Mahogany Prime Omaha
13665 California St.
Omaha, NE 68154Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Mahogany Prime Omaha
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mahoganyprime.com/
- Phone: (402) 445-4380
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Closed Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: BJ Englert
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have 3 private dining rooms ranging in size from 10 to 40 guests. Pleas contact us to reserve one of these rooms for your special event.
- Private Party Contact: Grant Lundin 4024454380x
A word from Mahogany Prime Omaha
Mahogany Prime Omaha offers authentic American cooking including corn-fed prime beef, fresh seafood flown in daily, and "Everything made from scratch".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Mahogany Prime Omaha - Best Restaurants in West Omaha ›
Mahogany Prime Omaha reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)romantic (43)notable wine list (36)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (11)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great steak and seafoodhuskerdegsDined on 11/19/2014I always enjoy. Food and service great. First time I was seated in bar area which is not great. People at the bar are standing next to your table. Besides that was super.Special Features:
- Bar service was excellant, table service was poor.FinnDined on 11/14/2014We have enjoyed your restaurant at least two or three times a year. was never disapointed. The service at the table was lacking had to ask for bread, more coffee and the bill. Never had this type of service at your restrarant . It was like she dident care! My wifes Steak looked like it was a baked piece of liver. I have recommended your restraurant to many people at work and freinds not sure i can do it now. Just so we understand each other i did leave a 20% tip which gives me the right to express myself. We were celabrating our 43rd wedding anniversary. On the positve side your bartender Ashley was super, if and when we come back if she is bartending we will try and eat at the bar if allowed. Thank you .Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014The food was very delicious, probably the best steak I've ever had!Special Features:
- an evening to remember!williamsDined on 11/12/2014the entire staff made our 20 year anniversary a very memorable one, from everyone who stopped by our table to wish us a happy anniversary and the rose and vase given to my wife for the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealJim01VIPDined on 11/11/2014Loved dinner at Mahogany Prime this week. My bison filet was perfectly cooked and delicious. The service was impeccable and the recommendations were well received.
- Always our favoritegr82eatDined on 11/8/2014The service tonight was not quite up to our standardSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to DetailDiva66Dined on 11/8/2014We were pleasantly surprised as we arrived at out table with a hand signed anniversary card from the Mahogany Staff. Soon after they brought over a single rose in a vase... A very nice touch! Being able to alert the staff at the restaurant of our celebration that night, made it even more special.Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2014The food is always good. I was disappointed on how the coupon I received in the mail was handled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; annoying serviceVeroFanDined on 10/25/2014Outstanding steak but pretentious and scripted service that is annoying and ridiculous. We overheard our waiter use the very same lines with all the tables around us: overdone, overstated, and unnecessary. Also, the waiter was in too much of a hurry, talking too rapidly to understand at times.Special Features:
- Great service, food was lackingDinedOutDined on 10/23/2014After all the reviews of this restaurant my wife and I were excited to dine here for our special occasion. Unfortunately, the food left something to be desired. We have dined at other notable steak houses in the area and we feel the food was not on par. The quality and presentation on the entree was poor. At 60$ a plate it appeared to have been sitting under the heat lamp or microwaved. All that being said, the service was excellent. The staff was informative and polite.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014excellent food and service my fourth time , and will go back every time I visit OmahaSpecial Features:
