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I celebrated our 32 wedding anniversary at Mahogany (it is a repeat place for us). For starters the lobster cargo is unmatched and with the fresh bread is the best appetizer. Next we split the triple treat lobster, crab legs and bone in filet. Top that off with a baked potato for her and the asparagus for me. Follow that up with the cheesecake desert and you just had a meal that lasted 3 hours (and was the best three hours in the world). And of course the wine, what more could you ask for. The wait staff was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MNJoeDined on 7/30/2014very good. First time there and it was incredible.Special Features:
- mgm152Dined on 7/26/2014Have been to Mahogany's many times and our steaks were not nearly as good as they have been at other times. Seemed very dry, though was cooked to the same temperature as every other time I have been there. Had filet mignon - it was good, but nothing different than any other steakhouse which is not how I have thought of Mahogany's in the past. On the other hand the appetizers and sides did not disappoint. Will try again in the fall for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Butter, cream and more butterSFhospitalityDined on 7/24/2014Every dish here is heavy with lots of butter and cream wherever they can add more calories. Personally, I think it's too much in places; however with that being said the food is very good, particularly the bone-in filet, au-gratin potatoes and crab cakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High expectationspremierdinerDined on 7/22/2014I always have high expectations when I go here, and they are met or exceeded every time.Special Features:
- Not worth the priceLuv2eatDined on 7/18/2014Went to Mahogany Prime Steak house for my son's birthday. Service was good but my steak was disappointing. I had the small filet which had good flavor but was tougher than I would have expected for the price. We recently ate at another older well known Omaha Steak House and had the filet which was much better and almost half the price.
- Another great time!TburdDined on 7/15/2014Me and the family went to mahogany for my now 13 year olds birthday and had, as always, another great meal. We've been going traditionally every year for her birthday and the staff and food continues to impress. If they have the tomahawk bison ribeye get it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steak!TSTSDined on 7/12/2014My steak and my girlfriends was just amazing! But know you're going in for a hefty cost! We got the specials and each steak was $60! Amazing, but expensive! Could be just me...but oh man that's a lot of money! The side items that you order were so-so. Good, but the mac and cheese, I've had better for sure, and for $10, and the restuarants caliber, I expected more there. Desert was wonderful as well! Overall it was very good, but the bill was $200. Just again, know what you're going in for. We personally went for something special, not an everyday. It has a very beautiful and romantic vibe :)Special Features:
- StuffedW00llyDined on 7/12/2014We had almost more food then we could eat. AwesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightDottieH99Dined on 7/12/2014Steak was awesome. It was great for a date night. Service and staff were very nice and it made for a wonderful dinner out.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner35thDined on 7/11/2014We took some family and friends out to help celebrate our 35 anniversary. There were 8 of us and we were seated in the Captains Room. What a wonderful treat for our celebration. The 4 appetizers we had were all amazing. Enjoyed several bottles of a good Cabernet wine with dinner after excellent martinis. Our steaks were cooked to perfection. Our sides were equally tasty and flavorful. We shared several desserts suggested by a very friendly and competent server. I can't imagine a nicer evening. Thank you to Open Table and Mahogany Prime for a perfect anniversary celebrationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let DownHawk1Dined on 7/11/2014My wife and I have always loved the food at Mahogany. If anyone comes in town and wants a great dining experience and wants steak this is where we send them. However, the steak on this visit was a complete let down. The flavor was good, but it was tough and even a bit difficult to cut and chew. The au gratin potatoes were also cool and not hot. Hopefully if we return it will be back to normal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic SteakFurryBearVIPDined on 7/8/2014The ribeye was wonderful -- truly a melt in your mouth steak. Great steakhouse without feeling overly fussy and formal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steaks!!SteakloverDined on 6/28/2014One of the best steaks I've ever had! Just make sure to look at the menu before heading to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WildcatDined on 6/25/2014Fantastic as always!!! Great food and terrific service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rattle RattleDeereoneDined on 6/21/2014Don't interrupt the wait staff as they rattle off specials of the night. They are so consumed about spouting off the ingredients and preparation style that they don't listen to the customer. It appeared they had limited time to serve our table from which we had to call the waiter back for clarification or bringing sparkling versus still water.Special Features:
- DinerDined on 6/20/2014Very expensive. Service was less than adequate. Will not return.
