Mahogany Prime Steakhouse - Tulsa
6823 S Yale Ave
Tulsa, OK 74136Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Mahogany Prime Steakhouse - Tulsa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mahoganyprime.com/
- Phone: 9184944043
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5pm to 10pm
Friday & Saturday : 5pm to 11pm
Sunday: 5pm to 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Reservationist 9184944043
A word from Mahogany Prime Steakhouse - Tulsa
Authentic American cooking including corn-fed prime beef, fresh seafood flown in daily, and "Everything made from scratch".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Mahogany Prime Steakhouse - Tulsa - Best Restaurants in Tulsa ›
Mahogany Prime Steakhouse - Tulsa reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (67)romantic (48)notable wine list (38)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (17)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- what i expectedoldcharacterDined on 10/25/2014It was definantly a worth while dining experience. It was very expensive. The porterhouse steak was a little too salty. We had the mac and cheese, house salad, salad wedge and a baked potato, all were very good. The service could not have been any better!Special Features:
- Excellent In Every DetailiamrichandfamousDined on 10/20/2014Excellent in every detail. Wait staff obviously trained to perfection. All were professional in appearance, knowledge, demeanor and deportment. Attention to detail is obviously the hallmark of this establishment. Food was prepared excellently and to my desire. Will return again.Special Features:
- Excellent steak housefoodiemoss86Dined on 10/19/2014We go to Mahogany's at least once a year to celebrate a birthday or anniversary. It is hands down our favorite resturant for steak. The flavor of the meat is incredible and it always cooked to perfection. All of the food is very fresh and well seasoned. The lobster mac is one of my favorite side dishes and the asparagus with hollandaise is very tasty. We've never had an appetizer we didn't like. The crab cakes and tuna tartare were both very good. Service is always excellent and the ambiance is relaxing. You can dress up or be somewhat casual. Menu prices are $40-$50s for steaks, $12-$20 for appetizers, $7-$12 for sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Edible Foodsarah30000Dined on 10/11/2014The most incredible service I have ever received, which is what I really felt like I was paying for. I'm sorry to report the food was not impressive. My steak was not tender and over seasoned with pepper. Thankfully I ordered the asparagus with hollandaise sauce, which made my steak more edible. My husband had the Lobster Cargot appetizer. I am allergic to shellfish so did not try it but he said it was very good. Pretty disappointing after a lot of anticipation. Even if it had been less expensive I would not plan on returning.Special Features:
- Excellent servicePitchVIPDined on 10/8/2014The staff was friendly and made sure that every need was met. Exceptionally knowledgable about wine list as well as the cuts of meats. Very popular spot but could use better parking options.Special Features:
- super43packratDined on 10/5/2014service was great and timely, dinner entrée was excellent and prepared exactly as ordered, desert was perfect. could not have written a better script for our 35th anniversary.Special Features:
- Overall, a very forgettable meal.FrankDined on 9/29/2014I had long heard that steak in the West or Mid-west was far superior to what was available in the East where I am from so when I found myself in Tulsa, having a great steak was high on my list of things to do. As it turned out, I have had better steak at several places in the East. Maybe, my expectations were just too high.