- Fabulous EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014We were celebrating a special anniversary and the Mahogany staff made our time an extra special event. Thank you!! A wonderful place for dinner anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent servicesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014I had my wedding anniversary, they ordered me special cake from other store by phone , supper servicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 stars - againLocalsVIPDined on 10/10/2014Short version: Pricey Omaha steakhouse that is worth it. Longer version: We now live in Denver, but lived in Omaha for 30+ years. We travel extensively, and Mahogany Grill still is - in our opinion - one of the best steakhouses in the country. This time we invited local Omaha friends while we were visiting. One had the Bison filet special, another the salmon. My wife and I shared the 22 ounce cowboy ribeye. Nothing was left on the plate but the sides we ordered. My friend never tried Bison before and he raved about it. 8 thumbs up. Yes, it is pricey - this is not a budget steakhouse. But we will be back. Service was top rate. Businesses - great place to take clients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!LoveyoumoreDined on 10/10/2014The staff made our anniversary so special. The wait staff signed a card and the manager even brought over a rise in a vase for me. From the appitizer to dessert it was the best meal we have ever had. The steak was cooked perfectly. The waitress was very helpful in choosing our toasting champagne. I have never been to another restaurant with this level of service. This place was amazing all the way around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT ALL THATLAWOMANDined on 9/26/2014HAD BEEN HEARING HOW AWESOME THE FOOD IS AT MAHOGANY SO WANTED TO TRY - WAS NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL. FOOD WAS GOOD, BUT FOR THE HIGH PRICES, NO BETTER THAN CHARLSTONS, WHICH IS PRICED WAY MORE REASONABLE, AND JUST AS GOOD OF FOOD. ALSO, DIDN'T WANT TO SIT IN A BOOTH, SO WAS STUCK AT A TABLE IN A LITTLE ROOM OFF THE MAIN RESTAURANT - DEFINITELY DISAPPOINTED IN THAT AS THE AMBIANCE IN THAT ROOM WAS ABOUT AS GOOD AS SITTING IN A 3 STAR CHAIN RESTAURANT. WILL PROBABLY NEVER RETURN AS IT JUST ISN'T ALL THAT IT'S CRACKED UP TO BE. I'D GIVE THIS PLACE A 5 OUT OF 10 - AND THAT'S ONLY BEAUSE THE SERVICE WAS PRETTY GOOD.
- Great FoodPeteVIPDined on 9/26/2014My wife and I both had the ribeye. Excellent choice. A little spendy for Omaha considering many of the other good steak houses available in the area so I would place Mahogony as a special occasion restaurant. Prices were comparable with the casino steakhouses found in Las Vegas.Special Features:
- Great place to celebrateDSP1911Dined on 9/25/2014I've been going here for years and I am never disappointed. Great food, great service, it's the perfect place to take your loved one to celebrate or just enjoy their company!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mahogany PrimeFrancescoDined on 9/24/2014Our Prime Ribeye and 12 oz. Tenderloin were perfect. The lobster was awesome, The crab legs were good, the vegetables perfect. The service was incredible. The table next to us was a bit close and boisterous-- four business men with beers and drinks. Our server, C. was poised, warm and personable and either she or her assistant were always nearby. Dinner for 2, with 1 glass of wine, plus another 1/2 bottle, plus a beer, plus two steaks, 1 side, 2 appetizers, a shared order of crab legs and lobster, with tip-- $347. Special occasion, indeed. :) I would return for another!Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGLouLouVIPDined on 9/24/2014My husband wanted a good steak so we went there last minute on a Wednesday evening at 5:45. Parking lot was FULL! Not only was his steak done to perfection, but our service was an A+. I enjoyed the seared tuna and also found the caesar salad to be one of the best I have had in Omaha.Special Features:
- Intimate diningjodyDined on 9/22/2014My husband wanted to take me to a special place outside of the city. The restaurant was beautiful on the outside. Plenty of parking. Quiet. We got a corner table. The waitresses were excellent. The filets we had were incredible. The ambience was perfect for a romantic dinner. The martini's we had were filled to the brim. It is pricey....but once in awhile....it is worth it.Special Features:
- Worth ItCplofFoodiesVIPDined on 9/20/2014While it is pricier than most places in Omaha, it is definitely worth it. Great food and service. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014We go to Mahogany for special occasions only and it is always special!!! Service is outstanding. They seem to anticipate when we need service but don't hover around when not needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkDiningouttoniteVIPDined on 9/9/2014I made my reservation five days in advance and requested a booth on the upper tier south side. They did not seat me there. I asked the hostess if they had my note to that effect on the reservation. She said yes and told me I could wait for the table I requested. I had no idea how long the wait would be and accepted a different table when my guests arrived.