- PioneerDined on 6/13/2014Our table was ready. Comfortable seating. Impecable service. Steaks done to perfection. Although we live in the Memorial Park neighborood, it was a great dining experience and worth the short trip west.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recognition DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/10/2014The purpose of the dinner was to recognize the efforts of two of my employees and their spouses over the past year. It was the 1st time that we had eaten at Mahogany Prime. The atmosphere was nice and semi-private. There was a wide variety of drinks and appetizers. The choice of main courses were simplistic but very good with sides that complimented. Though we were full from the meal, it was hard the resist the appealing and tasteful deserts. The waiters and waitresses were attentive, polite and non-disruptive. Everyone in the party enjoyed the dinner and we would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOvrinDined on 6/7/2014A bit pricey, but at least you are getting what you pay for. Had the best filet I have even eaten.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceMavFansDined on 5/31/2014We went to Mahogany for the first time to celebrate our 45 year experience and we really enjoyed the experience. It was much more than a meal, it was a total dining experience!!Special Features:
- HarvardBoundDined on 5/31/2014The food and service at Mahogany was exceptionable. the staff was attentive and fur filled your every need or request. the food was well cooked and seasoned. the desserts were rich and creamy. Not a good place for kids and is quite expensive. overall amazing, would definitely go again and recommend to others.Special Features:
- We have had betterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014Mahogany has always been the best steak house in Omaha, until now! This past visit the quality or our filets was somewhat dry and lacking in flavor. The holindaise on the asparagus seemed to be very bland and without any lemon flavor. We were definitely dissatisfied with this visit.
- Best steakhouse in OmahaTheAintzVIPDined on 5/29/2014Been here several times now. Food is always spot on. Tried the asparagus appetizer. It was delicious. Everything else was perfect too. Will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- xyzOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014great food and great service. staff is well trained.Special Features:
- What a treat!BratleyjDined on 5/28/2014As my wife and I spend a lot of time traveling the country, I am not easily impressed, this was one of those exceptions. Recommended by a local friend as we were celebrating my daughters 21st birthday, everything from the greeting at the front door to the promptness of service was A1. I am sorry to say I did not retain the name of our server but suffice it to say he was overly knowledgable of the menu, the wine choices and did a masterful job of being around but not in my space, a rare treat. I highly recommend if looking for a traditional steakhouse in the Omaha area, I will look for a reason to come back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was just okshaleaDined on 5/26/2014I thought overall it was ok. There were aspects I liked, such as giving me a flower because it was our anniversary, and my husband's steak was delicious. However, some things weren't so great either. Someone was ALWAYS coming to our table for something. Whenever you get up someone comes to refold your napkin, or clean your table of crumbs, or completely replace your water glass when it's already full, or replace your bread with a new loaf even though you aren't done with your current one, in addition to coming to your table to ask how your food is or take your order. It was just a little much when you're trying to have an intimate dinner. Also, the lobster cargo that they claim is so delicious for $30, is definitely not worth it.Special Features:
- Amazing!zycmkDined on 5/22/2014One of those premier steakhouses that gives you service that goes well above and beyond. Food was absolutely perfect!Special Features:
- Celebration dinnerDenverdinerDined on 5/16/2014We were in Omaha (traveled from Denver), celebrating a college graduation, and a friend of our daughter recommended this restaurant. It was most outstanding. The steaks were melt-in-your-mouth, the lobster was excellent, the wine was fabulous. We would absolutely recommend Mahogany to anyone who wants a special place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014food and service was excellent. server knew the menu and had great recommendations. would recommend and will go back againSpecial Features:
- all you expectpokeyDined on 5/11/2014for the high prices for food and drink you would fully expect high quality food served by attentive waiters in a Romàntically dark atmosphere - and that is what you get. Nothing unexpected, save for an attendant refilling your water glass a little quicker than happened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Steak HousepickydinerDined on 5/10/2014Nice ambience with attentive service. Be sure to request seating in the main dining room, which is open and airy. There are side rooms for overflow setting which have no ambience.I would recommend this to a friend.