- Consistently outstandingRandyDined on 9/20/2014Mahogany and Flemings are head and shoulders above any other Tulsa Restaurants. Flemings CAN be as good as Mahogany. However, Mahogany is ALWAYS outstanding whereas Flemings maybe 70% of the time.Special Features:
- Steak choiceRatethesteakDined on 9/19/2014I Chose the bone in rib eye and it was the best steak I've had in Tulsa and my wife and I have eaten at all of steakhouses in Tulsa. I was very pleased with tenderness, flavor and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine diningPhilDined on 9/18/2014That pretty much sums it up. The place is more than a steakhouse, it is fine dining.Special Features:
- Great foodgreatsteakloversDined on 9/17/2014The special was great my steak was perfect the staff was terrificSpecial Features:
- WONDERFULkdrspirtDined on 9/15/2014My husband and I celebrated our 36 anniversary here. We had to wait a few minutes before someone came to our table and they furnished us a free appetizer because of it. They were very doting to us and made our night wonderful! We highly recommend for a special night or just to splurge on yourself.Special Features:
- Perfect dinnerRoddyPDined on 8/31/2014For my husband's birthday. A lovely evening. The service was excellent and the food was wonderful, outstanding preparation, unbelievably delicious. I doubt I'll be able to enjoy any other steak. They will always be compared to Mahogany. Pricey, but worth the price.Special Features:
- Anniversary10Star20thDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I had a wonderful night. The meal was perfect. The staff could not have been more attentive. The steak was like butter it melted in your mouth. Thank you for a wonderful 20th.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodNairionDined on 8/29/2014Best steak Ive ever had. The service was a little intrusive and cumbersome, but very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the SplurgeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014loved every course crab cakes, salad, steak, lobster tail and dessert. It was a splurge on the calories and the wallet but worth it. The service was great. Our waiter added appropriate humor and put us at ease. I would recommend for date night or clients. Great menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Steak was not as good as should have been for $58 (bone-in NY Strip). Awesome service and table location.Special Features:
- Catpd503Dined on 8/18/2014It was my first time taking my wife to Mahogany's for her birthday and I was impressed. The atmosphere was fantastic, the service was sharp and had the right touch of timing. For any couple who enjoys being in each others company, this is the place to eat. It was great to be able to sit and enjoy my wife's company without distractions of cell phone calls, texts or emails simply because it made us feel good to be alone with one another. The food was far beyond fantastic and anyone who appreciates steak in whatever choice cut, you will not be disappointed. The price is a bit high, but if you're looking for that memorable dining experience to share with someone special, this is the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midwestern beefLarryVIPDined on 8/17/2014I was looking for a great steak and dined at Mahogany's while visiting the area. The restaurant is nice, the ambiance pleasant, the wait staff fairly attentive. Enjoyed the ceasar salad & bread. The side order of au gradin potatoes generally good but too much cheese for my tastes. I ordered an 8 oz filet mignon And it arrived cooked as ordered, hot and flavorful. My only disappointment was that it was not as tender as expected.Special Features:
- This has to be by far the best..Sampson21Dined on 8/15/2014My wife and I really enjoyed the great romantic atmosphere and the friendly, professional serviceSpecial Features:
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014Best steak in Tulsa...Unfortunately had to send my wifes back and therefore mine was not as hot as usual. We come for our anniversary every year we are in town and they always do a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very specialOUwifeDined on 8/5/2014Took my husband for his 50th birthday. I made the reservation on Open Table and just mentioned it was his 50th in the "Special Requests" section. Wow! The Mahogany staff were all informed and made us feel so welcome and special. There was even a little card on the table for my husband. They were quite crowded that evening with large corporate groups in their meeting rooms, but it did not take away from our level of service at all. We were in a booth and it was as if we were the only ones there. The menu had lots of options and it was hard to choose but we opted for something new -- bison steak! Quite delicious! It was a lovely evening with exceptional service and delicious food. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion DinnerBigAl1934Dined on 8/4/2014This was our 1st time to go to this restaurant, and we were so impressed with the service and staff. It was our 35th anniversary and every one of the staff came by to wish us a Happy Anniversary. The steaks were done to perfection, and we ate too much, but everything was so good! Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for Business NeedsEuginOKVIPDined on 7/30/2014I take out quite a few customers and associates in Tulsa. Mahogany's is always our first choice. Literally to the point now that I've got quite the reputation in my organization from eating here so often. Good stuff. Side note: Ask them to make you a seafood sampler as an appetizer or as part of the dinner for the center of the table. Lobster, crab, shrimp, basically several options available. I leave it up to the kitchen to pick for me. Except for the lobster which they are going to ask because of the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Words can't describeMyFancyFeastDined on 7/25/2014Hands-down BEST steak I have ever had!!! Been raving about it all weekend. I got the filet mignon. No fat, LOADED with mouth-watering flavor (literally every bite you fell in love all over again), & cooked exactly how I ordered it. The ambiance was great for a fancy date; quiet, but not too quiet where you couldn't enjoy yourselves, dim lighting, candles on the tables, and the service was awesome! Very friendly, helpful, & checked on us just the right amount. We will definitely be back! Had a fantastic time :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakSteakloverDined on 7/25/2014Steak was the best we've ever had. Macaroni, au gratin potatoes and lobster escargot were pretty greasy. Next time we'll try something more healthy like the mushrooms and asparagus. The service was excellent and our wait staff was very down to earth and friendly. We will be back for more of that scrumptious steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tulsa gemSoonerdentDined on 7/25/2014Took my wife for anniversary dinner. Food and service were great except the wedge salad have way to much dressing and the chop salad didn't have much taste. The steak and seafood was wonderful. May have been a bad salad night lol. Will return and give salads another go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningGaryDined on 7/22/2014Was a special Anniversary. We were treated like royalty; both at the bar and in the dining room. The service, dinner and wine selection were excellent. The steaks and sides were outstanding. However, the appetizer ordered at the bar was more than a disappointment. We had the bacon wrapped scallops. Nicely presented but there were only three on the plate. Who serves appetizers (normally shared) in such small odd numbers? Was just a skimpy serving in our opinion; poorly conceived by the chef. They should do better for the high price charged for that item and I'd avoid it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveDined on 7/19/2014Great food and service. Expensive but worth the priceSpecial Features:
- Special occasionDine4pleasureDined on 7/12/2014We choose your restaurant for special occasions, birthdays, anniversaries and sometimes for an impromptu fine dining experience. Have had very good experience very time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experience in TulsaDaBlitzDined on 7/11/2014Over the top experience from beginning to end. Beautiful place,Excellent food,Excellent service. Chose this restaurant for a special birthday. Made reservation 2 days prior. Staff bent over backwards to make us feel special. Waitress Kristen knew the menu VERY well. Steak entree is $40 and up but best steak I've had in Tulsa. If you go expecting the high tab,you won't be disappointed with the restaurant. Kicker was the wait staff delivered orders all at the same time, each with a pen light shining on your steak as they wait for you to cut into it and tell them it's perfect. My husband's was a bit too rare.Refired steak was accompanied by the manager to be sure it was perfect.It was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakhouse experiencehappyJJhawkDined on 7/8/2014Service was great and the food was VERY good . . . our server was able to see that we did NOT want a long drawn out dinner and we were in and out of there in an hour!!! Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 596 reviews are from the Mahogany Prime Steakhouse - Tulsa reviews archive.
- A little pricey, but good selectionRocknflynm2Dined on 6/28/2014My husband said his 21 oz ribeye was good. My 14 oz had to much fat on it. But they were both cooked to perfection and had good flavoring. The key lime pie was a very nice treat at the end of an overall good meal. The service was excellent!! Couldn't have asked for any better service!! Though it was amuzing to us, the spill about where the beef came from etc...since we both know how the commercial beef industry works.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceTjh2713Dined on 6/27/2014Our dinner was wonderful. It was too expensive to be a regular customer but the food was delicious and our service was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingMrkelleyDined on 6/21/2014Delicious from the appetizers to the chocolate martini for dessert. Steaks were so flavorful and cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb restaurantMahoganyfanDined on 6/21/2014We love eating at Mahogany Steakhouse in Tulsa. The service is exceptional and, of course, the food is always the very best. Glad Tulsa has a steakhouse of this quality!Special Features:
- AWESOMEAWESOMEDined on 6/21/2014The best place that I have EVER had a meal at!! The surf and turf for 2 was the perfect amount of food for my wife and I. The lobster bisque was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RandyDined on 6/18/2014Steaks cooked perfectly as usual. Au Gratin was perfect. Salads were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mahogany Never DisappointsDisappointedinTulsaDined on 6/18/2014Took my wife to Mahogany for her birthday dinner. I had flowers delivered earlier in the day to be placed on the table upon our arrival. The management team was more than willing to accommodate my little added touch, as well as accommodating my requests for special servers and table. I couldn't have been happier. The food, as always, was simply outstanding and the service was impeccable (we can NEVER go wrong with Joseph and his team...so pleasant, professional and compassionate). The night was a smash hit with my wife and a memorable evening for us both. Mahogany is always our "go-to" place for special events. They set the bar so high for their competition and none have attained their level of expertise. PERFECTION!!Special Features:
- Great experienceReverkeDined on 6/14/2014The service is amazing and the food is awesome. I highly recommend this place. I tried going a couple of times before but without a reservation it is impossible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.