- The food and wine was fantastic.35yearsDined on 9/6/2014They made our 35th anniversary dinner very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and food were excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Service was wonderful, very attentive without hovering. Steak was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They know servicehawkalumsDined on 9/4/2014The service was impeccable. While one of our waiters talked much too fast, eyed the women up and down and was slightly dismissive. Our Waitress Katie was attentive and friendly. The staff that delivered our lamb and steak waited for us to confirm that they were cooked as ordered. Our scallops weren't bad but slightly over cooked and the seasoning was nothing remarkable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!MrsRueDined on 9/2/2014Great food, service, and atmosphere! Best steaks in town and the best steaks I have ever had! If it is not on your bucket list, it should be!Special Features:
- Awesome experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014Love the atmosphere! The food was delicious; the service excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Speedy serviceCalkDined on 8/30/2014A lovely place to have a relaxing dinner, but not for us. We were just sitting down when they asked us what we would like to drink. We ordered our salad and soup and was not finished when they brought our entree. we were eating our steaks, they asked what we wanted for our dessert. If we hadn'tc taken our time over coffee, we would have been out the door in less then 45 minutes.
- Sue KlepperOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We celebrated my daughters 19th birthday and my son's arrival in NE as a member of the Air Force at Offutt. It was a delightful experience and everyone very friendly. Our waiter was attentive and extremely friendly. Thank you for making it a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filets were not great.RobertDined on 8/30/2014Everything was great except that the two filets we had were not the top quality I expected. They were cooked properly but were firm and dry which is not what a top notch filet should be. The service by Abbey was top notch and I would ask for her next time I'm there.Special Features:
- pay for perfectionLuseroDined on 8/29/2014Mahogany is expensive but worth every penny. I eat here 2-3 times a year. Hopefully soon my new career will afford me more. Out of the 10 or so times I have been here it has been perfect every time. Servers are the top of Omaha. Knowledge and service. I spent 15 years in the service industry and am impressed each time I'm here. The mushrooms are a must have and the filet melts in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good experience but priceyOmahaFoodieDined on 8/29/2014We had a party of 3, all had steak and seafood, two bottles of wine and dessert. Total with tip was over $800. While the food and ambience was outstanding, it wasn't $800 with. I'd have felt value appropriate between 400 and 500.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every wayPunchDined on 8/16/2014The food and service was excellent. I have been here twice, and both times the steak melted in my mouth. It was tender enough that a knife was optional. Side dishes were also top rate. I have had an assortment of sides and appetizers here and have found nothing that I did not like. The waiter was VERY friendly and anything wanted was immediately taken care of.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014My 8 oz filet was disappointing for the price. Mac and Cheese side dish was very forgettable. L The service was great and the atmosphere very nice. The Lobster Bisque is Spectacular!!!Special Features:
- like2dineDined on 8/8/2014I took two lovely ladies for dinner. The preparation and presentation of the food was excellent. It was a special evening for our friend. Our waitress was in training and she did a marvelous job. Will look forward to my next visit to Mahogany.Special Features:
- Wonderful, romantic, delicious!yumdujourDined on 8/4/2014I have always loved Mahogany for (very) special occasions and it never disappoints! Try the crab & lobster bisque to start - it will make you melt! So savory, flavorful and indulgent! I had the 8 oz. filet (medium) and my companion ordered the NY strip (medium-rare, I forget the size). We shared a side of the whipped potatoes and it was too much food to finish! We enjoyed a wonderful bottle of Zinfandel with our meal (around $45), and once our stomachs were ready, we treated ourselves to a creme brulee - absolutely amazing. Service was also top-notch, as usual. We lost count of how many different people were actually waiting on us because there seemed to be a revolving door of waitstaff who filled our drinks, served and checked on us.Special Features:
- Great DinningLarbearDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I celebrated our 32 wedding anniversary at Mahogany (it is a repeat place for us). For starters the lobster cargo is unmatched and with the fresh bread is the best appetizer. Next we split the triple treat lobster, crab legs and bone in filet. Top that off with a baked potato for her and the asparagus for me. Follow that up with the cheesecake desert and you just had a meal that lasted 3 hours (and was the best three hours in the world). And of course the wine, what more could you ask for. The wait staff was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MNJoeDined on 7/30/2014very good. First time there and it was incredible.Special Features: